PDA

View Full Version : Spurs trying to track down the 2/3/4 seed

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Spurs 4 The Win
03-20-2015, 10:55 PM
What happened to the previous thread about the standings of other teams ahead of us, it is completely deleted and gone? Wtf

Anyways, Mavs lose and Portland loses, looking more and more like Portland will drop to the 6/7 seed range so getting homecourt over the Clips is crucial and getting ahead of the rockets would be even better for us. Next 5 games are huge for us, go 5-0 and we are in business.

FromWayDowntown
03-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Portland will win the Northwest and has to have a top 4 seed (but not necessarily HCA in Round 1).

Portland can fall no further than 4.

SpursFan86
03-20-2015, 11:06 PM
Yeah what the hell happened?

Anyways, still annoyed about that loss to the Knicks. We SHOULD be in 5th right now and in position to get HCA over Portland. Given how terrible we've been in OT games this year + a few terrible losses to shitty teams, it's actually encouraging that we're where we're at. Just need to finish out the season strong.

I initially thought this upcoming stretch would be tough, but it looks like we've gotten some good luck. Korver might miss the game on Sunday, and KD/Ibaka will both be out for the game on Wednesday. Memphis and Dallas have both been struggling too. If we could go 4-1 over the next 5 games, that'd be great.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Portland will win the Northwest and has to have a top 4 seed (but not necessarily HCA in Round 1).

Portland can fall no further than 4.

Forgot about that, great point, that is excellent news for us, if we can stay in front of the clips, a first round date with Portland would be a dream scenario. A nice tune up for Golden State. Especially if we can get a homecourt 5 seed.

spurraider21
03-20-2015, 11:10 PM
3 would be great to dodge the GSW bracket

Spurs 4 The Win
03-20-2015, 11:13 PM

We have to play them eventually, I dont care if we lose in the WCF or WCSF, if we cant beat them we cant beat them, delaying wont accomplish much. No matter where we finish, we are on a collision course with them, and I would honestly rather play them sooner than later so that we dont get eliminated by a trash team that will get swept by Golden State. It will be the defacto WCF if we meet in the 2nd round.

daslicer
03-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Not counting on this team getting HCA. They have a tendency to blow games they should win like losing to the Knicks,Jazz,Lakers.

spurs10
03-20-2015, 11:17 PM
Well even Sean was saying the trouble with getting a 4th or 5th seed is GSW.

SnakeBoy
03-20-2015, 11:27 PM
We have to play them eventually, I dont care if we lose in the WCF or WCSF, if we cant beat them we cant beat them, delaying wont accomplish much. No matter where we finish, we are on a collision course with them, and I would honestly rather play them sooner than later so that we dont get eliminated by a trash team that will get swept by Golden State. It will be the defacto WCF if we meet in the 2nd round.

Agreed, pretty stupid to think hiding from GSW is beneficial. Fatigue has always become an issue for the Spurs by the WCF so it's best to meet them in the semi's. One round to get into playoff mode and then they are either better than the dubs or they aren't.

apalisoc_9
03-20-2015, 11:28 PM
What a douche move by the mods to close CD thread..

nigga put in work there.

spurs10
03-20-2015, 11:30 PM
We have to play them eventually, I dont care if we lose in the WCF or WCSF, if we cant beat them we cant beat them, delaying wont accomplish much. No matter where we finish, we are on a collision course with them, and I would honestly rather play them sooner than later so that we dont get eliminated by a trash team that will get swept by Golden State. It will be the defacto WCF if we meet in the 2nd round. Of course you're right. We will meet them eventually. We play Blazers and then rest up for the Dubs.

spurraider21
03-20-2015, 11:40 PM
the spurs will probably get better as the playoffs go along... i'd rather play them later when we're rolling

Malik Hairston
03-20-2015, 11:42 PM
the spurs will probably get better as the playoffs go along... i'd rather play them later when we're rolling

Not with the mileage from the last few playoff runs, tbh, better to play them in round 2..

See: 2008 playoffs where the team was dead vs. LA after the NO series

On paper, the only teams in the West that match up decently with the Warriors are the Spurs and Grizzlies, and Memphis is going to get the 2nd seed, they wouldnt get GSW until round 3..nobody else has any chance against them, so might as well get them earlier IMO..

Spurs 4 The Win
03-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Not with the mileage from the last few playoff runs, tbh, better to play them in round 2..

Exactly what I was thinking, playing road playoff series is rough and draining, getting the toughest opponent out of the way first would give us an emotional boost. Having to go 7 with New Orleans was murder because the Lakers were rested and waiting, side note, we also got dicked and had to play a back to back which is BS and the plane got mysteriously stalled on the runway late into the night.

spurraider21
03-20-2015, 11:45 PM

On paper, the only teams in the West that match up decently with the Warriors are the Spurs and Grizzlies, and Memphis is going to get the 2nd seed, they wouldnt get GSW until round 3..nobody else has any chance against them, so might as well get them earlier IMO..
just going off more recent history. struggled against dallas and started playing better after. granted... mavs/carlisle were a tough matchup and portland was a cakewalk, but i dont think we beat OKC round 1 last year tbh

Malik Hairston
03-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Getting the 5 seed would allow the easiest opponent in the 1st round, Portland..Spurs would beat them in 5 again IMO, which would lead to a rested series against the Warriors..

In contrast, if they get the 6 seed and Houston, that's going to be a long, frustrating series, even if the Spurs manage to pull it off..

Spurs 4 The Win
03-20-2015, 11:47 PM
just going off more recent history. struggled against dallas and started playing better after. granted... mavs/carlisle were a tough matchup and portland was a cakewalk, but i dont think we beat OKC round 1 last year tbh

You are forgetting we had homecourt/wake up call from the mavs/and a very easy series with Portland, they just laid down and took it. So we were very well rested vs OKC, also we had the basketball gods on our side in our quest for redemption. This year that does not appear to be the case.

ViceCity86
03-20-2015, 11:48 PM
I say Warriors in WCF,mainly because of pressure.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Getting the 5 seed would allow the easiest opponent in the 1st round, Portland..Spurs would beat them in 5 again IMO, which would lead to a rested series against the Warriors..

In contrast, if they get the 6 seed and Houston, that's going to be a long, frustrating series, even if the Spurs manage to pull it off..

We dont want anything to do with Houston, not because they would beat us, but because half the posters here would have a heart attack from the BS reffing, not to mention it is a rivalry and would be incredibly physical and draining and we wouldnt have homecourt. Not a good situation for an old team.

Sean Cagney
03-20-2015, 11:51 PM
Not counting on this team getting HCA. They have a tendency to blow games they should win like losing to the Knicks,Jazz,Lakers.

^^^^^^ This
I say Warriors in WCF,mainly because of pressure.
Why are fans assuming we are in round two or three ALREADY?????? They need to get out of a round one first.

Malik Hairston
03-20-2015, 11:53 PM
That 1-6 OT record is going to feel so bad if the Spurs don't get a top 5 seed, tbh:lol..

Spurs 4 The Win
03-20-2015, 11:55 PM
That 1-6 OT record is going to feel so bad if the Spurs don't get a top 5 seed, tbh:lol..

We have pissed away 6 games this year (Portland and Memphis 3OT, Knicks, Detroit, Lakers, and of course Cleveland) So negating the one game we absolutely stole vs the Pelicans, that is a net of 5 games we absolutely choked the fuck away. We could be sitting at the 2 seed smh

apalisoc_9
03-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Portland is playing Memphis tomorrow.

Houston is playing Suns..

It's funny how the spurs are still in the hunt for 3rd seed despite the struggles.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-20-2015, 11:57 PM
Portland is playing Memphis tomorrow.

Houston is playing Suns..

It's funny how the spurs are still in the hunt for 3rd seed despite the struggles.

I hoenstly feel like the spurs will need to go 13-1 to close the season if they want to even sniff the 2/3 seed unless Memphis and Houston just implode.

Robz4000
03-20-2015, 11:58 PM
Its possible Houston lost Terrence Jones for the rest of the season. If so they become a much easier match up for the Spurs.

apalisoc_9
03-20-2015, 11:58 PM
Well the spurs play houston 2x still...So its really doable.

2nd seed would be a miracle, IMO.

apalisoc_9
03-20-2015, 11:59 PM
Still 14 games..If the spurs go 11-3..they'd have good chance to get 3rd seed.

timtonymanu
03-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Yeah I was on the race thread on my phone, then when I checked back, the link was invalid?!

SpurPadre
03-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Team trying to move up while TP is trying to fuck Becky:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/SnYfOhkkoRbl0_KvU8wqVg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM3OTtpbD1wbGFuZTtweG 9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02NzQ-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/f9e5671a6477100c710f6a70670096a3.jpg

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 12:13 AM
You are forgetting we had homecourt/wake up call from the mavs/and a very easy series with Portland, they just laid down and took it. So we were very well rested vs OKC, also we had the basketball gods on our side in our quest for redemption. This year that does not appear to be the case.
how did i forget that when i explicitly said that in the post you quoted :lol

learn to read

100%duncan
03-21-2015, 12:15 AM
Why was it deleted? What the fuck?

Spurs 4 The Win
how did i forget that when i explicitly said that in the post you quoted :lol

learn to read

lol, im dumb, well played :lol Its been a long night

100%duncan
@cd21 you ma nigga, we gotchu

Spurs 4 The Win
Why was it deleted? What the fuck?

Idk, really strange

timtonymanu
Facing the Guests would be nice. I still fear Houston, just because they have a lot of players that go off on the Spurs. That would be a nightmare 1st round matchup if it happens.

SpursFan86
03-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Portland's next two games are tomorrow @ Memphis and Tuesday vs. GS. If we can beat Atlanta and Dallas, we'll still be the 5th seed, but we'll have HCA over Portland in 4th. I'd honestly be fine with staying there. I think there's still a slight chance we could move into 3rd, but I'd rather be 5th (with HCA over Portland) than 3rd tbh.

But yeah, it's crazy how we're still in decent position given all the injuries and stupid games we've lost. We've lost 6 OT games and that game to the Knicks...if we even snag just 2 or 3 of those games, we're fighting for the 2nd seed.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Portland's next two games are tomorrow @ Memphis and Tuesday vs. GS. If we can beat Atlanta and Dallas, we'll still be the 5th seed, but we'll have HCA over Portland in 4th. I'd honestly be fine with staying there. I think there's still a slight chance we could move into 3rd, but I'd rather be 5th (with HCA over Portland) than 3rd tbh.

But yeah, it's crazy how we're still in decent position given all the injuries and stupid games we've lost. We've lost 6 OT games and that game to the Knicks...if we even snag 2 or 3 of those games, we're fighting for the 2nd seed.

Idk, clippers have an easy as fuck schedule, they might drop three more and have the tiebreak over us so we would need to only lose 2 more the rest of the way to get past them. Im concerned we will end up the 6 seed with a better record than Portland at 4.

tmtcsc
03-21-2015, 12:31 AM

Avoid GSW? C'mon now, thats silly talk! The Spurs are the friggin defending champs!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8KPEP_q5O0A/UBfTGrlwH_I/AAAAAAAABd0/2uKNhW-ND4Q/s1600/funny-gifs-wtf.gif

tmtcsc
03-21-2015, 12:35 AM
Facing the Guests would be nice. I still fear Houston, just because they have a lot of players that go off on the Spurs. That would be a nightmare 1st round matchup if it happens.

I want that match-up something fierce. The Spurs owe the Rockets a beat down of epic proportions. Bring em on.

SpursFan86
03-21-2015, 12:41 AM
Damn, yeah, just looked at LAC's schedule...they have a really easy final stretch. There's a good chance they might only lose 2 or 3 more games. I'm not sure we'll be able to make up 2 games worth of ground against them.

The only somewhat challenging games they have left: New Orleans (with their injuries, not sure you can even count them), GS, @Portland, Memphis, @Phoenix

I really don't see them dropping any more than 3 of those games. The rest of their schedule is made up of NY, LAL (twice), Philadelphia, Boston, and Denver (twice).

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Terrence Jones is Houston's 2nd best player at this point IMO, massive blow if he's out for the season..

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 12:46 AM
Damn, yeah, just looked at LAC's schedule...they have a really easy final stretch. There's a good chance they might only lose 2 or 3 more games. I'm not sure we'll be able to make up 2 games worth of ground against them.

The only somewhat challenging games they have left: New Orleans (with their injuries, not sure you can even count them), GS, @Portland, Memphis, @Phoenix

I really don't see them dropping any more than 3 of those games.

Yup, this means we either have to get red hot and go 12-2 down the stretch against elite competition (could happen but it will be hard) or we need to track down Houston/Memphis by having them drop 6-7 games of their final 14. Looking like we will need CPchoke to help us out a little.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 12:46 AM
Terrence Jones is Houston's 2nd best player at this point IMO, massive blow if he's out for the season..

pun intended? :lmao

ViceCity86
03-21-2015, 12:54 AM
:lmao

ViceCity86
03-21-2015, 12:59 AM
Then again who is the Rockets 2nd best player
Chucker Ariza?
Corey Brewer? He actually might be 2nd best as of now:lol
Josh Smith?
Fake preaching nut punching Peanuthead? Terry
White guy that shoots 3s?

Rockets:lol

Jimmy Cobaine
03-21-2015, 01:09 AM
GSW are a fluke team. OKC will eliminate them.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 01:15 AM
GSW are a fluke team. OKC will eliminate them.

Westbrook isnt that good that he can do it alone

HI-FI
03-21-2015, 01:21 AM
still don't understand why cd021's thread got deleted. was there a becky hammon joke in there?

cd021
03-21-2015, 02:54 AM
Could someone explain why my "Race to the Top of the West, Spurs or The Field?" got deleted.

3rd year I've been doing it and ,out of the blue, got cut

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 03:01 AM
Could someone explain why my "Race to the Top of the West, Spurs or The Field?" got deleted.

3rd year I've been doing it and ,out of the blue, got cut

Did anybody in the thread say something bad about ChumpDumper? He's known to get posters banned and threads deleted, tbh:lol..

cd021
03-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Did anybody in the thread say something bad about ChumpDumper? He's known to get posters banned and threads deleted, tbh:lol..
Thread pretty much stayed on topic, which is a rarity on ST.

Beaverfuzz
03-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Spurs will move up a minimum of one spot, and preferably two. Would love to see them face Portland in first round and have home court. Shut these prima donna's up!

apalisoc_9
03-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Thread pretty much stayed on topic, which is a rarity on ST.

I had your thread bookmarked on my phone...Kinda sad because i used the thread to look at the schedule on my phone since NBA.com takes forever to load.

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Definitely the most random and unexplained deleted thread in ST history, tbh:lol..

apalisoc_9
03-21-2015, 12:07 PM
To my knowledge someone was fighting with chump again before it got deleted..

Not sure why that old ma has a nasty habit of snitching.

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 12:09 PM
:lol the mods let Apo and I make dozens of threads about Parker/Kawhi, but they deleted cd021's Spurs standings thread:lmao..

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 12:19 PM
:lol the mods let (ME) make dozens of threads about Parker/Kawhi, but they deleted cd021's Spurs standings thread:lmao..

FIFY

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Portland vs Memphis tonight in a somebody must lose game, probably should be rooting for Portland in this one so that we can improve our chances of getting ahead of Memphis/Rockets.

Also Rockets playing Phoenix, would be incredibly beneficial for us if they lost.

RD2191
03-21-2015, 08:21 PM
playing gs in the 2nd round would be better imo. why not get the main competition out earlier than after 2 tough rounds.

timtonymanu
03-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Man, I wish the Spurs can draw Portland in the first round

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Man, I wish the Spurs can draw Portland in the first round

Have to finish ahead of the Clippers for that, which looks unlikely

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Portland down 18 in the 3rd quarter, they will lose

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 08:46 PM
:lol the mods let Apo and I make dozens of threads about Parker/Kawhi, but they deleted cd021's Spurs standings thread:lmao..
i guess the mods are player fans too

ace3g
03-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Not sure what seed the Spurs finish at but looks like both Blazers and Rockets will lose tonight.

apalisoc_9
03-21-2015, 08:53 PM
These teams are trying to hand the spurs a higher seed but over and over again the spurs fail..

Houston and Portland losing their games..

Houston is losing at home....

If the spurs can go 11-3 in their next 14..I say third seed.

rogues
03-21-2015, 08:55 PM
:lol The Spurs aren't getting the third seed.

apalisoc_9
03-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Anyone know why Batum and Aldridge played only 16 minutes?

I switched to the rockets game in the 2nd quarter..

Injury?

look_at_g_shred
03-21-2015, 09:15 PM
Anyone know why Batum and Aldridge played only 16 minutes?

I switched to the rockets game in the 2nd quarter..

Injury?
Aldridge reaggravated thumb ligament

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Portland and Houston both sitting on 23 losses now, smh, Knicks and Cleveland game and we could be even with these jackasses

apalisoc_9
03-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Aldridge reaggravated thumb ligament

and Batum?

ducks
03-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Spurs getting 2 seed imo

bklynspursfan
03-21-2015, 09:22 PM
f'ing knicks game smh... gotta take care of this tough stretch coming up

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 09:25 PM
If we go 5-0, we will be in serious position to pass the rockets, I cant emphasize how huge the next 5 games are, I think we can go 5-0, we should be favorites in every game individually. The two games that could give us issues are at Dallas (house of horrors) and b2b against OKC

bklynspursfan
03-21-2015, 09:43 PM
If we go 5-0, we will be in serious position to pass the rockets, I cant emphasize how huge the next 5 games are, I think we can go 5-0, we should be favorites in every game individually. The two games that could give us issues are at Dallas (house of horrors) and b2b against OKC

tomorrow in atlanta will be tough too.

apalisoc_9
03-21-2015, 09:50 PM
If Korver play tom, we will have good way of telling if the spurs match up well with the Hawks.

Possible finals preview so I'm pumped for the game tomorrow.

baseline bum
03-21-2015, 09:50 PM

I don't care about that, the Spurs are going to have to go through Golden State eventually to take the conference. The 3 seed would be nice since it could mean a matchup with LA or Dallas in the first instead of Houston or Portland.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 09:52 PM
I don't care about that, the Spurs are going to have to go through Golden State eventually to take the conference. The 3 seed would be nice since it could mean a matchup with LA or Dallas in the first instead of Houston or Portland.

Give me Portland every day over LA

Brazil
03-21-2015, 10:00 PM
and Batum?

He sucks thats why

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 10:05 PM

Portland without Matthews isn't even a playoff caliber team, tbh:lol..

Aldridge + Lillard + a mysteriously declining Batum + Robin Lopez and a bunch of scrubs in the Western Conference..

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Clippers are probably going to finish as the 3 seed IMO..Spurs play Houston 2 more times, just keep pace and take care of those 2 games and they can get the 5 seed..

Spurs 4 The Win
03-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Clippers are probably going to finish as the 3 seed IMO..Spurs play Houston 2 more times, just keep pace and take care of those 2 games and they can get the 5 seed..

Rockets fans on suicide watch if they drop to the 6 seed with a better record than portland lol

ViceCity86
03-21-2015, 10:13 PM
It be fucked up if Spurs and Clippers wound up at 4 and 5 and play each other in 1st round.Clips in round one followed by the Warriors.:lol Only 2 teams really capable of beating us in a series.

Those 2 games back to back vs Rockets are huge.I expect a split,but be nice to win both.

timtonymanu
03-21-2015, 10:20 PM

Portland has to be the most preferred matchup since Matthews is out for the year and Aldridge/Batum just got hurt in todays game.

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 10:22 PM
It be fucked up if Spurs and Clippers wound up at 4 and 5 and play each other in 1st round.Clips in round one followed by the Warriors.:lol Only 2 teams really capable of beating us in a series.

Those 2 games back to back vs Rockets are huge.I expect a split,but be nice to win both.

Portland is locked at 3 or 4..

ViceCity86
03-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Portland is locked at 3 or 4..
The division,right? I forgot about that.

ViceCity86
03-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Spurs Mavs 2006 playoff matchup created that rule.

Budkin
03-21-2015, 10:40 PM
At this point I just want the Spurs to be playing their best basketball going into the playoffs, seeding be damned.

100%duncan
03-21-2015, 10:45 PM
At this point I just want the Spurs to be playing their best basketball going into the playoffs, seeding be damned.

:tu

Too many missed opportunities, technicalities with the division winner, and elements that we couldn't control. Best basketball and 100% health is all we can ask for.

RD2191
03-22-2015, 12:40 AM
that knicks game really fucked us. we'd be sitting at the 4 seed right now.:bang

RD2191
03-22-2015, 12:41 AM

crofl. neither of those teams would beat the spurs. especially the clips.

Sean Cagney
03-22-2015, 12:52 AM
f'ing knicks game smh... gotta take care of this tough stretch coming up
Yeah they f'ed up bad with that Knicks game....
that knicks game really fucked us. we'd be sitting at the 4 seed right now.:bang

I knew it was a major fuck up that night they lost man.

RD2191
03-22-2015, 01:08 AM

yeah, can you imagine if we didn't get home court at least in the 1st round because of 1 game? that would suck.:lol

Sean Cagney
03-22-2015, 01:26 AM
yeah, can you imagine if we didn't get home court at least in the 1st round because of 1 game? that would suck.:lol

I bet you the fans in here saying you guys cliff diving after one game and laughing about it would then see how important a game like that really is. The Cleveland game still pisses me off as well, had it won and then gave it away. Those two can come back to screw you but the Knicks game is especially bad now looking at the stretch of games coming up for the Spurs.

spurs10
03-22-2015, 02:39 AM
I bet you the fans in here saying you guys cliff diving after one game and laughing about it would then see how important a game like that really is. The Cleveland game still pisses me off as well, had it won and then gave it away. Those two can come back to screw you but the Knicks game is especially bad now looking at the stretch of games coming up for the Spurs. Well they all know that, so we can only hope they'll play with a fire in their belly until about mid June!

exstatic
03-22-2015, 07:53 AM

Nope. Portland, as an almost automatic division winner at this point, is guaranteed a top 4 spot. For the rest of the season, as things heat up, you will see teams likely flipping directly from 3 to 5 and back. The weird thing is that if team #5 has a better record, they'll get HCA in a 4/5 matchup with Portland. It happened a few years ago with a crappy Nuggets team. The only team that can knock Portland down from #4 is another team in their division. OKC is 5.5 back, and has no chance.

BillMc
03-22-2015, 08:03 AM
The truth is unless something dramatic happens we're going to open with Memphis, Portland or Houston and almost certainly on the road. Portland, because of injuries, is the weakest of these but the other two are about equal. I'd be more interested in making sure we're on the opposite side of the bracket as Golden State, so we don't have to face them until the WCF.

RD2191
03-22-2015, 09:21 AM
Nope. Portland, as an almost automatic division winner at this point, is guaranteed a top 4 spot. For the rest of the season, as things heat up, you will see teams likely flipping directly from 3 to 5 and back. The weird thing is that if team #5 has a better record, they'll get HCA in a 4/5 matchup with Portland. It happened a few years ago with a crappy Nuggets team. The only team that can knock Portland down from #4 is another team in their division. OKC is 5.5 back, and has no chance.
Son of a bish.:pctoss

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2015, 09:39 AM
I wouldnt count OKC out yet, Portland has dropped 4 straight with many more loseable games upcoming. They most likely wont be passed up but if that happened it would be hilarious.

Seventyniner
03-22-2015, 09:51 AM
Count me in with those who hate the rule of division winners getting a top 4 seed. I say let them into the playoffs but that's it.

therealtruth
03-22-2015, 09:59 AM
I would try to stay in that 6-7 bracket but then again in the West outside of Warriors/Grizzlies I don't think seeding reflects how good the team is.

therealtruth
03-22-2015, 10:00 AM

No problem. Just got to win every game from here on out.

exstatic
03-22-2015, 10:01 AM
I wouldnt count OKC out yet, Portland has dropped 4 straight with many more loseable games upcoming. They most likely wont be passed up but if that happened it would be hilarious.

We're closer to 2nd than OKC is to 4th.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2015, 10:01 AM
I would try to stay in that 6-7 bracket but then again in the West outside of Warriors/Grizzlies I don't think seeding reflects how good the team is.

Grizzlies are trash

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2015, 10:02 AM
We're closer to 2nd than OKC is to 4th.

We arent missing 3 starters like Portland

exstatic
03-22-2015, 10:04 AM
We arent missing 3 starters like Portland

OKC is missing 2 major pieces, and they have only 13 games left. They'll run out of time before they can catch Portland.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2015, 10:17 AM
OKC is missing 2 major pieces, and they have only 13 games left. They'll run out of time before they can catch Portland.

I agree, but I wouldnt count out a Portland collapse, it is very unlikely though, they would probably have to drop 9-10 of their final 13

exstatic
03-22-2015, 10:24 AM
I agree, but I wouldnt count out a Portland collapse, it is very unlikely though, they would probably have to drop 9-10 of their final 13

If they just go 8-5, they can shut out OKC, even if they go 13-0

Ignignokt
03-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Team trying to move up while TP is trying to fuck Becky:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/SnYfOhkkoRbl0_KvU8wqVg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM3OTtpbD1wbGFuZTtweG 9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02NzQ-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/f9e5671a6477100c710f6a70670096a3.jpg

Quit cuckposting

Sean Cagney
03-22-2015, 12:46 PM
No problem. Just got to win every game from here on out.

As inconsistent as this team is I highly doubt it, but I hope they do.

Knoxxx
03-22-2015, 01:10 PM
We still need that 3 seed to avoid Golden State in round 2. That likely gets us a series with Memphis in round 2 with them having home court. However, Memphis could easily have a 4 game swoon enabling us to catch them still. They just went through a 6-6 stretch that featured losses to Detroit, Lakers, Kings, Jazz, and less embarrassingly the Wizards and Pelicans. With or without home court I like us a lot against Memphis in round 2. Also as crazy as the west is most any team could lose in round 1.

I am actually still gnashing my teeth the most over the Cleveland "loss" where we played a great game and had it won then TOTALLY CHOKED. Games like the Knicks happen out of the blue from time to time. Also I think back to the horrible stretch where we lost the two double OT games in fluky fashion. That makes me realize we should be about tied with Memphis and are not far off at all from being a 60-win team despite it all. If we peak at the right time another title is right there for the taking.

Raven
03-22-2015, 01:13 PM
FIFY

:lol

spurraider21
03-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Pelicans jump out to early 10 point lead against the Clippers :stirpot:

Spurs 4 The Win
03-22-2015, 04:58 PM

And then lost, nice jinx :lol

ducks
03-22-2015, 06:18 PM
spurs are the fourth best team in the calendar year of 2015, most people would assume they haven't been that good.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2015, 06:22 PM

:lmao Philo

Knoxxx
03-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Up next, Dallas-OKC-Dallas-Mem. 3 of the 4 at home.

LOOKS LIKE ITS CLOBBERIN TIME TO ME!!!

exstatic
03-22-2015, 08:55 PM
If you look right now, the LAC are percentage points ahead of Portland, but still in 5th place.

apalisoc_9
03-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Dallas down 18 points.

Spurs starting to get a better grip of the 6th seed.

Gotta aim for 5th now and then hopefully 3rd.

SpursFan86
03-22-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm not even worried about Dallas at this point. Their remaining schedule is even harder than ours IIRC, and they're really not that great of a team. Rondo killed their offense and Dirk isn't nearly as good as he was last year.

The question will be whether we can jump ahead of either (or if we're lucky, both) Houston or LAC. Houston has a bigger lead over us, but:

1) we play them twice, and still have a chance to get the tiebreaker over them

2) they have a much harder remaining schedule than LAC

LAC might not lose another 3 games for the rest of the season...I think our best bet is going to be passing up Houston. If we take care of both games against them, and then they lose a few other games, we could surpass them.

Seventyniner
03-22-2015, 10:19 PM
If you look right now, the LAC are percentage points ahead of Portland, but still in 5th place.

Probably due to the rule that a division winner must get a top 4 seed. I think ESPN's standings reflect this.

SpursFan86
03-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Dallas is about to lose to Phoenix. They were losing by 15+, then came back and were up by 5 at one point, and then lost the lead :lol

SpurPadre
03-22-2015, 10:41 PM
Finally, we get to spend more than a day away from 7th seed.

ace3g
03-22-2015, 10:43 PM
WESTERN
W (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/wins)
L (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/losses)
PCT (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/winPercent)
GB (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/gamesBehind)
HOME (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/homeWinPercent)
ROAD (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/roadWinPercent)
DIV (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/divisionWinPercent)
CONF (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/leagueWinPercent)
PF (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/avgPointsFor)
PA (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/avgPointsAgainst/order/false)
DIFF
STRK (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/sort/streak)
L10

x - Golden State (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors)
-
33-2
23-11
11-3
33-8
+10.4
Won 5
9-1

Memphis (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mem/memphis-grizzlies)
7 ½
27-7
22-14
8-6
31-13
+3.6
Won 2
6-4

Houston (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets)
26-10
20-13
5-6
26-17
+3.1
Lost 1
5-5

Portland (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/por/portland-trail-blazers)
11 ½
28-6
16-18
8-3
24-15
+4.7
Lost 4
5-5

LA Clippers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/los-angeles-clippers)
27-10
19-15
9-3
30-14
+5.6
Won 4
6-4

San Antonio (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs)
26-8
18-17
4-6
23-18
+4.7
Won 3
8-2

Dallas (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks)
24-12
20-15
6-7
23-19
+3.6
Lost 2
5-5

Oklahoma City (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/okc/oklahoma-city-thunder)
16 ½
26-9
14-21
8-5
20-21
+2.9
Won 3
7-3

http://espn.go.com/i/blackdot.gif

Phoenix (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/phx/phoenix-suns)
21-15
17-18
6-7
20-22
+0.7
Won 4
7-3

New Orleans (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/no/new-orleans-pelicans)
19 ½
23-12
14-21
7-5
21-19
+0.3
Lost 3
5-5

timtonymanu
03-22-2015, 10:46 PM
Beat the Mavs on Tuesday and we can comfortably stay at least the 6th seed.

therealtruth
03-22-2015, 10:52 PM
It's going to be tough to climb above 5 with Portland having the 4th spot on lock (division leader) and if LAC's has an easier schedule. I think the only difference with 5/6 is if we want to play the Warriors in the semifinals or conference Finals. Might be better to wait till the conference Finals.

diceman
03-22-2015, 11:12 PM
It's going to be tough to climb above 5 with Portland having the 4th spot on lock (division leader) and if LAC's has an easier schedule. I think the only difference with 5/6 is if we want to play the Warriors in the semifinals or conference Finals. Might be better to wait till the conference Finals.

I'd be happy with 5th seed and HC vs. the Blazers. That series would be a lot less taxing than the 6th seed match-up vs. Houston or LAC. Rather face GSW less spent than possibly having two 6-7 game series in the 1st two rounds......

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 12:03 AM
I'd be happy with 5th seed and HC vs. the Blazers. That series would be a lot less taxing than the 6th seed match-up vs. Houston or LAC. Rather face GSW less spent than possibly having two 6-7 game series in the 1st two rounds......

Yep..best case scenario is the 5 seed with HCA vs. Portland..

Those 2 Rockets games are going to be massive..

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 12:06 AM
i'm still hoping for a Memphis collapse..:lol

Their next 4

@NY
VS Lebron
VS Golden State
@ San Antonio

spurraider21
03-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Wouldn't worry too much about passing Portland. We'd smash them on any court in a playoff series. Getting past Houston would be much more important. They're slightly ahead of Portland, but we do get b2b games against them.

exstatic
03-23-2015, 06:14 AM
Probably due to the rule that a division winner must get a top 4 seed. I think ESPN's standings reflect this.

Right. We had been discussing the possibility of it happening upthread. I just wanted to point out that it had actually happened.

bklynspursfan
03-23-2015, 06:47 AM
freaking clips got Knicks, 76ers, and Celtics coming up. 3 game road trip. then they get a b2b with warriors/blazers and a game in denver.

they have a fairly easy schedule. (fucking knicks game..... i think im gonna have to say that in every post this thread)

hopefully we can play how we did yesterday for the last few remaining games. passing lac is looking doubtful. houston on the other hand has a bit tougher schedule. maybe the drop a few

Seventyniner
03-23-2015, 06:51 AM
Right. We had been discussing the possibility of it happening upthread. I just wanted to point out that it had actually happened.

I'm sure there are sites out there that don't take this into account, so it's good to have confirmation that ESPN does it.

100%duncan
03-23-2015, 06:53 AM
Houston is doable since we can beat them twice.

urunobili
03-23-2015, 08:19 AM
After Carslile rip of the Mavs effort vs. the Suns I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs drop the next game...

pgardn
03-23-2015, 08:31 AM
3 seed is clearly a possibility. I think this is the best we can realistically get.

pgardn
03-23-2015, 08:33 AM
After Carslile rip of the Mavs effort vs. the Suns I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs drop the next game...

All of their recent additions have seen them as a non cohesive unit. I think they are toast in the playoffs.

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Mavs and Portland without Matthews arent really playoff caliber teams in the West IMO..a healthy Pelicans team is better than the Mavs with Rondo, for instance..

The Mavs just dont have much talent, and most of their players dont have defined roles..even ignoring that Rondo's style of play is antiquated and that he's a bottom 5 starting PG in the NBA, Nowitzki is nowhere near the same player as recent years, and Parsons doesn't have a defined role on the team..

They were overrated even prior to acquiring the Rondo cancer, too..people really overvalued their fluky series against the Spurs last year..

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 08:42 AM
The Blazers have one of the 3-5 worst benches in the NBA, no perimeter defense and inconsistent outside shooting..they don't even really have much for interior scoring or defending, either..

Matthews was by far their 3rd best player, best shooter and best defender..his absence also forces a mediocre player like Afflalo to become a starter, a role that he can no longer play at a high level..essentially, it would be like the Spurs starting Belinelli in the playoffs:lol..

Mal
03-23-2015, 08:47 AM
First round series vs the Clippers would be hard.

Clippers will choke. They always choke. Same goes for Houston. Pressure, less whistles from refs and Houston is gone.

heyheymymy
03-23-2015, 08:49 AM
The truth is unless something dramatic happens we're going to open with Memphis, Portland or Houston and almost certainly on the road. Portland, because of injuries, is the weakest of these but the other two are about equal. I'd be more interested in making sure we're on the opposite side of the bracket as Golden State, so we don't have to face them until the WCF.

:bobo Looks like the Spurs want that 2, 3, 6, or 7 spot badly to avoid GSW.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-23-2015, 08:59 AM

I want the 5 seed, only way we will get it is if the Rockets slide to the 6 and the Clippers take the 3.

Raven
03-23-2015, 09:04 AM

not sure if serious :lol

Raven
03-23-2015, 09:05 AM
tbh the #3 seed is a given, #2 is hard though. I don't contemplate us being any worse than that unless injuries happen.

gameFACE
03-23-2015, 12:51 PM
I don't know why people are so worried about Golden State in the second round if Spurs are 4 or 5. Like they did with the Hawks the Spurs are one of the few teams that have gone to GS and won on their floor this season. If the Spurs can pull off a win against them in two weeks Kerr and the "splash" whatevers will be shitting in their pants.

look_at_g_shred
03-23-2015, 01:29 PM
not sure if serious :lol
would be hard to lose

look_at_g_shred
03-23-2015, 01:30 PM
The Blazers have one of the 3-5 worst benches in the NBA, no perimeter defense and inconsistent outside shooting..they don't even really have much for interior scoring or defending, either..

Matthews was by far their 3rd best player, best shooter and best defender..his absence also forces a mediocre player like Afflalo to become a starter, a role that he can no longer play at a high level..essentially, it would be like the Spurs starting Belinelli in the playoffs:lol..
any news on LA's injury situation?

BillMc
03-23-2015, 01:31 PM

Yeah. Prefer 2 or 3 (obviously) but I think we can win it from the lower seeds.

cd021
03-23-2015, 04:06 PM

Crawford could miss a couple of games in that series so I would love to play the Clippers in the first round, if it shakes out that way. LAC with Crawford has the 2nd worst bench in the league. We'd be seeing J.J. Reddick having to cover Manu to close games and Leonard being able to play the passing lanes while guard Barnes.

TXstbobcat
03-23-2015, 04:21 PM
Wouldn't worry too much about passing Portland. We'd smash them on any court in a playoff series. Getting past Houston would be much more important. They're slightly ahead of Portland, but we do get b2b games against them.

Portland is my first choice for the Spurs in the 1st round.

cd021
03-23-2015, 04:35 PM
I don't know why people are so worried about Golden State in the second round if Spurs are 4 or 5. Like they did with the Hawks the Spurs are one of the few teams that have gone to GS and won on their floor this season. If the Spurs can pull off a win against them in two weeks Kerr and the "splash" whatevers will be shitting in their pants.

Atlanta and the Warriors aren't the same teams. The Warriors have two elite front court defenders and a slew of long/athletic wings they are a

The Warriors have struggled against the Spurs but they are the biggest threats to the Spurs easily. Their size and ability to switch screens in certain lineups can slow down the Spurs offensive attack.

The Spurs can't hide Parker on a Thompson or Barnes so he has to guard Curry. Splitter would have to guard Green who can stretch the floor and drive on close outs.

Bogut leads the NBA in DRPM. Duncan is likely to struggle when Bogut in on the floor and Parker probably isn't going to get to the rim as much with Bogut dropping back on screens, daring him to take pull up jumpers. Curry has gotten better defensively. Thompson is decent on that end as well. Iggy is 6th among SG's in that category (behind Danny Green)

Green is also top 5 in DRPM he can guard 3 positions and one of the Warriors best defensive units is actually with Draymond Green playing center.

Leonard has shown that he can shut down Thompson and the Spurs have done a good job in the past of containing Curry. After Curry and Thompson GSW is actually a mediocre shooting team. Livingston doesn't take 3's Iggy is a slightly below average 3pt shooter as is Green. Bogut still has a tendency to pick up fouls (3 per game in 24 minutes)

The Warriors generally struggle offensively when Curry is off the floor.

If the Spurs can contain Thompson and keep any of their role players from getting hot. Thats probably the best bet to stop GSW, assuming Curry doesn't go off.

tmtcsc
03-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Atlanta and the Warriors aren't the same teams. The Warriors have two elite front court defenders and a slew of long/athletic wings they are a

The Warriors have struggled against the Spurs but they are the biggest threats to the Spurs easily. Their size and ability to switch screens in certain lineups can slow down the Spurs offensive attack.

The Spurs can't hide Parker on a Thompson or Barnes so he has to guard Curry. Splitter would have to guard Green who can stretch the floor and drive on close outs.

Bogut leads the NBA in DRPM. Duncan is likely to struggle when Bogut in on the floor and Parker probably isn't going to get to the rim as much with Bogut dropping back on screens, daring him to take pull up jumpers. Curry has gotten better defensively. Thompson is solid on that end as well. Green is also top 5 in DRPM he can guard 3 positions with ease and one of the Warriors best defensive units is actually with Draymond Green playing center.

There is one team to beat in the West and that's the Spurs. The Golden St. Warriors are extremely talented and have played consistent, good baskeball all season but they are NOT playoff tested. We all know the regular season and the postseason are two different animals. We have the personnel to beat them. I can see Bogut fouling out. Splitter AND Tim are too much to handle if Splitter plays like he did against the Hawks.

Green and Leonard give Curry and Thompson fits too. Nah, we're fine. I'm not saying its going to be easy but the Spurs have the complete package. Let's see if Iguodala and Green can beat us. Not going to happen.

I can see Kerr pulling a Pop and resting some of his players by the time the Spurs play the Warriors. They will have the # 1 seed locked up. Why risk his team to injury if its not necessary?

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 04:45 PM
The warriors are posting elite numbers on both ends of the floor, there is no reason to doubt them. You get past the warriors, you repeat. Simple.

Diaw, Leonard and Splitter have to be at their best to beat the warriors.

tmtcsc
03-23-2015, 04:49 PM
The warriors are posting elite numbers on both ends of the floor, there is no reason to doubt them. You get past the warriors, you repeat. Simple.

They need to post elite numbers against the Spurs to win a Championship, which means they need to be at their absolute best to win too. Not worried. It should be a fun matchup. Both Memphis and San Antonio can handle the Dubs.

cd021
03-23-2015, 04:59 PM
There is one team to beat in the West and that's the Spurs. The Golden St. Warriors are extremely talented and have played consistent, good baskeball all season but they are NOT playoff tested. We all know the regular season and the postseason are two different animals. We have the personnel to beat them. I can see Bogut fouling out. Splitter AND Tim are too much to handle if Splitter plays like he did against the Hawks.

Green and Leonard give Curry and Thompson fits too. Nah, we're fine. I'm not saying its going to be easy but the Spurs have the complete package. Let's see if Iguodala and Green can beat us. Not going to happen.

I can see Kerr pulling a Pop and resting some of his players by the time the Spurs play the Warriors. They will have the # 1 seed locked up. Why risk his team to injury if its not necessary?

This playoff tested thing gets a bit overrated. Iggy has appeared in 48 games and has been in the league for decade, Livingston in 24 games, and Bogut has appeared in 17 (he missed something like 8 postseason games due to injury) all of the these guys have been around for a decade and have experience.

Curry, Thompson, Barnes, and Green all have been to the playoffs back to back seasons and have played 17 games. They won on series lost another in game 7 and another in game 6 ( to a team that went to the Finals). They have been playoff tested. Not every team needs to have 6 or 7 guys that have played 50+ playoff games to be good in the playoffs.

Green probably isn't going to be spending a lot of time on Curry with Parker having to cover Barnes. Cross-matching will be difficult to due in this series. Our best bet is for Green and Leonard to contain Barnes and Thompson and force Curry to carry the offense. After Curry and Thompson this team doesn't have a lot of shooting of scoring abilities.

If Bogut does get into foul trouble then Green when possibly slide in at the 5, with a combo of Iggy, Barnes, Livingston and Thompson along with Curry. That unit is one of the Warriors best and the Spurs would have to match down to and have Tim cover Green on the 3pt line. I don't see Tiago and Tim playing alot together this time around. In '13 the were playing like 12 mpg together, that was with Lee and Bogut. I'd expect fewer minutes together and Tiago to spend more time off the bench with the second unit.

cd021
03-23-2015, 05:10 PM
They need to post elite numbers against the Spurs to win a Championship, which means they need to be at their absolute best to win too. Not worried. It should be a fun match-up. Both Memphis and San Antonio can handle the Dubs.

Not sure about Memphis, still a terrible shooting team and (Jeff) Green hasn't played very well. Memphis ,in losses, is outscored by an average 18 from the 3pt line. In other words teams hit 6 additional 3's in games that Memphis losses. Really only Lee, Conley, and Carter (who hasn't play very well when health) can hit them on a consistent clip. Its going to be difficult to outscore GSW when they can only get points in the paint and off free throws.

Memphis is a good defensive team so that probably points to the fact that they may of hit 5 or 6 of them while their opponent hits 11 or 12. GSW is a team that can get hot from 3 and force Memphis into playing small ball. If Randolph struggles to cover the pick and pop with Bonner and Parker, Curry and Green isn't going to be a better situation.

cd021
03-23-2015, 05:19 PM

Its odd that so many people believe that the Warriors aren't as good as they are. They are #1 in offensive and defensive rating and their net margin of victory almost double the second highest (the Clippers).

They would be the 2nd team (out of 7 teams) in NBA history to not win a title with a net margin above 10.0. The only team that didn't win a championship lost to another team that also have a margin of victory over 10.

Diaw is the X factor in that series. If he can knock down some outside shots and successfully post Green up , that would be huge. Points in the paint are probably going to be hard to come by.

RD2191
03-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Warriors are trash. Spurs would wreck them.

RD2191
03-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Who are their 2 elite frontcourt defenders?

03-23-2015, 05:37 PM
The WC is starting to settle. Warriors are the undisputed favorites to win and should get an easy bye in the first round if Ibaka and Durant don't return healthy. Hard to see any team knocking off the Warriors or giving them a tough series other than the Spurs or Grizzlies. But the Grizzlies should hang on to the #2 or 3 seed. So if the Spurs are going to eventually play the Warriors, it really doesn't matter when they do it.

The media coverage is going to be absolutely terrible though. Still remember the 2013 noise meters. Also not a good match up for the Spurs. Thompson will finally put Parker out of his misery, Curry will run circles around Parker, GS got Iguodola and Green to switch on Leonard, GS actually has a bench, and Bogut seems to be finally healthy. Spurs will probably get whacked and the media won't stop gushing about the changing of the guard.

Edit: Actually I take that back. GS will probably be almost impossible to beat in the first 2 rounds. They will still be riding the high of making it to the playoffs as the favorites and have ample experience playing in the first and second round. If the Spurs can beat them, it will probably have to be in the WCF. With less teams and the media coverage only focused on two teams, the pressure will come for GS and hopefully they will crack. Hopefully the Spurs land on the other side of the bracket.

RD2191
03-23-2015, 05:40 PM
The WC is starting to settle. Warriors are the undisputed favorites to win and should get an easy bye in the first round if Ibaka and Durant don't return healthy. Hard to see any team knocking off the Warriors or giving them a tough series other than the Spurs or Grizzlies. But the Grizzlies should hang on to the #2 or 3 seed. So if the Spurs are going to eventually play the Warriors, it really doesn't matter when they do it.

The media coverage is going to be absolutely terrible though. Still remember the 2013 noise meters. Also not a good match up for the Spurs. Thompson will finally put Parker out of his misery, Curry will run circles around Parker, GS got Iguodola and Green to switch on Leonard, GS actually has a bench, and Bogut seems to be finally healthy. Spurs will probably get whacked and the media won't stop gushing about the changing of the guard.
Tiago is key to beating GS. I also think you're selling our wings short. Kawhi and Green wreak havoc when motivated.

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 05:40 PM

I'm really hoping for a Durant or at least an Ibaka return.

I think Kanter offensively now has found his game with westbrook..They're a good tandem offensively.

Not enough to beat the warriors though...Durant-Ibaka-Westbrook-Kanter though is a tough matchup for anyone in the league.

It's kinda weird that I'm hoping the thunder would get their guys together before playoff time..

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Spurs are the only team in the West that matches up decently with the Warriors IMO, but there is definitely concern in the matchups..Duncan won't be able to play much in the series, unfortunately, as we saw in 2013, it's imperative that Splitter and Diaw are on their games in that series..

Parker will be covering Harrison Barnes, which is fine, the Spurs lived with it in 2013 and while Barnes played well as an individual, it didn't translate to as much team success..however, Parker must dominate offensively if he's going to be on the floor, obviously..Thompson is a pretty overrated defender, though, and he'll tire himself out on offense by covering Parker, if Tony can play well..

The biggest concern is Draymond Green, though, as others have said..he's going to stretch the floor, and he's good enough on D to effectively guard Splitter or Diaw in the post..

RD2191
03-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Spurs are the only team in the West that matches up decently with the Warriors IMO, but there is definitely concern in the matchups..Duncan won't be able to play much in the series, unfortunately, as we saw in 2013, it's imperative that Splitter and Diaw are on their games in that series..

Parker will be covering Harrison Barnes, which is fine, the Spurs lived with it in 2013 and while Barnes played well as an individual, it didn't translate to as much team success..however, Parker must dominate offensively if he's going to be on the floor, obviously..Thompson is a pretty overrated defender, though, and he'll tire himself out on offense by covering Parker, if Tony can play well..

The biggest concern is Draymond Green, though, as others have said..he's going to stretch the floor, and he's good enough on D to effectively guard Splitter or Diaw in the post..
Depends which Splitter shows up, vag get stripped by shorter defenders splitter will get wrecked. 7 foot gtfo of my way aggressive splitter would beast.

tmtcsc
03-23-2015, 07:19 PM
This playoff tested thing gets a bit overrated.

Playoff tested doesn't just mean getting there, it means getting there and winning. It means finding ways to win a 7 game series and doing it at least 2 or 3 times. This current Warriors squad hasn't even been to the WCF. Coack Kerr can talk all he wants about "pushing through" because he's been there, but until you have actually been battle-tested, its not the same thing.

tmtcsc
03-23-2015, 07:24 PM

Diaw will eat Green for dinner. BBQ Chicken down low.

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Hopefully..I agree with 024 that the coverage if the Spurs lose would be unbearable, I fucking hate the Warriors and their fans, tbh:lol..

It would be an interesting matchup, though, something the Spurs have never seen IMO..their previous challenges were the Thunder(super-athletic, overwhelmed the Spurs with athleticism) and the Lakers(extremely big in the frontcourt + Kobe)..the Warriors are extremely long on the perimeter and quick everywhere with their small-ball, but they don't have any notable athletes outside of Iguodala(no longer a super athlete like in his younger days), they're more reliant on skill and talent..

tmtcsc
03-23-2015, 07:28 PM
Duncan won't be able to play much in the series

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/nggplz.gif

He may not be as effective on Offense but he'll be on the floor for D and rebounding.

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 07:33 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/nggplz.gif

He may not be as effective on Offense but he'll be on the floor for D and rebounding.

The Warriors series in 2013 was Duncan's worst playoff series in the past 3 years IMO..if you recall, Pop benched him for Splitter down the stretch in that series for defensive purposes, as the Spurs were having trouble defending the perimeter with Tim on the floor..

It would be less harmful if Tim was scoring well, but Bogut might be the best Duncan-defender in the NBA right now(Duncan shot 42% from the field in that series)..

He'll still play, obviously, especially if Bogut is hurt, but it would have to be Splitter playing at C in that series for key stretches IMO..Curry is arguably the most difficult player to defend in the NBA right now, he completely carries their offense by drawing a ton of attention(Thompson can score, but he doesn't create much, and he doesn't pass well), Duncan would have trouble guarding the outside..

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Damn these niggas with their mainstream take.

TD is awful defending the PnR..

That's why Pop benched him against GSW.

Just be happy we have Pop who has the guts to bench a HOF for the team's sake..And props to Tim for not whining.,

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Rockets just blew a 20-point lead against Indiana, deficit has been cut to 2 points..Houston probably still wins, but let's hope the Spurs can get some help from a mediocre East team:lol..

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 07:54 PM
yeah I'm watching the game.

Memphis is also only two points up NY..

I'm obviously of the minority that's still hoping for the 2nd seed and a Memphis collapse to 5th seed..They lose this game, they're playing Lebron, GSW and San Antonio in their next three.

That's 25 loses..

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 07:55 PM
If the spurs can go 12-1 in their next 13.....

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Have you looked at the Clippers schedule? It would take a miracle for the Spurs to finish ahead of them, tbh:lol..

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Have you looked at the Clippers schedule? It would take a miracle for the Spurs to finish ahead of them, tbh:lol..

They Play Memphis, GSW, Portland and @ Suns still..

Lose two of those and maybe one of the easier games against..@ NY, @ PHI, @BOS, @ DEN @LA

and it's 28 loses...

i agree though, Easy schedule.

the spurs need to finish 11-2 to have a chance.

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 08:16 PM
and just like that..

Both Memphis and Houston up by 10...

timtonymanu
03-23-2015, 08:18 PM
These fucking lottery teams love upsetting us but can't do the same to other teams.

Robz4000
03-23-2015, 08:19 PM
These fucking lottery teams love upsetting us but can't do the same to other teams.

Just the cost of being champs tbh.

tmtcsc
03-23-2015, 08:25 PM
The Warriors series in 2013 was Duncan's worst playoff series in the past 3 years IMO..if you recall, Pop benched him for Splitter down the stretch in that series for defensive purposes, as the Spurs were having trouble defending the perimeter with Tim on the floor..
It would be less harmful if Tim was scoring well, but Bogut might be the best Duncan-defender in the NBA right now(Duncan shot 42% from the field in that series)..

What ??

Tim's #s from that series:

Game 1: 19 pts / 11 rebs - 34:17 W +2
Game 2: 23 pts /9 rebs - 37:19 L - 9
Game 3: 23 pts / 10 rebs - 38:11 W +10
Game 4: 19 pts / 15 rebs - 42:44 L - 10
Game 5: 14 pts / 11 rebs - 30:11 W +18
Game 6: 19 pts / 6 rebs - 31:40 W +12

Spurs win 4-2 (Avg. Margin of victory = 11 pts)

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 09:02 PM
What ??

Tim's #s from that series:

Game 1: 19 pts / 11 rebs - 34:17 W +2
Game 2: 23 pts /9 rebs - 37:19 L - 9
Game 3: 23 pts / 10 rebs - 38:11 W +10
Game 4: 19 pts / 15 rebs - 42:44 L - 10
Game 5: 14 pts / 11 rebs - 30:11 W +18
Game 6: 19 pts / 6 rebs - 31:40 W +12

Spurs win 4-2 (Avg. Margin of victory = 11 pts)

A horrible 49% True Shooting in the series and a -11 +/- for the series..

spurraider21
03-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Who are their 2 elite frontcourt defenders?
Andrew Bogut and Draymond Green... 2 of the best defenders at their respective positions

tmtcsc
03-23-2015, 10:02 PM
A horrible 49% True Shooting in the series and a -11 +/- for the series..

I'm not sure where you are going with this Malik. Don't you throw +/- out the window when you are winning by double digits? Tim scored just fine. He averaged 19.5 pts / 10 rebs and played 35 minutes per game. Who else can give you those numbers on the Spurs? Pop may have substituted for Tim in certain situations but they don't win without him.

Edit: Where did you get your +/- numbers?

Game 1: -2 W
Game 2: 0 L
Game 3: +1 W
Game 4: -23 L
Game 5: +27 W
Game 6: -2 W

+/- for the series = +1 He had one awful game and they lost it by 10 pts.

RD2191
03-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Andrew Bogut and Draymond Green... 2 of the best defenders at their respective positions
Green is listed at 6'7, if Tiago shows up with his A game we should be set.

spurraider21
03-23-2015, 10:37 PM
:lol dismissing a guys defensive prowess because of his height

he's a dpoy candidate tbh, and will probably end up top 5 in voting, if not higher

cd021
03-23-2015, 11:11 PM

Thats kind of irrelevant. He can guard SFs , PFs & Cs and as done it very well. Tiago is also going to have to cover him when he's spotting up from 3. He can also drive and kick similar to Diaw.

cd021
03-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Playoff tested doesn't just mean getting there, it means getting there and winning. It means finding ways to win a 7 game series and doing it at least 2 or 3 times. This current Warriors squad hasn't even been to the WCF. Coack Kerr can talk all he wants about "pushing through" because he's been there, but until you have actually been battle-tested, its not the same thing.

I think some of that is a media buzz word. They have enough experience. If we are playing that game. OKC beat us in 6 games after 18 games of playoff experience. Its a bit overrated. Wade went off in the Finals in his 3rd season in the NBA (he averaged 28 ppg in that playoff run) and he had played only 27 games prior to that run.

gameFACE
03-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Its odd that so many people believe that the Warriors aren't as good as they are. They are #1 in offensive and defensive rating and their net margin of victory almost double the second highest (the Clippers).

I think they're a good team. But they're also this season's boy band. The playoffs are a very different animal and it's yet to be seen how they take the half court game. The three isn't going to splash for them in the playoffs. Also, Kerr is a rookie coach. I don't care how much knowledge he experienced playing under Pop and Phil. You just don't get that easy a path to a championship without some tough lessons on the road.

In any case, The Spurs don't gain anything by avoiding them in the second round. If anything the road becomes easier in the third round. So 4th or 5th seed is okay. Preferably 4th seed so you get at least one series with home court.

Brunodf
03-23-2015, 11:42 PM
Are people truly scared of GSW :lol

:lol We dont even know if they or the Spurs will make out of the 1st round

ducks
03-23-2015, 11:57 PM
Since Splitter was put back in the lineup (2/27), Spurs' starters have outscored opponents by 41 points per 100 poss: http://on.nba.com/1xr6TOS

RD2191
03-24-2015, 12:19 AM
:lol dismissing a guys defensive prowess because of his height

he's a dpoy candidate tbh, and will probably end up top 5 in voting, if not higher
6'7 is 6'7, don't care how good of a defender he is. If TIago plays his A game he will be no match for Green. Tiago is quick enough to guard the 3 and the paint. Granted he's healthy.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 12:20 AM
You guys are seriously overrating the dubs. Spurs in 6 if they meet up. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 5.

spurraider21
03-24-2015, 05:12 AM
6'7 is 6'7, don't care how good of a defender he is. If TIago plays his A game he will be no match for Green. Tiago is quick enough to guard the 3 and the paint. Granted he's healthy.
ben wallace must have been a terrible defensive center

RD2191
03-24-2015, 10:30 AM
ben wallace must have been a terrible defensive center
wallace was 6'9:lol

RD2191
03-24-2015, 10:34 AM
http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/index.ssf/2015/03/draymond_green.html

found spurraiders article

cd021
03-24-2015, 10:56 AM
You guys are seriously overrating the dubs. Spurs in 6 if they meet up. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 5.

:lol Seriously underrating GSW

-They are tearing through the West, which is on pace to have 7 teams finish with at least 50 wins and 9 teams with a plus .500 record.

-GSW is on pace to win 67 games

-They are on pace to become the 8th team in NBA history that have a margin of victory higher than 10.0 ppg. 6 of those teams have won a championships and the other lost to one of those teams.

-Have two of the top five defensive players in the NBA [Bogut-1st, Green-5th] (according to DRPM) Iguadala is 6th among SGs (behind Danny Green) that's three elite defenders.

-Leads NBA in defensive and offensive rating.

-30-2 home record. Spurs would have to win 2 road games in GSW that's a big a tall order. You're acting like its a cake walk.

cd021

Denis Rodman

spurs10
I'm not sure where you are going with this Malik. Don't you throw +/- out the window when you are winning by double digits? Tim scored just fine. He averaged 19.5 pts / 10 rebs and played 35 minutes per game. Who else can give you those numbers on the Spurs? Pop may have substituted for Tim in certain situations but they don't win without him.

Edit: Where did you get your +/- numbers?

Game 1: -2 W
Game 2: 0 L
Game 3: +1 W
Game 4: -23 L
Game 5: +27 W
Game 6: -2 W

+/- for the series = +1 He had one awful game and they lost it by 10 pts. This is a wonderful post. When you are winning the games the misinterpretation of individual stats are not very telling. This is the problem with individual stats in a team sport.

I saw something similar about Tony in the Finals where his +/- was off the chart (>+40), but according to some we were losing when he was playing. Let's keep losing like that!

tmtcsc
03-24-2015, 10:59 AM
I think some of that is a media buzz word. They have enough experience. If we are playing that game. OKC beat us in 6 games after 18 games of playoff experience. Its a bit overrated. Wade went off in the Finals in his 3rd season in the NBA (he averaged 28 ppg in that playoff run) and he had played only 27 games prior to that run.

I didn't get "playoff tested" from the media, that is my phrasing and opinion. I sincerely believe they need a scar or two more before they realize success on a Championship level. This is their first season with Kerr as their coach and a new system. How will they respond when they face adversity? How will they play as a #1 seed? How will they react when the shots aren't falling and the stakes are high?

We don't agree and that's fine by me. We'll see what happens but I think the Warriors are still a year or two away.

spurraider21
03-24-2015, 11:11 AM
so 6'9 center is fine but 6'7 power forward isn't.

ok.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 11:16 AM
so 6'9 center is fine but 6'7 power forward isn't.

ok.
So you have him going against Tim or Tiago? Both are 7 footers.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 11:18 AM
:lol Seriously underrating GSW

-They are tearing through the West, which is on pace to have 7 teams finish with at least 50 wins and 9 teams with a plus .500 record.

-GSW is on pace to win 67 games

-They are on pace to become the 8th team in NBA history that have a margin of victory higher than 10.0 ppg. 6 of those teams have won a championships and the other lost to one of those teams.

-Have two of the top five defensive players in the NBA [Bogut-1st, Green-5th] (according to DRPM) Iguadala is 6th among SGs (behind Danny Green) that's three elite defenders.

-Leads NBA in defensive and offensive rating.

-30-2 home record. Spurs would have to win 2 road games in GSW that's a big a tall order. You're acting like its a cake walk.
No offense but I couldn't care less about regular season accomplishments. Lets put it this way, if the Spurs meet GS and they lose I will never post again. That's how confident I am that the Spurs will beat GS.

FvckMavs
03-24-2015, 11:21 AM

Spurs just happen to be one of the two teams that beat them at their home court.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Most of GS losses came against teams with above average bigs. Bulls,Clips, Spurs, Grizz. This Green can guard anyone is nonsense. Maybe scrub bigs but not above average.

cd021
03-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Spurs just happen to be one of the two teams that beat them at their home court.

I know that. Rob was saying that the Spurs were essentially locks in 6 games over GS. That would require 2 road wins (unless the Spurs go 3-0 at home). Its far from the certain he makes it sound.

spurraider21
03-24-2015, 11:48 AM
So you have him going against Tim or Tiago? Both are 7 footers.
Green has had success defending bigger players like Blake. he'd probably check Splitter, who isn't really a post scorer anyway.

at the same time, green could be a problem on the other side

cd021
03-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Most of GS losses came against teams with above average bigs. Bulls,Clips, Spurs, Grizz. This Green can guard anyone is nonsense. Maybe scrub bigs but not above average.

We did lose to the Bulls, Clippers (twice) the Grizzlies (twice), and the Warriors 6 losses to those teams. Thats with Duncan and Splitter

RD2191
03-24-2015, 11:57 AM
We did lose to the Bulls, Clippers (twice) the Grizzlies (twice), and the Warriors 6 losses to those teams. Thats with Duncan and Splitter
to be fair we've had plenty of injuries and have been "off" the entire season.

cd021
03-24-2015, 11:57 AM
No offense but I couldn't care less about regular season accomplishments. Lets put it this way, if the Spurs meet GS and they lose I will never post again. That's how confident I am that the Spurs will beat GS.

regular season accomplishments? having 3 elite defenders isn't really a regular season accomplishment. We are posting here in a thread about playoff seeding which is based off regular season records.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 11:58 AM
regular season accomplishments? having 3 elite defenders isn't really a regular season accomplishment. We are posting here in a thread about playoff seeding which is based off regular season records.
iirc gs defense has been tops the past few seasons and didn't translate to post season success.

cd021
03-24-2015, 11:58 AM
to be fair we've had plenty of injuries and have been "off" the entire season.

Sure but mentioning the Warriors losses isn't an indictment on how good or bad they are. Green is a great defender. His height is pretty irrelevant.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 12:01 PM
Sure but mentioning the Warriors losses isn't an indictment on how good or bad they are. Green is a great defender. His height is pretty irrelevant.
not my point at all. point is their losses came against teams who play big. there is a trend there. spurs losses are irrelevant. spurs are defending champs and can play big/small or pretty much any style of ball.

cd021
03-24-2015, 12:14 PM
iirc gs defense has been tops the past few seasons and didn't translate to post season success.

14-15-1st D Rtg, 1st O Rtg

13-14-3rd D Rtg, 12th O Rtg (lost in 7 games without Bogut, their best defender to the Clippers)

12-13-13th D Rtg, 10th O Rtg (went to the semi-Finals, blew game 1, still won 2 games in that series with David Lee playing a handful of minutes)

Their offensive has drastically improved to match their big improvement on defense from the 12-13 season to the 13-14. Its similar to the Spurs big jump on defense from the 12-13 to 13-14 season (where they went from 13th to 3rd and went from losing to OKC in the WCF to making the finals)

teams with top 5 on one and top 10 on the other historically speaking, have deep playoff runs. The Spurs have been 3rd in defense the past two seasons and went to the Finals back to back years.

postseason success for any top team is largely based on health Lee hurt his hip and wasn't a factor when we played them and Bogut missed the entire playoffs last season. When Ginobili broke his arm and then we played the Grizzlies in the first round it was less that we couldn't beat them and more that injuries played a part in the loss. Ginobili missed the 09 playoffs and we lost in 5 to the Mavs.

cd021
03-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Post All Star Break Records (As of 3/24/15)

Eastern Conference

Cleveland-13-4
Atlanta-10-6
Miami-10-7

Bulls-9-9
Wizards-7-10
Raptors-6-11

Western Conference
Warriors-15-4
Thunder-11-5
Rockets-11-5

Clippers-11-6
Spurs-10-6
Grizzlies-10-7

Hornets-10-7
Portland-8-6
Mavs-8-7

Cry Havoc
03-24-2015, 12:20 PM

13-14-3rd D Rtg, 12th O Rtg (lost in 7 games without Bogut, their best defender to the Clippers)

12-13-13th D Rtg, 10th O Rtg (went to the semi-Finals, blew game 1, still won 2 games in that series with David Lee playing a handful of minutes)

Their offensive has drastically improved to match their big improvement on defense from the 12-13 season to the 13-14. Its similar to the Spurs big jump on defense from the 12-13 to 13-14 season (where they went from 13th to 3rd and went from losing to OKC in the WCF to making the finals)

teams with top 5 on one and top 10 on the other historically speaking, have deep playoff runs. The Spurs have been 3rd in defense the past two seasons and went to the Finals back to back years.

postseason success for any top team is largely based on health Lee hurt his hip and wasn't a factor when we played them and Bogut missed the entire playoffs last season. When Ginobili broke his arm and then we played the Grizzlies in the first round it was less that we couldn't beat them and more that injuries played a part in the loss. Ginobili missed the 09 playoffs and we lost in 5 to the Mavs.

If healthy, I would take GSW against the entire field in the West, except for the fact that we match up with them so well. With the Spurs in the mix it's definitely a more open race, but I don't see anyone beating the Warriors this year except for the Spurs or the Cavs. Even a fully healthy OKC team wouldn't have any answers for the Warriors offense, and they have the weapons on D to give OKC a lot of problems.

urunobili
03-24-2015, 12:20 PM
I'm not sue the dubs will be tougher than Memphis to get out of the West this season...

RD2191
03-24-2015, 12:23 PM

they arguably play better without lee. so i don't think he would of been much of a factor. nonetheless i don't see them beating the spurs. do you really think they're going from 1st round exit to the finals in 1 season? not impossible but i doubt it. relying on the 3 is also asking for postseason failure imo. sure some teams shoot the 3 well throughout deep runs but it doesn't happen often iirc.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 12:24 PM
If healthy, I would take GSW against the entire field in the West, except for the fact that we match up with them so well. With the Spurs in the mix it's definitely a more open race, but I don't see anyone beating the Warriors this year except for the Spurs or the Cavs. Even a fully healthy OKC team wouldn't have any answers for the Warriors offense, and they have the weapons on D to give OKC a lot of problems.
I think you're underestimating how well a healthy OKC can play, tbh.

$pursDynasty
03-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Rob I have to agree with you on this one; I keep thinking about the last time we met them in the playoffs the Splash Brothers went SuperNova early in the series but the Spurs figured them out after that Manu dagger in a game we really shouldn't have won.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Rob I have to agree with you on this one; I keep thinking about the last time we met them in the playoffs the Splash Brothers went SuperNova early in the series but the Spurs figured them out after that Manu dagger in a game we really shouldn't have won.
I mean, sure they're a threat and they got better but Spurs are damn near unbeatable when they play at the top of their game.

bklynspursfan
03-24-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm not sue the dubs will be tougher than Memphis to get out of the West this season...

I agree with this

cd021
03-24-2015, 01:30 PM
not my point at all. point is their losses came against teams who play big. there is a trend there. spurs losses are irrelevant. spurs are defending champs and can play big/small or pretty much any style of ball.

The Warriors are actually perfectly built to play either big or small. Barnes played the backup 4 (when Lee was out with an injury) and Green has played the 3 and is the starting 4. Iggy is the tallest wing and can play 4 as well but plays the 2 and 3 primarily.

Length, versatility and agility is extremely important in today's NBA. The Heat , after losing to the Mavs in the Finals, rebuilt their defense. The began playing Lebron at the 4 and Bosh at Center with Battier & Wade.

during that stretch of 3 years:

4th,
7th,
11th

in D Rtg

The Warriors have:

Livingston-6'7-PG
Thompson-6'7-SG
Green-6'7-SF/PF
Barnes-6'8-SF/PF
Igguadala-6'9-SG/SF
Speights-6'10-PF/C
Lee-6'10-PF
Bogut-7'0 (7'7 Wingspan)-C

they have 5 rotation wings that are at least 6'7 (The Spurs have 3, Green-6'6, Ginobili 6'6 & Leonard-6'7 ) Memphis has (Allen 6'6, Carter 6'7, & Green 6'9) The Clippers have 2 (Barnes-6'7 and Crawford 6'6)

they don't have traditional height this isn't the '90s its not nearly as big of an issue.

Memphis really only have 3 bigs and one of which is 6'9 (2 inches taller than Draymond Green)

neither do the Spurs, after Duncan and Splitter

If Randolph can't cover the Parker/Bonner or Manu/Diaw pick and pop how is he going to cover it with Curry/Green. Memphis matches up poorly with both Golden State and San Antonio.

cd021
03-24-2015, 01:36 PM

Alot depends on our outside shooting, which has been sketchy at times this season. If Diaw can play like he did against OKC last season and Parker can get into the paint and create then we have a solid chance. But I don't expect a lot from Duncan with Bogut presence. So I don't think we will get alot of points in the paint.

cd021
03-24-2015, 01:39 PM

Different team. Much better offensively and defensively Green is a better fit on both sides of the ball and that team didn't have Iggy and Livingston. Not to mention Thompson was in his seconds season and not averaging 22 ppg.

cd021
03-24-2015, 01:49 PM

Westbrook would either have to cover Curry or Thompson (who is 5 inches taller and can post him up) Ibaka is a jump shooter at this point, Green should be able cover him. Boguts length and size will probably limit Kantor. Waiters has been trash, Morrow is an awful defender. Roberson is Tony Allen level-bad shooting the ball (he's actually air balled open 3's before). The Warriors can switch screen on Westbrook to keep him in front of them.

Durant would be checked by Iggy or Green (both great defenders as I've mentioned)

Its probably GSW in 5 with the current Thunder team. Maybe 6 for GSW if OKC was healthy.

bklynspursfan
03-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Different team. Much better offensively and defensively Green is a better fit on both sides of the ball and that team didn't have Iggy and Livingston. Not to mention Thompson was in his seconds season and not averaging 22 ppg.

Kawhi seems to routinely keep Klay quiet. I don't worry about him as much. Green is definitely better, he and Diaw would be an interesting battle. Diaw was a huge mismatch for them in our first meeting, Barnes couldn't hang with him in the post.

Iggy & Livingston are solid additions as well. Their bench, like ours is definitely capable of making big things happen.

03-24-2015, 02:05 PM
:lol We dont even know if they or the Spurs will make out of the 1st round

03-24-2015, 02:06 PM
Stop being positive rob. You're a key cliff jumper, and we need you on your A game come playoffs.

Cry Havoc
03-24-2015, 02:16 PM

All I know is we're 2nd round sweep material :lol

dabom
03-24-2015, 02:26 PM

faggot :lmao

You call yourself a "spurs fan". :lmao

Cry Havoc
03-24-2015, 03:07 PM
faggot :lmao

You call yourself a "spurs fan". :lmao

Is that what you think, bro?

dabom
03-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Is that what you think, bro?

Yeah brah

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2015, 03:12 PM
History says that teams that play the way the Warriors have this season are extremely difficult to beat, even in the playoffs. If they fail to reach the Finals, it will make them fairly unique, at least in terms of analytics. They're exceptional on both ends, versatile, and deep.

I don't see how they aren't the prohibitive favorites to win the West.

dabom
03-24-2015, 03:13 PM
History says that teams that play the way the Warriors have this season are extremely difficult to beat, even in the playoffs. If they fail to reach the Finals, it will make them fairly unique, at least in terms of analytics. They're exceptional on both ends, versatile, and deep.

I don't see how they aren't the prohibitive favorites to win the West.

History says matchups matter. We are their boogieman. We would be favorites vs them in a series.

Cry Havoc
03-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Yeah brah

Are you sure?

Obstructed_View
03-24-2015, 03:52 PM
they arguably play better without lee. so i don't think he would of been much of a factor. nonetheless i don't see them beating the spurs. do you really think they're going from 1st round exit to the finals in 1 season? not impossible but i doubt it. relying on the 3 is also asking for postseason failure imo. sure some teams shoot the 3 well throughout deep runs but it doesn't happen often iirc.
I don't think you realize the impact a healthy Bogut has on that team.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 04:20 PM
look im not saying its gonna happen but...

RD2191
03-24-2015, 04:21 PM
sure i do. but if we play 2 bigs green aint keeping tiago in check. i can guarantee that. and if we go with diaw he has a good amount of moves to throw at green.

Cry Havoc
03-24-2015, 04:44 PM

Dude hasn't been healthy since he went to prom, though.

Cry Havoc
03-24-2015, 04:44 PM
look im not saying its gonna happen but...

Set them sights low, rob. :hat

cd021
03-24-2015, 07:43 PM
sure i do. but if we play 2 bigs green aint keeping tiago in check. i can guarantee that. and if we go with diaw he has a good amount of moves to throw at green.

Unless Tiago starts doing work in the post, Green has more of a chance to exploit Splitter than the other way around. Green has similar skills to Diaw (Green is more aggressive from 3) but a much better defender. Just having two big men doesn't mean much. Diaw is a better match-up. He's more mobile and can spot up in the corner for extra spacing. The Spurs could get some offense from his post-ups on Barnes or maybe Green. It has less to do with size and more to do with Diaws craftiness in the post. He can back players down and finish with the hook shot or turn around and hit a fade away when teams bring a double team.

milkyway21
03-24-2015, 07:58 PM
Leonard missing fs since replacing Bonner :(

RD2191
03-24-2015, 08:41 PM
I retract all my previous statements. This team is done.

therealtruth
03-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Unless Tiago starts doing work in the post, Green has more of a chance to exploit Splitter than the other way around. Green has similar skills to Diaw (Green is more aggressive from 3) but a much better defender. Just having two big men doesn't mean much. Diaw is a better match-up. He's more mobile and can spot up in the corner for extra spacing. The Spurs could get some offense from his post-ups on Barnes or maybe Green. It has less to do with size and more to do with Diaws craftiness in the post. He can back players down and finish with the hook shot or turn around and hit a fade away when teams bring a double team.

Tiago can be effective in the post without demanding the ball on the block through the use of pick and rolls.

daslicer
03-24-2015, 09:05 PM
So much for HCA. Looks like this team will have to do without it.

K...
03-24-2015, 09:10 PM
I retract all my previous statements. This team is done.

Damn bro, can't even keep your takes clean for one day.

6pm..We own the warriors
9pm..We are done

RD2191
03-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Damn bro, can't even keep your takes clean for one day.

6pm..We own the warriors
9pm..We are done
I underestimated Tony Parker and his ability to bring this team down.

timtonymanu
03-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Looks it will be 6th or 7th for the Spurs.

Too much inconsistent effort every game to go on a run.

cd021
03-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Tiago can be effective in the post without demanding the ball on the block through the use of pick and rolls.

He is efficient in the post but the majority of his post touches are for him to pass to an off ball ball cutter. He probably isn't going to dominate Green like Rob is saying.

RD2191
03-24-2015, 10:03 PM
He is efficient in the post but the majority of his post touches are for him to pass to an off ball ball cutter. He probably isn't going to dominate Green like Rob is saying.
After tonight's shitfest i'd be surprised if we made it out of the 1st round.:lol GS just might make it to the Finals. I'm going with a GS/Grizz WCF.

Cloud786
03-25-2015, 01:21 AM
At this point, anything higher than a 5th seed is wishful thinking. This team is too inconsistent and you don't know which team will show up game to game. Also, it doesn't help that we don't even own a tiebreaker over ONE western conference playoff team at the moment.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 01:33 AM
At this point, you just gotta wish they get in a stride before mid april...Seeding shouldn't matter anymore.