PDA

View Full Version : If Boris playing ego is as big as kobe, Jordan, etc..Do you think..

apalisoc_9
03-27-2015, 10:08 PM
He would have been a perennial all-star?

Bobxats, Suns and now Spurs...They all had similar complaints about Diaw. "Sometimes, the guy is just not interested in playing"

Fkla with the Diaw>lee goods tbh.

Malik Hairston
03-27-2015, 10:10 PM
Probably, but you could say the same thing about a lot of other players, tbh..

Off the top of my head, Derrick Coleman was one of the most talented bigs of all-time, for example..Rasheed, Lamar Odom, etc..

You just can't teach somebody to feel that way IMO..

RD2191
03-27-2015, 10:12 PM

Off the top of my head, Derrick Coleman was one of the most talented bigs of all-time, for example..Rasheed, Lamar Odom, etc..

"Coleman could have been the best power forward ever; instead he played just well enough to ensure his next paycheck."[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Coleman#cite_note-1)

RD2191
03-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Better than Tim?

Malik Hairston
03-27-2015, 10:14 PM
He played before my time, I was just a kid, but from all the old heads I've spoken to, a lot of them claim Coleman was the most talented big they had ever seen, tbh..

RD2191
03-27-2015, 10:16 PM
He played before my time, I was just a kid, but from all the old heads I've spoken to, a lot of them claim Coleman was the most talented big they had ever seen, tbh..
Even Shaq? That's nuts.

wildchild
03-27-2015, 10:56 PM
He's one of the most talented and verstile bigs in the league. His playmaker ability, his moves in the paint, are beautiful to watch. Sadly he can't bring energy, aggression to the team in all the games of the season, that isn't his focus until the last games of regular season or playoffs.

Answering OP, not sure. After the 6th man award I expected more from Bobo but he couldn't take the next step.

spurraider21
03-27-2015, 11:01 PM
imagine if he gave a shit before he got fat

RD2191
03-27-2015, 11:04 PM
:lol

freetiago
03-28-2015, 12:16 AM
Could easily be a 1st ballot hall of famer tbh..Complete player offensively and defensively minus rim protection though in his younger days he could leap. He did have a few decent plays on 1vs3 fastbreaks in his time as a Spur and also a huge play stopping a lob in a Clipper's game.

pppp
03-28-2015, 12:58 AM
He won a french slam dunk contest back in the days...yep, he used to throw it down hard.

Sean Cagney
03-28-2015, 01:42 AM

You just can't teach somebody to feel that way IMO..Yes, I was going to mention Sheed as well but you beat me to it. He never really cared that much and was just unselfish or uninterested some of the time, when focused he would be a nightmare to guard and he could play D as well.

Richie
03-28-2015, 03:24 AM
He could have been a less freakish Lebron, slightly less athletic and not built as strong but otherwise he has the same skill set. Certainly could have played in All Star games.

AFBlue
03-28-2015, 08:08 AM

His fatness actually makes him more effective. His post game is only dominant because he uses that 250 pounds to get within a few feet of the rim. Without it, he's a talented but less effective perimeter player.

vander
03-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Sure would be nice if Diaw would give Wade's 'doctor' a call. Just for this year. For 6

Knoxxx
03-28-2015, 02:30 PM
His fatness actually makes him more effective. His post game is only dominant because he uses that 250 pounds to get within a few feet of the rim. Without it, he's a talented but less effective perimeter player.

Bingo. He was too heavy when he got here but the last couple years his playing weight seems just about right. It enables him to guard and post up almost anyone at the F-C positions except for guys a little to quick for him like LeBron. Mainly he is playing post players where his foot speed, shooting range, ball handling skills, passing, and post moves are a lethal combination for the opponent. Few if any teams can force us into a matchup with Boris where we don't have a significant advantage.

TDfan2007
03-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Diaw is like that genius in school who doesn't study for shit, collects his Bs, and goes on with life.

Super talented, but the drive and work ethic are missing...

TDfan2007
03-28-2015, 05:24 PM

Rasheed was amazing. There were stories about how he would win 3point contests in practice...with his left hand.

Rasheed could have been at KG's level, maybe better, if he was wired like Timmy. Man, those battles were fun to watch...

hitmanyr2k
03-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Rasheed was amazing. There were stories about how he would win 3point contests in practice...with his left hand.

Rasheed could have been at KG's level, maybe better, if he was wired like Timmy. Man, those battles were fun to watch...

Rasheed's post game was ridiculously good and with his high release his shot was pretty much unblockable. Too bad he fell in love with shooting threes. An unfortunate waste of talent. At least he got a ring though.

Ice009
03-29-2015, 12:04 AM
Yeah, that's the thing with Rasheed, he could have been a monster in the post, but for some reason he chose to shoot 3s and more outside shots instead of banging inside. If he varied his game and went inside the paint more often while also mixing that up with some outside shooting, he really could have been very, very hard to guard. The weed may have also had an impact on him not realizing his full potential and really going after it to be the best at his position. I still like the guy though.

Derrick Coleman, I was too young to see play, but he was still around when I first started getting into the NBA, and I too have heard people say that he was one of the most talented players they've seen. I don't have the same opinion, but that is only based on the very little that I've actually seen of him. I only saw highlights on NBA action and it was mostly offensive plays, so I don't know much about his game. How was he on the other side of the ball? Was he also decent on defense or was it all offense with him? Also, didn't he get lazy, fat, out of shape and lost his game?

lefty
03-29-2015, 12:34 AM
Rasheed's post game was ridiculously good and with his high release his shot was pretty much unblockable. Too bad he fell in love with shooting threes. An unfortunate waste of talent. At least he got a ring though.
that, and he was a great defensive player too

As for prime Coleman, he woud shit on Shaq on a regular basis; what a waste of talent

The Reckoning
03-29-2015, 12:55 AM
:bobo

100%duncan
03-29-2015, 12:25 PM

:lol

DMC
03-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Being fat doesn't give basketball players an edge. Boris has the size and skill be be effective, and being in shape allows him to move in transition. If he's carrying extra weight, that only slows him down. He's not a linebacker.

tim_duncan_fan
03-29-2015, 03:00 PM
"This guy is only good when he feels like it matters" is a great problem to have, imo.

I love his "Oh you say the playoffs are about to start?" mentality. He signed on to not do shit until the playoffs. It's not his fault Tim, Tony and Manu got old. lmao

*raises glass*

exstatic
03-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Yeah, that's the thing with Rasheed, he could have been a monster in the post, but for some reason he chose to shoot 3s and more outside shots instead of banging inside. If he varied his game and went inside the paint more often while also mixing that up with some outside shooting, he really could have been very, very hard to guard. The weed may have also had an impact on him not realizing his full potential and really going after it to be the best at his position. I still like the guy though.

Derrick Coleman, I was too young to see play, but he was still around when I first started getting into the NBA, and I too have heard people say that he was one of the most talented players they've seen. I don't have the same opinion, but that is only based on the very little that I've actually seen of him. I only saw highlights on NBA action and it was mostly offensive plays, so I don't know much about his game. How was he on the other side of the ball? Was he also decent on defense or was it all offense with him? Also, didn't he get lazy, fat, out of shape and lost his game?

DC had bottle problems.

FkLA
03-29-2015, 03:10 PM
Sheed could've been better but I've never bought the he could've been the PF GOAT argument. He had that fadeaway in the post but I don't remember his post game being very refined aside from that.

FkLA
03-29-2015, 03:12 PM
As far as Diaw goes, he's basically our new Horry with elite passing ability tbh.

exstatic
03-29-2015, 03:12 PM
He could have been a less freakish Lebron, slightly less athletic and not built as strong but otherwise he has the same skill set. Certainly could have played in All Star games.

I don't know if you read the barefoot/cappuccino story about Boris at the Suns facility. The Suns had their summer draft workout kids in, and Boris was in doing work. They had the "sticks" set up to measure verticals, and he asked what they were for. They told him, he took off his flip flops, put down his capucino and cleared the entire rack, something not even a young/prime Amare was ever able to do. He might not have been strong, but he was every bit as athletic as LBJ.

Malik Hairston
03-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Karl Malone once said he would be putting up Wilt numbers if he had Derrick Coleman's talent IIRC:lol..

Ice009
03-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Karl Malone once said he would be putting up Wilt numbers if he had Derrick Coleman's talent IIRC:lol..

Derrick Coleman was that good? What was his game about on offense?

How was he on defense?

z0sa
03-29-2015, 10:11 PM
I don't know if you read the barefoot/cappuccino story about Boris at the Suns facility. The Suns had their summer draft workout kids in, and Boris was in doing work. They had the "sticks" set up to measure verticals, and he asked what they were for. They told him, he took off his flip flops, put down his capucino and cleared the entire rack, something not even a young/prime Amare was ever able to do. He might not have been strong, but he was every bit as athletic as LBJ.

Dayum..