PDA

View Full Version : who would you rather see the spurs play in the finals?

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 01:19 AM
Let's be honest, it's either the hawks or Lebron in the finals..

IMO, Lebron is going to be more entertaining, but Atlanta is probably the easier match-up...

The spurs beat both though, IMO...

It's really only GSW that's standing in the spurs way..I'm part of the minority that wants to wait till the conference finals before potentially playing GSW...

Two series to hope that GSW loses...

This is by far the easiest path to a repeat and it will be very disappointing if they don't..GSW is on the way though...

I'm with Dale Robinson on this one...

sananspursfan21
03-23-2015, 01:22 AM
It's not the finals we should be worried about

dabom
03-23-2015, 01:23 AM
Cavs are easier. They will be easier to contain. Hawks might all go off just like us.

mudyez
03-23-2015, 01:23 AM
I'm more concerned about threepeating right now...OKC could have a good team for KD's last run in 2016.

;)

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 01:24 AM
Sure, but this thread is more about who fans think is an easier match up..Lebron or Hawks.

SpursFan86
03-23-2015, 01:24 AM

this...I think the hardest series will be against GS.

Out of Cleveland/Atlanta though, I'd definitely rather play Atlanta.

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 01:25 AM
Beat the Warriors and they have the title, tbh..

I'd rather play the Cavs in the Finals, btw, from a legacy/coverage standpoint..nobody would watch a Spurs/Hawks Finals, just like Spurs/Nets, etc..the Spurs legacy was enhanced to the media and fans by the coverage they received against LeBron and the Heat, tbh..

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 01:29 AM

Would you rather play them in the 2nd round or 3rd?

3rd looks ideal..Hoping for a surprise in the first round or 2nd round. No way Thunder win, but part of the reason why I want Memphis to collapse in their last 14 games or so is to see them play GSW in the 2nd round..Not going to happen though.

spursparker9
03-23-2015, 01:29 AM
Would be boring to watch against Hawks tbh.

Cavs or Bulls would be good.

Sean Cagney
03-23-2015, 01:30 AM

^^^^^^ Yep, lets not forget about a VERY tough Western Conference. Spurs have A LONG ways to go before thinking about the finals right now.

spursparker9
03-23-2015, 01:31 AM
Spurs need to avoid the same bracket with GSW.

Must avoid 4th and 5th seed!

KaiRMD1
03-23-2015, 01:31 AM
Kyrie is the one I'd be more worried about, the LeBron conundrum has already been solved

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Would you rather play them in the 2nd round or 3rd?

3rd looks ideal..Hoping for a surprise in the first round or 2nd round. No way Thunder win, but part of the reason why I want Memphis to collapse in their last 14 games or so is to see them play GSW in the 2nd round..Not going to happen though.

2nd round, tbh..

- Don't want the Spurs to be worn out by the 3rd round like in 2008..a potentiAl series vs the Grizzlies or Clippers or Rockets could be grueling like the New Orleans series in 2008, which leaves them vulnerable to a sluggish start to the subsequent series

A 5th seed and easy match up vs Portland would have the Spurs fresh and in rhythm for the 2nd round

- The Warriors only other potential match up problem is Memphis, and they wouldnt play then until the 3rd round if the Grizz keep the 2 seed..I dont think the Spurs can rely on anybody else to beat the Warriors IMO

ElNono
03-23-2015, 01:40 AM

I'd rather play the Cavs in the Finals, btw, from a legacy/coverage standpoint..nobody would watch a Spurs/Hawks Finals, just like Spurs/Nets, etc..the Spurs legacy was enhanced to the media and fans by the coverage they received against LeBron and the Heat, tbh..

what would joe do in a Cavs-Spurs finals, tbh?...

dabom
03-23-2015, 01:46 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 01:47 AM

Hope for a Cavs win and a Tony Parker FMVP..

Joe is going to have along series..:lmao

I'm sure my nigga Malik has a better idea though

MI21
03-23-2015, 01:51 AM
Obviously the Cavs so MVParker can get his second finals MVP.

But seriously, I think the Hawks would be the team - I think are possibly better than the Cavs, but they just don't have the types of players that could take a championship away from the Spurs. People compare there team first attitude to the Spurs, which is fine, but the Spurs have guys that have been Top 3 at there position at various times in there career and are NBA legends - the Hawks have Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague.

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 01:53 AM
Hope for a Cavs win and a Tony Parker FMVP..

Joe is going to have along series..:lmao

I'm sure my nigga Malik has a better idea though

:lol he isn't actually a Parker fan, tbh..

He's a Cavs fan that detested LeBron and was cheering hard for the Heat to lose in the Finals..Manu was playing poorly and hurting the Spurs, which is why Joe's entire existence on ST has been centered around hating Ginobili..he joined the forums exactly around that time:lol..

He began propping up Parker as part of his anti-Manu shtick, and he has been going with that stale shit ever since to troll Manu fans..now he's trying the anti-Kawhi trolling and failing..

Robz4000
03-23-2015, 01:55 AM
Hawks due to the fact it'd be a sweep in 5, but beating Lebron again would be fun. As others have said tho, getting out of the West is easier said than done. As for the Dubs, might as well get them in the second round before they really get their playoff legs under them. Hopefully Portland would be a decent warm-up to get the Spurs into playoff-mode, but they aren't like last years Mavs sadly.

apalisoc_9
03-23-2015, 01:57 AM
Not that it matters, but SA might potentially have Home court against lebron but not against the hawks.

dabom
03-23-2015, 01:57 AM

He's a Cavs fan that detested LeBron and was cheering hard for the Heat to lose in the Finals..Manu was playing poorly and hurting the Spurs, which is why Joe's entire existence on ST has been centered around hating Ginobili..he joined the forums exactly around that time:lol..

He began propping up Parker as part of his anti-Manu shtick, and he has been going with that stale shit ever since to troll Manu fans..now he's trying the anti-Kawhi trolling and failing..

:wakeup

:lol

that faggot been exposed for life. :lmao

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 02:01 AM
:lol he didnt even hate on Kawhi last year IIRC..

Now that LeBron is a Cav again, though, he's been relentlessly hating on the best LeBron-stopper in the league..hmm..

dabom
03-23-2015, 02:03 AM

Now that LeBron is a Cav again, though, he's been relentlessly hating on the best LeBron-stopper in the league..hmm..

Lebron on the heat: I love kawhi he da best!

Lebron on the cavs: Kawhi sucks and inefficient.

:lmao

spurraider21
03-23-2015, 02:03 AM
hawks are the easier matchup for us, not that the Cavs are particularly problematic.

spurraider21
03-23-2015, 02:05 AM

while true in the moment, long term we know rings are rings. The spurs have completely whipped LeBron's ass in 2 of their 3 matchups, and LeBron had a miraculous bailout to barely squeak by in 7 one time. there's nothing left to prove in the spurs-lebron matchup

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 02:14 AM
while true in the moment, long term we know rings are rings. The spurs have completely whipped LeBron's ass in 2 of their 3 matchups, and LeBron had a miraculous bailout to barely squeak by in 7 one time. there's nothing left to prove in the spurs-lebron matchup

It's not about LeBron vs. The Spurs the matchup, it's about the spotlight being partially on the Spurs..

Nobody outside of super-hardcore NBA fans remembers anything about the series' vs. the Nets, Pistons, Cavs and even the Knicks..Duncan had 2 of the greatest Finals series' of all-time against the Knicks and Nets, especially the latter, and they are never discussed outside of the most die-hard NBA forums..

Everybody remembers everything about the past 2 NBA Finals' series, because the Spurs were playing against a high-profile opponent..Hawks- Spurs would be completely irrelevant:lol..

Malik Hairston
03-23-2015, 02:15 AM

It's not about LeBron vs. The Spurs the matchup, it's about the spotlight being partially on the Spurs..

Nobody outside of super-hardcore NBA fans remembers anything about the series' vs. the Nets, Pistons, Cavs and even the Knicks..Duncan had 2 of the greatest Finals series' of all-time against the Knicks and Nets, especially the latter, and they are never discussed outside of the most die-hard NBA forums..

Everybody remembers everything about the past 2 NBA Finals' series, because the Spurs were playing against a high-profile opponent..Hawks- Spurs would be completely irrelevant:lol..

03-23-2015, 02:41 AM
Can we get at least get the seedings locked up before crowning us the champions already? The Spurs are contenders. but it's not like they've never laid an egg before, or are immune to fishy officiating.

Nathan89
03-23-2015, 02:57 AM
Hawks because it would be an easier match. A team needs offense of star power to beat the spurs tbh and they don't have it. They can't even exploit Marco and Tony. Game Over if you can't do that.

Silver&Black
03-23-2015, 03:03 AM
Well considering we lost to CLE at home the other day, and beat the Hawks in Atlanta today....pretty obvious choice.

timtonymanu
03-23-2015, 03:10 AM
Yep, agree that Golden State is the biggest challenge. I've doubted them against the Spurs, but I'm really worried about the perimeter defense outside of Leonard and Green. Also Draymond Green. Diaw better be playing his best in the playoffs

Not scared of either Atlanta or Cleveland. But I agree about playing Cleveland instead. It would just be more fun and satisfying beating Cleveland than beating Spurs East.

romain.star
03-23-2015, 03:29 AM
IF the Spurs get out of the West, i just don't see them losing in the Finals, no mater who

aal04
03-23-2015, 03:43 AM
im happy taking on the pop students (ATL/GSW). We will out pop them with genuine pop.

I don't want Houston or Cleveland. They would be closer

100%duncan
03-23-2015, 04:00 AM
Cavs tbh. Beat Lebron one more time.

BillMc
03-23-2015, 04:48 AM
IF the Spurs get out of the West, i just don't see them losing in the Finals, no mater who

Old School 44
03-23-2015, 09:12 AM

Yes...I agree completely. Too bad the Lakers/Spurs played in the same conference at the peak of Shaq/Kobe. Lakers/Spurs meeting in the Finals 8-10 times would have been epic.

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 09:18 AM
Cavs tbh. Beat Lebron one more time.

As much as I'd like to see this, I'd rather play the odds and take on Atlanta. Most won't remember or care who the Spurs beat in winning 6 titles. So I would want to maximize the chances for winning by playing the Hawks. And while I'm pretty sure the Spurs would beat the Cavs, I'd hate to have things go bad (injuries or bad calls) and somehow give Lebron another ring. Especially considering that the Spurs might not face him again to avenge. They've already beaten him twice. At this point, I just want another ring and don't care how easy it is.

100%duncan
03-23-2015, 09:43 AM
As much as I'd like to see this, I'd rather play the odds and take on Atlanta. Most won't remember or care who the Spurs beat in winning 6 titles. So I would want to maximize the chances for winning by playing the Hawks. And while I'm pretty sure the Spurs would beat the Cavs, I'd hate to have things go bad (injuries or bad calls) and somehow give Lebron another ring. Especially considering that the Spurs might not face him again to avenge. They've already beaten him twice. At this point, I just want another ring and don't care how easy it is.

Well, basically what Harlem said in this thread. The media coverage will be massive. Although yah i dont really care. Winning the 6th prolly means we also beat GSW which is the team to beat now

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Well, basically what Harlem said in this thread. The media coverage will be massive. Although yah i dont really care. Winning the 6th prolly means we also beat GSW which is the team to beat now

There's no doubt which would be better in hindsight. I'd of course rather them go through GS and Cleveland. But really, as elusive as rings are, and with the limited time left for the Big Three, I'd be happy avoiding either or both of those teams.
There would also be some satisfaction at Lebron failing to get to the finals.

100%duncan
03-23-2015, 10:00 AM
There's no doubt which would be better in hindsight. I'd of course rather them go through GS and Cleveland. But really, as elusive as rings are, and with the limited time left for the Big Three, I'd be happy avoiding either or both of those teams.
There would also be some satisfaction at Lebron failing to get to the finals.

Yeah :lol Who are we to ask for anything more tbh. The Lakers won against the Magic for their first half of their b2b. lol magic

TampaDude
03-23-2015, 11:08 AM
We'd likely sweep the Hawks in the Finals. Boring.

The Cavs would probably make it a 6-game series, and it would be fun for Timmy to beat LeBron again and get ring #6. :hat

Definitely the Cavs. They're going to be in the Finals, anyway.

SASdynasty!
03-23-2015, 12:07 PM

IMO, Lebron is going to be more entertaining, but Atlanta is probably the easier match-up...

It's really only GSW that's standing in the spurs way..I'm part of the minority that wants to wait till the conference finals before potentially playing GSW...

This is by far the easiest path to a repeat and it will be very disappointing if they don't..GSW is on the way though...

I finally agree with you on something.

Horse
03-23-2015, 12:28 PM

I think the hawk are the easier matchup much like okc-miami 2012 the hawks are very good at what they do but we are the best. However it would in no way compare to sending LeBron home again and proving irving is a luck chuck bitch.

I think the hawks are the easier matchup much like okc-Miami 2012 Atlanta is good at what they do but we are the masters of it. However it could never compare to sending LeBron home again.

gameFACE
03-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Chicago. They might make some noise if Rose comes back.

RD2191
03-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Don't matter as long as we ring.

rmt
03-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Spurs would have an easier time with ATL - none of their players have even been to the Finals. Besides, wouldn't want to take the chance that in case of injury to anyone (especially Leonard), that Lebron could even possibly win another championship. If ATL wins, so what - no big deal. Gotta worry about getting out of the brutal West first.

Beaverfuzz
03-23-2015, 04:45 PM
The correct answer is: Anyone from the East, as that means the Spurs are in the Finals.

SnakeBoy
03-23-2015, 09:47 PM
im happy taking on the pop students (ATL/GSW). We will out pop them with genuine pop.

Yep, all the imitators will be exposed like ATL just was.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/72687/imitation-game-how-spurs-east-falls-short

z0sa
03-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Shut. the fuck. up.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-24-2015, 03:38 AM
Doesn't matter, GSW is trash as well.

ElNono
03-24-2015, 04:54 AM
this season or next season?

mudyez
03-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Chose the Hawks, but not because they are an easier opponent (especially with Buds inside information they are not), but coz it would be great to have "the beautiful game going up gainst the beautiful game".

Clipper Nation
03-24-2015, 10:18 AM

:lol JoeYacht getting ethered

Obstructed_View
03-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Spurs are in the finals again?

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_am_just_really_happy_to_be_here_customized_tshir t-r3976649bc9f243fe9e2ef03309b2dfd0_804gs_512.jpg

Arcadian
03-24-2015, 05:45 PM
I would rather them face the Hawks, because there's no way they lose that series...but I don't believe the Hawks are actually contenders anymore. So it's going to be the Cavs.