PDA

View Full Version : Have to give credit to die-hard Manu fans, tbh..

Malik Hairston
03-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Following the 2013 Finals, the majority of this forum(yes, the majority) turned on Manu Ginobili for his putrid Finals performance..he was absolutely awful, probably the worst player on the floor, and deserved all the criticism he received from the media and fans IMO..

However, despite being a consistent playoff performer that virtually always elevated his game in the playoffs for the Spurs from 2003 to 2011(and last year, of course), SpursTalk turned their backs on him..personal insults, trade demands, an abundance of hateful threads, the forum was littered with negative Manu talk, tbh..

It reached the point where posters joined SpursTalk with shticks that were entirely devoted to baiting Ginobili fans(some of them still post here, tbh)..

Despite all this, Manu's fans took it like men, no complaints, they accepted the hate and while they defended their man, they weren't sensitive or emotional about it..most of them actually agreed with the criticism and some even dished it out, too..

They were confident that Ginobili would step up and redeem himself, and he did:toast

ElNono
03-24-2015, 10:53 PM
Never had a doubt. He's a special talent.

apalisoc_9
03-24-2015, 10:53 PM
check My avi op...

agreed 100%

Harry Callahan
03-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Manu is out there busting his butt at 37 years old. His play last year got us over the top as opposing teams could not match the bench firepower - which he really orchestrated.

Malik Hairston
03-24-2015, 10:55 PM
Meanwhile, SpursTalk has a couple of anti-Parker threads because he's playing poorly, probably about 5% of the hate Manu received in 2013, and all these fans are crying about wanting to leave the forum and fans being unappreciative:lmao..

I actually felt bad for Manu fans in 2013, tbh, I've never seen a player receive so much hate from his own fanbase..not to mention all the Cavs fans that were cheering against Lebron that became Manu haters(JoeYacht, etc)..

apalisoc_9
03-24-2015, 10:56 PM
You know that thing about Manu, even when he is having a bad game..you can tell he is competing...He's not like one of those players when their shots aren't falling, it affects their whole game..Same with Kawhi and TD.

Kool Bob Love
03-24-2015, 10:56 PM
http://youtu.be/4k85lKMA3fo

100%duncan
03-24-2015, 10:57 PM
2nd best spurs of all time tbh.

OP do you agree? It's really hard choosing him over Drob, but Manu has and always been a winner.

Kool Bob Love
http://youtu.be/-YjAO9CQTAk

timtonymanu
Yep credit to El Nono for sticking with his guy but also being reasonable.

I've seen Enrique fans do nothing but deflect, deflect, deflect.

Malik Hairston
03-24-2015, 10:59 PM

OP do you agree? It's really hard choosing him over Drob, but Manu has and always been a winner.

Nah, tbh:lol..D-Rob was a monster and his game would translate well today IMO..

Manu is 3rd, though..

Splits
It reached the point where posters joined SpursTalk with shticks that were entirely devoted to baiting Ginobili fans(some of them still post here, tbh)..

Impossible. No new accounts sans tspence have been approved since prior to 2013 Finals.

Kool Bob Love
http://youtu.be/NKDeak5Rkgo

apalisoc_9
Yep credit to El Nono for sticking with his guy but also being reasonable.

I've seen Enrique fans do nothing but deflect, deflect, deflect.

I wanna be pumped about the post TD era, but Parker for three years...SMDH

wildchild
03-24-2015, 11:00 PM
Despite all this, Manu's fans took it like men, no complaints, they accepted the hate and while they defended their man, they weren't sensitive or emotional about it..most of them actually agreed with the criticism and some even dished it out, too..

Love the subtle here...

100%duncan
03-24-2015, 11:00 PM
Nah, tbh:lol..D-Rob was a monster and his game would translate well today IMO..

Manu is 3rd, though..

Yah maybe it's also that I only caught Drob at the twilight of his career. Im a big manutard tbh second to nono only.

Kool Bob Love
03-24-2015, 11:01 PM
http://youtu.be/ur8b076_SxI

100%duncan
03-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Why is KBL posting videos tbh? Always thought of him as a big manu fan.

Clipper Nation
Gotta hand it to the Client, he's always been an alpha and wasn't totally done by age 32 unlike certain other Spurs players.

SASdynasty!
I wanna be pumped about the post TD era, but Parker for three years...SMDH
WCF, Finals, Championship ->
You done cliff jumping bro?

ElNono
03-24-2015, 11:03 PM
weird, I remember Kool being stout defending Gino from the haters back when the Gino hate was strong...

SASdynasty!
Meanwhile, SpursTalk has a couple of anti-Parker threads because he's playing poorly, probably about 5% of the hate Manu received in 2013, and all these fans are crying about wanting to leave the forum and fans being unappreciative:lmao..

I actually felt bad for Manu fans in 2013, tbh, I've never seen a player receive so much hate from his own fanbase..not to mention all the Cavs fans that were cheering against Lebron that became Manu haters(JoeYacht, etc)..
:lmao

Floyd Pacquiao
Why is KBL posting videos tbh? Always thought of him as a big manu fan.
Parker groupie, imo. Dude seems really hurt tonight, tbh.

100%duncan
03-24-2015, 11:04 PM
weird, I remember Kool being stout defending Gino from the haters back when the Gino hate was strong...

He also agreed with me back then with TD and Manu being the 2 greatest spurs...

SASdynasty!
03-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Following the 2013 Finals, the majority of this forum(yes, the majority) turned on Manu Ginobili for his putrid Finals performance..he was absolutely awful, probably the worst player on the floor, and deserved all the criticism he received from the media and fans IMO..

However, despite being a consistent playoff performer that virtually always elevated his game in the playoffs for the Spurs from 2003 to 2011(and last year, of course), SpursTalk turned their backs on him..personal insults, trade demands, an abundance of hateful threads, the forum was littered with negative Manu talk, tbh..

They were confident that Ginobili would step up and redeem himself, and he did:toast
Makes a lot of sense for the worst Parker-basher in the forum to post this. Lol. "Hey guys remember when everyone was hating on Manu (like I'm doing with Parker)? Well props to you guys who stuck with him!"

ElNono
03-24-2015, 11:05 PM
Makes a lot of sense for the worst Parker-basher in the forum to post this. Lol.

that's actually lefty

SASdynasty!
03-24-2015, 11:06 PM
that's actually lefty
Yah it's close

Clipper Nation
03-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Makes a lot of sense for the worst Parker-basher in the forum to post this. Lol.

You're proving Harlem's point, faggot :lol

RD2191
03-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Should be starting at PG.

SASdynasty!
03-24-2015, 11:14 PM
You're proving Harlem's point, faggot :lol
I understand the premise bro. The irony is he's doing the same thing.

DMC
03-24-2015, 11:16 PM
Gotdayum this is like having little kids in the back seat pointing and poking at each other. There's no sense in it, but they do it anyhow because they know it gets a rise. You hope they grow out of it but sometimes they are autistic or just retarded and never actually do.

Mikeanaro
03-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Manu is the man, as simple as that.

SpurPadre
03-24-2015, 11:30 PM

I love Manu but that's unfair to Da Admiral. HE had to carry a team full of Matt Bonner-level scrubs for most of HIS career.

FkLA
03-24-2015, 11:46 PM
Very fucking true OP. I don't remember threads being deleted or the COM threatening to post longcats to protest the criticism either. Nor do I remember them trying to deflect the blame onto other players.

SpurSwag
03-24-2015, 11:52 PM
I never hated him for a second because I never doubted his intention. As lame as that sounds, I always knew he was doing eveything he could for the team, just as he had done every game prior to the finals that year. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way, and he clearly wasn't himself that entire playoffs both health wise and confidence wise.

I think it's ridiculous that on this forum and in the media in general, one bad performance can wipe away consistent great performances. It was one thing to be a little frustrated with Manu that series, but it was pretty gross to see how many fans here were bashing him and stopped being fans seemingly. Bottom line, he's one of my 2 favorite players (honestly tied with Duncan), and it has been a pleasure to watch him all these years. The spurs got me into basketball, and it was mainly Manu's creativeness and passion that really got me hooked. I started watching ball in the 2005 finals, when my uncle was a pistons fan and being a 10 year old, I was devil's advocate and started rooting for the spurs. But holy shit did Manu make me legitimately love the Spurs. One bad finals series was never enough to change any of that

Malik Hairston
03-24-2015, 11:54 PM
I never hated him for a second because I never doubted his intention. As lame as that sounds, I always knew he was doing eveything he could for the team, just as he had done every game prior to the finals that year. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way, and he clearly wasn't himself that entire playoffs both health wise and confidence wise.

I think it's ridiculous that on this forum and in the media in general, one bad performance can wipe away consistent great performances. It was one thing to be a little frustrated with Manu that series, but it was pretty gross to see how many fans here were bashing him and stopped being fans seemingly. Bottom line, he's one of my 2 favorite players (honestly tied with Duncan), and it has been a pleasure to watch him all these years. The spurs got me into basketball, and it was mainly Manu's creativeness and passion that really got me hooked. I started watching ball in the 2005 finals, when my uncle was a pistons fan and being a 10 year old, I was devil's advocate and started rooting for the spurs. But holy shit did Manu make me legitimately love the Spurs. One bad finals series was never enough to change any of that

Do you remember how bad it got here during/after those Finals, though? Because some people are claiming that the Manu hate wasn't too bad, tbh..

100%duncan
03-24-2015, 11:56 PM
Do you remember how bad it got here during/after those Finals, though? Because some people are claiming that the Manu hate wasn't too bad, tbh..

The original shortbus with skull, tgy, hater was cursing manu the whole year...

timtonymanu
03-24-2015, 11:58 PM
I remember people hating Manu's 2 yr/14 million contract, yet there wasn't any negative feedback about Parker's 43 million contract extension even though Parker's 2014 playoff run was mediocre. :lol

ElNono
03-24-2015, 11:59 PM
did any Manu hater ever got banned from upstairs, tbh? I'm trying to remember. I know a long time Parker-hater that was confined to the NBA forum...

SpurSwag
03-25-2015, 12:00 AM

of course I do, every thread was about how he cost us a championship, should sign on for the vet min or retire, and all of a sudden people were bringing up other incidents in which he had cost us championships, like the ridiculous idea that his foul on Dirk cost us a ring...

Can't say if the current Parker hate was worse, although I feel like it may be. At least when Manu used to go off, he'd get some props. There's literally no doing right for parker anymore

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 12:00 AM
I remember people hating Manu's 2 yr/14 million contract, yet there wasn't any negative feedback about Parker's 43 million contract extension even though Parker's 2014 playoff run was mediocre. :lol

He was lucky that everyone was too busy celebrating 5

ElNono
03-25-2015, 12:01 AM

Do you remember the "Manu costs us Kirilenko" fury? :lmao

ElNono
03-25-2015, 12:04 AM
I think even vichy Bruno was seething when Gino signed that 2 year/$14m deal...

apalisoc_9
Very fucking true OP. I don't remember threads being deleted or the COM threatening to post longcats to protest the criticism either. Nor do I remember them trying to deflect the blame onto other players.

Free

TDMVPDPOY..

Why did that nigga got banned for bashing parker while other posters who wished for Manu's injury to end still posting..

Sad.

timtonymanu
Do you remember the "Manu costs us Kirilenko" fury? :lmao

:lol I do.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 12:05 AM

Free

TDMVPDPOY..

Why did that nigga got banned for bashing parker while other posters who wished for Manu's career to end still posting..

Sad.

MI21
03-25-2015, 12:51 AM
:lol @ Manu being better than DRob.

03-25-2015, 01:21 AM
that's actually lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896)
nah it's that one dude who always calls him a wanker :lol

FkLA
03-25-2015, 01:47 AM

I think it's ridiculous that on this forum and in the media in general, one bad performance can wipe away consistent great performances. It was one thing to be a little frustrated with Manu that series, but it was pretty gross to see how many fans here were bashing him and stopped being fans seemingly. Bottom line, he's one of my 2 favorite players (honestly tied with Duncan), and it has been a pleasure to watch him all these years. The spurs got me into basketball, and it was mainly Manu's creativeness and passion that really got me hooked. I started watching ball in the 2005 finals, when my uncle was a pistons fan and being a 10 year oldwasn devil's advocate and started rooting for the spurs. But holy shit did Manu make me legitimately love the Spurs. One bad finals series was never enough to change any of that

tbh I didn't give him too much hate bc he was simply playing his role as a facilitator, the Heatles just happened to be such an elite defensive team that they closed up most of his passing lanes that were there vs lesser teams.

If he would've tried to play isoball to the detriment of the team (like a certain past his prime current player does) I would've been alot harder on him. Plus it helps that he adjusted and redeemed himself last year.

Brazil
03-25-2015, 10:19 AM
:rolleyes

"personal insults, trade demands, an abundance of hateful threads, the forum was littered with negative Manu talk, tbh.."

this never reached the amount of shit Parker received all his career or even lately by ST and it's not even close

K...
03-25-2015, 10:55 AM
I feel Manu hate back in the day wasn't a circle jerk, it was several lone idiots.

The current anti Parker movement is organized and has the veneer of advanced stats. I agree with op, the anti Manu folks were dumb nuts. But with the site at full occupancy it always felt like anti Manu was a fringe belief.

Now anti Parker threads exceed all other basketball talk and there's no mainstream basketball saviour like timvp to moderate. Arguably, op is the smartest basketball poster but also a troll.

So yeah, it's mostly just a function of decreased main forum activity. Anti Parker is far less toxic but feels much more oppressive because it's now mainstream.

Raven
03-25-2015, 11:54 AM
i never felt manu is a player people can debate on.. you just check the net rating in any year and it makes any sort of doubting look pathetic.. he's a legend, probably the most influential player after MJ and wilt chamberlain.

look_at_g_shred
03-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Puro pinche Manu por Vida tbh..

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 11:57 AM
i never felt manu is a player people can debate on.. you just check the net rating in any year and it makes any sort of doubting look pathetic.. he's a legend, probably the most influential player after MJ and wilt chamberlain.

04 fisher 0.4
06 Dirk foul
13 8 turnovers
15 ???

look_at_g_shred
03-25-2015, 11:58 AM
04 fisher 0.4
06 Dirk foul
13 8 turnovers
15 ???
14 sending Miami home

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 11:59 AM
As if 0.4 really should have counted :lol

Raven
03-25-2015, 12:08 PM
04 fisher 0.4
06 Dirk foul
13 8 turnovers
15 ???
do you know what net rating is tbh?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-25-2015, 12:23 PM
He's my favorite athlete of all time.

Silver&Black
03-25-2015, 12:34 PM
14 sending Miami home

14 Posterizing Bosh to send Miami home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwL8OWhEsts

urunobili
03-25-2015, 12:37 PM
-FaPc-1wcCM

Mikeanaro
03-25-2015, 12:50 PM
04 fisher 0.4
06 Dirk foul
13 8 turnovers
15 ???
Fincher and Dork lost some finals too, even Wilt did DK was a media darling so yes Manu is a legend and the most influencial player after Jordie and Wilt.
Talk about Porker being always perfect...to shit the bed :lmao

Raven
03-25-2015, 12:52 PM
14 Posterizing Bosh to send Miami home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwL8OWhEsts

iconic moment tbh... still gives me the chills everytime

Johnny RIngo
03-25-2015, 12:52 PM
04 fisher 0.4
06 Dirk foul
13 8 turnovers
15 ???

Parker deserves most of the blame for those, not Manu. TP's efficiency in those three series was embarrassing:

2004:

Parker against the Lakers: 42.1 TS%
League average TS that year: 51.6 TS%

Took 22 more shots than prime Duncan in that series while shooting this poorly - The forgotten chucker of 2004. Parker was extremely fortunate that Kobe had an all-time terrible series against the Pistons that year. Made everyone forget how bad Tony was in the playoffs.

2006:

Parker against the Mavs: 47.8 TS%
League average TS that year: 53.6 TS%

Averaged more FGAs than prime Manu and prime Duncan in the playoffs despite being considerably less efficient than either player. Duncan averaged 32 ppg on 62 TS% against Dallas. Manu averaged 21 ppg on 64 TS%. Hard to win a playoff series when you have a shitty third option that's dragging the team down.

2013:

Parker against the Heat: 47.2 TS%
League average TS that year: 53.5 TS%

Kawhi in his 2nd year in the NBA averaged 15/11 on 58 TS% against the Heat while MVP candidate TP was getting outplayed by Mario fucking Chalmers.

Silver&Black
03-25-2015, 12:53 PM
iconic moment tbh... still gives me the chills everytime

Most iconic play of his career??? I'll vote yes....

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Parker deserves most of the blame for those, not Manu. TP's efficiency in those three series was embarrassing:

2004:

Took 22 more shots than prime Duncan in that series while shooting this poorly - The forgotten chucker of 2004. Parker was extremely fortunate that Kobe had an all-time terrible series against the Pistons that year. Made everyone forget how bad Tony was in the playoffs.

2006:

Averaged more FGAs than prime Manu and prime Duncan in the playoffs despite being considerably less efficient than either player. Duncan averaged 32 ppg on 62 TS% against Dallas. Manu averaged 21 ppg on 64 TS%. Hard to win a playoff series when you have a shitty third option that's dragging the team down.

2013:

Kawhi in his 2nd year in the NBA averaged 15/11 on 58 TS% against the Heat while MVP candidate TP was getting outplayed by Mario fucking Chalmers.
http://i.imgur.com/r73VJe3.gif

FkLA
03-25-2015, 01:14 PM

2004:

2006:

Idiots forget that in '04 TP choking after Game 2 when the Spurs had a 2-0 series is the biggest reason why they lost that series. Real similar to the OKC backdoor sweep in '12...dude absolutely disappeared once adjustments were made and the going got tough. In '06 he was a third banana and not a very good one at that. Pretty dumb how the average idiot fan harps on one play instead of looking at series' as a whole tbh.

'13 I'll give him a break since he was guarded by LeBron a lot and he's had a history of shutting down better PGs like MVP Rose.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 01:34 PM

Yeah, I mean it's not like anyone announced a leave of absence.

spurraider21
03-25-2015, 01:52 PM
oh look, a parker thread

Pocho La Pantera
03-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Itīs idiotic to bash your own players, btw both of them gave you 4 rings.

FkLA
03-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I mean it's not like anyone announced a leave of absence.

What does that have to do with posters threatening to post longcats to protest criticism of a player?

K...
03-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Maybe the spurs should revolutionize the nba by omitting the point guard and playing 4 on 5. The defense won't suffer much and the true alphas of the team can increase their godly shot attempts. Seems smarts

K...
03-25-2015, 02:09 PM
What does that have to do with posters threatening to post longcats to protest criticism of a player?

How many long cats were there? I only remember three or so. Likewise deleted threads. But there have been dozens of nights with redundant stub threads trying to flood the forum with "me too, Parker bad" takes.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 02:11 PM

I don't know. You should post another 20 threads about it to find out.

FkLA
03-25-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't know. You should post another 20 threads about it to find out.

Oh ok, so it has nothing to do with it. Thanks for confirming. :tu

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 02:18 PM
oh look, a parker thread
:cry I'm really an Enrique critic, guys! :cry

spurraider21
03-25-2015, 02:21 PM
i am. i agree with most of the anti-parker takes, and have been doing so since he signed his summer extension. i just dont have the urge to spam threads about it.

timtonymanu
03-25-2015, 02:21 PM

2004:

2006:

2013:

:cry But Parker had good raw stats so obviously he was good.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 02:24 PM
:cry But Parker had good raw stats so obviously he was good.

Raw stats and ASG selections defines a player...you don't know anything. :cry

Malik Hairston
03-25-2015, 02:25 PM

Russell Wilson's favorite basketball player is Tony Parker, tbh..pretty easy to figure out where Raider stands:lol..

spurraider21
03-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Russell Wilson's favorite basketball player is Tony Parker, tbh..pretty easy to figure out where Raider stands:lol..
wilson's also a jeebotard, and u know where i stand on that too :lol

dont worry though, i'm sure CN will drop a :lmao emote

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 05:04 PM
14 sending Miami home

manu's never won a finals MVP.

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 05:06 PM
do you know what net rating is tbh?

My eyes don't fool me. All them heartbreaking plays where all Manu's doing.

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Fincher and Dork lost some finals too, even Wilt did DK was a media darling so yes Manu is a legend and the most influencial player after Jordie and Wilt.
Talk about Porker being always perfect...to shit the bed :lmao

Biased ARG fan.

The Spurs lost more because manu always had to play in the summer. Always hurting himself.

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Park prime

Finals MVP

Parker: 1

Manu: 0

and don't you ever fucking forget that.

DarrinS
03-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Why do people blame .4 on Manu. That was a fluky-ass miracle shot.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Why do people blame .4 on Manu. That was a fluky-ass miracle shot.

It's idiotic. Without Manu and Parker we're likely sitting with two rings in the case and a whole lot of "what-ifs".

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 05:45 PM
It's idiotic. Without Manu and Parker we're likely sitting with two rings in the case and a whole lot of "what-ifs".

Without Enrique, you win more than 5 rings.

Mikeanaro
03-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Finals MVP

Parker: 1

Manu: 0

and don't you ever fucking forget that.
Longoria was the MVP, they had lots of media attention because he was marrying that bitch Porky doesnt even have 3% of Manuīs court vision or his athletism thats why he is done at tender 32.
Manu and Timmy never really showed up Cleveland was a joke, Manu even made 27 points in game 4 and had a much much better Plus/Minus than Porky and Timmy combined in the whole Finals series so who is the real MVP?

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Without Enrique, you win more than 5 rings.

A clippers fan talking 'bout rings. :lmao

Arcadian
03-25-2015, 06:13 PM
To be fair, Manu was hated because the Spurs lost the most tragic championship of all time.

Parker is hated because...he got worse, and it doesn't even really matter because the team is still fine?

SpurSwag
03-25-2015, 06:59 PM
-FaPc-1wcCM

one of my favorite manu moments ever, screamed so loud when he hit that

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 07:16 PM

Malik Hairston
03-25-2015, 08:22 PM
Shout out to the Manu fan at spring break, tbh..

http://photos.gq.com/image/upload/v1427225463/1427225463107_spring-break-pablo-frisk-02.jpg

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 08:32 PM

:lol

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 08:32 PM
one of my favorite manu moments ever, screamed so loud when he hit that

I knew he'd take the shot when they called for a time-out.

wildbill2u
03-25-2015, 09:17 PM
You can tell from certain plays and hesitations that Manu realizes his body can't always respond the way it used to. You can tell he's trying to play within his present capabilities.

But sometimes he tries to try the wayback machine and it fails; other times he reaches back and is the old Manu with a wondrous pass or drive or timely Manu tres.

One thing you can never criticize him for is his desire. I've never seen a player with so much determination when he needs it. I was at the GAME 5 last year and believe me that the play that broke the game open wasn't Leonard's shot that gave us the lead. It was Manu's drive through the Heat team for a slam for our next score. Just take a look at a video of that play and look at Manu's expression. He was gonna slam that ball if he had to go through or over the whole Miami team. It started a veritable wall of sound from the fans that lasted for the rest of the game because everyone knew the Spurs simply weren't going to lose.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 11:55 PM

Is that the number of Rang the Spurs will have before the Clippers make the WCF?

Clipper Nation
03-26-2015, 12:11 AM
Is that the number of Rang the Spurs will have before the Clippers make the WCF?

It's the number of rings we won in our Boston days.

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 12:29 AM
It's the number of rings we won in our Boston days.

:lmao

ElNono
03-26-2015, 12:32 AM
One thing you can never criticize him for is his desire. I've never seen a player with so much determination when he needs it. I was at the GAME 5 last year and believe me that the play that broke the game open wasn't Leonard's shot that gave us the lead. It was Manu's drive through the Heat team for a slam for our next score. Just take a look at a video of that play and look at Manu's expression. He was gonna slam that ball if he had to go through or over the whole Miami team. It started a veritable wall of sound from the fans that lasted for the rest of the game because everyone knew the Spurs simply weren't going to lose.

Yeah, he's one of those rare players that when you see him playing like that, you know he won't let you lose. He also was huge with a 5-0 run to get us back in the game after the scuffle with Battier. At some point it was fair to wonder if that Gino was still around, so it was great to see a vintage night from him, especially to seal #5....

FkLA
03-26-2015, 12:47 AM

That competitive fire has been praised by Pop, JVG, Kobe and a shit load of other players/coaches. It's why he's always been San Antonio's favorite son:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_jrLQvRrB4

apalisoc_9
03-26-2015, 12:49 AM
i swear at time it felt like it was the big 2...

Doctor J
03-26-2015, 02:05 AM
This is a great thread. Thank you!

urunobili
03-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Triangle offense on manu's bipolarism...

http://triangleoffense.com/features/the-san-antonio-spurs-still-ride-the-bipolar-play-of-manu-ginobili/

TMTTRIO
03-27-2015, 07:28 PM
By the way Manu decided to not play with his NT this summer. Does that mean he's going to continue playing for the Spurs or is he retiring from basketball for good (including NT).

Johnny RIngo
03-28-2015, 04:08 AM
i swear at time it felt like it was the big 2...

Playoff BPM from 2003 to 2007 seems to support this notion. Duncan and Manu are clearly the two best players on the team during that time period:

http://s5.postimg.org/om3v3tvdj/Spurs_03_07.png