PDA

View Full Version : OT: "My friend told me one of his Mexican fighters beat the hell out of Mayweather" Roach

Thebesteva
03-26-2015, 03:51 AM
"I heard he knocked out some girls during sparring"

Also I like that Freddie doesn't overdo it with sparring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6LHTxAvM40

Malik Hairston
03-26-2015, 04:57 AM
This shit is tough to watch, tbh..

Thread
03-26-2015, 06:46 AM
I don't do real boxing. I only do fake boxing in movies. I was buzzing thru the channels last nite---lo & behold "Rocky" flashes up,,,and it's at the end just before the fight when he goes to the Spectrum the night before and "Jergens" lovingly lectures him about what matters. He then returns home to a sleeping Adrienne. She wakes to find him ruminating about the reality of his situation. He speaks, as man does in the "I" while she speaks, as woman does in the "we." The fight commences and it gets there, you know the 14th round and I find myself once & again in tears. Not for and because of the actions of "Rocky"---but, because of the methods & actions of his creator.

I've said it before & I'll go on into the grave saying it:::

Sylvester Stallone

Killakobe81
03-26-2015, 07:29 AM
I don't do real boxing. I only do fake boxing in movies. I was buzzing thru the channels last nite---lo & behold "Rocky" flashes up,,,and it's at the end just before the fight when he goes to the Spectrum the night before and "Jergens" lovingly lectures him about what matters. He then returns home to a sleeping Adrienne. She wakes to find him ruminating about the reality of his situation. He speaks, as man does in the "I" while she speaks, as woman does in the "we." The fight commences and it gets there, you know the 14th round and I find myself once & again in tears. Not for and because of the actions of "Rocky"---but, because of the methods & actions of his creator.

Sylvester Stallone

The first 3 Rocky movies are great stuff. Even 4 has great one liners. The original is the best "film". Great story, music directing and acting overall.

Part II a great bridge and is underrated. The focus on rocky struggling after he walks away. the shitty commercials the lack of respect because he did NOT win ... Paralled with Creed who won but did not feel like he won. His trainer taking the smart and coward's route: Duke: He's all wrong for us, baby. I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man kept coming after you. Now we don't need no man like that in our lives.

Part III: More over the top great 80's music "Eye of the Tiger" plus the Conte score of the first two. The training montages are epic and hilarious. Best lines of any of the other films combined.

Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips. Thunderlips: To all my love slaves out there: Thunderlips is here. In the flesh, baby. The ultimate male versus... the ultimate meatball. Ha, ha, ha.

Clubber: Don't give this sucker no statue. Give him guts!
Clubber: The way you been duckin' is a disgrace. If he ain't no coward, why don't he fight me then? ... They don't want me to have the title because I'm not a puppet like that fool up there.
Rocky Balboa: You know, you got a big mouth, you know?
Clubber Lang: Well, why don't you come down here and close it, Balboa? Come on. Come on. (gold)

Clubber (To Creed who wants to bump fists): slaps Creed's hand away ... Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face before I knock it off. You wanna jump? JUMP! Come on! Come on, Creed! Come on!

Clubber Lang: Hey, boy. Hey, boy. After I crucify him, you next.
Apollo Creed: Just stay outta my face, chump.
[turns his back on Clubber]
Clubber Lang: Don't turn your back on me, sucka!

Interviewer: Do you hate Rocky?
Clubber Lang: No, I don't hate Balboa. I pity the fool, and[B] I will destroy any man who tries to take what I got!

Clubber Lang: I'm the baddest man in the world.
Rocky Balboa: You don't look so bad to me.
Clubber Lang: What did you say, Paper Champion? I'll beat you like a dog, a dog, you fool!

Clubber Lang: I'm gonna torture him. I'm gonna crucify him. Real bad. (anything worse? LOL)

Best trash talk ever ...
Clubber Lang: [Calling to Adrian; Smooth talks] Hey, Woman. Hey, Woman! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man.
Rocky Balboa: [loses his temper completely; Screaming] You want it, you got it! YOU GOT IT!

Killakobe81
03-26-2015, 07:31 AM
Who would of guessed that Mr.T would do the best job over Will Smith and any other actor of playing the cocky black boxer than anyone since ALi?

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 08:22 AM

Sylvester Stallone

"I don't watch sports movies." - thread

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 08:31 AM
The first 3 Rocky movies are great stuff. Even 4 has great one liners. The original is the best "film". Great story, music directing and acting overall.

Part II a great bridge and is underrated. The focus on rocky struggling after he walks away. the shitty commercials the lack of respect because he did NOT win ... Paralled with Creed who won but did not feel like he won. His trainer taking the smart and coward's route: Duke: He's all wrong for us, baby. I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man kept coming after you. Now we don't need no man like that in our lives.

Part III: More over the top great 80's music "Eye of the Tiger" plus the Conte score of the first two. The training montages are epic and hilarious. Best lines of any of the other films combined.

Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips. Thunderlips: To all my love slaves out there: Thunderlips is here. In the flesh, baby. The ultimate male versus... the ultimate meatball. Ha, ha, ha.

Clubber: Don't give this sucker no statue. Give him guts!
Clubber: The way you been duckin' is a disgrace. If he ain't no coward, why don't he fight me then? ... They don't want me to have the title because I'm not a puppet like that fool up there.
Rocky Balboa: You know, you got a big mouth, you know?
Clubber Lang: Well, why don't you come down here and close it, Balboa? Come on. Come on. (gold)

Clubber (To Creed who wants to bump fists): slaps Creed's hand away ... Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face before I knock it off. You wanna jump? JUMP! Come on! Come on, Creed! Come on!

Clubber Lang: Hey, boy. Hey, boy. After I crucify him, you next.
Apollo Creed: Just stay outta my face, chump.
[turns his back on Clubber]
Clubber Lang: Don't turn your back on me, sucka!

Interviewer: Do you hate Rocky?
Clubber Lang: No, I don't hate Balboa. I pity the fool, and[B] I will destroy any man who tries to take what I got!

Clubber Lang: I'm the baddest man in the world.
Rocky Balboa: You don't look so bad to me.
Clubber Lang: What did you say, Paper Champion? I'll beat you like a dog, a dog, you fool!

Clubber Lang: I'm gonna torture him. I'm gonna crucify him. Real bad. (anything worse? LOL)

Best trash talk ever ...
Clubber Lang: [Calling to Adrian; Smooth talks] Hey, Woman. Hey, Woman! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man.
Rocky Balboa: [loses his temper completely; Screaming] You want it, you got it! YOU GOT IT!

"You got to do what-EVER you got to do to get him in that ring!"

"Apollo....did you give me your best?" "... Yeah."

"You're gonna eat lightning, and you're gonna crap thunder!"

"it's Apollo."
"who were you expecting?"
"I was hoping he wouldn't show."

Killakobe81
03-26-2015, 08:42 AM
"You got to do what-EVER you got to do to get him in that ring!"

"Apollo....did you give me your best?" "... Yeah."

"You're gonna eat lightning, and you're gonna crap thunder!"

"it's Apollo."
"who were you expecting?"
"I was hoping he wouldn't show."

Great ones. Cry. I know they got cheesier but I was with sly, until part V.

Drago: If he dies. he dies ...

Duke: [to Rocky] You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man, he's a man.
Drago: [to his own trainer] He's not human. He's like a piece of iron.

Rocky: Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life.

Adrian: It's suicide. You've seen him, you know how strong he is. You can't win.
Rocky: Oh, Adrian. Adrian always tells the truth. No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know.

Apollo: Well, I've been with the best, and I've BEAT the best! I've retired more men than Social Security!

Nicoli Koloff: You can box, yes. But you are far too old to think that you can beat Drago.
Apollo: Is that a fact?
Nicoli Koloff: Yes. And it could be a painful one!

Rocky trash talk is awesome!

Buddy Mignon
03-26-2015, 09:04 AM
The fight is already over. Roach thinks he's going to outbox Floyd??? Thats just plain stupid.

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 09:11 AM
The fight is already over. Roach thinks he's going to outbox Floyd??? Thats just plain stupid.

or3nRn-1wmE

Killakobe81
03-26-2015, 09:25 AM

On this , we agree. I get Manny is quick but he aint Floyd quick. Pac's only chance is to sway the judges as the busier more aggressive fighter. I cant fathom a world where Manny outboxes, outpoints PBF ...such a world does not exist.

RsxPiimp
03-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Man, what a retarded take:rollin

Thread
03-26-2015, 10:10 AM
The original is the best "film". Great story, music directing and acting overall.

It's clear & unencumbered with prior weight like the remainder are. It's free, not beholden to what has come before. It's everything that Stallone envisioned, it's virginity guaranteed at premiere. The childhood snapshot (picture day at school?) that Stallone brings to the production makes one straighten in their seat, & pull back just a measure. "Oh."

"Rocky" was for Stallone. I want to believe 2-__ is for us. And that's okay. We asked for it. We implored him. He had nary other choice. His heart is pure.

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 10:14 AM
On this , we agree. I get Manny is quick but he aint Floyd quick. Pac's only chance is to sway the judges as the busier more aggressive fighter. I cant fathom a world where Manny outboxes, outpoints PBF ...such a world does not exist.

Styles make fights. If the fastest fighter won every fight, there would be no need to even have said fight. If Pac can land some effective punches, particularly to the body, he could slow May's footwork enough to start doing some damage.

Pacquiao beating Floyd would be an upset, but not a monumental one. If boxing was that easy to predict, you should be sitting on millions from those easy Vegas wagers based on what should happen on paper in a fight.

You can't fathom a world. Really. Come on dude. You got May built up to be an invincible fighter, when we've seen that's not the case even in his prime. I think Manny will win this fight but if I pretended like I knew what was going to happen before they touched them up, I wouldn't watch the sport.

Killakobe81
03-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Styles make fights. If the fastest fighter won every fight, there would be no need to even have said fight. If Pac can land some effective punches, particularly to the body, he could slow May's footwork enough to start doing some damage.

Pacquiao beating Floyd would be an upset, but not a monumental one. If boxing was that easy to predict, you should be sitting on millions from those easy Vegas wagers based on what should happen on paper in a fight.

You can't fathom a world. Really. Come on dude. You got May built up to be an invincible fighter, when we've seen that's not the case even in his prime. I think Manny will win this fight but if I pretended like I knew what was going to happen before they touched them up, I wouldn't watch the sport.

No I dont think he is invincible. I just was never overly impressed with Pac after he jumped up the last two weight classes. He was amazing at the start (lighter weight) I never seen a busier fighter punch so hard, and fast. DO I think PBF is a all-time great boxer? Yes. But my prediction for the fight has just as much to do with the fact that Pac in the last two weight classes is a very good fighter not a all-time great. For the record, I never liked ODH and many people sucked him off too. When I went to staples this month (hadnt been since 2002) Seeing his statue next to Kareem Magic, West, Gretzky and chick he seemed out of place. Very good fighter even great at lower weight classes and tbh to me he had a better chance of beating PBF but could not. In short it's not that i think PBF is invincible, Manny is a really good fighter and every fighter has a puncher's chance ... but he won't win. IF ODH closer to his prime could not beat PBF I just dont see Manny doing it ...

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 01:57 PM
No I dont think he is invincible. I just was never overly impressed with Pac after he jumped up the last two weight classes. He was amazing at the start (lighter weight) I never seen a busier fighter punch so hard, and fast. DO I think PBF is a all-time great boxer? Yes. But my prediction for the fight has just as much to do with the fact that Pac in the last two weight classes is a very good fighter not a all-time great. For the record, I never liked ODH and many people sucked him off too. When I went to staples this month (hadnt been since 2002) Seeing his statue next to Kareem Magic, West, Gretzky and chick he seemed out of place. Very good fighter even great at lower weight classes and tbh to me he had a better chance of beating PBF but could not. In short it's not that i think PBF is invincible, Manny is a really good fighter and every fighter has a puncher's chance ... but he won't win. IF ODH closer to his prime could not beat PBF I just dont see Manny doing it ...

Fair enough. What has May done lately that's made him look so impressive?

Killakobe81
03-26-2015, 02:02 PM
Fair enough. What has May done lately that's made him look so impressive?

TBh, the fact that PBF has been as dominate lately is why I think the fight could be good. IF PBF fought him 3 years ago I would be even more confident PBF would win a easier but boring fight. Because PBF has lost a step (Manny, at least two) is why I think PBF will win a closer but still clear decision.

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 02:04 PM
TBh, the fact that PBF has been as dominate lately is why I think the fight could be good. IF PBF fought him 3 years ago I would be even more confident PBF would win a easier but boring fight. Because PBF has lost a step (mann, at least two) is why I think PBF will win a closer but still clear decision.

Have you seen Danny Garcia fight? What are you thoughts on him?

Killakobe81
03-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Have you seen Danny Garcia fight? What are you thoughts on him?

I think the kid has talent. Looking forward to his fight against Peterson. Still forming an opinion but like what I have seen ( tI think i have only seen two of his fights)

Cry Havoc
03-26-2015, 02:13 PM
I think the kid has talent. Looking forward to his fight against Peterson. Still forming an opinion but like what I have seen ( tI think i have only seen two of his fights)

I'm psyched. That's a GREAT run up to MayPaq. In just 2 weeks as well. Peterson lost to Bradley pretty bad but other than that he's been really solid.

RsxPiimp
03-26-2015, 04:05 PM
We were in the locker room and the subject [of my pay for the fight] came up," Roach said. "He wanted to know what I wanted. I said, 'What do you want to give me?' He just kept saying, 'Tell me what you want.' So I told him to go work it out with [his agent]. And Manny said, 'No. No. I want to do it with you. And so we spent 20 seconds in the locker room and he said, 'What if I pay you this much?' And I shook his hand and said, 'Deal. Thank you.' It's more money than I've ever seen in my life and it was very, very fair. Way more than fair, honestly.

"I am happy for it and I'm out here working my ass off for him. It's not because of the money, but because he's such a nice guy and a good and honorable man."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/trainer...192750018.html

It's stuff like this why Manny continues to be the peoples champ.

Koolaid_Man
03-26-2015, 04:27 PM
We were in the locker room and the subject [of my pay for the fight] came up," Roach said. "He wanted to know what I wanted. I said, 'What do you want to give me?' He just kept saying, 'Tell me what you want.' So I told him to go work it out with [his agent]. And Manny said, 'No. No. I want to do it with you. And so we spent 20 seconds in the locker room and he said, 'What if I pay you this much?' And I shook his hand and said, 'Deal. Thank you.' It's more money than I've ever seen in my life and it was very, very fair. Way more than fair, honestly.

"I am happy for it and I'm out here working my ass off for him. It's not because of the money, but because he's such a nice guy and a good and honorable man."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/trainer...192750018.html

It's stuff like this why Manny continues to be the peoples champ.

:lmao. Awww...ain't that sweet... What a stupid fucking love story

Man I swear a sucker is born every day...listen dipshit shrimp dick..when someone says it's not about the money...

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!

Get it? Got It? Good!!!

Thebesteva
03-26-2015, 04:39 PM

Well he cant out kickbox him

RsxPiimp
03-26-2015, 04:57 PM
.listen dipshit shrimp dick..when someone says it's not about the money...

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!

Get it? Got It? Good!!!

:lol

DMC
03-26-2015, 05:30 PM
I'll be glad when it's over so all you faggots will shut the fuck up about it.

Thebesteva
03-26-2015, 05:32 PM
I'll be glad when it's over so all you faggots will shut the fuck up about it.

denoting or relating to emo and its associated subculture.

http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thumb/5/5d/Dress-Emo-(Guys)-Step-3.jpg/670px-Dress-Emo-(Guys)-Step-3.jpg

DMC
03-26-2015, 05:36 PM
http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thumb/5/5d/Dress-Emo-(Guys)-Step-3.jpg/670px-Dress-Emo-(Guys)-Step-3.jpg
Yeah, your vanilla ass Armenian schtick is hilarious. Post more Faygo memes, that's as good as it gets around here.

Thebesteva
03-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Yeah, your vanilla ass Armenian schtick is hilarious. Post more Faygo memes, that's as good as it gets around here.

How much did you not make today btw? Gotta make that $ DMC, you dont get paid for every whiny bitch ass posts. Can't live in your parents basement forever man

DMC
03-26-2015, 05:40 PM
How much did you not make today btw? Gotta make that $ DMC, you dont get paid for every whiny bitch ass posts. Can't live in your parents basement forever man
It doesn't matter how much you make, girls don't want to fuck Armenians. You could be filthy rich and still be filthy.

Parent's basement... isn't that like 5 years ago shit?

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where blah blah blah... move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Koolaid_Man
03-26-2015, 05:55 PM
I love to see dumb ass funky ass red neck gay ass racist hillbillies going at each others asshole..in the immortal words of MJ to Kwame: "keep it up you flaming phaggots"....:lmao

Infinite_limit
03-26-2015, 05:56 PM
She's cute. Would bang.

Thebesteva
03-26-2015, 07:26 PM
It doesn't matter how much you make, girls don't want to fuck Armenians. You could be filthy rich and still be filthy.

Parent's basement... isn't that like 5 years ago shit?

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where blah blah blah... move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Armenians dont get girls that's true. Is that supposed to hurt my feeling somehow faggot? You could get girls but your hands are too damn big to call the right number back

DMC
03-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Armenians dont get girls that's true. Is that supposed to hurt my feeling somehow faggot? You could get girls but your hands are too damn big to call the right number back

Soft ass response, per par.

FkLA
03-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Prime Morales would've taken Pussy Boy Floyd to the woodshed imo. Also prime Barrera and DLH would've handed him some losses if Floyd had some trilogies with them...you know like how every other great boxer has had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5gYZWA4NQ8

nigga went southpaw in the 12th rd, when he had the fight won just to fuck with around with Manny http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/mynicca1.png

Kool Bob Love
03-26-2015, 08:17 PM

Spuraider said you was Armenian. Pming in your native tongue.

Your women are fine, the man are a notch above the Asian male in terms of dating Srs.

FkLA
03-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Fuck man, this fight has me reminiscing about the days when boxing was the shit. Legit A-level fighters going up against legit A-level fighters. I hope this fight helps boxing get its shit together tbh.

RsxPiimp
03-26-2015, 11:24 PM
Agree, Morales wouldve cubrstomped Floyd. Floyd at one point cheered for Pacquiao during the Pac-Morales II, He was definitely intimidated by Morales.