PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone 22 and younger have ADD and prescribed adderal

Darius McCrary
03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
For real, I mean. Why?

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Several reasons. The first of which is that they don't. The prevalence of ADD is something like 9% in children. Which, IMO, is definitely on the high side.

The first problem is that parents want kids to behave like adults. This means if they can't sit still, if they jump around, if they have too much energy... they immediately freak out and take them to a shrink. Shrinks get paid money to prescribe meds, and the entire pharma industry is a racket right now.

Kids are also intaking about 50x more sugar than they did in the 1980s and prior. I mean, I had a lot of candy when I was a kid, but it was moderated by a lot of other stuff that didn't have sugar in it. A grande frappe from Starbucks has like 80g of sugar in it, which is absurd.

Kids are exercising less, recess has been axed at a lot of schools, and they're getting more homework now. More hours of the day spent cooped up -> more of a coiled spring.

There's also a good deal of fear-mongering at work. Parents freak out that their child "might not be normal" if they see any kind of unusual or risky behavior and immediately start self-diagnosing, which leads to an unhealthy feedback loop.

RD2191
03-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Several reasons. The first of which is that they don't. The prevalence of ADD is something like 9% in children. Which, IMO, is definitely on the high side.

The first problem is that parents want kids to behave like adults. This means if they can't sit still, if they jump around, if they have too much energy... they immediately freak out and take them to a shrink. Shrinks get paid money to prescribe meds, and the entire pharma industry is a racket right now.

Kids are also intaking about 50x more sugar than they did in the 1980s and prior. I mean, I had a lot of candy when I was a kid, but it was moderated by a lot of other stuff that didn't have sugar in it. A grande frappe from Starbucks has like 80g of sugar in it, which is absurd.

Kids are exercising less, recess has been axed at a lot of schools, and they're getting more homework now. More hours of the day spent cooped up -> more of a coiled spring.

There's also a good deal of fear-mongering at work. Parents freak out that their child "might not be normal" if they see any kind of unusual or risky behavior and immediately start self-diagnosing, which leads to an unhealthy feedback loop.
My nephew does all of this and I don't know how to control him. I mean he is nuts. He's going to a psychiatrist in a couple of weeks, do you think that's a bad idea?

DisAsTerBot
03-25-2015, 10:49 AM
^ occupational therapist would be ideal. a lot of the time it can be sensory issues.

RD2191
03-25-2015, 10:53 AM
^ occupational therapist would be ideal. a lot of the time it can be sensory issues.
may have to look into that

TDMVPDPOY
03-25-2015, 11:00 AM

sounds like enrique

DisAsTerBot
03-25-2015, 11:01 AM

please do :tu

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 11:05 AM
My nephew does all of this and I don't know how to control him. I mean he is nuts. He's going to a psychiatrist in a couple of weeks, do you think that's a bad idea?

It depends. ADHD is a real condition and some kids do really struggle with any kind of activity that requires them to focus, so if that's the case he might definitely benefit from therapy and perhaps even medication. If he's out of hand to the point that it's disrupting his life (that's a key point there, disorders are generally diagnosed because they prevent a person from living a healthy life), then yes, it's time to get him assessed.

A good baseline to check is, can he complete basic activities that require a bit of mental fortitude? Can he read a book for 10 minutes? Can he do a bit of homework before needing a break? Or is anything that's over 5 minutes of attention unbearable for him?

RD2191
03-25-2015, 11:16 AM
It depends. ADHD is a real condition and some kids do really struggle with any kind of activity that requires them to focus, so if that's the case he might definitely benefit from therapy and perhaps even medication. If he's out of hand to the point that it's disrupting his life (that's a key point there, disorders are generally diagnosed because they prevent a person from living a healthy life), then yes, it's time to get him assessed.

A good baseline to check is, can he complete basic activities that require a bit of mental fortitude? Can he read a book for 10 minutes? Can he do a bit of homework before needing a break? Or is anything that's over 5 minutes of attention unbearable for him?
He's only 3. He gets distracted easily. Bored easily. Runs, jumps, screams constantly. Talks back. Throws things all the time. Behaves pretty badly in public places. Runs away all of the time. I don't wanna be that guy with a child on a leash but I'm running out of options. He can sit and watch tv for a bit but that's rare. I mean he just doesn't listen. I can tell him not to do something 10 times and he'll keep doing it no matter what. I can take lets say a broom away from him and put it in a closet and he will go back every time to get it.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 11:29 AM
He's only 3. He gets distracted easily. Bored easily. Runs, jumps, screams constantly. Talks back. Throws things all the time. Behaves pretty badly in public places. Runs away all of the time. I don't wanna be that guy with a child on a leash but I'm running out of options. He can sit and watch tv for a bit but that's rare. I mean he just doesn't listen. I can tell him not to do something 10 times and he'll keep doing it no matter what. I can take lets say a broom away from him and put it in a closet and he will go back every time to get it.

That might not be ADHD, there could be a number of conditions manifesting based on his behavior. Sounds like there's a lack of discipline at home, as well.

RD2191
03-25-2015, 11:32 AM
That might not be ADHD, there could be a number of conditions manifesting based on his behavior. Sounds like there's a lack of discipline at home, as well.
His dad is in prison and his mother works alot of hours. I'm basically with the kid all of the time. I'm trying my best but it's hard. I'll definitely need to try some different things though. Thanks for the advice.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 11:41 AM
His dad is in prison and his mother works alot of hours. I'm basically with the kid all of the time. I'm trying my best but it's hard. I'll definitely need to try some different things though. Thanks for the advice.

Yep, the kid is probably struggling with authority. It's rough when you're a kid and in that situation. He knows you're not his parent, so your power is somewhat limited. It makes it easier for him to justify that kind of power struggle he pulls you into.

RD2191
03-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Yep, the kid is probably struggling with authority. It's rough when you're a kid and in that situation. He knows you're not his parent, so your power is somewhat limited. It makes it easier for him to justify that kind of power struggle he pulls you into.
yeah, that sounds exactly right. you a shrink or something?:lol

DisAsTerBot
03-25-2015, 12:07 PM
i think cryhavoc and my wife are in the same field if i remember correctly..... early childhood intervention, yes?

The Reckoning
03-25-2015, 12:20 PM
health insurance stopped covering it i think so most of my homies got off it a long time ago

Silver&Black
03-25-2015, 12:23 PM
Not enough of this going on IMO....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsGkk1GGw3w

RD2191
03-25-2015, 12:24 PM

:lol

Trill Clinton
03-25-2015, 12:25 PM
don't put that kid on any psychotropic drugs, fam. put him in an extracurricular activity and keep him busy.

RD2191
03-25-2015, 12:53 PM
don't put that kid on any psychotropic drugs, fam. put him in an extracurricular activity and keep him busy.
Yeah, no drugs for sure. Gonna get him into some sort of martial arts.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 01:31 PM
yeah, that sounds exactly right. you a shrink or something?:lol

i think cryhavoc and my wife are in the same field if i remember correctly..... early childhood intervention, yes?

Indeed. Though I'm not a huge fan of the "medicate first" that some practices follow. There are a lot of good ones out there who only prescribe drugs as a last resort, too.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Yeah, no drugs for sure. Gonna get him into some sort of martial arts.

If he does actually have neurochemical imbalances, he might need medication. Martial arts won't enable a schizophrenic or bipolar individual to get back to a baseline functioning level, for instance. There's a chance the kid needs more than just an outlet if he's so consistently oppositionally defiant. But that said, it has to start with proper reinforcement at home. Maybe talk to his mom and come up with a gameplan for how to deal with his outbursts?

Spur-Addict
03-25-2015, 02:18 PM

:lmao

RD2191
03-25-2015, 08:12 PM
If he does actually have neurochemical imbalances, he might need medication. Martial arts won't enable a schizophrenic or bipolar individual to get back to a baseline functioning level, for instance. There's a chance the kid needs more than just an outlet if he's so consistently oppositionally defiant. But that said, it has to start with proper reinforcement at home. Maybe talk to his mom and come up with a gameplan for how to deal with his outbursts?
How do they test for neurochemical imbalances? And yeah I'll have to get a gameplan going.

DJR210
03-25-2015, 10:13 PM
For real, I mean. Why?

What mg did they prescribe you?

Infinite_limit
03-25-2015, 11:42 PM
Hormones in the American meat & GMO in general. Pitiful standards.

USA roams the globe manipulating, robbing and killing yet still consume, drive and live among 3rd world filth.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 11:55 PM
How do they test for neurochemical imbalances? And yeah I'll have to get a gameplan going.

A number of methods. Urine test for HPL (measures stress/anxiety), blood test to check platelet levels of dopamine, seratonin, and adrenaline. Just for starters.

DMC
03-26-2015, 12:03 AM
You can roll up a newspaper and put in in their ear, light it on fire. If the smoke moves away from their head, they have a positive force inside them. If it moves toward them, they could have mal de ojo.

Get you a glass and a raw huevo. Put said huevo in the glass, put in water to rid evil.. dispose of huevo (do not eat).

RD2191
03-26-2015, 12:06 AM
You can roll up a newspaper and put in in their ear, light it on fire. If the smoke moves away from their head, they have a positive force inside them. If it moves toward them, they could have mal de ojo.

Get you a glass and a raw huevo. Put said huevo in the glass, put in water to rid evil.. dispose of huevo (do not eat).
:lmao

mingus
03-26-2015, 10:16 AM
I think adhd meds are overprescribed. What a lot of people have that are getting prescribed them is laziness and/or low intelligence. These are the people who give the therapeutic uses of different adhd drugs a bad name. Basically, it's probably how medical marijuana (like Xanax is already) will be oveprescribed and misused both both doctors and patients.

mouse
03-26-2015, 10:38 AM
ADD and other bullshit disorders (which were unheard of growing up in the 60s-70s) Is from the parents taking ecstasy in the 80-90s. Scientist , Doctors and medical researchers are still studying the long term effects of this synthetic drug.

It may take 25-30 years before they fully understand the side effects. Keep in mind they been studying the common cold for over 150 years.

Not all ecstasy is made the same mix that with some GMO baby food and a few visits to McDonalds for some delicious Cancer causing artificial chicken nuggets and your child can start to receive SSI benefits like his Autistic sister.

Darius McCrary
03-26-2015, 10:48 AM

Perhaps i should have clarified.
Have you been to grad school?
The number of young 20s people who are prescribed adderall is simply mind blowing. And far higher than 9%. Far higher.

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Perhaps i should have clarified.
Have you been to grad school?
The number of young 20s people who are prescribed adderall is simply mind blowing. And far higher than 9%. Far higher.

Source?

Leetonidas
03-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Classical conditioning tbh. Pavlov figured this shit out a long time ago. Kids are pretty much like dogs, imo

mouse
03-31-2015, 10:59 AM
If Darwin and the Evolutionists theories were even half right humans would have been immune to all deadly diseases as the theory claims survival of the fittest theory man continues to Evolve but we don't see that do we?

Could ADD be linked to sugar?

K3ksKkCOgTw#t