PDA

View Full Version : yeah I've never understood the love for Five Guys

Blake
03-25-2015, 10:50 AM
"..... Some customers have complained on social media that Five Guys is too expensive."I cant afford to eat there anymore,"

Wil Massey wrote on the company's*Facebook page.Others have criticized the chain for using too much oil on its french fries.*"None of this food is good in any way, shape or form," one customer wrote on*Yelp. "It's a passable burger but the meat is never cooked the way you want it. The fries are ... oily, wilted, and all other adjectives you wouldn't want your fries described as. At least they aren't frozen."The top qualities that millennials look for in a restaurant include "great-tasting food," good value, "high-quality food," and "fresh food," as indicated in the chart below from Morgan Stanley.*..."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/five-guys-losing-most-important-192036493.html

Blake
03-25-2015, 10:52 AM
They should have been losing business long ago

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 11:21 AM
Amazing how lazy people are. Making a good burger at home is not hard.
Price of beef at an all time high, the burger joints are going to either 1) pass that on to the customer or 2) cut quality and/or service.
A large tea at these places is about $2 I think.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Five Guys is great because it's a solid burger that you can have on the road in less than 10 minutes with a TON of fresh fries, they literally fill the bag up.

Yes, it's greasy, but this isn't gourmet food. It's fast food. It's meant to be quick and tasty and comforting.

That said, I don't eat there often because it IS overpriced and as ctoa said, I'd rather make a burger at home or if I'm going to pay $10+ for one, it had better be medium rare and a decent cut of meat.

Thread
03-25-2015, 11:41 AM
It's the only decent French fries in fast food and they offer malt vinegar and they're a Coca Cola store. The problems:::no milk shakes, and even if they did they wouldn't use Hagen Daz like Smash does so there's that. They've cut the portion(s) of fries and raised the price. They play their fucking music much too loud.

DarrinS
03-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Great burger and fries, IMO.

Expensive? Compared to what?

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 11:50 AM

not necessarily "compared to what" but relative to what you get.
IMO.

benefactor
03-25-2015, 11:58 AM
They have opened one here but it's across town and in a shitty location as far as traffic goes. A buddy of mine went and said it was good but overrated. Is it that much better than Whataburger? Because I can almost walk to Whataburger from my house.

DarrinS
03-25-2015, 12:01 PM
They have opened one here but it's across town and in a shitty location as far as traffic goes. A buddy of mine went and said it was good but overrated. Is it that much better than Whataburger? Because I can almost walk to Whataburger from my house.

Definitely better than Whataburger.

I can't understand all the love for In-N-Out. That place was great back in the 80's, but it's not the same anymore.

Thread
03-25-2015, 12:40 PM
Definitely better than Whataburger.

I can't understand all the love for In-N-Out. That place was great back in the 80's, but it's not the same anymore.

Yes, though I never went there prior to the turn of the century. The fries are shit, one must hunt burger in the grass, though it's a Coca Cola shop, it's lone redeeming value aside from the large safety pin on the aprons.

IronMexican
03-25-2015, 12:43 PM
Hawkins House of Burgers out here in Watts is much better than In N Out or Five Guys. They have some of the best tasting fries I've ever had and are cheaper compared to what you get.

The Gemini Method
03-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Never did like Five Guys. I'm a pure Californian so In N Out is and always will be a favorite. But I will prefer something from Father's Office or The Habit sometimes. Their fries are pretty horrid though. I usually get them extra crispy. However, homemade is the best. Habanero in the hamburger with your favorite cheese is always a fave.

Blake
03-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Five Guys is great because it's a solid burger that you can have on the road in less than 10 minutes with a TON of fresh fries, they literally fill the bag up.

Yes, it's greasy, but this isn't gourmet food. It's fast food. It's meant to be quick and tasty and comforting.

:lol mmmmmm comforting burgers

There's no drive thru and I don't recall it being any faster than longhorn or chesters.

it also has the worst insane asylum atmosphere.

DJR210
03-25-2015, 01:43 PM
What about Burger-Fi? They're opening one down the street..

Spurminator
03-25-2015, 01:45 PM
The ones I've gone to have been really inconvenient. Crowded, long wait, and a $15 check for a meal I eat about half of. It's good, but Whataburger isn't that much of a burger downgrade for half the price and more speed, and I like their fries a lot more.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 02:04 PM
The ones I've gone to have been really inconvenient. Crowded, long wait, and a $15 check for a meal I eat about half of. It's good, but Whataburger isn't that much of a burger downgrade for half the price and more speed, and I like their fries a lot more.

If you go out to the East Coast, there aren't many decent burger options, or at least there weren't 3-4 years ago. 5G found a market that was open to high priced fast food burgers and went for it. I'm surprised they're flourishing elsewhere tbh, but people on the EC don't have In N Out, or WaB, and Shake Shack is just getting spooled up there.

Spurminator
03-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Now Shake Shack is about the perfect sweet spot for price vs. quality. Great burger.

DarrinS
03-25-2015, 02:10 PM
What about Burger-Fi? They're opening one down the street..

Patty flattened beyond recognition

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 02:11 PM

Bend over, I'll show you a patty flattened beyond recognition.

Spur-Addict
03-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Your wife does.

spurraider21
03-25-2015, 02:19 PM
five guys is in that awkward spot between fast food trash and quality burgers.

if i want a cheap quick fix, i'm going for in n out. if i want to pony up for a burger, i'm going with the counter or the habit

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Avante says it would be better if it was "5 Kids".

cantthinkofanything
03-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Your wife does.

:lol

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Your wife does.

:lmao

DJR210
03-25-2015, 03:52 PM

DJR210
03-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Your wife does.

The Gemini Method
03-25-2015, 03:56 PM

if i want a cheap quick fix, i'm going for in n out. if i want to pony up for a burger, i'm going with the counter or the habit Armenian vato stole my take...but he is SoCal, too so there is some truth in what he said.

hehateme
03-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Your wife does.

oh, dang...

jjktkk
03-25-2015, 04:33 PM
I like 5 guys. The burgers and fries are always hot, unlike in and out burger, plus they always give you a mega amount of fries. It is pricey though.

baseline bum
03-25-2015, 04:45 PM

if i want a cheap quick fix, i'm going for in n out. if i want to pony up for a burger, i'm going with the counter or the habit

Man that place is expensive. It's a decent burger and I used to eat there often because it was right by my work, but even if they were the same price I think I'd usually rather get a Kingburger from the Fatburger in Westwood.

spurraider21
03-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Man that place is expensive. It's a decent burger and I used to eat there often because it was right by my work, but even if they were the same price I think I'd usually rather get a Kingburger from the Fatburger in Westwood.
yeah its pricy, but its pretty damn good

ohmwrecker
03-25-2015, 06:40 PM
You dopes should learn to cook.

benefactor
03-25-2015, 07:08 PM
We've had several specialty burger places open here over the past year. If I really want to go out of the way to get a good burger I'll hit one of those up.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Gotta love the snooty libtards who tell us all to "learn to cook" in fast food threads. Some of us enjoy eating out sometimes, faggots, get over it.

As for Five Guys, it's really not bad, tbh. The reviewers seemed to be expecting some gourmet meal or something.

Infinite_limit
03-25-2015, 07:26 PM
It's expensive compared only to In N Out, but that's an unbeatable deal: DoubleDouble + Fries < $5

Five Guys is 1-Cheeseburger All the Way: $7

Mark in Austin
03-25-2015, 07:43 PM
one of the few places that will put fresh, not pickled jalapenos on the burger. Its the only reason I still go there occasionally.

Pauly D
03-25-2015, 09:44 PM
from my old thread http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204799&highlight=five+guys

basically...

Was I tripping or is this place the most overrated landfill of a restaurant? The burgers were about an inch in diameter and pretty average, I would've enjoyed them if they didn't cost $5. The fries...:lol...were the biggest fucking joke I've ever tasted. They give you a big mound of salty mess that tastes like plain potato sprinkled with salt. I'd take reheated microwaved fries from anywhere else over those cause they'd be half the price and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. I was super bummed out cause all I've heard is that this place along side In-N-Out are supposed to be another tier of burger places, fucking bullshit

The only thing that makes sense is that it's a unique place so pretentious losers who like ranking burger joints fall for the bullshit. Even the atmosphere was aweful. The kitchen is practically part of the dining area as if anyone gives a shit about watching their food being made and it's always loud

not myself but the best point of all...

Five Guys and In-n-Out are not popular because their food is particularly good. They are popular because of their geographic origins in Maryland/DC and California, respectively, and the liberal white culture in those places. Expressing an affinity for Five Guys or In-n-Out is one of many signals that white cultural liberals use to identify one another. These signals are important to white liberals so that they can differentiate themselves from WKWP (wrong kind of white people), i.e. Christians, conservatives, rednecks, etc.

fast food snobs are the worst. Can't believe I'm saying this but they're even worse than beer snobs. At least with beer most people don't partake in so I'm sure there's a sense of community or culture, but with fast food everyone that's not vegetarian partakes and it's all shit. Stop fucking pretending and just admit that you eat at one of the main chains and you enjoy it just as much as the others

Pauly D
03-25-2015, 09:54 PM

That said, I don't eat there often because it IS overpriced and as ctoa said, I'd rather make a burger at home or if I'm going to pay $10+ for one, it had better be medium rare and a decent cut of meat.

>solid burger
a burger the size of a hockey puck isn't "solid" (I think hockey pucks are small?...)

>fresh fries
what in the fuck is fresh about a mound of salty soggy potato

It's the only decent French fries in fast food and they offer malt vinegar and they're a Coca Cola store. The problems:::no milk shakes, and even if they did they wouldn't use Hagen Daz like Smash does so there's that. They've cut the portion(s) of fries and raised the price. They play their fucking music much too loud.

what's wrong with you people? And "expensive compared to what?" How bout every other place that gives you a decent sized burger

The reviewers seemed to be expecting some gourmet meal or something.

maybe no one would expect that if people didn't talk about it as anything more than just another place that sells shitty food fast and easy. Biggest difference is you'll pay around $11 there as opposed to around $8 most other places

btw, In N Out is pretty much just as overrated. It seems to be even more beloved than 5 Guys but at least their food is decent. Still overpriced

DJR210
03-25-2015, 10:07 PM
You dopes should learn to cook.

I'm a beast in the kitchen tbh, great on the grill too

SupremeGuy
03-25-2015, 11:44 PM
Your wife does.:rollin

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 11:56 PM

The Counter is a fucking amazing burger, I just went there tonight. :tu

Cry Havoc
03-25-2015, 11:58 PM
Gotta love the snooty libtards who tell us all to "learn to cook" in fast food threads. Some of us enjoy eating out sometimes, faggots, get over it.

As for Five Guys, it's really not bad, tbh. The reviewers seemed to be expecting some gourmet meal or something.

^

hurr durr if you ever go out to eat you don't know how to cook. The fuck is that shit, I cook at least 4x a week, and have 2-3 meals of leftovers.

Clipper Nation
03-26-2015, 12:58 AM
maybe no one would expect that if people didn't talk about it as anything more than just another place that sells shitty food fast and easy. Biggest difference is you'll pay around $11 there as opposed to around $8 most other places

Oh, I agree, it's overhyped and overpriced, but the food's not bad either. I actually like their fries.

MI21
03-26-2015, 03:27 AM
You guys are real spoilt for burger choices. I'm not much into fast food, but am a sucker for burgers big time.

In Australia it's either McDonalds, Burger King or the more boutique burger joints which sting you about $20 for a burger, fries and drink.

I did enjoy In n Out and Shake Shack more than a few times while in the US, tbh

mrsmaalox
03-26-2015, 09:31 AM
Don't care for Five Guys at all. The burger has a decent flavor but the challenge of getting more than 4 bites in before it disintegrates is more than I care to deal with. I'm not a fan of drippy, sloppy burgers that end up in a pile before you're full. I was impressed with the portion of fries until I dumped them out and found nothing but potato "nubs", not long full cut fries----that has happened on both my visits, I will never go there again.

Pauly D
03-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Don't care for Five Guys at all. The burger has a decent flavor but the challenge of getting more than 4 bites in before it disintegrates is more than I care to deal with. I'm not a fan of drippy, sloppy burgers that end up in a pile before you're full. I was impressed with the portion of fries until I dumped them out and found nothing but potato "nubs", not long full cut fries----that has happened on both my visits, I will never go there again.

My "FUCK FIVE GUYS" teammate from my old thread strikes again

Thread
03-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Don't care for Five Guys at all. The burger has a decent flavor but the challenge of getting more than 4 bites in before it disintegrates is more than I care to deal with. I'm not a fan of drippy, sloppy burgers that end up in a pile before you're full. {{{I was impressed with the portion of fries until I dumped them out and found nothing but potato "nubs", not long full cut fries----that has happened on both my visits,}}} I will never go there again.

A lot of grim truth here.

Though I'm fortunate in that I just get a double burger with cheese and nothing else. I want to taste the burger, ipso facto it doesn't end up in the proverbial pile. You're dead on with the fries, and it was not like that when they first got here to the Phoenix metro area. But, it has been that way for a couple years now and that is a shame.

RD2191
03-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Your wife does.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Robin-Lopez-Suns-Bench-Shock-Reaction.gif

cantthinkofanything
03-26-2015, 11:10 AM

Bend over, I'll show you a drippy sloppy burger.

RD2191
03-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Bend over, I'll show you a drippy sloppy burger.

bigzak25
03-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Never been to 5 guys, but I went to in and out a month ago...cheap shitty tasting food.

baseline bum
03-26-2015, 12:47 PM
The Counter is a fucking amazing burger, I just went there tonight. :tu

Damn you and spursraider some highbrow niggas. If you're sill in LA today and want some badass Mexican, check El Tepeyac Cafe in East LA.

baseline bum
03-26-2015, 12:48 PM
I have still never had a burger that can fuck with Chris Madrid's cheddar cheezy.

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Damn you and spursraider some highbrow niggas. If you're sill in LA today and want some badass Mexican, check El Tepeyac Cafe in East LA.

I'm north near SF, actually. Don't get down to LA much.

baseline bum
03-26-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm north near SF, actually. Don't get down to LA much.

Shit, I didnt know it was a chain. I thought it was just the one place in Santa Monica.

Thread
03-26-2015, 01:49 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Robin-Lopez-Suns-Bench-Shock-Reaction.gif

Lettin' Artest put it back was imminent.

Look at 'em, acting like they'd won something. Motherfuckers. & Marjerle, he musta had a makeover that afternoon. Even Hill, as upper crust as he portends to be---stoops. Motherfucker. Every time I see this I want to beat the shit out somebody.

SnakeBoy
03-26-2015, 02:02 PM
I have still never had a burger that can fuck with Chris Madrid's cheddar cheezy.

Flaming jalapeno w/cheddar was my favorite. I haven't been there since Chris Madrid dropped dead from too much of his own food, is it still the same?

IronMexican
03-26-2015, 02:04 PM

baseline bum
03-26-2015, 02:30 PM
Flaming jalapeno w/cheddar was my favorite. I haven't been there since Chris Madrid dropped dead from too much of his own food, is it still the same?

Exactly the same as it was 20 years ago.

Blake
03-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Lettin' Artest put it back was imminent.

Look at 'em, acting like they'd won something. Motherfuckers. & Marjerle, he musta had a makeover that afternoon. Even Hill, as upper crust as he portends to be---stoops. Motherfucker. Every time I see this I want to beat the shit out somebody.

Lol

HI-FI
03-26-2015, 09:03 PM
almost had Five Guys tonight, been awhile but didn't go.
In n Out is alright, it's from Cali so it will be ridiculously overrated, but it's a good deal for the price. Haven't been back to In N Out since I found two hairs in my burger. fuck that shit.

Your wife does.
never gets old.

Thread
03-26-2015, 09:12 PM
^I couldn't resist, HI, and just returned from there. With jaundiced eye it was much as we've complained about, the butt end of fries, and a regular order is quite small. For a Cheeseburger, Regular Fries and a Small Coca Cola was 15 smackers. The burger was tolerable, the fries just awful, plus I was forced to sit on one of those high chairs in order to be by myself and it was miserable. And the music just blared.

And I'm still gd hungry.

benefactor
03-26-2015, 10:07 PM
^I couldn't resist, HI, and just returned from there. With jaundiced eye it was much as we've complained about, the butt end of fries, and a regular order is quite small. For a Cheeseburger, Regular Fries and a Small Coca Cola was 15 smackers. The burger was tolerable, the fries just awful, plus I was forced to sit on one of those high chairs in order to be by myself and it was miserable. And the music just blared.

And I'm still gd hungry.
Culburn...you need to come to Texas and have Whataburger. I think it would change your life forever. The patty melt is glorious.

DMC
03-26-2015, 10:12 PM
Fuck expensive burgers. It's a fucking burger.

If you're going to spend 15 bucks, spend another 10 and get a steak and baked potato. You can get a decent burger at Dan's in Austin, not expensive either.

Blake
03-26-2015, 10:20 PM

If you're going to spend 15 bucks, spend another 10 and get a steak and baked potato. You can get a decent burger at Dan's in Austin, not expensive either.

Lol for $15 you can get a decent ribeye in SA at Cheddars that comes with two sides

DMC
03-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Not a fan of the ribeye.

Spurs9
03-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Love 5guys burger and some Cajun fries for fast food when I'm feeling lazy. I usually make burgers on the grill though, and it's much cheaper. I think 5 guys is better than in n out tbh. There's lots of good resturants where you can get a burger and fries for about the same price.

Infinite_limit
03-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Love 5guys burger and some Cajun fries for fast food when I'm feeling lazy. I usually make burgers on the grill though, and it's much cheaper. I think 5 guys is better than in n out tbh. There's lots of good resturants where you can get a burger and fries for about the same price.
Of course it's better than In N Out but twice the price

baseline bum
03-26-2015, 11:15 PM

Gotta agree with this. No fucking burger is ever going to touch a bloody NY Strip.

Thread
03-26-2015, 11:56 PM
Culburn...you need to come to Texas and have Whataburger. I think it would change your life forever. The patty melt is glorious.

We have them here and I love that patty melt, but, that quality has been waning as well. Only 2/3 of the burger and toast is fine. The outer third is dry and stiff.

Infinite_limit
03-27-2015, 12:02 AM
We have them here and I love that patty melt, but, that quality has been waning as well. Only 2/3 of the burger and toast is fine. The outer third is dry and stiff.
I'm gonna pass on Burger King i mean Whataburger

http://a3.urbancdn.com/w/s/RY/appKEhoeWfprPr-640m.jpg

Thread
03-27-2015, 12:07 AM

Exactly. That ain't right. I've seen it made & presented in a manner that is simply glorious & scrumptious. But, again it's been years and I've just put up with the precipitous decline because I'm always trying to get back "there."

Infinite_limit
03-27-2015, 12:17 AM
Exactly. That ain't right. I've seen it made & presented in a manner that is simply glorious & scrumptious. But, again it's been years and I've just put up with the precipitous decline because I'm always trying to get back "there."
I do remember 5+ years ago people East of Colorado raving about Whataburger. I think In N Out expanding to an end to that.

DJR210
03-27-2015, 12:23 AM
Lol for $15 you can get a decent ribeye in SA at Cheddars that comes with two sides

Porterhouse or GTFO

spurraider21
03-27-2015, 12:47 AM
Gotta agree with this. No fucking burger is ever going to touch a bloody NY Strip.
of course. but a damn good steak could easily run 40+... such is life on the west coast

Thread
03-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Porterhouse or GTFO

Or, barrel's bottom at The Waffle House, where the t-bone has a serial number pressed into the fat side.

monosylab1k
03-27-2015, 06:00 AM
The fries are the most greasy, disgusting things I've ever eaten.

DMC
03-27-2015, 08:50 AM
The fries are the most greasy, disgusting things I've ever eaten.
You haven't met Blake's wife obviously.

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 09:06 AM
You haven't met Blake's wife obviously.

Blake
03-27-2015, 09:36 AM
Porterhouse or GTFO

you'd think the premier cuts would be premier taste across the board, but for me it depends on the restaurant.

like at Saltgrass, I've tried all the cuts but "Pat's Ribeye" has the best flavor/tender of any of their steaks, imo

Blake
03-27-2015, 09:40 AM

Why are you using a picture with bread.

The presentation is bad, but that still looks pretty tasty, especially if you throw in some spicy ketchup fir the fries

Blake
03-27-2015, 09:42 AM
On second thought it looks nasty.

where's the lettuce tomato onion etc

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 09:44 AM
you'd think the premier cuts would be premier taste across the board, but for me it depends on the restaurant.

like at Saltgrass, I've tried all the cuts but "Pat's Ribeye" has the best flavor/tender of any of their steaks, imo

This is so true. I also think the thicker the cut, the easier it is to fuck up. Not just the cooking but the taste as well.
If a NY Strip is on the menu, I will always go for that. Seems to always have the best flavor. Or if not, it's the easiest to doctor up with steak sauce.

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 09:44 AM
On second thought it looks nasty.

where's the lettuce tomato onion etc

your mom's vag

pgardn
03-27-2015, 09:51 AM
Fuck presentation.

Ill go out and pick a MFing clover in a field and put it next to your burger if you want to sit in the joint to eat fast food.

Blake
03-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Fuck presentation.

Ill go out and pick a MFing clover in a field and put it next to your burger if you want to sit in the joint to eat fast food.

Gross

gameFACE
03-27-2015, 10:03 AM
Never been to 5 Guys. I might have to this week go and report back. Tried Smash Burger once. It was..............meh.

DMC
03-27-2015, 11:16 AM
If presentation isn't important, just make a ball of shit of it and throw it in a bag.

Thread
03-27-2015, 11:20 AM
Why are you using a picture with bread.

The presentation is bad, but that still looks pretty tasty, especially if you throw in some spicy ketchup fir the fries

No, somebody pressed the flat of their (hopefully plastic gloved) hand on top of that Texas toast and it caused the whole kit & caboodle to slide stage left. All the (secret sauce) cannot possibly be adequately distributed this way. You'll have a couple bites of orgiastic delight as you hit the mother lode, but, that's it. All the other bites will be chasing the aforementioned orgiastic 2.

SnakeBoy
03-27-2015, 11:28 AM

lol thinking a $15 steak is a premier cut.

Blake
03-27-2015, 11:42 AM
lol thinking a $15 steak is a premier cut.

nope, rif.

Pauly D
03-27-2015, 12:15 PM
I don't know what's more annoying, this bullshit in depth talk about steaks and burgers or when mexicans rip on some popular local mexican restaurant by saying "Maaan _____________ isn't real mexican food!"

:rolleyes

Enough. At some point it really doesn't fucking matter. There's shitty food and there's good food. Most restaurants are good. What's GREAT food is personal preference and not much actual difference

DJR210
03-27-2015, 12:20 PM

I haven't tried Saltgrass, but I hear it's good. I personally like Texas Roadhouse, the 23 oz. medium rare porterhouse I ordered there the last time was flawless, and the best steak I've ever had tbh.

manufan10
03-27-2015, 12:26 PM
The only time I've been to Five Guys was at Miami Beach. It was a decent burger. I loved the fries though, especially the amount they gave.

DJR210
03-27-2015, 12:36 PM
All this talk about fries got me thinking bout some Wingstop fries and blue cheese tbh

Trill Clinton
03-27-2015, 01:06 PM
burger threads always do numbers

Pauly D
03-27-2015, 01:38 PM
I haven't tried Saltgrass, but I hear it's good. I personally like Texas Roadhouse, the 23 oz. medium rare porterhouse I ordered there the last time was flawless, and the best steak I've ever had tbh.

I'm expecting some scoffing to this. Texas Roadhouse is the most popular restaurant where I'm from, far too mainstream to be worth discussing in here

Blake
03-27-2015, 01:55 PM
I never think to get a steak from roadhouse. just doesn't sound good, but I'll try it.

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm expecting some scoffing to this. Texas Roadhouse is the most popular restaurant where I'm from, far too mainstream to be worth discussing in here

I never think to get a steak from roadhouse. just doesn't sound good, but I'll try it.

My wife always gets the petite filet there. Sometimes, it's pretty good Most of the time, just OK. Sometimes, the waiter will ask if she wants them to butterfly it so it will cook faster. But either way, it seems to be a coin flip whether they can cook it to what she ordered.

DJR210
03-27-2015, 02:10 PM

Chain restaurant or not, that shit was fucking perfect.

DJR210
03-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Sometimes, the waiter will ask if she wants them to butterfly it so it will cook faster. But either way, it seems to be a coin flip whether they can cook it to what she ordered.

Butterflying the steak fucking ruins that shit.. all the juice runs out

Infinite_limit
03-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Carls Jr is underrated for fast food. Use of vegetables and charbroiled is respected

http://www.poisonappleshirts.com/ohsofat/052509porta2.jpg

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Butterflying the steak fucking ruins that shit.. all the juice runs out

right. that was the point. she always tells them no. And when she gets it, half the time, it's not medium as ordered. And it's never as simple as it being medium rare and just throwing it back on (which is bullshit anyway). It's usually well done. But other times, its bloody on the inside and burnt on the out.

When they get it right, it's pretty good. But to me, it's not worth the trouble of sending it back. So I get the chicken and ribs.

Blake
03-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Carls Jr is underrated for fast food. Use of vegetables and charbroiled is respected

Looks good to me. But u gonna have to get diet coke and apple wedges to avoid turning Avante

Thread
03-27-2015, 03:18 PM

But, it is rarely as above, Inf. I've never seen it like ^that^. Ever.

***And I know it's weird and perhaps anal, but, I almost can see a mouse face (eyes) & snout & the tail extending out the back directly left of the tomato slice, gd it.

SnakeBoy
03-27-2015, 03:52 PM

***And I know it's weird and perhaps anal, but, I almost can see a mouse face (eyes) & snout & the tail extending out the back directly left of the tomato slice, gd it.

Pretty sure that's Jesus.

Yeah Carl's Jr is underrated.

Infinite_limit
03-27-2015, 04:09 PM

As with most Fast Food, you are far more likely to get quality when you dine in.

Thread
03-27-2015, 04:15 PM
As with most Fast Food, you are far more likely to get quality when you dine in.

Absolutely. They have to face you.

RD2191
03-27-2015, 04:35 PM
I don't know what's more annoying, this bullshit in depth talk about steaks and burgers or when mexicans rip on some popular local mexican restaurant by saying "Maaan _____________ isn't real mexican food!"

:rolleyes

Enough. At some point it really doesn't fucking matter. There's shitty food and there's good food. Most restaurants are good. What's GREAT food is personal preference and not much actual difference
Mexican food is tricky imo. It varies by region so you never know what you're gonna get. A burger is a burger imo. All pretty much taste the fucking same.

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Mexican food is tricky imo. It varies by region so you never know what you're gonna get. A burger is a burger imo. All pretty much taste the fucking same.

LOL. Racist.

RD2191
03-27-2015, 04:43 PM
LOL. Racist.
Not really. For instance I hate Mexican from Mexico. I love Tex-Mex food.

Infinite_limit
03-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Mexican-American scum

RD2191
03-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Mexican-American scum
:wakeup

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 04:51 PM

what about blacks from Blakfrica?

Infinite_limit
03-27-2015, 04:56 PM
:wakeup
http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/taco-bell-cheese-burger-burrito.jpg

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 04:58 PM
http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/taco-bell-cheese-burger-burrito.jpg

m>s would approve since it's uncircumcised.

Pauly D
03-27-2015, 05:15 PM
Chain restaurant or not, that shit was fucking perfect.

I know. I'm not one of the douchey amateur food critics in here

Feel the same about both. I hear it all the time with mexican food. All I can think is "No, Jose, you're grandma's food isn't any higher quality than this restaurant's. Sorry, get over yourself."

CosmicCowboy
03-27-2015, 05:54 PM

That's my go to: WB patty melt add lettuce, tomato, grilled jalapeņos.

Freaking rocks.

RD2191
03-27-2015, 06:05 PM
I know. I'm not one of the douchey amateur food critics in here

Feel the same about both. I hear it all the time with mexican food. All I can think is "No, Jose, you're grandma's food isn't any higher quality than this restaurant's. Sorry, get over yourself."
Not necessarily quality but regional variances in flavors/spices/seasonings and way of preparation.

DJR210
03-27-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm two months sober on any kind of junk food..no sodas, no Monster (my coffee).. fuck all you motherfuckers for posting all these wonderful pics

baseline bum
03-27-2015, 06:36 PM

You're crazy son, mole poblano, cochinita pibil, al pastor are some good shit.

baseline bum
03-27-2015, 06:38 PM

A burger in Mexico is pretty badass since they put a slice of ham on it too

baseline bum
03-27-2015, 06:39 PM

Western bacon ftw

Infinite_limit
03-27-2015, 06:52 PM
Western bacon ftw
Look, it's a guilty pleasure of mine from time to time but I never truly feel satisfied after eating one. It's ultimately just meat and onion rings. Needs vegetables. I get the Famous Star w/cheese more often.

$3

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/84/2939/640/famous_star_with_cheese.jpg

DJR210
03-27-2015, 06:58 PM
Western bacon ftw

What you know about that baseline bum?

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/30/35/52/6412990/3/622x350.jpg

RD2191
03-27-2015, 07:21 PM
A burger in Mexico is pretty badass since they put a slice of ham on it too
Haven't been in a long time, tbh. Sounds good though.

RD2191
03-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Am I the only one that thinks lettuce is fucking pointless? It has zero flavor and is disgusting when it gets hot and soggy.

Infinite_limit
03-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Am I the only one that thinks lettuce is fucking pointless? It has zero flavor and is disgusting when it gets hot and soggy.
I dig both styles but if I'm paying more than 5 bucks I want lettuce crunch, tomatoes & onions freshness and pickles.

Sidenote: I remember Ramsey's show he encountered a restaurant serving for appetizer grilled lettuce. Blew his mind

baseline bum
03-27-2015, 07:36 PM
What you know about that baseline bum?

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/30/35/52/6412990/3/622x350.jpg

You threw bacon and an onion ring on a fucking cheddar cheezy? You're my hero nigga.

baseline bum
03-27-2015, 07:36 PM
Sidenote: I remember Ramsey's show he encountered a restaurant serving for appetizer grilled lettuce. Blew his mind

DJR210
03-27-2015, 08:07 PM

Yeah, it doesn't have much flavor, but I still prefer it on my burger. I guess it's just filler and for color.

Now red onions are grilled onions really add something IMO.

cantthinkofanything
03-27-2015, 08:29 PM

Bend over, I'll show you hot and soggy

Blake
03-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Bend over, I'll show you hot and soggy

Seems like anyone could say your wife already did right here after any of these cubby zings

sandman
03-30-2015, 07:08 AM
My wife and I both think the same thing of Five guys: in the States it is a middle of the road burger joint that is good to go to occasionally, but definitely not the top spot. Over here in London though with crappy British beef and wanting to put camembert and arugula and all kinds of other shit to make it "gourmet", Five Guys is THE place to get a decent burger and fries. And don't get me started on what a milkshake means here, which is basically ice cold milk with flavoring. Five Guys is the only place to get one thick enough to need a spoon.

baseline bum
03-30-2015, 08:10 AM
And don't get me started on what a milkshake means here, which is basically ice cold milk with flavoring. Five Guys is the only place to get one thick enough to need a spoon.

Blech! I made the mistake of ordering one in NZ and couldn't believe it was just fucking milk and powder.

unleashbaynes
03-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Been there once, burger is tiny for the price and they justified the rape of my wallet by giving me way too many of their shitty ass fries.

Culver's is my shit tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
03-30-2015, 09:03 AM
is the lettuce or tomato making the burger soggy?

i dont usually ask for tomatoes in me burgers

red turnips love that shit

Aztecfan03
04-07-2015, 11:32 PM
http://youtu.be/OEGvc3S41AA

I want to go to Texas so I can try this.

Pauly D
04-07-2015, 11:37 PM
Couldn't sit through all that shit. Too many slanted eyes

It's so weird to think of Whataburger as a special place. I associate it with shitty drunken or hangover food.