PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is just behind Lebron, AD,Curry and harden in Real plus minus..

apalisoc_9
03-21-2015, 12:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/5

Best player in the team..

TampaDude
03-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Second only to LeBron...nice! :hat

KL2
03-21-2015, 01:40 PM
His ORPM jumped up quite a bit.

SpursFan86
03-21-2015, 02:04 PM
He's been unreal in March...him playing well is the biggest catalyst for our success.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/03/19/sprung-spurs-are-living-and-dying-withwithout-kawhi-leonard/

There's no doubt he's our best player at this point. Last season I still think Duncan and Manu still had arguments, but that's no longer the case.

Still can't believe there were people saying he isn't worth a max deal :lol

DMC
03-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Worth? Sure, but getting what you're worth is another thing.

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Worth? Sure, but getting what you're worth is another thing.
if anything, players in this position get more than they're worth, if possible. if the likes of eric gordon, roy hibbert, and gordon hayward could pull max contracts, it's a certainty that kawhi will

ducks
03-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Stop making threads

ducks
03-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Interesting when tp plays well he does
When tp was not he was not
Both tp and him played well in March

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Interesting when tp plays well he does
When tp was not he was not
Both tp and him played well in March

Kawhi actually elevates his game in the playoffs, so they definitely dont have that in common:lol..

DMC
03-21-2015, 03:50 PM
if anything, players in this position get more than they're worth, if possible. if the likes of eric gordon, roy hibbert, and gordon hayward could pull max contracts, it's a certainty that kawhi will

Not by teams like the Spurs.

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Not by teams like the Spurs.
are you suggesting that the spurs wouldn't match a max offer sheet?

TXstbobcat
03-21-2015, 04:11 PM

The Spurs would have to match the max offer. It would be disaterous for the franchise if they decided not to.

200 miles
03-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Did anyone else get a virus from OP's link?

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 05:27 PM
:lmao the names on that list

:lol tony allen, matt barnes, jared dudely, al farouq aminu in the top 10
:lol thabo sefolosha
:lol hedo turkoglu
:lol jae crowder
:lol jeremy evans
:lol wesley johnson
:lol luigi datome
:lol pj tucker
:lol RICHARD JEFFERSON
:lol jeremi grant
:lol jack cooley
:lol james michael mcadoo

all in the top 40

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 05:35 PM

all in the top 40

Have to compare range of possessions, obviously..

dabom
03-21-2015, 05:40 PM

all in the top 40

Top 40 but some of those guys are negative RPM you stupid fuck. :lmao

look_at_g_shred
03-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Did anyone else get a virus from OP's link?
Na but someone did catch herpes

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 05:54 PM
Have to compare range of possessions, obviously..
Kawhi's usage rate is currently at 22.6

gordon hayward at #4 has a usage rate north of 26
parsons is #13 with a usage rate of 20.5
robert covington is 21.2 and is ranked #17
joe johnson's usage is 21 and he's #15

this stat needs a lot of work

Top 40 but some of those guys are negative RPM you stupid fuck. :lmao
25 in the league crack a positive rating, including Robert Covington

DMC
03-21-2015, 05:55 PM

It depends on their outlook for post TD era.

rasuo214
03-21-2015, 05:57 PM

all in the top 40

You do know that is the list for SFs right?

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 05:58 PM
It depends on their outlook for post TD era.
i struggle to envision a scenario of the post TD era that looks better without Kawhi. San Antonio struggled to draw FA's even with a great team all these years... it surely won't be easier to get a star after TD. Leonard has been developing into a top tier player, we aren't getting another one of those any time soon

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 05:58 PM

all in the top 40

I don't follow raw RPM, but I just clicked the link, and I think you're just looking at the names of the top SFs, not the entire league, bro:lol..

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 05:59 PM
You do know that is the list for SFs right?
yes. and allen/barnes/dudely/aminu are all top 10

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 06:02 PM
I don't follow raw RPM, but I just clicked the link, and I think you're just looking at the names of the top SFs, not the entire league, bro:lol..
i caught it a bit later than i hoped :lol... but there's still some undeserving names quite high on the list

rasuo214
03-21-2015, 06:03 PM
yes. and allen/barnes/dudely/aminu are all top 10

Right, and your point is what? Allen and Aminu are there for their defense. If you want to solely analyze them by offense then you can as well. Just curious though who do you think should have been in the top 10 that isn't?

cjw
03-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Seven players above 2 on both the offensive and defensive ends:

Lebron, Anthony Davis, Middleton, ZBo, Millsap and...
... Kawhi / Danny

Leonard is the only guy +2 / +4. 31 of the 50 defenders above 2 (arbitrary cutoff) have negative offensive numbers. 22 of the 43 offensive guys over 2 have a negative defensive impact.

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 06:06 PM
i caught it a bit later than i hoped :lol... but there's still some undeserving names quite high on the list

Every advanced stat has flaws/noise, and some of them are ambiguous in how you utilize them, but RPM/RAPM isn't supposed to tell you which player is better as an individual, btw..

Of course Tony Allen isn't a better player than Carmelo, but Tony Allen in his role as the defensive stopper of the Grizzlies has been more effective/valuable for his team than Carmelo has as the primary guy for the Knicks this year IMO, I don't disagree with the numbers..

DMC
03-21-2015, 06:09 PM
i struggle to envision a scenario of the post TD era that looks better without Kawhi. San Antonio struggled to draw FA's even with a great team all these years... it surely won't be easier to get a star after TD. Leonard has been developing into a top tier player, we aren't getting another one of those any time soon

If you can spend that money on Gasol instead of Leonard, for example.. you can't spend it on both.

Malik Hairston
03-21-2015, 06:12 PM
BTW, the production the Spurs have gotten from their starting SG/SF duo for a combined 6.8 million is fucking ridiculous, tbh:lol..

Mikeanaro
03-21-2015, 06:26 PM
BTW, the production the Spurs have gotten from their starting SG/SF duo for a combined 6.8 million is fucking ridiculous, tbh:lol..
Agreed.

SpursFan86
03-21-2015, 06:30 PM
No stat is perfect...but IIRC RPM is proven to be a much better predictor of wins than stats like PER and WS.

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 07:19 PM
If you can spend that money on Gasol instead of Leonard, for example.. you can't spend it on both.
Gasol will be a 30 and Kawhi will be 24. if Duncan/Manu retire and we lose Kawhi in an effort to sign Gasol, I don't think that's a title contending team, and that's assuming Green is retained.

Parker - Green - ? - Gasol - Splitter
Mills - Joseph - Anderson? - Diaw - Baynes

not that a team with Kawhi in place of Gasol would be contending either, but Leonard can be a key piece 5-6 years down the line, whereas Gasol will be much less effective down the road

Mr. Body
03-21-2015, 08:02 PM
List is really heavy with small forwards. Interesting.

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 08:03 PM
List is really heavy with small forwards. Interesting.
its a SF only list

exstatic
03-21-2015, 08:22 PM

The money for Gasol is set, and dependent only on available cap room. If they sign him, they can still Bird Kawhi on top of that. As long as it happens in that order, they CAN do both.

LakerHater
03-21-2015, 08:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAqgeLaVIAAEIDs.jpg:large

marinoman
03-21-2015, 10:25 PM
can you guys tell me the factors that go into real plus minus? Also wtf is WAR, that stats top list seems pretty solid

100%duncan
03-21-2015, 10:50 PM

:tu

It's all going down in the offseason.

mystargtr34
03-21-2015, 10:55 PM
can you guys tell me the factors that go into real plus minus? Also wtf is WAR, that stats top list seems pretty solid

Wins Above Replacement (basically how many extra wins the player contributes over a league average player).. that stat though is cumulative.. so the reason Kawhi isn't near the top of the list despite being 5th in RPM is due to missing a bunch of games.

100%duncan
03-21-2015, 11:04 PM

We can get both

therealtruth
03-21-2015, 11:57 PM
FO should have signed him up for a max. It would look like a bargain when the salary cap goes up with the new tv deals.

lefty
03-22-2015, 12:00 AM
I dont see Enrique on that list

apalisoc_9
03-22-2015, 12:06 AM
I dont see Enrique on that list

go to page 12.

ducks
03-22-2015, 12:07 AM
go to page 6.
List is fowards not point guards

lefty
03-22-2015, 12:13 AM
go to page 12.

:lol

Clipper Nation
03-22-2015, 12:16 AM

Philo

itzsoweezee
03-22-2015, 12:20 AM

^^^ the moron strikes again

marinoman
03-22-2015, 01:02 AM
Wins Above Replacement (basically how many extra wins the player contributes over a league average player).. that stat though is cumulative.. so the reason Kawhi isn't near the top of the list despite being 5th in RPM is due to missing a bunch of games.
Thanx, that sounds like a good stat to determine mvp

Leetonidas
03-22-2015, 03:23 AM
Nice to see Green at #15 overall and #4 for SGs

Raven
03-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Philo :lmao

exstatic
03-22-2015, 08:34 AM
FO should have signed him up for a max. It would look like a bargain when the salary cap goes up with the new tv deals.

That doesn't happen until 2016. Signing him this summer would be the same money as extending him last year, with the bonus that they can spend cap room first.

heyheymymy
03-22-2015, 08:44 AM
How cool would it be to see Kawhi start to find himself and break into the next level going into and through these playoffs.

DMC
03-22-2015, 11:25 AM
^^^ the moron strikes again

You cannot spend the same money on two people. If you spend it on Leonard, you cannot spend it on Gasol. You can spend other money on Gasol, that's obvious, however thanks for epitomizing the run of the mill upstairs faggot who cannot see the forest for the trees.

DMC
03-22-2015, 11:37 AM
We can get both
"Instead of" isn't the same as "in addition to"

They could obviously spend as much as they want. Historically they haven't been big spenders.

100%duncan
03-22-2015, 12:11 PM
"Instead of" isn't the same as "in addition to"

They could obviously spend as much as they want. Historically they haven't been big spenders.

Stop trying to be a smartass. No person would sacrifice a thing for another if he can get both.

Mr. Body
03-22-2015, 01:31 PM
its a SF only list

Well, that makes a ton of sense. :lol

spurraider21
03-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Well, that makes a ton of sense. :lol
i made the same mistake at first tbh

DMC
03-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Stop trying to be a smartass. No person would sacrifice a thing for another if he can get both.

Of course, but that wasn't my point, it's yours.

If Tim retires, the Spurs will need a replacement for him. If they decide to continue to develop young talent instead of paying talented people, they will elect to keep their options open. Otherwise why not lock Leonard up already? Why wait for other teams to get in on it? He's got a qualifying offer just a million more than he's currently getting. Probably a formality, but still. You don't let someone walk that's that good, you don't want them to test free agency if you don't have to. They didn't have to.

"San Antonio could sign Leonard to a five-year, $90 million-plus extension now or next summer, if the Spurs are willing to make him their designated player. The Spurs want to keep Leonard’s salary off the books until they have a chance to explore free-agent targets next summer, especially if Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili retire, league sources said."

You cannot sign Leonard and another guy and have them as one player on the same books. Don't be dense.

spurraider21
03-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Of course, but that wasn't my point, it's yours.

If Tim retires, the Spurs will need a replacement for him. If they decide to continue to develop young talent instead of paying talented people, they will elect to keep their options open. Otherwise why not lock Leonard up already? Why wait for other teams to get in on it? He's got a qualifying offer just a million more than he's currently getting. Probably a formality, but still. You don't let someone walk that's that good, you don't want them to test free agency if you don't have to. They didn't have to.

"San Antonio could sign Leonard to a five-year, $90 million-plus extension now or next summer, if the Spurs are willing to make him their designated player. The Spurs want to keep Leonard’s salary off the books until they have a chance to explore free-agent targets next summer, especially if Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili retire, league sources said."

You cannot sign Leonard and another guy and have them as one player on the same books. Don't be dense.
Kawhi's cap hold this summer will be less than the contract he ultimately signs. This incentivizes the team to wait before handing him a contract. It doesn't have anything to do with them letting him walk.

His cap hold will be somewhere in the ball park of 7 mil. His contract could be as high as 16 mil per year. By waiting, they can have about 9 million in wiggle room (pending Duncan/Manu's decision to retire/play)

mudyez
03-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Give this man his max deal (or, as Grantland calls it, a "market max deal" because a max deal now isn't really a max deal in 2 years with the cap jumping)!

It will look fairly good in 2 or 3 years!

itzsoweezee
03-22-2015, 09:44 PM
Kawhi's cap hold this summer will be less than the contract he ultimately signs. This incentivizes the team to wait before handing him a contract. It doesn't have anything to do with them letting him walk.

His cap hold will be somewhere in the ball park of 7 mil. His contract could be as high as 16 mil per year. By waiting, they can have about 9 million in wiggle room (pending Duncan/Manu's decision to retire/play)

Stop wasting your time. The dude is an absolute idiot.

Robz4000
03-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Leonard now #4 behind Curry, Harden, and Lebron. Also much closer to Lebron at #3 than Westchimp at #5.

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Leonard now #4 behind Curry, Harden, and Lebron. Also much closer to Lebron at #3 than Westchimp at #5.

MotherofGod.JPG.

once upon a time The spurs wanted a new Bruce Bowen..

But Fk that shit..

Kawhi Leonard is a beast. Superstar in the making. Not star..Superstar.

dabom
03-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Just looked at it again. :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::wor thy::worthy::worthy: