PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Cavs would have added Steve Nash if he had agreed to buyout from Lakers

spursparker9
03-22-2015, 03:00 PM
https://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpw q5nza2mwywymyzyta5ngixmwvkmtcwntgyywuyzmjl-e1427031096460.jpeg?w=320

From Marc Stein of ESPN.com:

League sources told ESPN.com earlier this month that LeBron James‘ Cleveland Cavaliers — who happen to have two of the biggest Nash admirers on Earth in their front office, in David Griffin and former teammate Raja Bell — let it be known to longtime Nash agent Bill Duffy that they would love to give the old man a whirl as a short-minute backup to Kyrie Irving if Nash wanted to seek a buyout from the Lakers after the trade deadline passed with no deal.

No chance, though. …

“I think I can [still] have a great game,” Nash said. “But I can’t do it more than once or twice a month.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/22/report-cavaliers-would-have-added-steve-nash-if-he-had-agreed-to-buyout-from-lakers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Thread
03-22-2015, 03:18 PM
His canonization will take place here.

And if Bledsoe wasn't such a hotheaded rockhead Nash might sign on, but, that would cause a race war.

phoenix219
03-23-2015, 07:56 PM
How great would it have been to have rolled the dice a bit differently, and had Nash coming back to complement Dragic, the perfect reversal of roles, the student becoming the master, while the master gracefully steps aside. Green, Wright, Len, Archie, TJ, even PJ could all have played to their strengths..... not this ugly mess of an offense they are running now.

Bledsoe is a disgrace. He doesn't fit here. We are wasting more years on the way to O and infinity. We didn't just waste the last years of Nash's prime; we wasted his retirement party too. Colangelo would have never let this happen, even for the sake of the feel-good story.

DMC
03-23-2015, 08:06 PM
How great would it have been to have rolled the dice a bit differently, and had Nash coming back to complement Dragic, the perfect reversal of roles, the student becoming the master, while the master gracefully steps aside. Green, Wright, Len, Archie, TJ, even PJ could all have played to their strengths..... not this ugly mess of an offense they are running now.

Bledsoe is a disgrace. He doesn't fit here. We are wasting more years on the way to O and infinity. We didn't just waste the last years of Nash's prime; we wasted his retirement party too. Colangelo would have never let this happen, even for the sake of the feel-good story.
It would have been splendid. Two short white guys who can't play a lick of defense going 0fer together.

phoenix219
04-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Might not have won a title, but it would have been a damn fine show to watch. We thrived in that underdog role anyways. There would have been upsets, crazy finishes, overtimes, and a nice playoff run. Good enough for me.

gambit1990
04-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Might not have won a title, but it would have been a damn fine show to watch. We thrived in that underdog role anyways. There would have been upsets, crazy finishes, overtimes, and a nice playoff run. Good enough for me.
:tu