PDA

View Full Version : path to the draft-mock draft pick 4: oakland raiders

Trill Clinton
03-27-2015, 12:56 PM
1. jameis winston/qb- tampa bay
2. leonard williams/de- tennessee titans
3. dante fowler jr/de- jacksonville jaguars

spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905) Aztecfan03 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29605) The Gemini Method (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15989) Spur-Addict (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12803) leemajors

Trill Clinton
03-27-2015, 01:04 PM
raiders have a history of drafting speed at the wide receiver position and kevin white brings speed plus size. he's not as polished as cooper when it comes to route running but that's what the coaches are there for. first off, let me give mckenzie credit on his scouting and drafting, he's done a good job. only hurdle he has to tackle now is convincing top notch veteran free agents to buy into playing for the raiders and their cheap ownerhttp://i59.tinypic.com/16ga9he.png

but i have a feeling he will shock most fans and go with cooper. i'm picking white based on the franchises past decisions.

The Gemini Method
03-27-2015, 01:27 PM
I believe Amari Cooper will be joining fellow amazing...all-world...Roll Tide alum T.Dot in Oakland. Spurraider21 will be pleased with this pic as he goes and purchases a T.Dot jersey. Then the Raiders do what the Raiders do and draft a long snapper with the 4th pick. Commitment to Sucktitude.

Spur-Addict
03-27-2015, 01:31 PM
I can't see the selections you've posted for some reason. But, best player available is the best way to go, and it's a lot easier to miss offensively than defensively. So if a superior defensive playmaker is available I'd go there. I'd even consider drafting Danny Shelton at 4 tbh. The sexy pick is WR, and they certainly have a need there. But there seems to be good depth at WR in this draft, so I'd roll the dice and wait until the second round to go there. Possibly draft Gregory and pair him with Mack on the edges, owwww weee. So based on what's left, Shelton or Gregory.

The Gemini Method
03-27-2015, 01:58 PM
I can't see the selections you've posted for some reason. But, best player available is the best way to go, and it's a lot easier to miss offensively than defensively. So if a superior defensive playmaker is available I'd go there. I'd even consider drafting Danny Shelton at 4 tbh. The sexy pick is WR, and they certainly have a need there. But there seems to be good depth at WR in this draft, so I'd roll the dice and wait until the second round to go there. Possibly draft Gregory and pair him with Mack on the edges, owwww weee. So based on what's left, Shelton or Gregory. Gregory already failed another drug test so I'd nix that as their pick. He's going to drop. The new air in the NFL is that teams are going to be more cautious drafting than they already are. It's going to be Cooper.

Spur-Addict
03-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Gregory already failed another drug test so I'd nix that as their pick. He's going to drop. The new air in the NFL is that teams are going to be more cautious drafting than they already are. It's going to be Cooper.

I'd go Shelton 1st if I'm Oakland. Safer pick than Gregory anyways. And you're right that he'll probably drop, drop all the way to the late second round! :lol

Trill Clinton
03-27-2015, 02:11 PM
I can't see the selections you've posted for some reason. But, best player available is the best way to go, and it's a lot easier to miss offensively than defensively. So if a superior defensive playmaker is available I'd go there. I'd even consider drafting Danny Shelton at 4 tbh. The sexy pick is WR, and they certainly have a need there. But there seems to be good depth at WR in this draft, so I'd roll the dice and wait until the second round to go there. Possibly draft Gregory and pair him with Mack on the edges, owwww weee. So based on what's left, Shelton or Gregory.

sorry about that, the poll is white on white for some reason in this forum.

Spur-Addict
03-27-2015, 02:16 PM
All good Trill

Raven
03-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Gregory already failed another drug test so I'd nix that as their pick. He's going to drop. The new air in the NFL is that teams are going to be more cautious drafting than they already are. It's going to be Cooper.

i agree. easy call tbh

spurraider21
03-27-2015, 02:43 PM
I really hope it's amari cooper. Skill-set wise, he's a bigger and faster antonio brown. Really not a fan of Kevin white at #4... Though I wouldn't oppose a white selection if we trade down.

The Raiders size/speed fascination was largely an Al Davis thing, though.

Cooper should be the pick in our scenario where Leonard Williams is off the board

spurraider21
03-27-2015, 02:45 PM
And the Raiders have absolutely no need for shelton. Just signed Dan Williams and we had a nose tackle that got all rookie honors a year ago. If we go defense it would be vic Beasley to complement mack

Spur-Addict
03-27-2015, 02:53 PM
And the Raiders have absolutely no need for shelton. Just signed Dan Williams and we had a nose tackle that got all rookie honors a year ago. If we go defense it would be vic Beasley to complement mack

Ahhhh, didn't know that.

The Gemini Method
03-27-2015, 03:19 PM
Ahhhh, didn't know that. C'mon mayne! Know thy enemy!

Silver&Black
03-27-2015, 03:24 PM
C'mon mayne! Know thy enemy!

:lmao

Keep your friends close....................

Silver&Black
03-27-2015, 03:25 PM
I'll vote Cooper. Again this is all assuming "no trades". But I can't see a draft class with two Heisman winning QBs....and a trade not happening very early.

Spur-Addict
03-28-2015, 08:32 AM
C'mon mayne! Know thy enemy!

I's sorry I, I....dang :depressed

Avante
03-28-2015, 07:12 PM
When the Raiders were good they always had a great receiver (or a couple). Cooper is a can't miss talent, the perfect fit.

Art Powell
Warren Wells
Fred Beltnikoff
Cliff Branch
Tim Brown
Armari Cooper