PDA

View Full Version : Manu brings the Nasty

$pursDynasty
03-28-2015, 07:33 AM
We all recall that famous huddle soundbite when Pop requested some nasty from the Spurs two seasons back. Well in the past two games we have seen Manu put the hard foul on Westbrick that obviously affected the most athletic player in the league and last night, though it didn't 'seem' intentional, it was a Manu collision with Monte that had him leaving the game early in the 2nd half not to return. With the Spurs players offensive games seemingly coming back around, a little harder edge and upgrading the defensive intensity might be the final element we need to implement before we start this playoff run. Tiago and Manu's return seem to coincide with a little improvement defensively. The Spurs remain vulnerable to penetrating PG's but an increase in defensive intensity along with continued health will make the Spurs the team that no one in the West wants to play. Manu might relish the enforcer role on the team, knowing that he can't carry the team to a title on his back alone, he can pick his spots with points, facilitating offense and if need be injecting the proper attitude into a team on the defensive end that can at time be too 'Euro' which can be a synonym for soft. Hell while Tiago will never be mistaken for Blake Griffin, he is taking the ball to the hoop with more ferocity lately, at least for him.

TMTTRIO
03-28-2015, 07:55 AM
I always found it interesting that Manu's one of the most hated players in the league (other than Spurs fans).

sammy
03-28-2015, 08:08 AM
I always found it interesting that Manu's one of the most hated players in the league (other than Spurs fans).

Yes, but they wish they had him on their team! He would be loved if he was on their team!

Old School 44
03-28-2015, 08:59 AM
I think a lot of it's born out of his reputation for flopping. I'll admit early in his career he embellished a lot of the contact, especially when he took a charge, but he hasn't been flopping for some time now.

Manu-of-steel
03-28-2015, 10:45 AM
The collision with Ellis was accidental. Although lately, Manu's defensive intensity has increased. Tiago is now banging more in the paint, which is not always a thing of beauty but the results are mostly positive..

DMC
03-28-2015, 11:32 AM
We don't want Manu bringing the nasty. He's not our enforcer. He gets hurt too damn easy.

ElNono
03-28-2015, 06:40 PM
He really has been aggressive, which is good. Just like when Battier tried to get in his head in Game 5 last season, you get Gino mad, he gets going, and it's contagious.

rmt
03-28-2015, 06:50 PM
He really has been aggressive, which is good. Just like when Battier tried to get in his head in Game 5 last season, you get Gino mad, he gets going, and it's contagious.

Don't think Manu is someone you want to get mad - he feeds too much off emotion.

look_at_g_shred
03-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Don't think Manu is someone you want to get mad - he feeds too much off emotion.

Sean Cagney
03-28-2015, 11:38 PM

They used to love dude like in 04-05 as far as NBA fans go (Nuggets or Suns fans that year though probably not) so I never got any of the hate either. He is a good dude and I have heard some call him nasty in his prime (Meaning good obviously) so not everyone hates on the dude. I think some bitter rival fans just called him a flopper and so on. They are just hating and they would love him on their team in all reality. I did not know he was one of the most hated players int he league though, Bowen was at the time he was playing but he was a tough D player and supposedly did some dirty things so I understand that.