PDA

View Full Version : How Good is the Spurs Bench This Season?

DMC
03-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Last season there were a few games where the bench carried the team. That doesn't seem to be the case so far this year. What's the deal?

Malik Hairston
03-22-2015, 05:39 PM
Diaw and Mills struggling, primarily..

There was a stretch last year where Patty was going on scoring binges and winning quarters all by himself IIRC:lol..

ElNono
03-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Even Beli was much more consistent (even though he had a couple of good games lately). But yeah, Patty has struggled since coming back. The Manu injury doesn't help either, now that the team is trying to build towards the playoffs.

Hopefully everybody gets their shit together in time.

Malik Hairston
03-22-2015, 05:53 PM
Even Beli was much more consistent (even though he had a couple of good games lately). But yeah, Patty has struggled since coming back. The Manu injury doesn't help either, now that the team is trying to build towards the playoffs.

Hopefully everybody gets their shit together in time.

Beli looks like he's back to last year's form, like you said, at least..

Manu is Manu, and Diaw is always going to be hit or miss based on how he feels that night, but Mills is the real concern..

He looks like he doesn't have any confidence, unfortunately..he doesn't take those pull-up 3s in transition as much, too..I wonder if he's afraid of getting pulled, like we see with a lot of NBA shooters with sporadic playing time..

Southwest Texas Fan
03-22-2015, 05:53 PM
Mills post surgery.
Diaw struggling.
Manu is injured.

marinoman
03-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Mills to me is the biggest concern. Diaw, bellinelli, etc have all had gods stretches here and there. Mills really hasn't

Robz4000
03-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Diaw is coasting tbh, been saying it all season. The only cause for concern with him is his 3-point shot, which is terrible right now. We all know Beli has his limitations, just need to hope Pop doesn't overplay him. As for Mills, the whole PG rotation is a struggle right now; its ridiculous how 3 months ago we were calling it the best in the league, but now it's just abysmal.

MI21
03-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Diaw appears to be coming on lately and you feel his personality is such that when it matters, he will be the player he normally is.

Manu has been very good IMO this season, this rest at the moment due to the small injury will probably do him some good.

Like everyone has said, it's Mills at the moment and there is no big secret - he can't hit a fucking shot and it's affecting his whole game. I haven't seen any backcourt steals, diving on the floor, drawing charges, gambling and handsy defense or ridiculous pull up 3's. Not sure what the answer is, he just needs to have a good stretch I guess - Pop pulling him very quickly isn't helping either and it appears the old issue that Pop has had a lot of the time is rearing it's ugly head - how to handle the backup PG situation.

TMTTRIO
03-22-2015, 06:30 PM
My biggest concern now is Manu coming back and the playoffs being just around the corner. We all know how long it takes for him to come back from an injury to regain form and how that's going to affect our bench play when they're finally starting to put it together.

wildchild
03-22-2015, 06:45 PM
They aren't realiable enough to stretch the floor for the offense with the perimeter shooting like last season, but we can see Diaw is improving now.
Like the others guys said here, it seems like Patty's recovery requires more time than originally thought. Hopefully he can get his rhythm back next games.

apalisoc_9
03-22-2015, 06:51 PM
It's hard for anyone with sporadic minutes to find their rhythm.

Just for once, pop should stop benching Mills everytime he makes a mistake.

Horse
03-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Can't really say at the moment when Manu is back I believe they'll get back where they were

Splits
03-22-2015, 07:29 PM
No Daye, not enough Bonner tbh

timtonymanu
03-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah Mills missed the start of the season so Pop needs to stop acting like a jackass and just let him play through his mistakes.