PDA

View Full Version : Spurs article - So many weapons - Like a good toolbox

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 08:48 AM
If the Spurs were a toolkit, who would be which tool?

Tim Duncan – Hammer : every toolkit needs a hammer. It’s the most consistent tool and rarely breaks down. If the hammer messes up, it’s usually not the hammer but the user of the hammer that is at fault.
Kawaii Leonard – Flathead Screwdriver : another must have but more versatile than any other one too. Besides doing its designated job of turning flathead screws, it can also be used in some Philips head screws. It can also be used as a make shift wedge or box opener.
Danny Green – Pliers : another somewhat versatile tool. Can be used to pry things out as well as begin a makeshift wrench
Tiago Splitter – Tractor : slow compared to other tools but with the proper attachments can do many hard labor jobs. As consistent as a hammer is, you can’t plow a field with a hammer.
Manu Ginobli – Wrench : very solid tool. But the wrench has to be properly sized for the job. If the wrench is off, then the job won’t get done or is sloppy
Tony Parker – Refrigerator : has one job to do and that’s keep it’s cool
Boris Diaw – Microwave Oven : not always the best tool but gets things hot quickly
Patty Mills – Sports car : not used very often but when it does get used, it comes out on fire
Kyle Anderson – Scissors
Marco Belinelli - .308 rifle : can hit things from a long way
Matt Bonner – Post hole digger
Jeff Ayres – Sandwich
Cory Joseph – Television
Reggie Williams – Pipe Wrench
Aron Baynes - Scissors

Old School 44
03-23-2015, 08:54 AM
How is Matt Bonner not the "sandwich"?

Seventyniner
03-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Tractor...Refrigerator...Microwave Oven...Sports car....308 rifle...Television...(two pairs of scissors)

wtf kind of toolkit is this? Where are you going to fit a ****ing tractor?

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 08:58 AM
How is Matt Bonner not the "sandwich"?

He's the post hole digger.

BillMc
03-23-2015, 09:01 AM
I would love, just love, to see some post this question to Pop. "If the Spurs were a toolkit, what tools would each player be?" One can only imagine his response.

Bartleby
03-23-2015, 09:02 AM
"Spurs article"?

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 09:06 AM
wtf kind of toolkit is this? Where are you going to fit a ****ing tractor?

It's a hypothetical toolkit. If you disagree with the article, you are welcome to post your own analogies.

BillMc
03-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Derek Smalls - Preserved Moose.

pgardn
03-23-2015, 09:17 AM
Heavy B fills volume around the rim.
Heavy B scores inside and out using volume for the baby hook and fall away, and touch for the 3 pointers. A big Ballerinia.

So essentially he is French Swiss Army Knife, just not a pointy one.
I like that, Ballerinia...

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Heavy B fills volume around the rim.
Heavy B scores inside and out using volume for the baby hook and fall away, and touch for the 3 pointers. A big Ballerinia.

So essentially he is French Swiss Army Knife, just not a pointy one.
I like that, Ballerinia...

That really doesn't make sense. A Swiss Army Knife is really something you keep in your pocket like keys or a wallet. Keeping a Swiss Army Knife in a toolkit is basically admitting that you don't have the right tools in the first place.

Old School 44
03-23-2015, 09:40 AM
That really doesn't make sense. A Swiss Army Knife is really something you keep in your pocket like keys or a wallet. Keeping a Swiss Army Knife in a toolkit is basically admitting that you don't have the right tools in the first place.
LOL! This coming from a guy who has a Sports Car in his toolkit. :)

pgardn
03-23-2015, 09:40 AM

yep, that's a good point.

So I will go with the Spurs toolkit that basically contains an excessively large thick skinned balloon inflated to move objects.

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Ya'll just don't get the thread.

DMC
03-23-2015, 11:59 AM
I would love, just love, to see some post this question to Pop. "If the Spurs were a toolkit, what tools would each player be?" One can only imagine his response.
I have no idea, just make something up and I'll say I said it.

wildbill2u
03-23-2015, 12:28 PM
I'll play. Manu is a coping saw--used to cut intricate external moves and passes and interior cutouts. The thin blade tends to make wavy cuts on thick opponents but his skill is achieved through much practice on a wide variety of opponents materials of varying thicknesses. Because of the thinness of the blade, it can be broken easily when attempting too many audacious cuts with an older blade. However, it can produce beautiful results in skillful hands, worthy of a true artist.

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 12:45 PM
I'll play. Manu is a coping saw--used to cut intricate external moves and passes and interior cutouts. The thin blade tends to make wavy cuts on thick opponents but his skill is achieved through much practice on a wide variety of opponents materials of varying thicknesses. Because of the thinness of the blade, it can be broken easily when attempting too many audacious cuts with an older blade. However, it can produce beautiful results in skillful hands, worthy of a true artist.

well done.

SnakeBoy
03-23-2015, 01:56 PM
If the Spurs signed the op they'd have a retard in the toolkit.

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 03:42 PM
If the Spurs signed the op they'd have a retard in the toolkit.

they'd also upgrade at PG

cantthinkofanything
03-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Brazil.

wildbill2u
03-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Baynes is a wheelbarrow. He rolls with a big wide load.