PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Another great story about Dad Killer's leadership..

Malik Hairston
03-25-2015, 01:19 AM
"What set Larry apart from Magic and Jordan was he wasn't an in-your-face leader like they were," Parish said. "He had too much respect for us. If you weren't having a good night, he was more inclined to encourage you, or not say anything at all.

"But Magic and Jordan would jump all over you."

In one of his first practices with the Bulls, Parish botched one of the plays and was amused to find Jordan jawing at him just inches from his face.

"I told him, 'I'm not as enamored with you as these other guys. I've got some rings too,' " Parish recalled. "At that point he told me, 'I'm going to kick your ass.' I took one step closer and said, 'No, you really aren't.' After that he didn't bother me."

:lol..today's social media era's discussion of the week is about Kevin Love saying Westbrook is MVP rather than his teammate Lebron, and Monta Ellis being "moody" with the Mavs front office/coaches..

I can't even imagine how much of an image hit Dad Killer would take today, probably the worst teammate and leader in NBA history, tbh..fortunately, he had the greatest babysitter of all-time as his coach..

Malik Hairston
03-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Kobe got blasted this year for his behavior with his teammates, and his shit pales in comparison to Dad Killer's antics, tbh..

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 01:36 AM
Kobe in comparison to 90's divas is TD, IMO.

Also, Would 90's divas like Malone ever accept playing 2nd banana? Kobe did for three years....

Thebesteva
03-25-2015, 01:48 AM
Kobe in comparison to 90's divas is TD, IMO.

Also, Would 90's divas like Malone ever accept playing 2nd banana? Kobe did for three years....

I love that Kobe and Shaq team, my favorite of all time. But if they had just built around Kobe since day 1 I am still confident he would retire with 4-5 rings. They were ultimately waiting to see if Kobe was going to become Kobe or if he was going to become a Vince Carter.

Calispursfan11
03-25-2015, 01:49 AM
I love that Kobe and Shaq team, my favorite of all time. But if they had just built around Kobe since day 1 I am still confident he would retire with 4-5 rings. They were ultimately waiting to see if Kobe was going to become Kobe or if he was going to become a Vince Carter.

Nice sig man, that your flavor of the week? Nice camera work, keep it up.

FkLA
03-25-2015, 01:55 AM
But if they had just built around Kobe since day 1 I am still confident he would retire with 4-5 rings. They were ultimately waiting to see if Kobe was going to become Kobe or if he was going to become a Vince Carter.

:lmao

That's funny bc he would've been VC if he had been stuck in Toronto or went to Charlotte.

Thebesteva
03-25-2015, 01:56 AM

That's funny bc he would've been VC if he had been stuck in Toronto or went to Charlotte.

Yeah, he doesnt win 5 without the right franchise, I agree with that. That's why he kicked and screamed to come to LA, he needed a BIG market to get the right players around him. But trust me, McGrady and Carter would never win even 1 with that 2009 lakers roster

FkLA
03-25-2015, 02:03 AM
Nope I don't trust you. The frontline was what seperated the Lakers from the rest of the league, noone else had that. Plenty of teams had volume scorers.

Infinite_limit
03-25-2015, 02:11 AM
Nope I don't trust you. The frontline was what seperated the Lakers from the rest of the league, noone else had that. Plenty of teams had volume scorers.
Bynum - Gasol - Odom - Artest

Is one of the biggest lineups since the 80s Celtics

ElNono
03-25-2015, 02:43 AM
Nice sig man, that your flavor of the week? Nice camera work, keep it up.

:lol det avi

Thread
03-25-2015, 06:16 AM
Bynum - Gasol - Odom - Artest

Is one of the biggest lineups since the 80s Celtics

Without Perkins keeling over it would've counted for bupkis.

sendman
03-25-2015, 06:24 AM
One more proof of Kobe wannbe Michael. It worked for Jordan.
Just didn't work for that copycat Bryant.

ambchang
03-25-2015, 07:00 AM
Jordan was a bully and a psychopath, that much is known. The problem with kobe isn't that he is one, it's that he is one strictly for show.

DMC
03-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Mike called the shots, and succeeded in the process. Kobe called the shots sometimes through little tantrums and, when he got his way, failed in basketball. Therein lies the difference between an Alpha and just someone who wants to be considered one.

Buddy Mignon
03-25-2015, 07:48 AM
If Parish hadn't botched the play MJ wouldn't have chewed his sorry ass out. The nerve of him carrying this shit 20 years later.

AlexJones
03-25-2015, 08:00 AM
lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty

TDMVPDPOY
03-25-2015, 08:41 AM
Jordan was a bully and a psychopath, that much is known. The problem with kobe isn't that he is one, it's that he is one strictly for show.

kobe tried to be one, but we all know how that went...

lefty
03-25-2015, 10:22 AM
lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty lefty

Yes MJ was an asshole but he was ALPHA

He would average 60 ppg in today's antiquated NBA tbh

AlexJones
03-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Yes MJ was an asshole but he was ALPHA

He would average 60 ppg in today's antiquated NBA tbh

60 ppg ok sure but his RAPM, PER, COON ratings :cry

lefty
03-25-2015, 10:47 AM
:lol

Thread
03-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Mike called the shots, and succeeded in the process. Kobe called the shots sometimes through little tantrums and, when he got his way, failed in basketball. Therein lies the difference between an Alpha and just someone who wants to be considered one.

Just thank Christ he didn't get his way when he wanted to run Bynum off, eh? I'd be short 2.

Jim Buss

Thread
03-25-2015, 11:06 AM

& the difference(s) twixt? Kobe never got banned from the game for 2 years & Kobe's estrangement from his father does not encompass murder.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 11:08 AM
But if they had just built around Kobe since day 1 I am still confident he would retire with 4-5 rings.

If they had built around Kirby, the Lakers would just be another post-Hakeem Rockets or post-Pippen Blazers, either missing the playoffs or losing in the first round every year.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 11:09 AM

That's an insult to Carter, tbh. Kirby would have been more like a Monta Ellis or a Josh Smith.

Thread
03-25-2015, 11:12 AM

If they had built around Kirby, the Lakers would just be another post-Hakeem Rockets or post-Pippen Blazers, either missing the playoffs or losing in the first round every year.

The proof is in the pudding:::

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1

Thread
03-25-2015, 11:13 AM
That's an insult to Carter, tbh. Kirby (((would have))) been more like a Monta Ellis or a Josh Smith.

lmfao!!!

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 11:21 AM
The proof is in the pudding:::

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1
MVPau: 2

- "Uh, check it, you know how I be... last week, Kobe couldn't do without me."
- Daddy in 2008, MVPau from 2014-present.

Thread
03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
MVPau: 2

- "Uh, check it, you know how I be... last week, Kobe couldn't do without me."
- Daddy in 2008, MVPau from 2014-present.

Pau couldn't win a single playoff game without Kobe holding his hand.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Kirby was shinin' shoes sans MVPau. Lettin' Nash take his cookie & liking it... LMFAO!!!

Thread
03-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Kirby was shinin' shoes sans MVPau. Lettin' Nash take his cookie & liking it... LMFAO!!!

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 11:32 AM
I can only imagine having to listen to sports radio in Phoenix after Nash took a shit on you... Christ! All because Kirby thought he was the alpha. Big shot.

Thread
03-25-2015, 11:35 AM
I can only imagine having to listen to sports radio in Phoenix after Nash took a shit on you... Christ! All because Kirby thought he was the alpha. Big shot.

They let Artest put it back.

tee, hee.

baseline bum
03-25-2015, 11:40 AM

And Dale didnt make a single post until he had Pau carrying his team

Thread
03-25-2015, 11:48 AM
And Dale didnt make a single post until he had Pau carrying his team

I was here after Duncan made that 3 over Daddy.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 12:12 PM
They let Artest put it back.

tee, hee.
Artest carrying Kirby.

Thread
03-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Artest carrying Kirby.

Then vice versa,,,as "you" swore up & down that Kobe was gonna launch that howitzer.

Uh, uh.