PDA

View Full Version : KD out indefinitely

SpursFan86
03-20-2015, 11:53 AM

With it sounding like Ibaka and KD both likely to miss the remainder of the season, I'm not so sure OKC will make the playoffs. Then again, New Orleans is dealing with a lot of injuries as well.

Regardless, tough luck for OKC. Near 7-footer with foot problems...not a good situation.

cjw
03-20-2015, 11:57 AM
So much for a fun 1-8 match up. And Spurs will almost certainly have to win 1 or 2 at Oracle now if they even make it that far.

As much as I dislike the Thunder, won't be the same without him healthy. I thought they made a huge mistake rushing him back and now they'll never know if that decision derailed his season/career (?)

SupremeGuy
03-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Everyone called it with his injury... about time OKC realized they were doing more harm than good by trying to get him back on the floor this year. They may have done irreparable damage.

Horse
03-20-2015, 12:19 PM
That's what he gets for not winning when the refs put him in the finals. Fuck that pimple-faced MVcrybaby cocksucker.

jermaine
03-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Spurs vs Cabs in finals.... Book it!!!

spursparker9
03-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Somwhere, this guy is smiling.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3225.png&w=350&h=254

Mugen
03-20-2015, 12:34 PM
With or without Durant, the Thunder had no shot of going anywhere in the playoffs without Ibaka.

tmtcsc
03-20-2015, 12:36 PM
With or without Durant, the Thunder had no shot of going anywhere in the playoffs without Ibaka.

Very little shot with all 3 imo.

SnakeBoy
03-20-2015, 12:37 PM
75% of Jones fractures heal properly the rest become a chronic condition. Career ender tbh.

RIP MVP KD...you cried so good.:cry

unleashbaynes
03-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Dumbasses. That's what you get screwing around with a serious injury like that.

cantthinkofanything
03-20-2015, 12:41 PM
It's too bad. I like KD and if this had happened earlier in the season, I would have poured out a little liquor for him. But no time for that now with the Spurs making their run at another ring.
At least they have Harden to pick up the slack.

Harry Callahan
03-20-2015, 12:45 PM
James Anderson all over again, but with a much much better player. Remember Anderson was actually pretty good for the Spurs prior to his injury in his rookie year.

This is another example why the Spurs are so amazing in their regular season consistency since Duncan got here.

The OKC window of opportunity looks like it already closed. Looming Free Agency will slam it shut.

baseline bum
03-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Reading shit like this makes me thankful we have Pop in San Antonio. I think most coaches would have brought Duncan back to try to defend the title in 2000. Could have ended up like Brandon Roy.

ViceCity86
03-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Reading shit like this makes me thankful we have Pop in San Antonio. I think most coaches would have brought Duncan back to try to defend the title in 2000. Could have ended up like Brandon Roy.

Plus in hindsight,Spurs weren't snuff up to par to win the chip that year against the Lakers or Blazers anyway.

CGD
03-20-2015, 01:45 PM

This

r0drig0lac
03-20-2015, 02:03 PM
That's what he gets for not winning when the refs put him in the finals. Fuck that pimple-faced MVcrybaby cocksucker.

wtf

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 02:07 PM

^^^^^ TRUTH.

KL2
03-20-2015, 02:26 PM
That injury is no joke, Anderson and Beaubois both had that injury and they were never the same after.

timtonymanu
03-20-2015, 02:39 PM
That sucks, but it was inevitable when his idiot team brought him back too soon. It will suck for the league if he's never the same player again.

This will also go from one of the best first round matchups(GS vs OKC) to a boring and quick series (GS vs NO).

SnakeBoy
03-20-2015, 03:18 PM
That injury is no joke, Anderson and Beaubois both had that injury and they were never the same after.

Yeah you'd think they would've erred on the side of being overly cautious given the seriousness of the injury and him being a true franchise player.

- Outcomes:
- in the report by Larson CM, et al (2002), 15 patients (mean age, 21.7 years) underwent cannulated screw fixation of a Jones fracture;
- there were six treatment failures: four refractures and two symptomatic nonunions;
- mean time to full activity was 6.8 weeks for the patients with failure compared with 9 weeks for patients who did not have complications;
- although all patients were asymptomatic and radiographically progressing to union before return to full activity, only one of six patients with failures had complete radiographic union, compared with six of seven patients with no complications;
- there was a higher proportion of elite athletes (division I or professional level) among the failure group (83%) compared with those without complications (11%);
- return to full activity, especially among elite athletes, before complete radiographic union was predictive of failure

timtonymanu
03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
They traded away Harden so nothing surprises me with that idiot franchise.

dabom
03-20-2015, 03:29 PM
perkins :lmao

daslicer
03-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Plus in hindsight,Spurs weren't snuff up to par to win the chip that year against the Lakers or Blazers anyway.

I was in hschool at that time and was pissed off at Pop for not allowing Duncan to play. Just being young I had a lot of hatred for the Lakers back then but then again I still hate them but anyways I felt if Duncan was healthy the Spurs would have beaten both the Lakers and Blazers that year. Not having Sean Elliott for most of the year harmed the Spurs but once they got him back they started getting their championship chemistry back. Also the Spurs were the only team that had a winning record against the Lakers by going 3-1. No doubt in my mind the Spurs would have beaten LA that year since mentally the lakers were still a shaky team. Spurs had a mental edge against the Lakers but that went away once they won their first title with Shaq/Kobe.

Juggity
03-20-2015, 04:10 PM
one of my most fervent hopes over the last few years has been to see Oklahoma City be repeatedly denied a shot at a title until the team breaks up. Glad to see another season wasted for that franchise :tu

timtonymanu
03-20-2015, 04:12 PM
one of my most fervent hopes over the last few years has been to see Oklahoma City be repeatedly denied a shot at a title until the team breaks up. Glad to see another season wasted for that franchise :tu

Yep I hated that franchise since 2012. But it would suck to see an all time player like Durant be out of the league early. Even though I personally dont like him

therealtruth
03-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Warriors dodging a bullet.

Das Texan
03-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Yeah you'd think they would've erred on the side of being overly cautious given the seriousness of the injury and him being a true franchise player.

fucking retarded morons really, tbh.

TampaDude
03-21-2015, 04:16 AM
Hate the Thunder, but have nothing against Durant himself. Hope he's able to come back at 100%.

DMC
03-21-2015, 08:59 AM
From turning down TC, to overpaying Jeff Green, to trading an expiring for Porkins who they hadn't even seen play all year, to the Harden decision, not a smart franchise. They got incredibly lucky Cavs style in the draft with three of the top players in the league, but have done nothing with them. Now they'll likely watch their former 6th man win the MVP while their MVP is hobbled due to their stupid asses, and Scott WestBrooks runs amok on the court collecting fools gold stats to boost his stock price.

Cry Havoc
03-21-2015, 10:19 AM
This shouldn't surprise anyone. Remember last year's WCF when they said Ibaka was out for the playoffs and then TWO GAMES LATER he was suiting up?

Not only is this going to take them out of title contention this year, it could arguably torpedo the franchise in OKC. Who is going to want to go play for them when they just cut an MVP's career in half?

Fucking stupid. Everyone saw it, everyone even pointed it out, and they were too desperate for rings to use their fucking brains.

It would be hilarious if OKC lost their franchise back to Seattle as a result of this. The entire management staff and FO who had a hand in this should be terminated at season's end. I'm not a huge KD fan but I love his game and it lessens the NBA that he's going to be apparently dealing with this for potentially the rest of his career.

Mikeanaro
03-21-2015, 12:35 PM
The Based God strikes again
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/3/20/8266733/lilb-says-kevin-durant-will-leave-thunder-because-he-isnt-loyal
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/E__CD2UzBWcQGCjG_hgoxfa1388=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3524532/lilbreturns.0.jpg

Chillen
03-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Thunder should just tank it now for a draft pick and get everyone healthy to compete for the 2015-2016 NBA season. Without KD and Ibaka, the Warriors should have no problem sending them fishing. Westbrook's play this season has been amazing though! Also no guarantee Durant sticks around so it would make sense to miss playoffs and get a high draft pick.

exstatic
03-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Thunder should just tank it now for a draft pick and get everyone healthy to compete for the 2015-2016 NBA season. Without KD and Ibaka, the Warriors should have no problem sending them fishing. Westbrook's play this season has been amazing though! Also no guarantee Durant sticks around so it would make sense to miss playoffs and get a high draft pick.

Missing the playoffs does NOT guarantee them any higher draft pick than their position would dictate. You really need a top 3 pick for star impact, and if OKC misses the playoffs, their chances of that are VERY slim. That #14 lottery position team has only a 0.5% chance of pulling the lottery winning pick. They have a 98.2% chance of staying right at pick #14, which wouldn't be much better than a slightly out of lottery pick of maybe 16 or 17 going to the playoffs.

DMC
03-21-2015, 06:01 PM
OKC had 4 guys who would be 1st overall picks if they were known talents today. Ibaka, Durant, Westbrook and Harden. Getting them another isn't going to make them competitive if they are that fucking stupid.

look_at_g_shred
03-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Missing the playoffs does NOT guarantee them any higher draft pick than their position would dictate. You really need a top 3 pick for star impact, and if OKC misses the playoffs, their chances of that are VERY slim. That #14 lottery position team has only a 0.5% chance of pulling the lottery winning pick. They have a 98.2% chance of staying right at pick #14, which wouldn't be much better than a slightly out of lottery pick of maybe 16 or 17 going to the playoffs.

Seventyniner
03-21-2015, 07:15 PM

Good take. Even two home playoff games' worth of ticket sales is substantial, and if they somehow have Durant back they might be able to force a game 6 against the Warriors. The Thunder are going to push for the postseason come hell or high water.

spurs10
03-21-2015, 07:49 PM
History tells us they'll play him no matter what in the playoffs.