PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Playoff Pairings

PopRocks
03-25-2015, 11:46 PM
When you look at the currently Western Conference seedings 1-8, they are almost a reverse of who you thought would be in those spots the day the season started.

#1 OKC Always dominant
#2 Mavs Good off season moves
#3 Spurs Returning a championship team with everyone gunning for them
#4 Clippers CP3, Griffin & Doc
#5 Portland Perennial Hang Arounders, but not enough "team" to win it all.
#6 Rockets A lot of talent that always seems to under achieve
#7 Grizzlies Good team, but squeak by to be good enough to get the lower seed
#8 Warriors Young team with a rookie head coach

Normally that 1-8 makes sense and I don't think anyone would have been shocked if that were the current standings.

Hot starts and injuries flipped the order this season.
Some teams have come back down to earth and others are now healthier.
Basically looking like the same potential head to head match-ups, just flipped and the only real difference is which gym the series will start in.

When it really comes down to it, how who be surprised with those as 1st Round match ups?
#3 Spurs vs. #6 Rockets or
#1 OKC vs. #8 Warriors

Anyone feel like any of the lower seeds would really have a near impossible time taking a Round 1 series from the higher seeds?

As a frustrated Spurs fan, because we haven't looked like the team that played near flawless ball in the playoffs and finals, I realize we might be in just as good of shape as if we were the #3 seed right now.

Malik Hairston
03-25-2015, 11:51 PM
The Thunder will get swept in the 1st round, tbh..an ISO team has no chance vs. team ball if the former doesn't have a significant talent and/or athleticism advance, which they don't have without Durant..

The Blazers will get killed against whoever they play against, as well IMO..

As for the other teams, I agree it's a toss-up, regardless of how the seeding finishes..

apalisoc_9
03-25-2015, 11:54 PM
5th seed looks good...

RD2191
03-25-2015, 11:57 PM
i say we stay at 6.we are familiar and usually beat mavs/grizz. i dont fear Houston.