PDA

View Full Version : Any way any how we can get Anthony Davis?

MultiTroll
03-22-2015, 04:37 PM
The next closest thing to Timmy Duncar for years to come.

No way New Orleans would bite on Parker + is there? :lol

Wishful thinking.....

mudyez
03-22-2015, 04:43 PM
easy 3 step scenario:

1) Billy King somehow becomes GM of the Pels.
2) We convince Presti to do a cost cutting move in trading Durant for some picks and expirings.
3) We trade Durant for Davis.

cjw
03-22-2015, 04:45 PM

Wishful thinking.....

Parker plus Kawhi and two firsts wouldn't get it done. Teams don't trade generational talents. This isn't James Harden we're talking about, who is a superstar but he's not AD.

Next topic please.

pookenstein
03-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Not happening, but just imagine the D for a second. Danny, Kawhi and Anthony... :wow The league would have to force us to play guys like Beli 30minutes a night so our opponents could sniff 90 points...

RD2191
03-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Any good reasons why it wouldn't happen? serious. other than free agents don't come here.

Richie
03-22-2015, 05:10 PM
No.

/thread

Beaverfuzz
03-22-2015, 05:10 PM
Well if Davis comes, more than two players on the current roster would be gone. So pick your poison.

I'd take him in a heartbeat if Duncan stuck around one more year to give him one good year of hard practice.

Malik Hairston
03-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Spurs might be able to get him once he suffers the inevitable career-altering injury, tbh..he's fragile as fuck..to be fair, so is Kawhi:lol..

TXstbobcat
03-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Any good reasons why it wouldn't happen? serious. other than free agents don't come here.

Restricted free agent. New Oeleans can an will match any offer for Davis.

RD2191
03-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Restricted free agent. New Oeleans can an will match any offer for Davis.
well that sucks:lol

ddjeffries
03-22-2015, 05:30 PM
well that sucks:lol

Ya but why stay in NO when you can play for Pop and Spurs with a proven track record. Wishful thinking...

TXstbobcat
03-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Ya but why stay in NO when you can play for Pop and Spurs with a proven track record. Wishful thinking...

he won't be an unrestricted free agent for another 4 or 5 years. Pop might be retired to his wine vineyard by then.

r0drig0lac
03-22-2015, 05:35 PM
No.

/thread

x2

ddjeffries
03-22-2015, 05:50 PM
he won't be an unrestricted free agent for another 4 or 5 years. Pop might be retired to his wine vineyard by then.
my bad. forgot restricted means the player has no choice. Brow is the second coming of TD. So if Pop is still around that'd be hard to miss. But again wishful thinking...

exstatic
03-22-2015, 06:24 PM
One thing I've seen proposed is that he might take his year 5 option of ~ $9M and be unrestricted in the cash year of 2016.

milkyway21
03-22-2015, 06:36 PM
I like Anthony Davis over Marc Gasol.

cjw
03-22-2015, 07:13 PM
There's a better chance of Lebron or Durant playing for the Spurs than Anthony Davis for at least the next 3-4 years as both will be unrestricted FAs. Davis isn't moving unless a team makes a Hershell Walker trade.

AFBlue
03-22-2015, 07:24 PM
He signs a massive contract and then proceeds to get plagued by injuries, destroying any notion of him ever returning to star status. As a shell of his former self, but still useful, he sets out in free agency after being abandoned by the Pelicans. He then decides to sign with a ball club that seriously needs and values his talent in a place that has been devoid of a legitimate big man since the departure of Tim Duncan. Rejuvenated, and aided by the teaching/guidance of Duncan himself, Davis recaptures what's left of his former glory and leads the next Spurs dynasty to championships.

Outside of that scenario, he ain't coming here.

GrandeDavid
03-22-2015, 08:09 PM

Wishful thinking.....

Hilarious thinking! Lol lol lol

milkyway21
03-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Davis only 21,is the quickest player to reach 2,200 pts, 1,100 rbds, 250 blocks in the NBA. This kid will be great in the future. Future MVP material.

SpurSwag
03-22-2015, 08:52 PM
I love the kid, and if he came to San antonio somehow Id be ecstatic, but there really is merit to the whole "he falls awkwardly" thing. He needs to be less reckless. And I get the feeling he's not the kind of guy to demand a trade unless there's literally no hope, kinda like KG in minny, so he's probably gonna be there for a while considering he's a RFA. It's sad cuz I've wayched a lot of his games this year and he's he beat prospect since Lebron without a doubt

tholdren
03-22-2015, 08:57 PM
No one on here probably thinks we need him after tiago scored 20 today. Or we could probably trade tiago for him straight up

Obstructed_View
03-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Can't he sign for one year and be a UFA next year like Lebron?

100%duncan
03-22-2015, 09:00 PM
He signs a massive contract and then proceeds to get plagued by injuries, destroying any notion of him ever returning to star status. As a shell of his former self, but still useful, he sets out in free agency after being abandoned by the Pelicans. He then decides to sign with a ball club that seriously needs and values his talent in a place that has been devoid of a legitimate big man since the departure of Tim Duncan. Rejuvenated, and aided by the teaching/guidance of Duncan himself, Davis recaptures what's left of his former glory and leads the next Spurs dynasty to championships.

Outside of that scenario, he ain't coming here.

:lol

Sean Cagney
03-22-2015, 09:03 PM
No, just dead the thought right now and move on.

ElNono
03-22-2015, 09:04 PM
who is Anthony Davis?

Obstructed_View
03-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Put a clause in his contract that he has to shave above his fucking nose.

DMC
03-22-2015, 09:18 PM
You cannot get him because he's a world level talent and he's not in a draft class this season. Imagine you had all your money tied up in one stock, would you want that stock to earn 4% and get mentioned a lot as a "bellwether for stocks" or would you want that stock to quadruple in the next 4 years? Spurs are the bellwether, they'll put him into big situations but there won't be big coverage along with it. In NY or Chicago or LA, he would get more coverage as a 1st rounder than in SA as a Finals MVP.

CGD
03-22-2015, 09:19 PM
It'll have to be a situation where NOLA really screws up in building a team around him, including by keeping their current coaching group, and a frustrated Davis wants a change. Not sure where the upcoming cap increase fits in to Davis's maximizing his next contract earnings potential.

Obviously a pipe dream, but hey, even Duncan was tempted by Orlandos offer back in the day, and the Spurs had a decent situation going.

DMC
03-22-2015, 09:23 PM
It'll have to be a situation where NOLA really screws up in building a team around him, including by keeping their current coaching group, and a frustrated Davis wants a change. Not sure where the upcoming cap increase fits in to Davis's maximizing his next contract earnings potential.

Obviously a pipe dream, but hey, even Duncan was tempted by Orlandos offer back in the day, and the Spurs had a decent situation going.

There's a difference between being in one small market being wooed by another, and being in a small market and being wooed by the Lakers or Bulls or Knicks. For some reason people seem to overlook the market size when realizing where stars will settle. They have agents who want to get paid.

Seventyniner
03-22-2015, 10:22 PM
One thing I've seen proposed is that he might take his year 5 option of ~ $9M and be unrestricted in the cash year of 2016.

It is basically unheard of for a player of his caliber to do that. Being able to have his max contract start in 2016, though, is worth quite a bit of money, more than he loses by taking less next season (9M compared to ~17M (?) by going straight to max). The players' union has rejected the "smoothing" idea so Davis could end up with $50-60M more over the course of his next contract by waiting a year.

therealtruth
03-22-2015, 10:58 PM
I think the only chance of getting a TD successor is pulling of another Kawhi draft steal. I'm not sure who we can trade this time for a lottery pick.

PingPong
03-22-2015, 11:13 PM
There are good dentists in San Antônio?
http://i.imgur.com/AWYTMaq.jpg

spursparker9
03-22-2015, 11:41 PM
I rather get Westbrook tbh.

CitizenDwayne
03-22-2015, 11:49 PM
There are good dentists in San Antônio?
http://i.imgur.com/AWYTMaq.jpg

Damn son...who is that in your sig?

PingPong
03-23-2015, 12:03 AM
Damn son...who is that in your sig?

A brazilian soap opera actress.

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=paolla+oliveira&biw=1164&bih=845&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hJ4PVeaVOcSxggT66YGwCg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

CitizenDwayne
03-23-2015, 12:26 AM

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=paolla+oliveira&biw=1164&bih=845&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hJ4PVeaVOcSxggT66YGwCg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Cheers mate :toast

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Maybe he signs the qualifying offer..It's possible he doesn't believe NO is good enough of an organization to surround him with talent.

outmap
03-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Parker, Beli, Boris and 2 first round picks! LOL

CGD
03-23-2015, 05:49 AM
There's a difference between being in one small market being wooed by another, and being in a small market and being wooed by the Lakers or Bulls or Knicks. For some reason people seem to overlook the market size when realizing where stars will settle. They have agents who want to get paid.

Sure, but there are only a handful of those teams in those markets, isn't there? I think you listed them all maybe with the exception of Miami. 5 out of six teams in the league are not in one of these media markets you reference. At the end of the day cash is king. It's why grant hill and t Mac, and nearly Duncan, went to small market Orlando from medium market teams back in the early 2000.

Raven
03-23-2015, 06:53 AM
what a lame thread

Mal
03-23-2015, 08:17 AM
I think it`s close to impossible even in NBA 2k15.

BillMc
03-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Kawhi needs to buddy up with Davis like Wade did to LeBron, then convince him to come to his team. That's about the only chance, which pretty much none.

On the other hand Kevin Love may soon be available...:lol

Brazil
03-23-2015, 09:41 AM
No

Brazil
03-23-2015, 09:47 AM

Cheers mate :toast

She is the goods tbh :tu

saw her on a party in Sao Paulo.... gooooodddd stuff

if you want nice pics connect brazilian google and put her name

http://www.taniagoldkorn.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/paola-carnaval.jpg

she had a lipo not a long time ago

DMC
03-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Sure, but there are only a handful of those teams in those markets, isn't there? I think you listed them all maybe with the exception of Miami. 5 out of six teams in the league are not in one of these media markets you reference. At the end of the day cash is king. It's why grant hill and t Mac, and nearly Duncan, went to small market Orlando from medium market teams back in the early 2000.
There are only a handful of those teams, and they get the lion's share of the free agents for a reason. Cash is indeed king, and you get more cash from endorsements than from salaries if you're a top tier guy in a large market.

Example: Chris Paul, zero rings, makes more "cash" than Tim Duncan with all his successes and accolades. If Tim was in a larger market with his success and actually did endorsements, he'd be cracking 30m a year.

MultiTroll
03-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Example: Chris Paul, zero rings, makes more "cash" than Tim Duncan with all his successes and accolades. If Tim was in a larger market with his success and actually did endorsements, he'd be cracking 30m a year.
Sidepoint related Q.
Is State Farms sales actually going up with their fag fest of Chris Paul, and now Curry and i think another NBA fag?
Are they slipping in subliminal messages to coerce people to buy?
I mean seriously.....

DMC
03-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Sidepoint related Q.
Is State Farms sales actually going up with their fag fest of Chris Paul, and now Curry and i think another NBA fag?
Are they slipping in subliminal messages to coerce people to buy?
I mean seriously.....
They have a marketing budget and they've done the research to show that marketing increases sales enough to justify marketing. So yeah. I remember when people asked if Nike would ever make their money back from MJ. Of course, we're pretty sure Pepsi didn't make theirs back from the other MJ.

The point of having those guys isn't because people say "Well if Chris likes them...." but that people remember the commercials because they've watched them. With Mike, I think they had it both ways.

TampaDude
03-23-2015, 02:58 PM

Vewwwwwy nice... :hitit:

DrunkTXLabrat
03-24-2015, 02:13 AM
Kawhi and Davis on the same team would be epic, defensively. but it would also be mega frustrating, injury-prone'dly.

mudyez
03-24-2015, 05:56 AM
First need to sign both Marc Gasol and Aldridge...then can't start making Bonner for Davis calls.

hater
03-24-2015, 09:12 AM
easy. just turn yourself into a Pelican fan.

Das Texan
03-24-2015, 09:47 AM
maybe senile tom benson will forget to sign the paperwork to match a Restricted offer.

PingPong
03-24-2015, 07:07 PM
She is the goods tbh :tu

saw her on a party in Sao Paulo.... gooooodddd stuff

if you want nice pics connect brazilian google and put her name

http://www.taniagoldkorn.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/paola-carnaval.jpg

she had a lipo not a long time ago

There's a movie wich she spent more of the time almost naked.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288641/

spurraider21
03-24-2015, 07:19 PM
We can get Davis if we become pelicans fans