PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Smith organizing hurricane relief all-star game

Sense
09-04-2005, 08:22 PM
HOUSTON -- Former Houston Rockets guard Kenny Smith is working with a promoter to organize a Sept. 11 charity basketball game benefiting Hurricane Katrina victims.

Smith, who won NBA titles with the Rockets in 1994-95, and Houston promoter Martin Fox said they have commitments from some of the biggest names in the NBA, Houston television station KRIV reported Saturday.

Smith, an analyst on TNT's national telecasts, said the event has a national television partner that will be announced when details are finalized. The game would be played at Toyota Center, home of the Rockets.

"This is not a pipe dream," Smith said. "It's just small hurdles, not big ones. The big ones have been jumped over."

Toyota Center and Rockets officials said they support the event.

Houston has the largest concentration of the estimated 223,000 Katrina refugees in Texas.

TOP-CHERRY
09-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Very cool. :tu

Sense
09-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Smith, who won NBA titles with the Rockets in 1994-95, and Houston promoter Martin Fox said they have commitments from some of the biggest names in the NBA, Houston television station KRIV reported Saturday.

Who could be involved?

Summers
09-04-2005, 08:57 PM
With the price of gas sky-rocketing, we should organize a caravan of people who want to go. :)

Sense
09-04-2005, 10:54 PM
With the price of gas sky-rocketing, we should organize a caravan of people who want to go. :)

:lol

Summers
09-05-2005, 12:54 AM
:lol

Unfortunately, I was serious. :lol My ass is broke and my car is a gas hog.

Sense
09-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Unfortunately, I was serious. :lol My ass is broke and my car is a gas hog.

Could it be sad and funny? :depressed