PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: vs. the Cavs and Warriors @ home..

Malik Hairston
03-27-2015, 09:21 PM
lost both by 20+ in wire-to-wire blowouts in the past few days, no notable injuries IIRC..

Meaningful or no?

King Emmanuel
03-27-2015, 09:27 PM
theyre a weak ass team probably the worst in the west playoffs

Robz4000
03-27-2015, 09:43 PM
They peaked earlier on in the season tbh. Both Conley and Gasol have regressed massively the past two months.

midnightpulp
03-27-2015, 10:09 PM
lost both by 20+ in wire-to-wire blowouts in the past few days, no notable injuries IIRC..

Meaningful or no?

Meaningful. I've been saying all year that the Grizzlies front line (which features no stretch 4 nor a big who can guard opposing stretch 4s) will have a tough time covering teams that can space the floor with shooters. They're built like the Spurs of old, and as we know, that Grit-and-Grind, low-post centric style doesn't work anymore.

apalisoc_9
03-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Gasol has been an average player the last 25 games..I'm part of the minority that don't want him in spurs uniform. He is 30 and just super inconsistent...Also their Perimeter right now can't score with Conley struggling the last 30 games or so.

apalisoc_9
03-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Everyone thought they had the 2nd seed locked up...

Well they still have to play GSW again, play the spurs, play Chris paul.

Play wash, Thunder, and Indiana..Teams looking for a playoff spot.

TheCultOfPersonality
03-27-2015, 10:37 PM
If we're talking about the 2 games, the one common denominator in these 2 games is the Grizzlies usual terrible 3 point defense (I am shocked that the Grizzlies are only 17th in opponent 3 point % and 18th in oppenent 3 point makes. Seeing them play I feel that they are the worst in the NBA in that category). The Grizzlies combined gave up 30-64 from the 3 point line in those 2 games while the Grizzlies themselves didn't even have 30 attempts from 3. The Grizzlies were leaving Kyrie, LeBron, Love, Curry, and Thompson wide open for no reason at all. One of Curry's wide open 3s, Conley left Curry wide open for 3 to double Shaun Livingston who wasn't even driving towards the basket. (NOT A MISPRINT. SHAUN EFFING LIVINGSTON WAS THOUGHT OF AS MORE OF A THREAT THAN A WIDE OPEN STEPH CURRY). You can't be a team that doesn't shoot 3s and not guard the 3 point line.

Other notes:

Other than the 3 point defense, the Grizzlies overall defense and rebounding against the Cavs sucked as well. Combined that with the Grizzlies not making shots and missing easy shots at the rim you got a blowout loss.

The Grizzlies turning the ball over with stupid passes didn't help them against the Warriors either.

Courtney Lee continues to suck, our 2 bigs continue to underwhelm.

Venti Quattro
03-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Non-issue

midnightpulp
03-28-2015, 01:31 AM
Non-issue

Lakers farm team are dead men walking. Too slow and oversized to compete in the space and pace era.

Infinite_limit
03-28-2015, 01:39 AM
If we're talking about the 2 games, the one common denominator in these 2 games is the Grizzlies usual terrible 3 point defense (I am shocked that the Grizzlies are only 17th in opponent 3 point % and 18th in oppenent 3 point makes. Seeing them play I feel that they are the worst in the NBA in that category). The Grizzlies combined gave up 30-64 from the 3 point line in those 2 games while the Grizzlies themselves didn't even have 30 attempts from 3. The Grizzlies were leaving Kyrie, LeBron, Love, Curry, and Thompson wide open for no reason at all. One of Curry's wide open 3s, Conley left Curry wide open for 3 to double Shaun Livingston who wasn't even driving towards the basket. (NOT A MISPRINT. SHAUN EFFING LIVINGSTON WAS THOUGHT OF AS MORE OF A THREAT THAN A WIDE OPEN STEPH CURRY). You can't be a team that doesn't shoot 3s and not guard the 3 point line.

Other notes:

Other than the 3 point defense, the Grizzlies overall defense and rebounding against the Cavs sucked as well. Combined that with the Grizzlies not making shots and missing easy shots at the rim you got a blowout loss.

The Grizzlies turning the ball over with stupid passes didn't help them against the Warriors either.

Courtney Lee continues to suck, our 2 bigs continue to underwhelm.
nice sig Persian Price

Thread
03-28-2015, 10:17 AM
Like OKC they too had not enough at default. At least OKC acknowledged that fact & broke out. Memphis had no such intention. They're content not having enough.