PDA

View Full Version : Who said this?

testies
03-24-2015, 05:47 PM
“The game is evolving into a 3-point shooting game. You can’t win a championship with a European offense, like what Phoenix has run for the past few years. But that seems to be the style people are copying. My issue with a team like Miami is always, ‘Who is going to score in the post?’ An interior game is still key, even if you don’t have a high-scoring center. Clearly, that’s what Dallas has with Dirk [Nowitzki], and that was the difference in last year’s championship series.”

thats why hes overrated as f lol

DesignatedT
03-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Phil is clearly wrong, but as far as the Spurs go, they have always had a reliable post presence every year they have won the title. Including two reliable offensive post players if you count Boris last season who was unbelievable with his back to the basket.

Malik Hairston
03-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Phil Jackson's strength as a coach was that he was a great babysitter, tbh..he's beloved by old, nostalgic, "back in my day" fans, obviously..

I still find it funny that people believe he can rebuild the Knicks in 2015 with his antiquated views on basketball:lmao..same with the Lakers, too, they're still in the mentality of "we're going to sign the best player, not use analytics or resources, not shoot 3-pointers, etc"..

These niggas still read newspapers and write letters, tbh..

Dex
03-24-2015, 06:22 PM
“The game is evolving into a 3-point shooting game. You can’t win a championship with a European offense, like what Phoenix has run for the past few years. But that seems to be the style people are copying. My issue with a team like Miami is always, ‘Who is going to score in the post?’ An interior game is still key, even if you don’t have a high-scoring center. Clearly, that’s what Dallas has with Dirk [Nowitzki], and that was the difference in last year’s championship series.”

:lmao wow

2011 NBA Champions - Dallas Mavericks
2012 NBA Champions - Miami Heat
2013 NBA Champions - Miami Heat
2014 NBA Champions - San Antonio Spurs

Clearly that European style is just SO overrated. :roll eyes

Also :lol at calling Nowitzki an interior presence...he had a few good years scoring inside, but he has always been a perimeter big and everybody knows it. That's half the reason his interior game was effective was teams had to respect his shooting and fakes.

therealtruth
03-24-2015, 07:35 PM
The main point is that you need a way to get easy baskets. The team that gets the most easy baskets is usually the team that wins a playoffs series. If one team is taking and making tough jumpers and 3's and the other team is getting layups/dunks/free throws, the latter team will almost always win. So I don't think it's a 3pt vs post issue. It's a case of who's getting the easier baskets. Uncontested 3's are pretty easy baskets if you get good ball movement.

tholdren
03-24-2015, 07:38 PM

Why is he overrated - and how is this wrong? He's absolutely correct.

BillMc
03-24-2015, 07:40 PM
Phil? He's that overpaid guy in charge of the Knicks right? Who cares what he thinks...:lol