PDA

View Full Version : spurs tank to face memphis

jdelar03
03-24-2015, 09:50 PM
I know it sounds bad but what if spurs decided playing memphis in the 2vs7 spot would actually give them the best chance to make a run play memphis 1st round which I think we could pull off even on the road then you have houston or dallas 2nd round avoiding the clippers, blazers, thunder and gs untill wcf if u get there. And a fyi I think sa matches up good against portland or lac but the bottom half past memph could be easy if the spurs get their shit together. Plus memphis tanked for us few years back maybe its time to return the favor.

Malik Hairston
03-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Ya, would be pretty ironic:lol..

Portland would be by far the easiest matchup, but it seems really unlikely that the Spurs are going to get the 5th seed, at this point..too inconsistent..

Out of Golden State, Memphis and the Clippers, I'd rather get Memphis, easily..

Mikeanaro
03-24-2015, 09:53 PM
7 seed winning it all? nope.

daslicer
03-24-2015, 09:54 PM
Memphis would be an ideal first round matchup considering they are the worst offensive team out of top 8 West teams.

Malik Hairston
03-24-2015, 09:55 PM
7 seed winning it all? nope.

The odds of the Spurs winning the title are slim anyways, might as well get the easiest matchup, tbh..

Even ignoring their struggles, trying to get to a 3rd straight Finals is extremely difficult, especially in today's era of the Western Conference..

K...
03-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Beating Memphis may also get us Mark Gasol ......MASTER PLAN

look_at_g_shred
03-24-2015, 10:02 PM
lol

jdelar03
03-24-2015, 10:09 PM
If ny can make it to the finals as an 8 and houston can win it all as a 6 then anything is possible with the spurs.

Harry Callahan
03-24-2015, 10:10 PM
I'd rather play Memphis than Houston. Splitter is well now and playing good ball. Memphis' bigs don't go crazy against SA very often.

The Spurs will play with appropriate fear tomorrow and Friday.

Horse
03-24-2015, 10:12 PM
I just don't get it the first quarter they were just playing with dallas then they fuck around dallas comes back and the 3rd quarter was like the twilight zone with the turnovers and dumb shit.

jdelar03
03-24-2015, 10:34 PM
I just think as absurd as it sounds this organization has not always been the do as in rome type that I would not put it past them to get the position that they feel they have a punchers chance against take that fight get some playoff rythm and confidance and let the chips fall where they may if u make it to wcf.

TheGreatYacht
03-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Makes sense

Harry Callahan
03-24-2015, 10:40 PM
The Spurs need to be fresh and healthy on April 19th - whenever the playoffs start.

Seeding would be nice, but too many screwups in overtime and injuries have compromised their RS record.

As crazy as it sounds, I can still see a 95 Houston Rockets run in these guys with Parker, Splitter, and Leonard rounding into shape.

We really need Patty Mills to catch fire in these last 2 weeks. They need that extra boost big time.

I'm beginning to wonder if the injury was too much to overcome this season for Mills. He's just not stroking the shot like last year. He's had a lot of good looks lately.

jdelar03
03-24-2015, 11:08 PM
The Spurs need to be fresh and healthy on April 19th - whenever the playoffs start.

Seeding would be nice, but too many screwups in overtime and injuries have compromised their RS record.

As crazy as it sounds, I can still see a 95 Houston Rockets run in these guys with Parker, Splitter, and Leonard rounding into shape.

We really need Patty Mills to catch fire in these last 2 weeks. They need that extra boost big time.

I'm beginning to wonder if the injury was too much to overcome this season for Mills. He's just not stroking the shot like last year. He's had a lot of good looks lately.

Thats it these guys could get it together all at the right time. This team I dont think at this point in their storied achivments dosnt need some fake blotted reg. season record to boast their confidance. They know if they can get their shit together 8-7-6-5-4 seedbwho gives a fuck we can beat them all.

ViceCity86
03-25-2015, 08:29 AM
This is looking like 2010.Low 50ish win 7th seed.

We beat overrated Grizzlies in 1st round and lose to Clippers or Rockets in round 2,but not swept.

Playing Rockets or Clippers in round one might mean early exit.

Budkin
03-25-2015, 11:08 AM

Spurs da champs
03-25-2015, 11:35 AM
The grizzlies don't scare me at all, & until I see the Warriors actually beat the Spurs, they don't scare me either, Rockets are the only team I'd be worried about in the West. Match ups are everything.

spurtech09
03-25-2015, 04:25 PM
The grizzlies don't scare me at all, & until I see the Warriors actually beat the Spurs, they don't scare me either, Rockets are the only team I'd be worried about in the West. Match ups are everything.Mavs,Clips,GSW,Portland,and Rockets don't scare me

Silver&Black
03-25-2015, 06:07 PM

CIA :pop: approves of this post

look_at_g_shred
03-25-2015, 07:51 PM
CIA :pop: approves of this post
haha

DMC
03-25-2015, 07:59 PM
There's no easy matchup in the West.

marinoman
03-25-2015, 08:07 PM
There's no easy matchup in the West.

I think Portland is a sitting duck, no Matthews, hurt Aldridge, hurt Buffon (that idiot screwed me in fantasy NBA)

DMC
03-25-2015, 08:21 PM
I think Portland is a sitting duck, no Matthews, hurt Aldridge, hurt Buffon (that idiot screwed me in fantasy NBA)
fuk yo team clown

marinoman
03-25-2015, 08:40 PM
At least I didn't tweet him to complain