PDA

View Full Version : Any of you floated the Frio River in Concan?

TheTruth
09-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Went this weekend and had a real good time. Not nearly as packed as The Guadalupe, and the water is much cleaner.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Practically grew up floating that river. I was born in Uvalde.

SequSpur
09-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Last year I went and banged up my leg in that shithole.

That place blows.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Last year I went and banged up my leg in that shithole.

That place blows.

I'm surprised you didn't drown in the one foot of water.

Vashner
09-05-2005, 12:23 PM
ROFL...

Yea we used to dig out "hot tubs" there. Home made holes so we could sit in the river with a cold beer. It's good place.. but not best for tubing.

Garner St park is nice too.

TheTruth
09-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm surprised you didn't drown in the one foot of water.
hahahahahahaha....

that river does get fucking shallow a little to often though, and my sandals broke. My feet were getting murdered whenever we had to get up to walk across rocks..

Tres_Till_it_MHz
09-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Awesome place it's a great way to pass the day. Hella beer and herbs floating the crystal clear h2o.

***WORD OF CAUTION***
Just watch out for tree limbs with bees in them. The bees don't like it much and it's hard to hydroplane with only two hands as propulsion. If you do happen to moleste a bees nest you'll get the "Yo Adrian" ribbings from your buddies for the rest of the night due to your new resemblance of Rocky Balboa.

ZStomp
09-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I love Garner State Park!!

spurs=bling
09-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Just watch out for tree limbs with bees in them

yeah i know, all of my family has gone I remember one time my cousin saw a very small grass snake she started trippin' everybody there was lookin at us and she still would not stop screaming i found it funny :lmao but her dad didn't :flipoff , yeah but its cool to go there

Vashner
09-05-2005, 07:22 PM
One time back b4 my back got fked up me and friends where exploring the upper Frio.

We found a big fallen tree with water shooting out underneath. A cold spring. We followed up up about a mile. With about 10 green waterfalls and pools.. and big hills made out of the hole rock .. looked like moon cheese.

That was about 25 miles north of concan.

Duff McCartney
09-05-2005, 07:24 PM
It's great going to Garner for camping, but pretty shitty for tubing. The water just gets too damn shallow on some parts. But coincidently my family is planning a camping out in two weeks. I dunno if I'll be going but they should be having fun times.