PDA

View Full Version : Kyle lowry in a spurs uniform? Where he ranks..among top 15 PG's in the league?

dabom
03-26-2015, 12:35 AM
Is he someone you want on your team?

imo he is top 7

1 curry
2 westbrook
3 paul
4 kyrie
5 wall
6 conley
7 lowry
8 teague
9 dragic
10 lillard
11 walker
12 knight
13 george hill
14 rubio
15 elfrid
16 dennis dude from atl

dabom
03-26-2015, 12:35 AM
1 too many like usual. :lol

SpursFan86
03-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Lowry has been absolutely horrid since the start of 2015 IIRC...but he's still a top 10 PG and of course I wouldn't mind having him

And :lol at not having Bledsoe or Lawson on your list, but including guys like Knight, Kemba Walker, and Dennis Schroder. Hell I'd take Isaiah Thomas over those guys too. Not going to touch on the other obvious omission :rolleyes

apalisoc_9
03-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Lowry is a good player IMO...

dabom
03-26-2015, 12:46 AM
We need to get this guy some how. Can we trade parker and picks?

MI21
03-26-2015, 02:01 AM
Not a big fan of him. He's ok, not worth fussing over.

spurraider21
03-26-2015, 02:07 AM
deflection thread #4

your meltdown is noted

lefty20
03-26-2015, 02:16 AM
Lmfao he makes Porker look skinny

Sean Cagney
03-26-2015, 03:03 AM
Not a big fan of him. He's ok, not worth fussing over.

This... One good year and this year good at beginning and then fell off. He is a good pg but not worth saying I need him on my fave team. As I pointed out to one of his fan boys from Houston his % is terrible as well.

pgardn
03-26-2015, 06:22 AM
This thread comes at the most appropriate moment, during a playoff run with the same team that played the best basketball the Earth has ever seen. And of course after a complete blowout of an MVP PG candidate and a very hot team on a b2b.

Lovely timing OP.
Now shave those Got Damn squirrely individual hairs off that dope smokin face.
You are a typing carnival of stupidity.

spursistan
04-16-2017, 01:03 AM

Yikes..Playoffs choke artistPERIOD

I don't want any part of him..

dabom
04-16-2017, 01:07 AM
One is the alpha of a team. The other is the 10th best player on a team. I'm pretty sure he would do better on a Spurs shirt. But I wouldn't pay him more than what porker gets,

TheGreatYacht
04-16-2017, 01:13 AM

Yikes..Playoffs choke artistPERIOD

I don't want any part of him..
Lmao dafakeengineer

apalisoc_9
04-16-2017, 02:03 AM
Lowry doesn't play well when The offense swings too much to ISO derozan since it doesn't put him in a comfortable spot pf running pick an rolls etc. He's a great player, but its mind-blowing how incompetent he is attacking off a swing. He's just not good as a second action offensive player.

They need to abuse the Pick and Pop with ibaka. Run a lot of those with Lowry. That should generate better opportunities for the Chinese Product version of Joe Johnson.

Casey is trully still an idiot.

spursistan
05-06-2017, 07:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_KZ7FrVwAA8pwI.jpg

Sure, we want another pathetic loser on the team..:lol

sammy
05-06-2017, 08:18 PM
No thanks! He's always a no show in the playoffs! Derozen carries that team!

dabom
05-08-2017, 05:24 PM
:lol

coachmac87
05-08-2017, 06:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_KZ7FrVwAA8pwI.jpg

Sure, we want another pathetic loser on the team..:lol

WOW!!! What a little bitch...

duncan2k5
05-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Hell no

TheDoctor
05-08-2017, 06:18 PM
No thanks! He's always a no show in the playoffs! Derozen carries that team!

ROFL :lmao

https://media.giphy.com/media/jcKjQko8FDYfm/giphy.gif

marinoman
05-08-2017, 06:24 PM
So mentally weak, pass

TD 21
05-08-2017, 06:33 PM
The Stein tweet, even though no specific team was mentioned, makes it seem as if he has a specific destination in mind. He did spend his first 7 seasons between the Grizzlies and Rockets, but he's spent the past 4 in Toronto and is from Philadelphia. Chances are, he wouldn't have interest in going West just for the sake of it.

No team in the West can check all three boxes though: need, requisite cap space or realistic path to it without gutting roster and chance to win big.

The 2nd one, Spurs don't have. They might be able to get in the Hill sweepstakes by salary dumping Gasol, along with a minor move or two, but Lowry would require more and I doubt they'd be willing to do that and pay what he'll cost. He's aging, very good but not great and has a prickly personality.

dabom
05-08-2017, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't want this guy either.

hater
05-08-2017, 07:20 PM
:lmao hes basically Aldridge with a foot shorter and a beer belly

cd98
05-08-2017, 08:09 PM
No team is letting go of an elite PG. if the Raptors don't re-sign him, caveat emptor.

coachmac87
05-08-2017, 08:15 PM
The Stein tweet, even though no specific team was mentioned, makes it seem as if he has a specific destination in mind. He did spend his first 7 seasons between the Grizzlies and Rockets, but he's spent the past 4 in Toronto and is from Philadelphia. Chances are, he wouldn't have interest in going West just for the sake of it.

No team in the West can check all three boxes though: need, requisite cap space or realistic path to it without gutting roster and chance to win big.

The 2nd one, Spurs don't have. They might be able to get in the Hill sweepstakes by salary dumping Gasol, along with a minor move or two, but Lowry would require more and I doubt they'd be willing to do that and pay what he'll cost. He's aging, very good but not great and has a prickly personality.

Rumor has it he's a LOCK for Philly....

sasaint
05-08-2017, 08:33 PM

Makes perfect sense for both. If he does go to Philly, Patty would likely be headed elsewhere.

illusioNtEk
05-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Spurs better not fucking even talk to this nigga, I rather keep Patty and Murray and Forbes tbh.... we need a Scottie Pippen type player

Seventyniner
05-08-2017, 09:43 PM

Lowry said his only priority is getting a ring. If he then goes to Philly he'll be proven a liar.

The Spurs are the only contending team with a clear need at PG. Not enough cap space to give Lowry a max contract, but he'll have to take less to put his money where his mouth is.

Not sure I'd want him if I'm the Spurs, depends on the price and contract length, i.e. who the Spurs would have to let go. Mills at a minimum obv. He's an obvious huge upgrade over Parker though.

coachmac87
05-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Lowry said his only priority is getting a ring. If he then goes to Philly he'll be proven a liar.

The Spurs are the only contending team with a clear need at PG. Not enough cap space to give Lowry a max contract, but he'll have to take less to put his money where his mouth is.

Not sure I'd want him if I'm the Spurs, depends on the price and contract length, i.e. who the Spurs would have to let go. Mills at a minimum obv. He's an obvious huge upgrade over Parker though.

Eh...99% of "All Star" caliber players will always say publicly winning a championship is their priority...I just don't see him going anywhere where he could really contend with LeBron or GSW.. Which makes the MAX and young core of Philly interesting..

spurtech09
05-08-2017, 11:25 PM
If he can stay healthy why not....But does he really want to come to SA?

spurtech09
05-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Westbrook and KL on the same team......That would be off the charts......

kaji157
05-09-2017, 08:19 AM
To say the truth until this outburst i considered Lowry a prototypical Spur. A guy who had it very hard to succeed in the league, who worked hard, and step by step got to the top of it, defensive minded and team first mentality.
What he said really was unexpected.
That said i am not sure what the spurs can offer, or what would be needed to do with Parker's contract for us to have a shot.
What i do believe it's that this is a player that is not desperate to get the max, her already has made a lot more of what he expected 5 years ago.

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Best PG on the market if CP3 decides to be a perennial loser with the Clips.

Hes 31, but still a better option than role playing microwave Fatty Mills

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2017, 08:35 AM
If we can trade Aldridge to Boston for Avery Bradley and 2nd rnd pick. Then trade Danny somewhere for a 1st (Portland?)

Lowry, Bradley, Leonard :wow

Chinook
05-09-2017, 09:28 AM
He's a better fit with Leonard than Paul. Already used to sharing the ball with a scoring wing. Good play-maker but also good shooter. He, Aldridge and Kawhi make up a nice core, especially if all it costs is Parker and a Pau refinancing.

SpursFan86
05-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Obviously he'd be an upgrade, but I'm not sure I want to throw that much money for a guy on the wrong side of 30 who is a notoriously horrid playoff performer.

hater
05-09-2017, 10:20 AM
:lmao if fans here call Porker fat what will they call this fat piece of lard

Dude looks like the Warner Brothers pig out there

Ice009
05-09-2017, 10:23 AM
I actually really liked him a lot a year or two ago, but from what I've heard he's not great at working out and keeping his body in shape. If that is the case, I don't think I'd want him, but if he does care enough to work out and keep himself in the best possible shape, then I'd be very, very interested in him.

I just don't want any more players, who if healthy, don't put in the work during the off-season and get themselves in the best possible shape for the upcoming season. After Diaw and Aldridge, I've had enough of that. That's another thing I also used to like about Pop back in the day. Jaren Jackson came into the 1999/2000 season out of shape and had a poor season and playoffs, so Pop cut him. No messing around, he just sent him on his way.

NameLess Scrub
05-09-2017, 11:06 AM
I actually really liked him a lot a year or two ago, but from what I've heard he's not great at working out and keeping his body in shape. If that is the case, I don't think I'd want him, but if he does care enough to work out and keep himself in the best possible shape, then I'd be very, very interested in him.

I just don't want any more players, who if healthy, don't put in the work during the off-season and get themselves in the best possible shape for the upcoming season. After Diaw and Aldridge, I've had enough of that. That's another thing I also used to like about Pop back in the day. Jaren Jackson came into the 1999/2000 season out of shape and had a poor season and playoffs, so Pop cut him. No messing around, he just sent him on his way.

Great point. We have enough lazy millionaires :lol

RD2191
05-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Idk, but the Spurs have to at least try to upgrade at the PG/SG in the off-season. Kawhi deserves better.

Ice009
05-09-2017, 12:26 PM
Idk, but the Spurs have to at least try to upgrade at the PG/SG in the off-season. Kawhi deserves better.

I actually like Lowry, but hearing about poor work ethic from him takes away any interest I do have.

duncan2k5
05-09-2017, 01:10 PM
No more playoff chokers plz

PopTheGOAT
05-09-2017, 01:13 PM
If we can trade Aldridge to Boston for Avery Bradley and 2nd rnd pick. Then trade Danny somewhere for a 1st (Portland?)

Lowry, Bradley, Leonard :wow
I highly doubt they'd trade Bradley for Aldridge straight up tbh

Chinook
05-09-2017, 01:23 PM
I highly doubt they'd trade Bradley for Aldridge straight up tbh

Bradley's probably their worst rotational guard. People are stuck in 2015 acting like he's some huge get.

PopTheGOAT
05-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Bradley's probably their worst rotational guard. People are stuck in 2015 acting like he's some huge get.
Sure, but I bet they value him more than we do. Trading LA for a guard/wing would leave a glaring hole in the post. Bigger than the one we have at guard now

Chinook
05-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Sure, but I bet they value him more than we do. Trading LA for a guard/wing would leave a glaring hole in the post. Bigger than the one we have at guard now

Trading LMA and still trying to compete is likely dumb. I mean, maybe they find the Kawhi of PFs by doing so, but outside of that, the team is much better off keeping him and Kawhi and being willing to move anyone else.

hater
05-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Trading LMA and still trying to compete is likely dumb. I mean, maybe they find the Kawhi of PFs by doing so, but outside of that, the team is much better off keeping him and Kawhi and being willing to move anyone else.

Chinook
05-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Those stats are stupid. Doing rate stats with tiny sample sizes is how you get tons of skews. Of course the Spurs played better without LMA but with Kawhi; those minutes come in the second when pretty much all other starters are out.

hater
05-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Those stats are stupid. Doing rate stats with tiny sample sizes is how you get tons of skews. Of course the Spurs played better without LMA but with Kawhi; those minutes come in the second when pretty much all other starters are out.

Its playoff stats

Its stupid to use regular season stats to try to prove Lamarsha is worth a shit

Hes breaking records at being the shittiest playoff performer in NBA history

Oh but he is a good regular season player so lets ignore that :rolleyes

hater
05-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Oh and the same exact thing goes for Swine Lowry

apalisoc_9
05-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Its playoff stats

You're talking to the same guy that had a meltdown because Kawhi become as Good as he is now and Lamarcus didn't become the go to guy...

Chinook
05-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Its playoff stats

Those are stats from the beginning of the second quarter for four games. And while there are other minutes for sure, we aren't even talking about a full games' worth of minutes. That's not really a sample.

Chinook
05-09-2017, 02:37 PM
You're talking to the same guy that had a meltdown because Kawhi become as Good as he is now and Lamarcus didn't become the go to guy...

I've had one meltdown here, and it was when the Spurs drafted (and stashed) Milutinov in 2015.