PDA

View Full Version : Patty mills you'll be on the bench for the payoffs

razor247
03-24-2015, 09:45 PM
You can't shoot anymore. How many more times are you going to just throw the ball up?

benfti
03-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Till they start going in, and we will rejoice, as it is written

Ice009
03-25-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure if I want him on the court if he can't hit shots. I think I would at least like Joseph out there to try and provide some defensive resistance. He shot like this for a lot of the OKC series. He couldn't even hit anything in some of those games. People are only remembering the good games in the playoffs and not remembering the games where he wasn't great.

Those of you that have watched him play for a long time, correct me if I am wrong, but I think these last two seasons with the Spurs have been Patty's best shooting seasons anywhere? I'm thinking his shooting this season is more of how he's shot most of his career from three point range. Then again, he just could have missed too much time and the injury has really thrown him right off and he hasn't recovered from it.

spurtech09
03-25-2015, 04:29 PM
I think Cojo needs to takeover the back up PG........Cojo was playing pretty good ball early in the season than Patty Mills came back into the line-up and messed up Cojo's flow......Patty Mills hasn't really done anything since his return..........ever since the surgery he hasn't been the same

AFBlue
03-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Hasn't been the same, but I don't know how much opportunity he's had to play off/with Manu and a complete second unit. Doesn't feel like a lot though. If Manu is healthy, Patty still makes the most sense as a complimentary piece off the bench.

Malik Hairston
03-25-2015, 04:38 PM
3s > 2s

Have to keep playing him and just hope he finds the jump shot IMO..

AFBlue
03-25-2015, 04:39 PM
I will say though, there's absolutely playoff matchup scenarios that favor CoJo getting minutes in lieu of Patty, as there is with Baynes over Boris.

marinoman
03-25-2015, 04:53 PM
If the Spurs go deep in the playoffs, which many of you doubt, Pop will shorten the rotation to make ginobili the backup point when TP isn't in the game

AFBlue
03-25-2015, 05:52 PM
If the Spurs go deep in the playoffs, which many of you doubt, Pop will shorten the rotation to make ginobili the backup point when TP isn't in the game

Patty made the cut last year and was a key contributor. Manu as the primary ball handler with Patty playing off as a shooter. I don't expect the rotations to look wholly different than last year. Same team.

jkid12456
03-25-2015, 06:17 PM
PATTY PROVED HIS SPOT NOW GTFO.

AFBlue
03-25-2015, 07:48 PM
PATTY PROVED HIS SPOT NOW GTFO.

He gets some leash for the ability he's displayed in the past, but his job isn't completely safe. CoJo may not be the scorer Patty is, but he puts pressure on the D with attack and has value defensively. I hope he gets back into a groove now that the blackout is fully healthy, but if he doesn't then it's CoJo time.

look_at_g_shred
03-25-2015, 07:50 PM
I hate when patty shoots just to shoot and misses. I'll live with the 3's he misses coming off an assist or after an offensive rebound. Corey is just to shy with the ball. Although the guy hardly turns it over, his aggression or lack thereof really stagnates the offense.

cjw
03-25-2015, 07:56 PM
I think I would at least like Joseph out there to try and provide some defensive resistance.

Patty's only skill on D = flop for offensive fouls