PDA

View Full Version : George Hill..

Malik Hairston
03-26-2015, 12:03 AM
Anybody keeping up with him? He's playing at a really high level this season, tbh, one of the best PGs in the NBA as of late..scored the GW tonight @ Washington, the Pacers have been terrible without him, he's been carrying them as they fight for the 8th seed without Paul George..

Everybody loves to point out former Spurs that struggle away from the system, but Hill has looked much better than he ever looked in San Antonio, tbh..good to see his success, as he was always a good dude, and based on the pictures we saw earlier in the year, it appears that he's still close with Pop and the Spurs..

Malik Hairston
03-26-2015, 12:05 AM
http://www.vigilantsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Spurs-celebrate-Pops-1K-at-St.-Elmo.jpg

RD2191
Would be awesome to trade parker for him.

apalisoc_9
I remember Parker fans saying this kid would be a scrub and making fun of the dude...

I have no idea why some spurs fan wish former spurs the worst...

George hill was one of them...

It's sad, IMO.

timtonymanu
03-26-2015, 12:06 AM
:cry IUPUI.

Fkla was right about George Hill.

ducks
03-26-2015, 12:07 AM
I rather gave Leonard thank you very much
He struggled last year good he is playing well
Still overpaid imo

Malik Hairston
03-26-2015, 12:08 AM
:lol let's not turn this into a Parker thread, tbh, relax..

There's unquestionably a stigma surrounding non-big 3 Spurs, though, as their talent/impact is generally downplayed due to "the system"..it's interesting to see how great Hill has become, especially on a Pacers team that is limited in peripheral offensive talent..

SpurSwag
I feel like we'll get him back later in his career tbh

spurraider21
i heard he was traded for a top 15 player :lol

SASdynasty!
03-26-2015, 12:09 AM
Really liked Hill. He had a great series against the Mavs when we knocked them out as the 7th seed IIRC. The Leonard trade was worth it of course, but really wish we could have found a way to keep him.

ElNono
tbh, I watched the gamewinner tonight, solid, but he did have a costly turnover the possession before that one that could've put the game away...

He's also been hanging out with known PED abusers, tbh...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/pacers/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/george-hill-lionel-messi.jpg

ducks
What would pacers record be in west

RD2191
tbh, I watched the gamewinner tonight, solid, but he did have a costly turnover the possession before that one that could've put the game away...

He's also been hanging out with known PED abusers, tbh...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/pacers/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/george-hill-lionel-messi.jpg
:lol

ducks
03-26-2015, 12:10 AM
Hills stats against elite point guards in west?

Malik Hairston
03-26-2015, 12:11 AM
What would pacers record be in west

:lol what does this have to do with anything?

The Pacers are limited in offensive talent..it's impressive that Hill is having such a great season with no peripheral players to take any pressure off him or create shots for him..

People always assume that every Spur is going to struggle outside of San Antonio because Neal and Blair did, though..it's amusing..

scanry
03-26-2015, 12:19 AM
http://www.vigilantsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Spurs-celebrate-Pops-1K-at-St.-Elmo.jpg

Where was this taken?

apalisoc_9
03-26-2015, 12:23 AM
Where was this taken?

Indiana..

Remember Bellineli game winner out of a Kawhi pass this feb?

It was Pop's 1000th win.

Robz4000
03-26-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm 100% down with bringing him back. Indiana George and Choo Choo Chucker are still some of my favorite Spurs.

timtonymanu
03-26-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm 100% down with bringing him back. Indiana George and Choo Choo Chucker are still some of my favorite Spurs.

I still have Hill's jersey.

Robz4000
03-26-2015, 12:32 AM
I still have Hill's jersey.

Noice

Malik Hairston
03-26-2015, 12:33 AM
The original long-dick nigga, tbh..

Sean Cagney
03-26-2015, 12:33 AM

I liked Hill here as well, loved the way he played in that Dallas series in 10. He was a HUGE part of that upset, played his ass off a few games that series and was the difference IMO.

Splits
03-26-2015, 12:35 AM
How's his leg healing from that brutal fracture during the Olympics? Is he making a comeback this year?

spurraider21
03-26-2015, 12:40 AM
Hill was an ideal backup PG

ElNono
03-26-2015, 12:43 AM
Georgie was ok, but nothing to write home about. His defense was extremely overrated, and his court vision and passing were somewhat mediocre, tbh... I would still take him on a backup PG role over Cojo though...

FkLA
03-26-2015, 12:52 AM
:cry IUPUI.

Fkla was right about George Hill.

I wouldn't trade Kawhi back for three George Hills though. :lol

Now a Hill-Rique swap? Sign me up tbh.

outmap
03-26-2015, 12:56 AM

Watch your hand Becky! :nope

FkLA
03-26-2015, 01:00 AM
Where was this taken?

It's an old pic from during the RRT when the Spurs played @ Indy.

Watch your hand Becky! :nope

Rique up to no good per par. Coaches, teammate's wives, etc.

RD2191
03-26-2015, 01:00 AM
It's an old pic from during the RRT when the Spurs played @ Indy.

Rique up to no good per par. Coaches, teammate's wives, etc.
:lol

UZER
03-26-2015, 01:01 AM

Sounds like you're describing Manu. Why would that bother you?

ElNono
03-26-2015, 01:10 AM
Sounds like you're describing Manu. Why would that bother you?

If you gotta compare George Hill with a 37 year old in his last legs, then there's your answer...

timtonymanu
03-26-2015, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't trade Kawhi back for three George Hills though. :lol

Now a Hill-Rique swap? Sign me up tbh.

Oh yeah, me neither. :lol

But I remember a minority of posters saying Hill > Parker in 2010.

HI-FI
03-26-2015, 01:45 AM
I love this photo. Classic.

MI21
03-26-2015, 01:53 AM
He is having a nice patch, but that has been something he has always done throughout his career. I did like him as a Spur, but to me, he is more of a high level combo backup rather than a starter. I would easily take him back in that role with the Spurs.

His pick and roll defense has always been bad and despite his ridiculous length he isn't really a disruptor defensively, not easy at PG though. I always felt he wasn't aggressive enough on offense as well, probably because he can't always get to the spots he needs to because of his shitty ballhandling.

One thing about him though, since being in Indiana, he has been ridiculously clutch - I swear he has had like 5 game winners on layups created on his own :lol

Gagnrath
03-26-2015, 02:27 AM
He is having a nice patch, but that has been something he has always done throughout his career. I did like him as a Spur, but to me, he is more of a high level combo backup rather than a starter. I would easily take him back in that role with the Spurs.

His pick and roll defense has always been bad and despite his ridiculous length he isn't really a disruptor defensively, not easy at PG though. I always felt he wasn't aggressive enough on offense as well, probably because he can't always get to the spots he needs to because of his shitty ballhandling.

One thing about him though, since being in Indiana, he has been ridiculously clutch - I swear he has had like 5 game winners on layups created on his own :lol

Maybe you and I remember different players named George Hill. The guy I remember had a decent wingspan for a 6'3" pg but had trouble getting Gatorade out of the cooler at the practice gym. Not exactly incredible length. He had a very good set of handles for a shooting guard but was only mediocre as a passer. Played tenacious defense against most pg and SG but some brawnier SG could back him down and shoot over him. At times could disrupt the offense by stopping ball movement. My real nock on the guy is that he is a NBA SG trapped in the body of a pg.

MI21
03-26-2015, 02:41 AM
Maybe you and I remember different players named George Hill. The guy I remember had a decent wingspan for a 6'3" pg but had trouble getting Gatorade out of the cooler at the practice gym. Not exactly incredible length. He had a very good set of handles for a shooting guard but was only mediocre as a passer. Played tenacious defense against most pg and SG but some brawnier SG could back him down and shoot over him. At times could disrupt the offense by stopping ball movement. My real nock on the guy is that he is a NBA SG trapped in the body of a pg.

6'2 with a 6'9 wingspan should have been pretty disruptive on opposing PG's, many of which are 6'0.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/George-Hill-5067/

A solid athlete with a ridiculous 6-9 wingspan,

His ballhandling IMO was very, very average for a PG and ok for a SG and yeah, he was a limited passer. His defense was pretty damn good in isolation, but he used to get hung up on PnR, maybe because of his broad shoulders.

midnightpulp
03-26-2015, 06:16 AM
Hill was always a pure scorer and shines best when he's the number 1/2 option. It's no surprise he's flourishing this year without George, Stephenson, Hibbert, and even West being prioritized over him in the offense. Paul George and him will make a nice 1-2 punch. Be interesting to see if Indiana can build a complementary team around them.

Raven
03-26-2015, 06:22 AM
he's very good tbh. Complete player.

100%duncan
03-26-2015, 06:28 AM
I was a Hill fan back then especially that '09 or '10 series against Mavs, he was the mvp of that series IIRC. But the problem with him was road games. Too mentally weak on the road. We all saw it when the Pacers would go to the heat's home floor. He'd just shrink.

pgardn
03-26-2015, 06:30 AM
I like him a lot. He would be great to rotate in for added defensive purposes with either Parker or Ginobilli along side of him. We could go small with Green and Leonard. Could be a nasty perimeter D. As long as he does not handle too much.

But alas, we are stuck with a Championship lineup at the moment. I like the attempy at the tandem Lowry/Hill threads. It was deftly accomplished... In an extraordinarily blatant manner.

therealtruth
03-26-2015, 06:36 AM
He's one of the biggest reasons we beat the Mavs in '10. At the same time he's probably the biggest reason we lost back in '10 to the Suns. Letting Nash waltz into the lane for layups in game 1 did wonders for the Suns confidence. That underscores the main issue I had with him. He wasn't consistent enough.

pgardn
03-26-2015, 06:42 AM
He's one of the biggest reasons we beat the Mavs in '10. At the same time he's probably the biggest reason we lost back in '10 to the Suns. Letting Nash waltz into the lane for layups in game 1 did wonders for the Suns confidence. That underscores the main issue I had with him. He wasn't consistent enough.

+1

Brazil
03-26-2015, 07:53 AM
Georgie was ok, but nothing to write home about. His defense was extremely overrated, and his court vision and passing were somewhat mediocre, tbh... I would still take him on a backup PG role over Cojo though...

pretty much this

George stays close to Spurs organization, he brought us Kawhi, he is a spurs success, I'm happy he is doing good in Indiana recently

Mal
03-26-2015, 08:00 AM
Shame he broke his leg

weebo
03-26-2015, 08:11 AM

Pop :lol

K...
03-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Oh yeah, me neither. :lol

But I remember a minority of posters saying Hill > Parker in 2010.

The idea was to trade Parker and get assets to shore up the team. Would of hurt the spurs in the short run but who knows what we could have gotten. Of course getting kawhi probably is better than anyone the spurs could get from a hypothetical trade.

Back to the op...spurs system is only good for shooters. So when a guy like Neal leaves it's not surprising he struggles. The other thing is the spurs will cover up defensive mistakes from the perimeter player. Again lol Neal.

Hill on the other hand was a combo guard playing with Parker and Manu....two ball dominant players. He was limited playing for the spurs unless he wanted a 6 man role or we traded Parker. Not surprising he grew into a decent player when given the alpha role on a team.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-01-2015, 01:08 AM
28pts, 6ast, 3rebs tonight

Robz4000
04-01-2015, 01:18 AM
When's he a FA again?