PDA

View Full Version : Jeff McDonald with the Twitter bads

lefty
03-21-2015, 10:01 PM
:lmao revolutionized

@JMcDonald_SAEN: Steve Nash completely and utterly revolutionized basketball. Other than that, I agree, zero impact.

Budkin
03-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Most overrated MVP of all time. The fact that he won back to back MVPs is laughable.

spurraider21
03-21-2015, 10:48 PM
Best pg since Stockton. C3P0 is the better "all around player" but his nuts shrink in big games

FkLA
03-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Best pg since Stockton. C3P0 is the better "all around player" but his nuts shrink in big games

in before the inevitable'Rique's 4 rings say otherwise:cry'

But yeah Nash was pretty special. The Suns weren't shit before they signed him and he made them instant conyenders.

jeebus
03-21-2015, 11:10 PM
if that nigga lefty took a taco bell diarrhea shit on a piece of paper and gave it to me to read, it'd be better writing than what McDonald puts out there

apalisoc_9
03-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Nash is the best PG shooter I've ever seen. Better than Stephen Curry, better than anyone.

milkyway21
03-22-2015, 12:02 AM

IMO, Jason Kidd was better than Nash .:wakeup

ducks
03-22-2015, 12:06 AM
Spurs own Nash

Kool Bob Love
03-22-2015, 12:07 AM
Who?

ginobilized
03-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Nash wreaked a lot of offensive havoc and was ultra-competitive. He got a lot out his athletic abilities. Smart and hard to ever count out.
Horry was smarter though, and, subsequently, Nash will be a first ballot Hall of Famer without a ring. Chris Paul may be in the same boat a few years behind him.

Juggity
03-22-2015, 12:31 AM
Jeff Mcdonald's twitter fights are some of the saddest things I've ever seen. Dude gets into it with anyone who baits him, and never acknowledges the validity of opposing viewpoints. Just generally an asshole.

Buck Harvey and Mike Monroe are just fine, but Jeff Mcdonald is by far the most active twitter user and by far the worst.

lefty
03-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Jeff Mcdonald's twitter fights are some of the saddest things I've ever seen. Dude gets into it with anyone who baits him.
:lol true

David Aldridge is a huge phaggot too

He tweeted Westbrook's birthdate; that's right :lol
Who gives a flying fuck about RW's birthdate; someone replied to his tweet by advising him to post more interesting stuff, and DA blocked him

Twisted_Dawg
03-22-2015, 04:53 AM
Spurs own Nash

Spurs put stitches on Nash.

MI21
03-22-2015, 05:21 AM
Nash was incredible offensively, such a ridiculous shooter and I agree with the poster above who agreed that he was superior in that regard to Curry.

Never really worried me against the Spurs though, Parker was generally very good against him.

Richie
03-22-2015, 05:45 AM
The fingerprints of 7 seconds or less are all over the league right now.

100%duncan
03-22-2015, 05:47 AM
I just thank him for everything he did to the Lakers F.O. :toast one of the GOATs

100%duncan
03-22-2015, 06:02 AM
in before the inevitable'Rique's 4 rings say otherwise:cry'

But yeah Nash was pretty special. The Suns weren't shit before they signed him and he made them instant conyenders.

Kinda unfair for Rique imho. Paul is on a higher level of choking in the post-season, atleast TP had his moments like the 2013 playoffs, 2007 finals B:lol:lolbie

Blizzardwizard
03-22-2015, 08:36 AM
MVParker 4 > Nash 0

tmtcsc
03-22-2015, 09:02 AM

D'Antoni got that from Paul Westhead. Nothing revolutionary about what he did. Goes for Nash too. He played the system he was in. Small ball? See Don Nelson.

unleashbaynes
03-22-2015, 09:04 AM
I'll take Parker

unleashbaynes
03-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Kinda unfair for Rique imho. Paul is on a higher level of choking in the post-season, atleast TP had his moments like the 2013 playoffs, 2007 finals B:lol:lolbie

Tbh I'd rather be the guy who got it done when nobody thought he could than be the one who never did when everyone knew he should.

hitmantb
03-22-2015, 09:15 AM
D'Antoni got that from Paul Westhead. Nothing revolutionary about what he did. Goes for Nash too. He played the system he was in. Small ball? See Don Nelson.

It wasn't until Steve Nash it was a legit championship contender.

And yes they were a legit contender. The 2007 Spurs/Suns series was the real NBA finals. Without a Robert Horry hip check, the entire legacy of Nash/D'Antoni would have been totally different. Also game 3 was notorious for being a rigged game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070722

cjw
03-22-2015, 09:52 AM
MVParker 4 > Nash 0

Technically, MVParker has 6 if you count the two marriages, so same as Kobe's 6 (though he did have to buy Vanessa another huge rock in the mid-2000s...)

cd98
03-22-2015, 10:01 AM
The system artificially inflated Nash's numbers such that he racked up assists and shots at the expense of defense. Note that not only did Nash's stats go up with the Suns, every point guard that went against him posted MVP numbers on that night. He was overrated and won Two MVPs that stand for Most Valuable to the Press. Sportswriters liked him so they voted him as the MVP even though he wasn't near the best player and never made an NBA Finals.

jeebus
03-22-2015, 11:09 AM
Jeff Mcdonald's twitter fights are some of the saddest things I've ever seen. Dude gets into it with anyone who baits him, and never acknowledges the validity of opposing viewpoints. Just generally an asshole.

Buck Harvey and Mike Monroe are just fine, but Jeff Mcdonald is by far the most active twitter user and by far the worst.

best of all, he thinks he wins those troll arguments.

RD2191
03-22-2015, 11:42 AM
:lmao revolutionized

@JMcDonald_SAEN: Steve Nash completely and utterly revolutionized basketball. Other than that, I agree, zero impact.
crofl

cantthinkofanything
03-22-2015, 11:54 AM
A family member (who doesn't keep up with bball). Was asking me about old players like Duncan, Shaq, etc. I told him that Nash retires a couple years ago. Had no idea he was playing.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Better than Stephen Curry, better than anyone.
Take it easy

ThaBigFundamental21
03-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Yet another overrated PG....

timtonymanu
03-22-2015, 01:45 PM
I hated Nash off the court, but you guys are crazy if you call him overrated, minus the two MVP awards.

cantthinkofanything
03-22-2015, 01:50 PM
I hated Nash off the court, but you guys are crazy if you call him overrated, minus the two MVP awards.

Lol. Yeah...minus those. OJ was really a good dude. Other than the double murder thing.

That being said, I think the Spurs would have at least an extra ring or two if they had him instead of Parker.

spursncowboys
03-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Only three all-team nba, but two mvps...Shows how bad the nba was/is

vander
03-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Nash was probably my favorite non-spur. He was making "beautiful basketball" long before the Spurs. Too bad Cuban tossed him and he never rang with Dirk

spurs10
03-22-2015, 02:37 PM
He hasn't played in such a long time the retirement is kind of anti-climatic. Sure played well in his day. The Horry hip-check drama will never grow old. Him leaving Dallas is very much like Harden leaving OKC. All great moves for the Spurs!

FkLA
03-22-2015, 03:16 PM
lol the Riquetards are so predictable

:cry Enrique 4, Nash 0 :cry

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-22-2015, 03:18 PM

TP: 1 Nash: 0 appearances

Malik Hairston
03-22-2015, 03:20 PM
One of the 2 best PGs of this generation along with Paul, tbh..

Crazy how much the narrative could have changed if Amare and Diaw stay on the bench..

Blizzardwizard
03-22-2015, 03:33 PM

Keep spinning it but

boiled down::::

MVParker 4 > Nash 0

FkLA
03-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Keep spinning it but

MVParker 4 > Nash 0

Yeah sure and Enrique was the undisputed best player on the Spurs during those 4 rings just like Nash was during his Suns days. :lol

Malik Hairston
03-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Keep spinning it but

MVParker 4 > Nash 0

Steve Kerr 5 > Stockton 4

FkLA
03-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Horry 7>Duncan 5

Malik Hairston
03-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Bonner 2 > Barkley and Malone combined 0

timtonymanu
03-22-2015, 04:16 PM

Lol yep just because you were fortunate enough to play with greats like Duncan, Pop, and Manu doesn't mean you are better than ringless players like Nash and Paul.

SpurPadre
03-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Does anyone really need to be reminded how horrible Nash was on defense? I mean, it was worse than Marco's d.

beirmeistr
03-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Technically, MVParker has 6 if you count the two marriages, so same as Kobe's 6 (though he did have to buy Vanessa another huge rock in the mid-2000s...)

hilarious

Obstructed_View
03-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Great player. Even without Shaq and Lebron's MVP trophies, he's probably a Hall of famer. With them, it's a no-brainer. There's no way to avoid calling him overrated when he received two MVPs that he didn't deserve.

Best since Stockton? Don't think so, but I suppose an argument can be made. Difficult for me to put a guy who played zero defense in a category like that.

Revolutionized basketball? Not in any way that I can see. Great passer on a team with no backups, grinding him down with minutes and padding his offensive stats.

Sky-is-blue news flash: McDonald is an idiot.

cd98
03-22-2015, 10:22 PM
Yeah sure and Enrique was the undisputed best player on the Spurs during those 4 rings just like Nash was during his Suns days. :lol

Yeah I remember Tony torching Nash every time they played. Suns never went to the finals because Nash was their best player.

cd98
03-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Lol yep just because you were fortunate enough to play with greats like Duncan, Pop, and Manu doesn't mean you are better than ringless players like Nash and Paul.

Dude, Nash played with Amare, Marion, and Joe Johnson and Dirk with Dallas. He played with plenty of All Stars. Nash was a great offensive player, but overrated as an all star. And Parker is underrated on the Spurs fan site, so it goes without saying he's been underrated in the national media.

timtonymanu
03-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Dude, Nash played with Amare, Marion, and Joe Johnson and Dirk with Dallas. He played with plenty of All Stars. Nash was a great offensive player, but overrated as an all star. And Parker is underrated on the Spurs fan site, so it goes without saying he's been underrated in the national media.

Don't tell me Stat/Marion/JJ are on the level of Tim, Pop, and Manu. :lol Come on, now. Parker was lucky he was drafted by the Spurs. I'm not saying Tony was always a scrub, but people saying he's better than Nash or Paul in the playoffs just because he happens to be on a winning team is ridiculous. The stats show that Tony has been underwhelming most of his playoff career. If the Spurs had Nash or Paul instead of Parker, chances are they would still have 5 rings.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2015, 10:35 PM

Especially when Enrique is an even bigger choker than Nash or Paul, who haven't exactly been playoff warriors themselves.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Parker was lucky he was drafted by the Spurs.

Truthbomb. If the Celtics had gone through with drafting him instead of changing their mind at the last second, he'd be long since out of the league by now and nobody would have ever heard of him.

Blizzardwizard
03-22-2015, 10:47 PM
MVParker would've been a hall of fame calibre player no matter where he was drafted.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

FkLA
03-22-2015, 11:02 PM
Yeah I remember Tony torching Nash every time they played. Suns never went to the finals because Nash was their best player.

And Nash torched him right back all while being the engine of his team's offense. Enrique OTOH was the Spurs #3 during those match-ups.

Yeah, and as great as he was Dirk wasn't on Duncan's level. Amare, Marion, JJ weren't on a prime Manu's level. D'Antoni/Nellie weren't on Pop's level.

Enrique won bc the #1 and #2 guys on the Spurs were better than the other teams #1 and #2. Not bc he has some magical winner gene that Nash didn't.

Clipper Nation
03-22-2015, 11:03 PM
MVParker would've been a hall of fame calibre player no matter where he was drafted.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Stick to povertyball... your basketball, hockey, and political takes are horrible :lol

FkLA
03-22-2015, 11:20 PM
Nash: 2-time MVP, 8 time all-star, 7 time all-NBA (3 1st team, 2 2nd team, 2 3rd team)
Rique: FMVP as a 3rd banana, 6 time all-star, 4 time all-NBA (3 2nd team, 1 3rd team)

smh there's no comparison. Seriously how much of a homer do you have to be to give Rique the nod just bc he was Duncan's teammate? :lol

ChumpDumper
03-22-2015, 11:27 PM
What is this thread about again?

lol

cd98
03-22-2015, 11:47 PM
Especially when Enrique is an even bigger choker than Nash or Paul, who haven't exactly been playoff warriors themselves.

What was a clutch performance by Nash in the playoffs?

cd98
03-22-2015, 11:49 PM
And Nash torched him right back all while being the engine of his team's offense. Enrique OTOH was the Spurs #3 during those match-ups.

Yeah, and as great as he was Dirk wasn't on Duncan's level. Amare, Marion, JJ weren't on a prime Manu's level. D'Antoni/Nellie weren't on Pop's level.

Enrique won bc the #1 and #2 guys on the Spurs were better than the other teams #1 and #2. Not bc he has some magical winner gene that Nash didn't.

Nonsense. You belittle great players to aggrandize Nash. He was on loaded teams, but he wasn't as good as you say.

Splits
03-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Just from today's postgame, he got trolled for over an hour resulting in...

http://i.imgur.com/bT4PUTo.png

cd98
03-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Nash: 2-time MVP, 8 time all-star, 7 time all-NBA (3 1st team, 2 2nd team, 2 3rd team)
Rique: FMVP as a 3rd banana, 6 time all-star, 4 time all-NBA (3 2nd team, 1 3rd team)

smh there's no comparison. Seriously how much of a homer do you have to be to give Rique the nod just bc he was Duncan's teammate? :lol

Bad take. Those are awards voted by the media. They loved Nash and always overrated him. They are the same guys that called the Spurs boring. Funny how Manu is "better" than any of Nash's teammates, but by your own standards in terms of all stars, Dirk, Amare, and Marion were actually better.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-22-2015, 11:53 PM
I make no apologies. Nash and Kidd are the two most overrated PGs of all time.

FkLA
03-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Nonsense. You belittle great players to aggrandize Nash. He was on loaded teams, but he wasn't as good as you say.

lol wut

Duncan wasn't better than Dirk? Prime Manu wasn't a better #2 than Amare, JJ or Matrix? Pop wasn't better than Nellie/D'Antoni? Not to mention the fact that you are comparing a #1 to a guy who was a 3rd banana. :lol

ElNono
03-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Nash is an overrated loser. He never had the competitive fire. His MVPs are directly attributable to D'Antoni's system of putting up big, flashy offensive numbers while leaking like a sieve on defense. It was a churning factory of overrated players: Quentin Richardson (have you heard of QRich since his Suns days?), Amare, Marion... prior to that, he played for Don Nelson, the master of the fast paced offense.

Nobody is surprised that Nash never won a championship. He played "for fun". On top of that he ducked his children...

I appreciate what he did to the Lakeshow, but I really have no sympathy for the guy.

FkLA
03-23-2015, 12:10 AM
Bad take. Those are awards voted by the media. They loved Nash and always overrated him. They are the same guys that called the Spurs boring. Funny how Manu is "better" than any of Nash's teammates, but by your own standards in terms of all stars, Dirk, Amare, and Marion were actually better.

Nah don't be dumb. Manu agreed to come off the bench and play fewer minutes than other great players. Enrique was never handicapped by that, if anything he benefited from being the leading scorer of the system-dependent Spurs (once Timmy & Manu got older)...that's how he racked up most of his all-star nods. No different than Teague benefiting from Pop/Bud's system tbh.

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 12:15 AM
Nash was an Amare/Diaw suspension and a Tim Donaghy game away from potentially having a championship, tbh:lol..he also made it to the WCFs several times in tough conferences, it's not like he was Carmelo or McGrady..

FkLA
03-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Nash is an overrated loser. He never had the competitive fire. His MVPs are directly attributable to D'Antoni's system of putting up big, flashy offensive numbers while leaking like a sieve on defense. It was a churning factory of overrated players: Quentin Richardson (have you heard of QRich since his Suns days?), Amare, Marion... prior to that, he played for Don Nelson, the master of the fast paced offense.

Nobody is surprised that Nash never won a championship. He played "for fun". On top of that he ducked his children...

I appreciate what he did to the Lakeshow, but I really have no sympathy for the guy.

I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breathe as other guys with multiple MVPs. Don't think he deserved his second one either. With that said, D'Antoni's system hasn't done shit without Nash. It was tailor suited for him but that doesn't diminish how great he was at running it. He was the orchestrator and a lot of player's inflated numbers had as much to do with his ability to run the system as it did the system itself.

ElNono
03-23-2015, 12:28 AM
I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breathe as other guys with multiple MVPs. Don't think he deserved his second one either. With that said, D'Antoni's system hasn't done shit without Nash. It was tailor suited for him but that doesn't diminish how great he was at running it. He was the orchestrator and a lot of player's inflated numbers had as much to do with his ability to run the system as it did the system itself.

Yeah, that was one of the worst regular season MVPs in modern basketball, tbh...

ElNono
03-23-2015, 12:33 AM
It's hard to tell how Nash would've fared with a coach that asked him to play some defense... He went from Don Nelson, the original master of run and gun, to D'Antoni, a guy that only cared about one side of the floor. Not that Steve would complain.

I'm not counting his first couple of season with Ainge, since he was still pretty raw.

MI21
03-23-2015, 12:43 AM
That D'Antoni system had Kendall Marshall averaging 8.8APG in 28 minutes on a team with little talent last year.

:cry Nash revolutionized the game :cry

DJR210
03-23-2015, 01:15 AM
How is dribbling around near the paint until someone gets open revolutionary.. Phoenix was Phoenix, it's not like teams all lined up to emulate the Phoenix run and gun offense of 8 years ago.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-23-2015, 03:19 AM

The ABA used to regularly have teams score into the 120s. D'Antoni and Nash did not invent running and chucking.

Russo21
03-23-2015, 04:23 AM
Awesome offensive player, smart, great court vision, shot lights out, wicked passer, unfortunately for Nash basketball is more than just offense and he never learnt how to or never had the desire/physical tools to play defence. That seemed to be contagious to his team mates also, thus why he never won a ring. Brilliant to watch offensively though, gotta give him props for that but basketball is a 2 way game.

Blizzardwizard
03-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Stick to povertyball... your basketball, hockey, and political takes are horrible :lol

How dem defending champs the Kings doing? In a playoff spot I assume?

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm torn on Nash in a lot of different ways and I think he gets a significant part of the acclaim that he does because he has allies in the media who are willing to sing his praises without much consideration of his faults. On the one hand, he could be absolutely magnificent in distributing the ball and he was absolutely and exceptional shooter; he played the game very efficiently and, in an era dominated mostly by defensive behemoths, he and those Suns teams showed that you could be a high-level team while playing a fun and exciting brand of basketball.

I don't think there's any question that those Suns teams from 2005-2010 really pushed the notion that being offensively brilliant could be a way to compete at the highest levels and once the league moved in the direction of favoring that style of play, their concepts became more and more widely-adopted. So, I'm not sure that there's a particularly good argument to deny that the Suns (and Nash as the maestro of those teams) have had a significant impact on the way basketball is played at the NBA level right now; how much of that credit goes to Nash and how much to D'Antoni is worth debating.

There's a legitimate question about whether a player who is excellent on one end and abysmal on the other can be considered a great player. A player who is an exceptional defender but unable to do much offensively is almost never even considered to be much more than a journeyman, but being a great offensive player with substantial defensive limitations almost always results in that player being considered at least good and sometimes great.

The narrative of Nash as an all-around good guy seems a choice to ignore some of the off-the-court stuff ElNono mentioned, which is a curious editorial choice within the media, but it is what it is.

Clipper Nation
03-23-2015, 12:24 PM
How dem defending champs the Kings doing? In a playoff spot I assume?
We're in a McDavid spot :downspin:

cd98
03-23-2015, 12:39 PM
lol wut

Duncan wasn't better than Dirk? Prime Manu wasn't a better #2 than Amare, JJ or Matrix? Pop wasn't better than Nellie/D'Antoni? Not to mention the fact that you are comparing a #1 to a guy who was a 3rd banana. :lol

Amare, Dirk and Matrix all had better all star resumes than Manu. Sure Duncan is the best player of the names mentioned, but Parker wasn't a third banana and part of the Spur strategy against Nash was to have Parker torch him every time they played. If you credit Nash for being a great player, then you have to credit D'Antoni, who created the system wherein Nash thrived. And Pop was Nellie's student. Go back and study Pop's career. He worked under Nellie before coming to the Spurs and he has great respect for him as he's stated publicly many times.

cd98
03-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Nah don't be dumb. Manu agreed to come off the bench and play fewer minutes than other great players. Enrique was never handicapped by that, if anything he benefited from being the leading scorer of the system-dependent Spurs (once Timmy & Manu got older)...that's how he racked up most of his all-star nods. No different than Teague benefiting from Pop/Bud's system tbh.
You're changing your argument. You are saying that Manu was better than Amare, Dirk, Matrix, and Johnson in their primes. We never talked about Parker being better than Manu or having more all-star and all NBA team recognition. Amare, Dirk, Matrix, and Johnson had more All-Star nods and NBA awards than Manu. According to your "Nash logic" all star nods and all NBA nods mean Nash is better than Parker. If that is true, then the all star nods and all NBA nods show that Amare, Dirk, Matrix, and Johnson were better than Manu and Dirk was pretty close to even with Duncan. Now I don't buy the "Nash Logic" but if you are arguing that he was better than Parker for that, then you have to acknowledge that Nash played on equally talented teams. Hell, those Suns teams had lots of great players. Nash just wasn't good enough to lead them to the promised land.

cd98
03-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Nash was an Amare/Diaw suspension and a Tim Donaghy game away from potentially having a championship, tbh:lol..he also made it to the WCFs several times in tough conferences, it's not like he was Carmelo or McGrady..

Funny because Nash is quick to point out that San Antonio would have beat them regardless because they were the better team.

cd98
03-23-2015, 12:46 PM

D'Antoni's system hasn't been good without Nash, Joe Johnson, Amare, and Matrix. But you give him those players again in their primes, and he'll be a great coach again. D'Antoni has not coached a team with as much talent (key- in their prime) as he had with that Suns team.

FkLA
03-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Amare, Dirk and Matrix all had better all star resumes than Manu. Sure Duncan is the best player of the names mentioned, but Parker wasn't a third banana and part of the Spur strategy against Nash was to have Parker torch him every time they played. If you credit Nash for being a great player, then you have to credit D'Antoni, who created the system wherein Nash thrived. And Pop was Nellie's student. Go back and study Pop's career. He worked under Nellie before coming to the Spurs and he has great respect for him as he's stated publicly many times.

He was the third best player on the Spurs during those years. That makes him a 3rd banana. The fact that he scored vs a weak defensive team doesn't change that. The D'Antoni system you are praising didn't even bother with defense, Jalen Rose came out and said they didn't even discuss defensive strategy...'if we do our job, the offensive system will carry us to the win we don't have to worry about what the other team does' was D'Antoni's philosophy. :lol

You're changing your argument. You are saying that Manu was better than Amare, Dirk, Matrix, and Johnson in their primes. We never talked about Parker being better than Manu or having more all-star and all NBA team recognition. Amare, Dirk, Matrix, and Johnson had more All-Star nods and NBA awards than Manu. According to your "Nash logic" all star nods and all NBA nods mean Nash is better than Parker. If that is true, then the all star nods and all NBA nods show that Amare, Dirk, Matrix, and Johnson were better than Manu and Dirk was pretty close to even with Duncan. Now I don't buy the "Nash Logic" but if you are arguing that he was better than Parker for that, then you have to acknowledge that Nash played on equally talented teams. Hell, those Suns teams had lots of great players. Nash just wasn't good enough to lead them to the promised land.

My 'Nash logic' doesn't apply to Manu and I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation for that. He came off the bench and played limited minutes (relative to other great players) during his prime. What similar handicap did Enrique had that affected his all-star/all-nba nods? Like I said if anything he benefitted from being the George Teague of Pop's system once Timmy/Manu aged and the Spurs started being more system reliant.

D'Antoni's system hasn't been good without Nash, Joe Johnson, Amare, and Matrix. But you give him those players again in their primes, and he'll be a great coach again. D'Antoni has not coached a team with as much talent (key- in their prime) as he had with that Suns team.

He had Kirby, Diwght, Pau and a broken down Nash in LA. :lol

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Funny because Nash is quick to point out that San Antonio would have beat them regardless because they were the better team.

I believe the Spurs would have still won the series, too, but let's not act like it's a given..if they win that series(which was a toss-up, at that point), they easily win the title and the narrative about Nash's career is completely different(as we always do with championships, unfortunately)..

Nash played well in that series, too, it's not like he let the Suns down..

Cane
03-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Nash is overrated. Only a lazy player would embrace D'Antoni and Porter; Gortat was absolutely disgusted at the lack of preparation that the Suns culture was used to. The Nash-led Suns held no one accountable, and how could you when he is a mismatch for everyone in the league or is lying on his back.

The media only likes Nash because he gave them attention, and Nash wants to join the media after retirement, tbh.
Worst 2x MVP of all time :bobo

100%duncan
03-23-2015, 08:36 PM

Crazy how much the narrative could have changed if Amare and Diaw stay on the bench..

Why? We always had the benefit of game 7 in our home floor and clearly the Suns were a mentally weak team

100%duncan
03-23-2015, 08:37 PM

Parker is a choker but not as high of the level of Choke Paul. Don't try and pull a fast one faggot :lol

Cane
03-23-2015, 08:44 PM

Suns fans (yuck) and the media (double yuck) would just blame Tim Donaghy, or Amare/Diaw for not being Tim Duncan tbh

Narrative is all Nash has....... tbh

T Park
03-23-2015, 09:10 PM
:lol true

David Aldridge is a huge phaggot too

He tweeted Westbrook's birthdate; that's right :lol
Who gives a flying fuck about RW's birthdate; someone replied to his tweet by advising him to post more interesting stuff, and DA blocked him

you along with that person that tweeted him have zero idea how twitter works apparently.

Clipper Nation
03-23-2015, 09:14 PM
Parker is a choker but not as high of the level of Choke Paul. Don't try and pull a fast one faggot :lol

:lol Choke Paul has had a negative postseason BPM once in his entire career - Enrique has done it in three of the Spurs' championship years, and that's not even counting the rest of his career.

Choke Paul is a playoff gag artist for sure, but Enrique chokes so hard on a regular basis that a new word needs to be invented for it, because "choke" doesn't go far enough.

100%duncan
03-23-2015, 09:16 PM
:lol Choke Paul has had a negative postseason BPM once in his entire career - Enrique has done it in three of the Spurs' championship years, and that's not even counting the rest of his career.

Choke Paul is a playoff gag artist for sure, but Enrique chokes so hard on a regular basis that a new word needs to be invented for it, because "choke" doesn't go far enough.

The word choke is so overused in this era because of your #1 guy. :lmao

cd98
03-23-2015, 09:22 PM
He was the third best player on the Spurs during those years. That makes him a 3rd banana. The fact that he scored vs a weak defensive team doesn't change that. The D'Antoni system you are praising didn't even bother with defense, Jalen Rose came out and said they didn't even discuss defensive strategy...'if we do our job, the offensive system will carry us to the win we don't have to worry about what the other team does' was D'Antoni's philosophy. :lol

My 'Nash logic' doesn't apply to Manu and I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation for that. He came off the bench and played limited minutes (relative to other great players) during his prime. What similar handicap did Enrique had that affected his all-star/all-nba nods? Like I said if anything he benefitted from being the George Teague of Pop's system once Timmy/Manu aged and the Spurs started being more system reliant.

He had Kirby, Diwght, Pau and a broken down Nash in LA. :lol

Where do I start? Tony was the finals MVP that year and you call him a third banana. That's clueless. He was dominant that whole post season. Manu coming off the bench is a distinction without a difference. He played starter minutes. He doesn't have a resume because MVPs and all NBA teams are popularity contests and Nash and the Suns were media darlings, just like the GSW and Curry are today. The Suns had great players but they were overrated bc of their popularity while Parker and Manu were underrated bc the media didn't like San Antonio. D'Antoni is a good coach and Pop has admitted to stealing things from him. While he may not be as good as Pop, he's still good and formidable. That Lakers team was past its prime. D'Antoni won with Suns players in their prime. Give Pop that Laker squad and he'd do no better.

cd98
03-23-2015, 09:25 PM
I believe the Spurs would have still won the series, too, but let's not act like it's a given..if they win that series(which was a toss-up, at that point), they easily win the title and the narrative about Nash's career is completely different(as we always do with championships, unfortunately)..

Nash played well in that series, too, it's not like he let the Suns down..

I don't disagree. Nash was a good, tough player but he was also overrated. He's the weakest MVP in the history of NBA basketball and it should've gone to Duncan at least one of those years but the media hated Duncan.

cd98
03-23-2015, 09:32 PM

I love how you claim that an NBA finals MVP is a choker. Such nonsense. Parker has been a great player throughout his long career and know nothings that cite advanced stats that they don't understand that only tell part of the story are why no one will take you seriously.

exstatic
03-23-2015, 09:36 PM
A family member (who doesn't keep up with bball). Was asking me about old players like Duncan, Shaq, etc. I told him that Nash retires a couple years ago. Had no idea he was playing.

He's played a total of 65 games in 3 years and none at all this year.

timtonymanu
03-23-2015, 09:50 PM
The stats are there. You guys can continue ignoring them and give the usual "you don't know basketball" response.

I just hope Parker is ready for the playoffs.

FkLA
03-23-2015, 11:56 PM
Where do I start? Tony was the finals MVP that year and you call him a third banana. That's clueless. He was dominant that whole post season. Manu coming off the bench is a distinction without a difference. He played starter minutes. He doesn't have a resume because MVPs and all NBA teams are popularity contests and Nash and the Suns were media darlings, just like the GSW and Curry are today. The Suns had great players but they were overrated bc of their popularity while Parker and Manu were underrated bc the media didn't like San Antonio. D'Antoni is a good coach and Pop has admitted to stealing things from him. While he may not be as good as Pop, he's still good and formidable. That Lakers team was past its prime. D'Antoni won with Suns players in their prime. Give Pop that Laker squad and he'd do no better.

smh you're such a homer, keep thinking the large majority of people give Nash the nod simply bc the media didn't like the Spurs

Tuddy
03-24-2015, 12:04 AM
The negative BPM in 2003 & 2005 was because he wasn't a 'star yet - no jump shot. He was from 2006-2013.

Clipper Nation
03-24-2015, 01:39 AM
I love how you claim that an NBA finals MVP is a choker. Such nonsense.
http://i.imgur.com/d2Hh6RV.jpg

cd98
03-24-2015, 07:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/d2Hh6RV.jpg

Yeah, except he scored all over Nash and Williams in the previous two series as well. And even Lebron tried to guard him in that series to no avail.

cd98
03-24-2015, 07:46 AM
smh you're such a homer, keep thinking the large majority of people give Nash the nod simply bc the media didn't like the Spurs

Its true...just like Curry is a great shooter but no where near the best player in the NBA, but the media will vote him first team. I'm not a homer, but you keep believing what ESPN tells you.

unleashbaynes
03-24-2015, 08:10 AM

Tbh I'd rather be the guy who got it done when nobody thought he could than be the one who never did when everyone knew he should.

That makes 2/5 lebron a choker by your standards, guy. You sound like grey spurfan :cry if it weren't for player x choking every year we'd have 9 titles :cry

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Some Spurs fans' hatred of Tony Parker still amazes me.

manufan10
03-27-2015, 08:49 PM
:lol he's on Twitter now complaining about fans booing Dick Jefferson. :cry it's unbecoming :cry

BillMc
03-27-2015, 08:51 PM
:lol he's on Twitter now complaining about fans booing Dick Jefferson. :cry it's unbecoming :cry

I agree. They should throw things instead. :toast

manufan10
03-27-2015, 09:19 PM
I agree. They should throw things instead. :toast

:lol