PDA

View Full Version : NBA: 50/50 Harden/Lakers

DMC
03-20-2015, 09:10 AM
James Harden hits 50 for the first time in his career

:rolleyes

The Lakers reached the 50-loss mark for the second straight season and only the fifth in the franchise's 67-year history. That compares to 32 seasons with 50 or more victories and 16 NBA championships.

:toast

Koolaid_Man
03-20-2015, 09:13 AM
stop making bullshit lame ass threads...ok fat fingers....go stick your fatty Native American fingers in M>s ass and leave the keyboard alone....:lol

Killakobe81
03-20-2015, 09:51 AM
James Harden hits 50 for the first time in his career

:rolleyes

The Lakers reached the 50-loss mark for the second straight season and only the fifth in the franchise's 67-year history. That compares to 32 seasons with 50 or more victories and 16 NBA championships.

:toast

I wallow in the misery of our second straight 50 (heck, I'm shooting for 60 or more!!!) if Russel Towns or Okafor are wearing purple and gold next year ...

With our luck lately we end up with Mudiay who I a m not sold on ... but hoping for the best.

And 50 is 5o who cares if 22 came from FT's ...

DMC
03-20-2015, 10:13 AM
I wallow in the misery of our second straight 50 (heck, I'm shooting for 60 or more!!!) if Russel Towns or Okafor are wearing purple and gold next year ...

With our luck lately we end up with Mudiay who I a m not sold on ... but hoping for the best.

And 50 is 5o who cares if 22 came from FT's ...

They should care. For one, you don't want your offense predicated on getting to the line. That's historically not worked out well during the playoffs. Secondly, and most important, is that you don't want half your offense coming from one guy. That has absolutely not worked out well in the playoffs.

Harden scored 28 points from the field, the rest were from the line. So if it was a real score summary, it would read like "James Harden finishes with 50 points, 22 of those coming by way of the free throw".

I never understood why they say "free throw" or "charity stripe" then say "make him go to the line and earn them". How can it be both?

Killakobe81
03-20-2015, 10:38 AM
They should care. For one, you don't want your offense predicated on getting to the line. That's historically not worked out well during the playoffs. Secondly, and most important, is that you don't want half your offense coming from one guy. That has absolutely not worked out well in the playoffs.

Harden scored 28 points from the field, the rest were from the line. So if it was a real score summary, it would read like "James Harden finishes with 50 points, 22 of those coming by way of the free throw".

I never understood why they say "free throw" or "charity stripe" then say "make him go to the line and earn them". How can it be both?

You may be right yet I still don't care. I hope that they lose in the playoffs not cuz of Harden but I want to see the Coward and Lurch fail miserably.

if you played in a competitive league with Harden Im sure you would want to punch him in the face. And a s fan of a rival team his act is probably loathsome. But I am always telling the kids I coach or yelling at my Lakers to drive to the basket. Harden does ...at least when he is not playing hero iso ball on the perimeter. Drawing fouls not only helps himself but also his team. He is also causing foul trouble on his defenders.

da_suns_fan
03-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Hes a sixth man. Not worth a max contract.

djohn2oo8
03-20-2015, 10:55 AM

A bigger problem is the Rockets are a live by the three die by the three team with no real offensive strategy. That will get you in more trouble in the playoffs than free throws. When their 3's don't go in the team looks absolutely clueless on what to do.

RsxPiimp
03-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Always hated Hardens game but he's legit this year.

DMC
03-20-2015, 11:11 AM
You may be right yet I still don't care. I hope that they lose in the playoffs not cuz of Harden but I want to see the Coward and Lurch fail miserably.

if you played in a competitive league with Harden Im sure you would want to punch him in the face. And a s fan of a rival team his act is probably loathsome. But I am always telling the kids I coach or yelling at my Lakers to drive to the basket. Harden does ...at least when he is not playing hero iso ball on the perimeter. Drawing fouls not only helps himself but also his team. He is also causing foul trouble on his defenders.

Ok, saying you don't care isn't the same as saying "who cares?" as if any 50pt performance is the same as any other.

LkrFan
03-20-2015, 11:19 AM
In over 60 seasons, the Lakers missed the playoffs like 5 times. The last 2? Tanking. Pity post.

The Gemini Method
03-20-2015, 11:24 AM
In over 60 seasons, the Lakers missed the playoffs like 5 times. The last 2? Tanking. Pity post. Tough times my fellow Laker brethren...

LkrFan
03-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Tough times my fellow Laker brethren...

We aight. History tells me we'll be back. Eddie Jones, Baby Drew, and Julius Randle - off the top of my head are the latest lottery players we picked up. If B Scott don't mess it up, we should have another high pick after this debacle of a season is over with.

Killakobe81
03-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Ok, saying you don't care isn't the same as saying "who cares?" as if any 50pt performance is the same as any other.

DMc after this week how many guys really are going to go back and check that boxscore to see he took that many Ft's?

For Rox fans they will say "remember that night when Harden hit 50? Even McGrady never did it"

For some hardcore NBA fans and analytics guys? Maybe.

Casual sports fan will see that last 3 forced over two guys on ESPN (which was a horrible Worst of Kobe type shot) and be impressed with the degree of difficulty.

Maybe I should of said not many NBA fans will care in the end ...it's still 50.

Killakobe81
03-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Of course it sucks that we lost 50 back to back. It's in the books in ink. But if we get Okafor Towns or Russell to be a #2 and can lure a #1 in the next two years we should be good. I doubt even with Okafor we make playoffs next year but that's ok ...as long as we in 35-40 games ...

Man, has the bar been lowered ...

unleashbaynes
03-20-2015, 12:48 PM
I like that kid Towns.....very good post scorer...

DMC
03-20-2015, 09:52 PM
DMc after this week how many guys really are going to go back and check that boxscore to see he took that many Ft's?

For Rox fans they will say "remember that night when Harden hit 50? Even McGrady never did it"

For some hardcore NBA fans and analytics guys? Maybe.

Casual sports fan will see that last 3 forced over two guys on ESPN (which was a horrible Worst of Kobe type shot) and be impressed with the degree of difficulty.

Maybe I should of said not many NBA fans will care in the end ...it's still 50.
We're still talking about how meaningless TMacs stats were. So yeah.