PDA

View Full Version : Is Parker Struggling because of the change of Roles?

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 09:51 AM
We know this is a common problem with some players. They are distracted because some other guy is starting to get more touches and their performance suffers.

We see this with Love. We saw this with Dragix this year with the Suns..

Is Parker going through the same stage of denial?

I'm wondering if Pop telling him "you need to be the old" parker was just motivation so he can finally start playing good ball.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-25-2015, 10:01 AM
After 2013, the Spurs offense changed. When is the last time you've seen Parker run through 5 screens for a layup

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 10:03 AM
I think Leonard leading the team in PPG and being widely known around the league as the Champions best player is getting into Parker's head.

TXstbobcat
03-25-2015, 10:04 AM
He is getting older and just isn't as fast as he was in his prime.

RD2191
03-25-2015, 10:06 AM
It's age tbh. And not just his, Duncan used to beast in the paint and would cover Parkers shitty defense. Tim still brings it every now and then but not like he used to.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 10:10 AM
I am talking about the competitive side of the game.

Manu and Tim are old but they are contributing and are a positive because they play their diminished role at a high level.

It doesn't look like Parker is willing to play a reduced role. He sulks all the time..And noticeably in a bad mood when some Kid named Leonard is doing his thing.

It really reminds of Goran this year when he was pissed with his role with the suns.

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Idk, I think it's really just the natural decline of an aging player.

Brazil
03-25-2015, 10:14 AM
No

another silly thread

Parker sucked most of the season because he sucked... because he is old, injured, a pussy vagina... you name it, he has to adapt his game obivously but the fact he has to adapt his game don't make him slower or not hitting his mid range...

:lol making it sound parker is choosing to play badly

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Do you guys think Manu's "Distraction" comments is pointed towards Parker?

SASdynasty!
03-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Last 13 games: 17.8 PPG, 4.9 APG, 2.3 RPG on 53% shooting with a total +141 when on the floor.

RD2191
03-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Parker does strike me as the "I wanna be the man" type of player though. He may not be as vocal as other players but you can tell by his body language. Not saying he's sabotaging the team but something is there.

K...
03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately there is too much not known to speculate. Maybe Tony can dominate only one quarter per game. Maybe he just has an off night. Maybe his hamstring problem reemerged.

Anyway, I think Parker is at best the third most important spurI behind kawhi and splitter. And in general, three point shooting is most important overall.

I'm not pulling the plug on my fanship yet, though. I think they'll get at least past the first round but could wear out if the whole team isn't clicking and they wear out key players.

RD2191
Last 13 games: 17.8 PPG, 4.9 APG, 2.3 RPG on 53% shooting with a total +141 when on the floor.
Inflated against shitty teams and being carried by the starters. Your stats mean nothing.

lefty
Lol antiquated pg

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 10:25 AM
I think Leonard leading the team in PPG and being widely known around the league as the Champions best player is getting into Parker's head.
Good point, Enrique does have a history of jealousy towards his teammates. For instance, when he threw Danny Green under the bus, or when he decided he was entitled to Brent Barry's wife.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Lol antiquated pg

why do you think so brah?

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Parker does strike me as the "I wanna be the man" type of player though. He may not be as vocal as other players but you can tell by his body language. Not saying he's sabotaging the team but something is there.

Maybe maybe not. Living under the shadow of Tim and Manu all of his career may point to the two opposite results.

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 10:29 AM

Maybe maybe not. Living under the shadow of Tim and Manu all of his career may point to the two opposite results.

RD2191
03-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Sure, but I don't think Parker thought a player like Kawhi was going to come along. I'm sure he thought it would be "his" team. That didn't happen and I've always felt bad for Tony because he never got the recognition he deserved but he needs to take a back seat to the younger players.

Johnny RIngo
03-25-2015, 10:35 AM

Manu and Tim are old but they are contributing and are a positive because they play their diminished role at a high level.

It doesn't look like Parker is willing to play a reduced role. He sulks all the time..And noticeably in a bad mood when some Kid named Leonard is doing his thing.

It really reminds of Goran this year when he was pissed with his role with the suns.

I'm not even sure Tony has the ability to be effective in a diminished role. Duncan and Manu are two of the smartest to ever play the game. Parker's kinda mediocre in comparison. If TD and Manu are unable to score on a given night, they can influence the game in other ways. Tony's pretty much useless if he's not scoring the ball. His defense is atrocious for his position, court vision is medicore compared to the other top tier PGs. Not much of a shooter either. He just doesn't have the tools necessary to be effective as a high impact role player.

Also, Manu and Tim are two of the most unselfish players in NBA history. It's unrealistic to expect a narcissistic heroballer like TP to ever accept a reduced role like they do. Guys like him and Kobe refuse to check their egos to the detriment of the team.

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Sure, but I don't think Parker thought a player like Kawhi was going to come along. I'm sure he thought it would be "his" team. That didn't happen and I've always felt bad for Tony because he never got the recognition he deserved but he needs to take a back seat to the younger players.

Nah imho, it was his team before and for the first 2 years of Kawhi. If we won in 2013, Tony would be a god around here. Unfortunately, Pop cost him his alpha-ring.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm not even sure Tony has the ability to be effective in a diminished role. Duncan and Manu are two of the smartest to ever play the game. Parker's kinda mediocre in comparison. If TD and Manu are unable to score on a given night, they can influence the game in other ways. Tony's pretty much useless if he's not scoring the ball. His defense is atrocious for his position, court vision is medicore compared to the other top tier PGs. Not much of a shooter either. He just doesn't have the tools necessary to be effective as a high impact role player.

Also, Manu and Tim are two of the most unselfish players in NBA history. It's unrealistic to expect a narcissistic heroballer like TP to ever accept a reduced role like they do. Guys like him and Kobe refuse to check their egos to the detriment of the team.

What about as a 6th man?

he looks good enough offensively against shitty players..He might be useful as our offensive option of the bench...But Manu will turn the ball over quite a bit as a starting guard so I don't know...

RD2191
03-25-2015, 10:41 AM
Nah imho, it was his team before and for the first 2 years of Kawhi. If we won in 2013, Tony would be a god around here. Unfortunately, Pop cost him his alpha-ring.
Pop didn't cost him anything.

100%duncan
03-25-2015, 10:42 AM

Yeah breh, subbing out Duncan cost us all.

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 10:48 AM

Tim and Manu have skills and attributes that age better than Parker's.
Tim will always be 6'11". He's going to be able to block shots, rebound, and shoot over defenders (sometimes). He can also pass the ball.
Manu is the closer comparison in that he likes to get to the rim. But Manu doesn't just rely on quickness to get there. When he's on, he can hit the 3. And he's a tremendous passer.
Parker's trick was outquicking the defense and getting into the lane. That's it. Doesn't matter how competitive he is, it's not going to significantly make him a better contributor. Maybe he can play better d for a play or two but he just
doesn't have the physical attributes to do much anymore. And it's gotta be tough on the little feller'. The fact that he's sulking tells me that he is competitive and it bothers him that things are how they are. It'd be more disturbing to see him out there giggling and playing grab ass.

MarioSpeedwagon
03-25-2015, 10:49 AM
I dont get all the hate. He's just old. People making it out on here like human genetics functioning the way they always do is his fault or something. Like if he had a different personality he wouldnt age..

Johnny RIngo
03-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Tim and Manu have skills and attributes that age better than Parker's.
Tim will always be 6'11". He's going to be able to block shots, rebound, and shoot over defenders (sometimes). He can also pass the ball.
Manu is the closer comparison in that he likes to get to the rim. But Manu doesn't just rely on quickness to get there. When he's on, he can hit the 3. And he's a tremendous passer.
Parker's trick was outquicking the defense and getting into the lane. That's it. Doesn't matter how competitive he is, it's not going to significantly make him a better contributor. Maybe he can play better d for a play or two but he just
doesn't have the physical attributes to do much anymore. And it's gotta be tough on the little feller'. The fact that he's sulking tells me that he is competitive and it bothers him that things are how they are. It'd be more disturbing to see him out there giggling and playing grab ass.

No doubt Parker will use the French national team this summer as a pick-me-up after he sinks the team out of the playoffs. TP loves to dominate the unathletic Euros at these meaningless tourneys in order to boost his self esteem.

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
No doubt Parker will use the French national team this summer as a pick-me-up after he sinks the team out of the playoffs. TP loves to dominate the unathletic Euros at these meaningless tourneys in order to boost his self esteem.

Hopefully that's another team's problem this year.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 11:26 AM
I dont get all the hate. He's just old. People making it out on here like human genetics functioning the way they always do is his fault or something. Like if he had a different personality he wouldnt age..
He's 32. A 36-year-old Manu legitimately contributed to a title run more recently than Enrique. Duncan's 38 years old and still the co-alpha of the Spurs. If Enrique's too old to play at an NBA level anymore, he must be the inverse of Benjamin Button. :lol

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 11:42 AM
He's 32. A 36-year-old Manu legitimately contributed to a title run more recently than Enrique. Duncan's 38 years old and still the co-alpha of the Spurs. If Enrique's too old to play at an NBA level anymore, he must be the inverse of Benjamin Button. :lol

Parker's played the 2nd most games in Spurs history. Manu has always been a pussy hurting himself every other game. Duncan down year was in 2011 but no one said a word about that. And Kawhi Always bitchin about something, eye, hand, pussy sore from the fucking eills put on him last night.

fuck you and your teams CN.

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Parker's always been the loyal one. Duncan was tempted to bounce to Orlando but Amy saved our ass. Manu visiting denver back in 05. Parker's never tested free agency. Top 3 spurs

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Parker's played the 2nd most games in Spurs history. Manu has always been a pussy hurting himself every other game. Duncan down year was in 2011 but no one said a word about that. And Kawhi Always bitchin about something, eye, hand, pussy sore from the fucking eills put on him last night.

LOL. But there's a point in there. As Avante would say...why is this so hard...

1) Parker has actually probably played more competive games at 32 than anyone else on the team (regardless of age).
2) His ability is almost completely based on his elite level quickness which he doesn't have
3) The aging of the other Spurs means that he isn't getting the same kind of defensive help he did in earlier years

Name any point guards that were really effective at his age. That couldn't shoot the 3 or pass well.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 12:38 PM

Enrique sat out for a month with a sore ass-cheek. He fakes injuries whenever he plays like shit, just like Kirby. Miraculously, he always seems to be healthy enough to play for France, though :lol

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 12:39 PM
Parker's always been the loyal one. Duncan was tempted to bounce to Orlando but Amy saved our ass. Manu visiting denver back in 05. Parker's never tested free agency. Top 3 spurs
Enrique wanted to go to the Knicks :lol

Was Enrique "loyal" when he cheated with a teammate's wife?

Johnny RIngo
03-25-2015, 12:56 PM

It's easy to stay loyal when no one else wants you. Elite, high impact players like Duncan and Manu are of course going to draw interest from other teams.

Brazil
03-25-2015, 01:03 PM

link ?

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 01:23 PM
link ?
After the musical, Stoudemire hinted that he'd be putting together a show of his own on Broadway next season.

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony (http://m.espn.go.com/nba/playercard?playerId=1975) and [told him] that he needs to come here," Stoudemire said while standing on the corner of 47th St. and 8th Ave. after the show. "I've talked to Tony Parker (http://m.espn.go.com/nba/playercard?playerId=1015). Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we'll see if we can work it out."

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=5353451&city=newyork&src=desktop

:lol Enrique
:lol "Loyal"

Mikeanaro
03-25-2015, 01:44 PM
People always forgets TD almost leaving to Orlando too so what about loyalty? nobody wanted Porky, it seems Kool Bob is the real Kanye.

Brazil
03-25-2015, 02:11 PM
After the musical, Stoudemire hinted that he'd be putting together a show of his own on Broadway next season.

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony (http://m.espn.go.com/nba/playercard?playerId=1975) and [told him] that he needs to come here," Stoudemire said while standing on the corner of 47th St. and 8th Ave. after the show. "I've talked to Tony Parker (http://m.espn.go.com/nba/playercard?playerId=1015). Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we'll see if we can work it out."

:rolleyes stoudemire

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 02:28 PM

Damn...we need a time machine and make that happen.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Damn...we need a time machine and make that happen.

FkLA
03-25-2015, 02:39 PM

Truth bomb. Manu had his elite vision to fall back on once he aged. Timmy had his fundamentals. Enrique's main weapon, by far, has been his speed so he doesn't have much to fall back on. Even his 3 pt shooting which Rique fans were bragging about has started regressing to the mean. Agree about his narcissism as well.

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Truth bomb. Manu had his elite vision to fall back on once he aged. Timmy had his fundamentals. Enrique's main weapon, by far, has been his speed so he doesn't have much to fall back on. Even his 3 pt shooting which Rique fans were bragging about has started regressing to the mean. Agree about his narcissism as well.

Three more years of Parker brah..

:depressed

K...
03-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Three more years of Parker brah..

:depressed

Yup some fans should probably move to other teams, other sports, or suicide.

SASdynasty!
03-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Yah and not calling a timeout in OT to run a play.

Beaverfuzz
03-25-2015, 03:47 PM
He is getting older and just isn't as fast as he was in his prime.

There it is, Tony has definitely lost a step.

Pocho La Pantera
03-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Another Parker thread.

DJR210
03-25-2015, 04:32 PM
I think OP raises a valid point, it has to be a lot different being #2 now after all these years of being the primary option. Especially for an offensive minded PG like Parker.

Malik Hairston
03-25-2015, 04:37 PM
I think he's struggling because of the changes in body fat, tbh..

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Enrique sat out for a month with a sore ass-cheek. He fakes injuries whenever he plays like shit, just like Kirby. Miraculously, he always seems to be healthy enough to play for France, though :lol

Manu's sat out more games in his career. Manu's always held his NT to higher priority. Parker's never missed the start of the season because of an injury that happen in the summer. So fuck you.

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 05:00 PM

Was Enrique "loyal" when he cheated with a teammate's wife?

Parker has never tested free agency. Always re-up with the Spurs before his deal. The Knicks garbage is just talk. Actions speak louder than words.

Kool Bob Love
03-25-2015, 05:02 PM
LOL. But there's a point in there. As Avante would say...why is this so hard...

1) Parker has actually probably played more competive games at 32 than anyone else on the team (regardless of age).
2) His ability is almost completely based on his elite level quickness which he doesn't have
3) The aging of the other Spurs means that he isn't getting the same kind of defensive help he did in earlier years

Name any point guards that were really effective at his age. That couldn't shoot the 3 or pass well.

name 3 that's won more than Tony? Go on i fuckin dare u.

DMC
03-25-2015, 05:32 PM
I think Parker is struggling because there's not enough threads here from legriders of a worn out schtick. If we could just get a few more faggots to hop on that schtick, maybe it would improve Tony's game.

spurs10
03-25-2015, 05:44 PM
I think Parker is struggling because there's not enough threads here from legriders of a worn out schtick. If we could just get a few more faggots to hop on that schtick, maybe it would improve Tony's game. :lol I think you have a point!

aal04
03-25-2015, 05:44 PM

Pretty much this.
Gino is super crafty. Tim is super tall, fundamentally sound and flexible. Parker was the quickest in the league. He will drop off faster than the other 2. We are seeing it now

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 05:46 PM
Manu's sat out more games in his career. Manu's always held his NT to higher priority. Parker's never missed the start of the season because of an injury that happen in the summer. So fuck you.

Manu has been actually injured more often.

spurs10
03-25-2015, 05:50 PM
name 3 that's won more than Tony? Go on i fuckin dare u. Well there aren't any playing today. In fact there is no one even close. But if he had a higher BPM we would have done more than be the most winning team in all team sports for the last fifteen years!! Maybe we could have done more than be the most winning team in the history of the NBA! I'm not sure what that could be, maybe we'd get a medal or something!!??? :toast

SASdynasty!
03-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Well there aren't any playing today. In fact there is no one even close. But if he had a higher BPM we would have done more than be the most winning team in all team sports for the last fifteen years!! Maybe we could have done more than be the most winning team in the history of the NBA! I'm not sure what that could be, maybe we'd get a medal or something!!??? :toast
Probably without Tony we would have never lost a game ever. 82-0, 16-0 every season. 13 championships. And if you replaced him with a "good" PG like CP3, you may start to defy mathematical laws and win 15-20 championships in that stretch.