PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are Back (hoopshabit)

Cry Havoc
03-27-2015, 10:42 PM
The San Antonio Spurs Are Back

The San Antonio Spurs are officially back. Not that they were ever gone in the first place, but you don’t usually consider teams hanging around the bottom of a conference playoff race to be a serious championship contender.

On Wednesday night, the Spurs obliterated the Oklahoma City Thunder by the score of 130-91–the same Thunder team that had won four in a row and 15 of its last 20. The 39-point winning margin was San Antonio’s largest of the season, and the fourth-highest in the tenure of head coach Gregg Popovich.

The Spurs scored 71 points in the first half, which actually wasn’t even their season high (they put up 72 against the Los Angeles Clippers on December 22).

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/03/26/san-antonio-spurs-back/

Encouraging signs. We're now 12-3 over the last 15 games. Pretty solid.

Silver&Black
03-27-2015, 10:57 PM
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/saki/snowish/128/Arrow-up-icon.pngASCENDING: Spurs

Cry Havoc
03-27-2015, 10:58 PM
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/saki/snowish/128/Arrow-up-icon.pngASCENDING: Spurs

:tu

SpursFan86
03-27-2015, 11:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBJ7iA5VIAA9Mhs.jpg

SpursFan86
03-27-2015, 11:05 PM
It'd be nice if they can play better on the road though. They're .500 on the road this year, which isn't a good sign considering there's a good chance we won't have HCA for a single series in the playoffs. Then again, we were one of the best road teams last year, and we have the exact same group. Feel like if there's any team that won't get rattled as much on the road come playoff time, it's us.

RD2191
03-27-2015, 11:07 PM
Too inconsistent for me to say they're back. No doubt they're the team to beat when playing at their best but the seeding might be their downfall this season.

Solid D
03-27-2015, 11:09 PM
Encouraging signs. We're now 12-3 over the last 15 games. Pretty solid.

True & that's 12-3 including the OT losses to Nueva York and Cleveland.

HI-FI
03-27-2015, 11:10 PM
:lol that Ascending arrow has taken on a life it's own.

Cry Havoc
03-27-2015, 11:17 PM
:lol that Ascending arrow has taken on a life it's own.

It's the closest I'll ever be to making an internet meme. :cry

SpursFan86
03-27-2015, 11:45 PM
True & that's 12-3 including the OT losses to Nueva York and Cleveland.

Yup...could very well be 14-1. Then again, "what ifs" seem to be the mantra for this season. So many blown games we should've won.

Anyways, if the Spurs are playing at or near their best, GS is the only team that can give us trouble. I don't think people realize how good they are, tbh.

Cry Havoc
03-28-2015, 12:04 AM
Yup...could very well be 14-1. Then again, "what ifs" seem to be the mantra for this season. So many blown games we should've won.

Anyways, if the Spurs are playing at or near their best, GS is the only team that can give us trouble. I don't think people realize how good they are, tbh.

The best thing about Golden State is that they rely on Steph and Klay to get their points, and we have Wingstop which is perfectly suited to dealing with them.

SnakeBoy
03-28-2015, 01:07 AM

That's a big if. The Spurs have looked unbeatable when at their best but they don't seem to be able to play their best game to game or even qtr to qtr. They have no chance to get past the dubs if they don't get that fixed.

heyheymymy
03-28-2015, 01:14 AM
The best thing about Golden State is that they rely on Steph and Klay to get their points, and we have Wingstop which is perfectly suited to dealing with them.

i've heard this before, but niiiice. where is the wingstop pic with danny and kawhi?

TrainOfThought5
03-28-2015, 04:27 AM
i've heard this before, but niiiice. where is the wingstop pic with danny and kawhi?

I coined it in the nickname thread for Kawhi and Danny. For future reference. Sean Elliott has also started using it.

DMC
03-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Point diff relies too much on coach's style of overplaying his guys with a big lead.

ViceCity86
03-28-2015, 11:57 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBJ7iA5VIAA9Mhs.jpg

The 4 teams in highest pont diff are the only ones I thought as contenders all along.

SpursFan86
03-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Point diff relies too much on coach's style of overplaying his guys with a big lead.

It's still a much better gauge of performance than W/L.

Knoxxx
03-28-2015, 12:09 PM
It'd be nice if they can play better on the road though. They're .500 on the road this year, which isn't a good sign considering there's a good chance we won't have HCA for a single series in the playoffs. Then again, we were one of the best road teams last year, and we have the exact same group. Feel like if there's any team that won't get rattled as much on the road come playoff time, it's us.

Yes it feels like we are due to perform much better on the road just in time for the playoffs with little choice otherwise.

cjw
03-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Need to pass two of HOU/MEM/POR/LAC to gain home court advantage in round 1.

Three back in loss column to HOU and MEM. Sweeping Houston would give Spurs tiebreaker. Cannot get tiebreaker over Memphis as best Spurs can do is tie them in division loss column and would have worse conference record. Though Memphis' schedule isn't easy, they only have to go 6-3 to guarantee a finish about Spurs (if Spurs ran the table).

Portland and Clippers are only one up in loss column. Portland will have tiebreaker and Clippers are five up in conference wins so almost certainly will as well. Would need to pass both to gain HCA. Portland plays the most games of anyone remaining and has been struggling as of late. They also have a cross-country trip to make to Brooklyn for one game and @ Golden State on 2NBTB that same week. Wouldn't shock me to see Spurs pass them.

Clippers, as has been discussed at great length, play less games and have a relatively easy schedule. Only very tough game is @ POR on a BTB, with a home game against GS. They play at Memphis but with three days rest vs. Memphis on a BTB. It would take the Spurs losing 1-2 times the rest of the way and a mediocre stretch from Clippers to pass them.

Dallas is two back in the loss column and has 8 division losses, so hard for them to pass Spurs. OKC could conceivably pass them being only three back, but needs to win the head-to-head to split season series. Looking below the playoff line, PHX needs to win the OKC head-to-head and more or less run the table to stand a chance. NO has tiebreaker on OKC but also has three games to make up.

MEM

HOU

POR

LAC

SA

DAL

OKC

@ SA
1 day

@ WAS
1 day

DEN
BTB

@ BOS
1 day

MEM
1 day

@ IND
1 day

@ UTA
2 days

SAC
BTB

@ TOR
BTB

PHX
1 day

GS
1 day

@ MIA
1 day

@ OKC
2 days

@ PHX
BTB

OKC
3 days

SAC
1 day

LAC
1 day

@ POR
BTB

@ ORL
BTB

HOU
BTB

DAL
2 days

WAS
BTB

@ DAL
BTB

@ LAL
1 day

@ DEN
2 days

DEN
1 day

GS
1 day

@ MEM
1 day

NO
2 days

@ OKC
2 days

NO
BTB

@ LAL
BTB

GS
1 day

PHX
2 days

HOU
1 day

@ UTA
1 day

@ SA
2 days

@ BRK
1 day

LAL
1 day

@ OKC
1 day

@ DEN
1 day

SA
1 day

@ LAC
BTB

SA
1 day

MIN
1 day

@ MEM
3 days

HOU
BTB

@ LAL
1 day

SAC
2 days

@ GS
1 day

NO
1 day

@ GS
BTB

DEN
1 day

@ HOU
1 day

@ UTA
BTB

@ IND
1 day

IND
1 day

@ CHA
BTB

UTA
1 day

@ PHX
BTB

PHX
1 day

POR
1 day

POR
BTB

UTA
1 day

@ OKC
1 day

@ NO
2 days

@ MIN
1 day

@ DAL
1 day

taps
03-28-2015, 02:15 PM
nickname. Sean Elliott has also started using it.

When?

Splits
03-28-2015, 07:52 PM
I coined it in the nickname thread for Kawhi and Danny. For future reference. Sean Elliott has also started using it.

Ummm, they advertise at AT&T

SpurSwag
03-28-2015, 11:02 PM
Patty and consistency are the only things keeping us from really being back. But even with the maddening inconsistency, we have been the 2nd best team in the conference (idk about statistically, but from the eye test) since the RRT. I genuinely believe we will play the warriors in the ECF (i don't think we are moving above 6, the clippers keep winning and portland is guaranteed the 4th spot), which means we'll have to play some combo of Houston/Memphis/Dallas in the first 2 rounds. That really doesn't sound bad to me.

What I've noticed the past 2 seasons is that the West is always deemed as a blood bath, but as the playoffs draw nearer, injuries and the law of averages really weed out who the real contenders are. I remember at the beginning of the season they were saying there were like 7-8 teams in the conference that could legitimately contend, and now its really just looking like GSW, SAS, maybe Memphis, and maybe LAC. Portland has fallen apart, Houston is a definite dark horse but I can't see them doing much, and Dallas hasn't been the same since the rondo deal.

heyheymymy
03-29-2015, 02:32 AM

http://i.imgur.com/gOluX6j.jpg

heyheymymy
03-29-2015, 02:33 AM
^found the pic i was looking for, btw

Malik Hairston
03-29-2015, 02:40 AM
Patty and consistency are the only things keeping us from really being back. But even with the maddening inconsistency, we have been the 2nd best team in the conference (idk about statistically, but from the eye test) since the RRT. I genuinely believe we will play the warriors in the ECF (i don't think we are moving above 6, the clippers keep winning and portland is guaranteed the 4th spot), which means we'll have to play some combo of Houston/Memphis/Dallas in the first 2 rounds. That really doesn't sound bad to me.

What I've noticed the past 2 seasons is that the West is always deemed as a blood bath, but as the playoffs draw nearer, injuries and the law of averages really weed out who the real contenders are. I remember at the beginning of the season they were saying there were like 7-8 teams in the conference that could legitimately contend, and now its really just looking like GSW, SAS, maybe Memphis, and maybe LAC. Portland has fallen apart, Houston is a definite dark horse but I can't see them doing much, and Dallas hasn't been the same since the rondo deal.

The West is overrated every year, as I say every year, tbh:lol..

The East is atrocious, but like the West, there is usually 1-2 real contenders per year..I don't know why pretenders like Portland and Memphis get "contender" hype every year, people never seem to learn..

Realistically, though, the Warriors are the only real contenders in the West, at the moment..the Spurs are a wildcard contender, but they need a lot to break their way(standings, road consistency, stay healthy, etc)..

apalisoc_9
03-29-2015, 02:46 AM

Good take.

03-29-2015, 03:12 AM

The East is atrocious, but like the West, there is usually 1-2 real contenders per year..I don't know why pretenders like Portland and Memphis get "contender" hype every year, people never seem to learn..

Realistically, though, the Warriors are the only real contenders in the West, at the moment..the Spurs are a wildcard contender, but they need a lot to break their way(standings, road consistency, stay healthy, etc)..

I think it's more about every series will be competitive in the West, and an upset could happen at any time. In the East it was the Pacers, and Heat these last couple years AnAnd they were the only threats to each other.

Sean Cagney
03-29-2015, 03:17 AM
Too inconsistent for me to say they're back. No doubt they're the team to beat when playing at their best but the seeding might be their downfall this season.

TBH... On point

SpursFan86
03-29-2015, 10:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBUBmrXVIAAvY1u.jpg

Our largest leads in the past 16 games

TampaDude
03-29-2015, 11:03 PM
Back???

We never left.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

FuzzyLumpkins
03-30-2015, 04:57 AM

Every team has to have things break their way. That is kind of the point. Your post wanders around in drivel and goes nowhere. A 'real' contender is anyone who has a shot to make and win the finals.

The field is incredibly wide open.

The only teams with playoff credentials are San Antonio and Dallas and they look mortal. Memphis made a WCF a couple years ago but mostly it's been the champs and their bitches, OKC and IND. Outside of that you have a bunch of second round fodder or worse over the course of the past 5 years. A lot of teams are unknowns. Who knows what the Hawks or Cavs can do? We've never seen the Warriors out front. They could all easily implode and we have someone like Houston, Chicago or Toronto end up in the finals.

Malik Hairston
03-30-2015, 05:06 AM
^^:lol what a vanilla post, tbh..

This is the NBA, it's mostly a predictable league every year..there's virtually no chance that a team like Toronto gets to the Finals, and elite teams during the regular season generally translate well to the playoffs..

The Warriors are having a historic regular season, they are far ahead of the competition..based on their team metrics + their projected record, teams with their regular season credentials have gone to the Finals virtually every time..

Only corny, vanilla fans believe the field is wide open and that teams like Portland, Memphis, Dallas, etc have a chance to go deep in the playoffs..silly as fuck:lmao..

FuzzyLumpkins
03-30-2015, 05:20 AM

This is the NBA, it's mostly a predictable league every year..there's virtually no chance that a team like Toronto gets to the Finals, and elite teams during the regular season generally translate well to the playoffs..

The Warriors are having a historic regular season, they are far ahead of the competition..based on their team metrics + their projected record, teams with their regular season credentials have gone to the Finals virtually every time..

Only corny, vanilla fans believe the field is wide open and that teams like Portland, Memphis, Dallas, etc have a chance to go deep in the playoffs..silly as fuck:lmao..

Long on assertion and lacking any real insight.

You haven't discerned how the NBA works from your narratives that read like bad romance. It's fluff and bullshit. My point that we have not seen what any of these teams can do deep in the playoffs still stands. We haven't.

Now go fuck yourself, pumpkin.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-30-2015, 05:25 AM
But please handwave some more at an aggregate stat that you have found to correlate over a sample size of 50. Even for amateur statistical analysis, yours is shitty.

Malik Hairston
03-30-2015, 05:48 AM
Ugh, typical Fuzzy posts..

A lot of content, a lot of words, a lot of criticism, but literally nothing of substance, tbh:lol..such a smug, pompous man, yet has never provided a single piece of decent analysis in his entire posting history on SpursTalk..

Arguing that "we haven't seen what these teams will do" and that the field is wide open is extremely corny, it's the type of analysis you would hear on NBA TV in a segment appealing to casual fans:lol..This nigga is using logic that essentially argues that teams like the Bucks and Nets are contenders, because the teams at the top of their conference(Hawks and Cavs) haven't shown anything in the playoffs yet..

It's such amateur and corny analysis..Ugh, disgusts me..

And I'm not sure what stat you're referring to..if you're questioning the Warriors metrics that I referred to, then you're ignoring a season-long team sample size that has accurately gauged championship success for past teams over a range of 30+years:lol..smh..

I guess it's not as good as "it's wide open" and the fucking Toronto Raptors are contenders:lmao(who I no Raptors fan in the world believes).."teams might implode" :lmao such riveting analysis, tbh..

SpursFan86
03-30-2015, 08:17 AM
I'd be willing to bet good money that one of GS/SA/Cleveland will win the title. Don't think anyone else has much of a shot unless some injuries go down or something.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 09:08 AM

It sort of undermines your point that the West is overrated when you say there are only 2 contenders out West.

The Warriors are historically good this year. And the Spurs are historically good as a franchise. They would be title contenders every single year in NBA history, if not outright favorites, which maybe a few years as exceptions. That doesn't mean the West is weak, the West is quite strong, they just happen to have two dominant teams playing at the same time.

Put this West up against the East Jordan played in, or the West from the 90s and they would destroy. W-L isn't the best metric, but it still speaks to the quality of this conference that there were 8 teams with legitimate shots to be 50 win clubs before Durant went down.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Article should read: Spurs, injury free and playing like it.

TampaDude
03-30-2015, 09:52 AM
I'd be willing to bet good money that one of GS/SA/Cleveland will win the title. Don't think anyone else has much of a shot unless some injuries go down or something.

^ this

Barring LeBron or Kyrie going down, the Cavs are coming out of the East. Anyone who can't see that is ignoring reality.

SpursFan86
03-30-2015, 10:03 AM
I think Malik just meant that the whole "the West is wide-open, so many great teams could come out of it and make the Finals" idea isn't true.

The West is absolutely strong. It makes the East look like a joke, and if you compare it to previous conferences, they look favorable as well. But the idea that there are 6-7 Western teams that could make the Finals (something that has been said all year) is sort of dumb. You have the Warriors who are clear favorites, and then us. I'd be extremely surprised if any other team managed to make it out of the West. The Clippers might have an outside shot as well (2nd best point differential in the league), but I've learned to stop trusting them when it comes to the playoffs :lol

Like Cry Havoc said though, this doesn't mean the West isn't an extremely deep conference. It's just that GS and SA are on a different level. Put any of the top 8 or 9 teams in the East, and assuming they're healthy, they'd get HCA.

Phenomanul
03-30-2015, 12:57 PM
Would be a silly joke from fate if the Mavs dropped to the eighth seed, and exacted revenge on GS for their 2007 debaucle -- again clearing the field for the Spurs to push through and face the Cavs in the Finals again. This year however Kyrie >>>>>>> Gibson so the result wouldn't be a sweep.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Ugh, typical Fuzzy posts..

A lot of content, a lot of words, a lot of criticism, but literally nothing of substance, tbh:lol..such a smug, pompous man, yet has never provided a single piece of decent analysis in his entire posting history on SpursTalk..

Arguing that "we haven't seen what these teams will do" and that the field is wide open is extremely corny, it's the type of analysis you would hear on NBA TV in a segment appealing to casual fans:lol..This nigga is using logic that essentially argues that teams like the Bucks and Nets are contenders, because the teams at the top of their conference(Hawks and Cavs) haven't shown anything in the playoffs yet..

It's such amateur and corny analysis..Ugh, disgusts me..

And I'm not sure what stat you're referring to..if you're questioning the Warriors metrics that I referred to, then you're ignoring a season-long team sample size that has accurately gauged championship success for past teams over a range of 30+years:lol..smh..

I guess it's not as good as "it's wide open" and the fucking Toronto Raptors are contenders:lmao(who I no Raptors fan in the world believes).."teams might implode" :lmao such riveting analysis, tbh..

Me saying there is no empirical data to go by is amateur? You are going to try the "I know you are but what am I" and hope people buy your horseshit. There is still no data empirical data on how the top teams will perform deep in the playoffs. You ignore that point like the plague, coward.

You are regurgitating an sbnation article, fuckface. There are less than 10 teams that meet your biasing and they all didn't win the championship. 4 of the teams are the same squads like Michael's Bulls. You haven't even made the argument. Plus GS' differential has been declining since your puff piece. You've asserted it and then basically whacked off about how wonderful advanced stats are. It's easy to sort spreadsheet columns!

Your stat models nothing. It is an aggregate and you have no concept of statistical analysis. Correlation does not imply causation.

MateoNeygro
03-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Plus we've had a tough, tough schedule. Proud of our boys. Just need to keep getting better.

MateoNeygro
03-30-2015, 03:56 PM
I want a Spurs vs. Cleveland finals soooo bad. That OT game was incredible. If I can't get that I'd take GS vs. Cleveland. Either would be a ton of fun to watch. PRAYING to the Basketball Gods that it's our Spurs though. GO SPURS GO. GET SIX.

Brazil
03-30-2015, 04:52 PM
GSW is absolute favorite to win the west, there is nothing flukish about their run but we will see how they handle the POs even though they seem to be a team to go well in POs: strong defense, outside shooting, ball movement etc

After them it's for me Spurs and Houston imho... I think we are all sleeping a bit on Houston, if Harden somehow reached another level and deliver in POs what he is producing in RS, they are as good as anybody outside GSW.

Dark Horse would be Dallas, since rondo they are pedestrian but they showed last year what a team with good vets can do when properly coached.

Then the rest, I don't buy a lot on the Clippers tbh... not sure why but I don't see anything different from previous seasons. Memphis has the same short comings than before. :lol Portland

Brazil
03-30-2015, 04:55 PM
The East is a joke outside Cavs and Hawks... but I believe Chicago will be a pain in the ass to handle for anybody in the east, dat MVPau tbh

Brazil
03-30-2015, 05:01 PM
GSW is absolute favorite to win the west, there is nothing flukish about their run but we will see how they handle the POs even though they seem to be a team to go well in POs: strong defense, outside shooting, ball movement etc

After them it's for me Spurs and Houston imho... I think we are all sleeping a bit on Houston, if Harden somehow reached another level and deliver in POs what he is producing in RS, they are as good as anybody outside GSW.

Dark Horse would be Dallas, since rondo they are pedestrian but they showed last year what a team with good vets can do when properly coached.

Then the rest, I don't buy a lot on the Clippers tbh... not sure why but I don't see anything different from previous seasons. Memphis has the same short comings than before. :lol Portland

^ Beverley being out not sure about my take anymore :lol thats a lot of minutes for Jet :lol

TD 21
03-30-2015, 06:08 PM
:lol At Harlem laying the smack down on FuzzyLumpkins.

The only contenders the past three seasons have been the Heat, Spurs and Thunder. The only contenders this season are the Warriors, Spurs and Cavaliers. Obviously, injuries derailed the Thunder, otherwise it would have been four straight seasons of James' team, the Spurs and Thunder.

Harlem is right when he says the vast majority of on air national analysts pretend differently to drum up as much interest as possible and to keep the casual fan interested. But, the part he left out is, a lot of these people possess outdated mindsets and don't know what they're talking about.

They're all about who's supposedly "tough" and plays traditional. This is precisely why the Grizzlies and to a lesser extent, Bulls, suck these fools in every year. The same Grizzlies who, if not for Ginobili's injury in '11 and Westbrook's in '13, would more than likely have a grand total of one playoff series win during this era.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-30-2015, 06:54 PM
:lol At Harlem laying the smack down on FuzzyLumpkins.

The only contenders the past three seasons have been the Heat, Spurs and Thunder. The only contenders this season are the Warriors, Spurs and Cavaliers. Obviously, injuries derailed the Thunder, otherwise it would have been four straight seasons of James' team, the Spurs and Thunder.

Harlem is right when he says the vast majority of on air national analysts pretend differently to drum up as much interest as possible and to keep the casual fan interested. But, the part he left out is, a lot of these people possess outdated mindsets and don't know what they're talking about.

They're all about who's supposedly "tough" and plays traditional. This is precisely why the Grizzlies and to a lesser extent, Bulls, suck these fools in every year. The same Grizzlies who, if not for Ginobili's injury in '11 and Westbrook's in '13, would more than likely have a grand total of one playoff series win during this era.

Oh another pumpkin!

My first argument was that he was long on assertions and very short on basis. So what do you do?

The only contenders the past three seasons have been the Heat, Spurs and Thunder. The only contenders this season are the Warriors, Spurs and Cavaliers.

At least he gave the aggregate point differential. We know you guys want to talk about aggregate or efficiency stats or the actual outcomes along the range. You guys don't want to talk about predictive models. No instead you write more shitty romance:

They're all about who's supposedly "tough" and plays traditional. This is precisely why the Grizzlies and to a lesser extent, Bulls, suck these fools in every year

So now you are telling us stories about the national media that thinks with one brain as well as personifying sports teams and making up stories about that shit too.

It's meaningless drivel. I mean I am not adverse to romance but I prefer stories of honor as opposed to self affirming bullshit. Unfortunately with your stories its always about how you were right and others were fooled. It's tantamount to masturbation.

None of it has to do with anything on the court either. No team that has HCA has made it to the Conference Finals. It is what it is and you cannot even address it.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
03-31-2015, 07:00 AM
GS are not the favorites. They haven't even made a WCF in 10+ years. Spurs are the favorites then GS. Regular season ball is much more different than playoff ball. Just ask the Mavs and Spurs that when they were knocked out of the playoffs being the #1 seeds and the best record in the NBA.

heyheymymy
03-31-2015, 07:12 AM

thanks good read

TD 21
03-31-2015, 04:38 PM
Oh another pumpkin!

My first argument was that he was long on assertions and very short on basis. So what do you do?

At least he gave the aggregate point differential. We know you guys want to talk about aggregate or efficiency stats or the actual outcomes along the range. You guys don't want to talk about predictive models. No instead you write more shitty romance:

So now you are telling us stories about the national media that thinks with one brain as well as personifying sports teams and making up stories about that shit too.

It's meaningless drivel. I mean I am not adverse to romance but I prefer stories of honor as opposed to self affirming bullshit. Unfortunately with your stories its always about how you were right and others were fooled. It's tantamount to masturbation.

None of it has to do with anything on the court either. No team that has HCA has made it to the Conference Finals. It is what it is and you cannot even address it.

:lol Look through my post history if you care to, I guarantee you won't find a post where I ever trumpeted anyone but the teams I listed as true contenders. I've been wrong when it comes to a few series predictions (who isn't?), but never about this.

I don't know what you're getting at with the last part. If you're referring to the Spurs, let's just say they're unique compared to most teams that don't have home court. The reason those teams almost never make it to the CF is because they're not good enough. The Spurs are only where they are due to a combination of injuries, boredom and fatigue. When healthy and engaged, even in their diminished state, they're no worse than the second best team in the conference, as most metrics are beginning to bear out.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-31-2015, 06:31 PM
:lol Look through my post history if you care to, I guarantee you won't find a post where I ever trumpeted anyone but the teams I listed as true contenders. I've been wrong when it comes to a few series predictions (who isn't?), but never about this.

I don't know what you're getting at with the last part. If you're referring to the Spurs, let's just say they're unique compared to most teams that don't have home court. The reason those teams almost never make it to the CF is because they're not good enough. The Spurs are only where they are due to a combination of injuries, boredom and fatigue. When healthy and engaged, even in their diminished state, they're no worse than the second best team in the conference, as most metrics are beginning to bear out.

Sorry puto but you don't get to interject 'look it up yourself' when it comes to reviewing your mental masturbation. I don't give a fuck tbh. You blustering certainty in an uncertain world just goes to show your character and nothing more.

No, you are continuing to be a lazy bastard who tells bad stories. That second paragraph is a steaming pile of emotional drivel. Gross generalizations like 'not good' and throway lines about stats that posit nothing. Such insight!

Most metrics? 538 is using past years data to boost their differential but outside of that you are completely full of shit. 538 also doesn't conflate that into post season success. The 2014 -15 stats don't say that at all really although I am sure you could try and bias out something to get a differential if you wanted to.

Now see what I did there? I actually addressed what you said. Now lets talk about the things I have said that you completely ignore and present no valid response.

1) There is no empirical data for playoff success for the top teams in either conference. All of the previous contenders are having down years.

2) Aggregate stats are one thing as they certain represent a season. It's generalized at best though. When you change it to an efficiency it has no analog to the real world. It is not representative of any sample. Further it models absolutely nothing and demonstrates no causative mechanics at all. While Sloan and others are trying to rectify that issue, biasing statistician wannabes such as yourself can only sort columns and wave your hands.

3) Your takes are declarations without basis for the most part particularly your emotional generalizations which I view as nothing more than lazy thinking.

4) You toss out generalizations about stats and never actually supply them. When I look them up they don't say what you claim.