PDA

View Full Version : OT: ESPN gonna air CRICKET FINAL?

Infinite_limit
03-19-2015, 03:16 AM
Nevermind keep airing White Blondes interviewing negros

'MERICKA!

or some shit

Malik Hairston
03-19-2015, 03:25 AM
:lmao cricket
:lmao Indians playing sports

Infinite_limit
03-19-2015, 03:32 AM
:lmao cricket
:lmao Indians playing sports
"world wide leader in sports" my ass. Just another American fast food bullshit just like the cars, beer, and freedom

Strange Love
03-19-2015, 03:44 AM
They're still pushing for this shit?

:lol never going to caught on

Same with soccer. Shits only relevant once every 4 years.

MI21
03-19-2015, 03:47 AM
Cricket is a pretty great sport, but I can understand why people wouldn't like it.

I really don't understand how it isn't more popular worldwide that baseball, probably the shittest sport in the world along with s:lolccer.

100%duncan
03-19-2015, 03:48 AM
wtf is this even a sport

DMC
03-19-2015, 07:28 AM
What about Croquet? Anyone going to air that shit?

hater
03-19-2015, 08:50 AM
funny thing is even in Australia and New Zealand this cricket sport is hated and considered the most boring thing ever, not even considered a true sport.

Sure there are tools out there that still follow like, like the same tools here in america where they still follow baseball :lol

cricket, baseball, same bullshit fake sport usually played by unathletic geeks who couldn't make real sports rosters just played with different ball and bat

aussie91
03-19-2015, 09:07 AM
cricket is so BORING I can't think of anything apart from baseball that I would want to watch less

unleashbaynes
03-19-2015, 09:38 AM
"world wide leader in sports" my ass. Just another American fast food bullshit just like the cars, beer, and freedom

Then move you leach. Quit wasting my tax dollars so you can sit at home during the week watching cricket on your neighbor's wifi.

Silver&Black
03-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Don't even know the rules to the game...

When I see the scores on the ESPN crawler.....I'm like WTF is that? 240-175? Defeated by 3 wickets?

MI21
03-19-2015, 10:51 AM
funny thing is even in Australia and New Zealand this cricket sport is hated and considered the most boring thing ever, not even considered a true sport.

Sure there are tools out there that still follow like, like the same tools here in america where they still follow baseball :lol

cricket, baseball, same bullshit fake sport usually played by unathletic geeks who couldn't make real sports rosters just played with different ball and bat

All of this is quite untrue, tbh. Can understand people not enjoying cricket, but what you said does not ring true.

Captain of the Australian Cricket team is pretty much the second highest position behind prime minister, tbh.

hater
03-19-2015, 10:56 AM
All of this is quite untrue, tbh. Can understand people not enjoying cricket, but what you said does not ring true.

Captain of the Australian Cricket team is pretty much the second highest position behind prime minister, tbh.

and Derek Jeter is considered royalty here in the US of A.

Don't mean the sport is basically unwatchable and is on a downhill spiral.

plus the "national pride" bullshit is what keeps cricket going. Some tools wanna see a guy with a kangaroo on his jersey win a game to feel special. whoopteedoo

lefty20
03-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Cricket is a pretty great sport, but I can understand why people wouldn't like it.

I really don't understand how it isn't more popular worldwide that baseball, probably the shittest sport in the world along with s:lolccer.

Cricket is actually the 2nd most popular sport in the world.

cricket is so BORING I can't think of anything apart from baseball that I would want to watch less

Twenty-20 format offers all the excitement you get from Football and Basketball. And it's definitely miles ahead of Soccer and Baseball. But yeah the ODI and particularly the Test format are boring as fuck.

lefty20
03-19-2015, 01:44 PM
and Derek Jeter is considered royalty here in the US of A.

Don't mean the sport is basically unwatchable and is on a downhill spiral.

plus the "national pride" bullshit is what keeps cricket going. Some tools wanna see a guy with a kangaroo on his jersey win a game to feel special. whoopteedoo

You seem fairly ignorant in things concerning cricket so I won't bother correcting you there. But regarding baseball...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12508142/major-league-baseball-dying-think-again

Baseball isn't dead -- yet. Sure, there are threats, and the cable network bubble bursting in the next five to 10 years is by far the most problematic. But when October rolls around and playoff TV ratings are down again, remind yourself of one number: $9 billion. That's the record revenue last year for MLB, a $2 billion increase in just the past four years, according to Forbes. (For context, the NFL hit about $11 billion last year, NBA about $5 billion and NHL $3.7B.)

hater
03-19-2015, 01:48 PM
You seem fairly ignorant in things concerning cricket so I won't bother correcting you there. But regarding baseball...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12508142/major-league-baseball-dying-think-again

yeah, but baseball still is one of the most boring activities in human history. It used to be America's sport. not any longer and never will be again.

good luck proping yourself by throwing random dollar figures around thou :tu

lefty20
03-19-2015, 01:54 PM
yeah, but baseball still is one of the most boring activities in human history. It used to be America's sport. not any longer and never will be again.

good luck proping yourself with dollar figures thou :tu

If you looked at my previous posts I actually mentioned how Baseball is indeed boring compared to Basketball, Football and T-20 cricket.

The espn quote was to merely refute your claim that baseball is "basically unwatchable and is on a downhill spiral".

Pelicans78
03-19-2015, 01:56 PM

It is more popular than baseball worldwide.

Pelicans78
03-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Its the 2nd most popular sport in the world after soccer.

Pelicans78
03-19-2015, 01:59 PM
20/20 will be the future of cricket long-term. The test matches and 50 overs will be a thing of the past. People don't have time to watch all that.

Pelicans78
03-19-2015, 02:01 PM

good luck proping yourself by throwing random dollar figures around thou :tu

Baseball is still number two in this country.

hater
03-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Its the 2nd most popular sport in the world after soccer.

only because there are like 4 billion in India and Pakistan.

Pelicans78
03-19-2015, 03:59 PM

And Bangladesh.

Strange Love
03-19-2015, 04:21 PM
hater getting caught talking out of his ass again. :lol

Just own up to it brah.

Tuddy
03-19-2015, 05:45 PM
NFL is right there with baseball in terms of boredom tbh. 3 hour game and the ball is in play for 15-20 mins max.

lefty
03-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Can't be worse than curling on Canadian sport networks

:lmao

Spurs9
03-20-2015, 08:41 AM
IIRC they also air arm wresting on ESPN2.

100%duncan
03-20-2015, 09:42 AM

:rollin

xellos88330
03-20-2015, 12:17 PM
I might watch this lol!!!

Yes, I am being serious. I am a huge fan of all types of games and wouldn't mind familiarizing myself with cricket. Right now when someone says cricket, I think of darts.

TDMVPDPOY
03-20-2015, 12:31 PM
hate it with a passion, a bunch of clowns standing on the field waiting for the ball to be hit in their direction to do anything, or else ur just standing their in the sun