PDA

View Full Version : The Coast Guard! Fucking A!

Clandestino
09-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Just saw on tv, they rescued some dude AND HIS DOG off a rooftop. A lot of times rescuers don't rescue the pets. That was pretty cool!

TheTruth
09-05-2005, 09:33 AM
The Coast Guard is kicking ass in The Gulf.
Great to see them getting all the positive press they never have gotten before.

Al Sharpton
09-05-2005, 10:31 AM
where was they 6 days ago?

Useruser666
09-05-2005, 10:33 AM
They were there.

clubalien
09-05-2005, 11:07 AM
coats gaurd is one of the fastest to respond however i just don't think they have ENOUGH chopters considering how many peopel needed to be rescued to three states

Trainwreck2100
09-05-2005, 11:10 AM
God bless those Navy rejects

Dan Rather
09-05-2005, 11:14 AM
meanwhile the drugs just keep comming in......

Vashner
09-05-2005, 11:41 AM

STFU idiot.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-05-2005, 11:46 AM
I heard a press conference by the head of the CG yesterday, he said they had rescued more people Tuesday - THursday in New Orleans than they rescued COMBINED in all of the US in the last FOUR YEARS.

That's pretty amazing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Guess those CG PSAs on The Ticket 760 have worked.

JK. Go Coast Guard!

Trainwreck2100
09-05-2005, 11:48 AM
STFU idiot.

Well we known somebady doesn't watch the Simpsons

Vashner
09-05-2005, 12:15 PM
You know that members of my family have served in the USCG and it's a bullshit statement to imply they are Navy rejects.

Trainwreck2100
09-05-2005, 12:17 PM
I was just quoting the Simpsons

TOP-CHERRY
09-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Just saw on tv, they rescued some dude AND HIS DOG off a rooftop. A lot of times rescuers don't rescue the pets. That was pretty cool!
That's good to hear. I've seen a lot of pets basically waiting to die after being left behind... pretty sad.

Vashner
09-05-2005, 12:22 PM
A coast guard member is one that would risk his or her life for YOU and YOUR family.. 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. In this time of disaster it's just poor taste. Also you forgot to attach smiley.

Trainwreck2100
09-05-2005, 12:35 PM
A coast guard member is one that would risk his or her life for YOU and YOUR family.. 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. In this time of disaster it's just poor taste. Also you forgot to attach smiley.

1. it's never in poor taste to quote the Simpsons, cept maybe funerals. This was wasn't started to talk about the disaster, but to celebrate the coast guards accomplishments.
2. A smiley would have just made it look sardonic.

T Park
09-05-2005, 02:59 PM
IT wasn't even that fuckin funny...

Props to all the people helping out out there.

You all are the best.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh, please.

If you come to this place looking for no sarcastic remarks and crass humor, then the structure of your posts are going to be weaker than buildings in New Orleans.

And I wasn't aware that there was a stylebook to SpursTalk posts.

SpursWoman
09-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh, please.

If you come to this place looking for no sarcastic remarks and crass humor, then the structure of your posts are going to be weaker than buildings in New Orleans.

And I wasn't aware that there was a stylebook to SpursTalk posts.

No kidding. I keep telling boutons that he is rude, crude and socially unacceptable and he refuses to chill....so, read at your own risk.

And I don't watch the Simpsons, so I thought originally that his post was in poor taste, too....but, c'est la vie. :)

E20
09-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Why is it so speacial that they saved his dog that made Clan bold it.........

SpursWoman
09-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Why is it so speacial that they saved his dog that made Clan bold it.........

Because they haven't been....they've shown a few on the news when they've rescued the pet owner but just left the animals there to fend for themselves/die.

E20
09-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Because they haven't been....they've shown a few on the news when they've rescued the pet owner but just left the animals there to fend for themselves/die.

That's pretty jacked....
I thought the average pet owner cared enough for his pet to save him or the average person would help an animal out if it was in danger/hurt.........

SpursWoman
09-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Now they just showed this other lady that's been doing a lot to help others evacuate...now it's her turn to go and she's crying her eyes out because they won't let her take hers.

That is so fucking sad... :depressed :cry

ShoogarBear
09-05-2005, 04:52 PM
And I don't watch the Simpsons
Wha-wha-whaaaat?

This is the first thing you've ever posted that made me think less of you.

:depressed

Jelly
09-05-2005, 05:01 PM
ShoogarBear - You really are a man of few words...and this is the longest post I've ever seen from you. Why so mysterious?

exstatic
09-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Surprised that the title of the thread wasn't:

"Stupid, below sea level living, non-evacuee endangers pet and Coast Guard and gets more help than he deserves, which is none, which coincidentally is what these losers will get from me!"

IceColdBrewski
09-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Good for the Coast Guard. But lets not forget the branch of service that's doing most of the work down there. The U.S. Army.

thispego
09-05-2005, 05:41 PM
why the hell would they have to leave pets behind when they are rescuing people??? that doesnt make any sense... like a dog would take up that much more fucking room, that is just wrong to pluck somebody from their rooftop who has been waiting there for 3-4 days only to tell them tthat they are safe but their beloved housepet must stay behind and die. What is that bullshit?????

Vashner
09-05-2005, 05:43 PM
why the hell would they have to leave pets behind when they are rescuing people??? that doesnt make any sense... like a dog would take up that much more fucking room, that is just wrong to pluck somebody from their rooftop who has been waiting there for 3-4 days only to tell them tthat they are safe but their beloved housepet must stay behind and die. What is that bullshit?????

Because the faster they work the more humans they can save. 1 Pet is not worth the life of 1 human. If they had to stop for every pet maybe 100-1000 people would die... They have been pulling up 3000 people a day with choppers if you added pet's that would cut each flight sorty airborne time. With fuel consumption and daylight issues.

thispego
09-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Because the faster they work the more humans they can save. 1 Pet is not worth the life of 1 human. If they had to stop for every pet maybe 100-1000 people would die... They have been pulling up 3000 people a day with choppers if you added pet's that would cut each flight sorty airborne time. With fuel consumption and daylight issues.
:lol where the f did you pull that number from??? surely not every person has a pet that they are rescuing, and when they come across one, have the owner hold the pet in their lap, seriously, that is just plain CRUEL to make these poor people leave behind one of the very few things they have left. I for one couldnt do it, if someone came to rescue me and told me i'd have to leave my dog behind... i'd say fuck you

Vashner
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey I am just saying why they do it. Law enforcement and EMS are trained to treat people not pets. I know it sucks but don't bark at me. It's a matter of saving lifes.

You think that they can just fly a blackhawk all day? No way.. it takes a LOT of time to prep, maintain and fuel the birds. If you push the crew and the machine too hard it will crash. The grunts don't call them Dirt Darts for nothing....

Mixability
09-05-2005, 09:40 PM

Don't worry Trainwreck, I got it at least! :lol

If you push the crew and the machine too hard it will crash.

Are the pets in New Orleans mutating and becoming the size of trucks or what? :rolleyes If not, then let the people bring em.