PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mayweather wants to beat Pac in impressive fashion

RsxPiimp
03-28-2015, 02:10 PM
WBC/WBA welterweight and junior middleweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (47-0, 26KOs) is pushing himself to the limit in training camp. Mayweather is a few weeks away from the biggest fight of his career. He faces career rival Manny Pacquiao, the WBO's champion at welterweight on May 2nd from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The fight is already going to be the biggest money maker in the history of boxing. Mayweather is slated to make $180 million dollars from the contest. Althought his nickname is 'Money' - Mayweather wants to beat Pacquiao in very impressive fashion so the fans can get their money's worth on fight night.

Even before this article, Stephen A (Floyd's mouthpiece) is on record saying Mayweather wants to embarrass, not just win, but embarrass Pacquiao come May 2nd. Floyd has been dropping sparring partners in sessions and he's been working a lot more in his punching power.

This has the potential to go down as the best in boxing history.

Koolaid_Man
03-28-2015, 02:13 PM
Get off that niggas dick and hop on mine...after all you have 500 reasons to... bitch...

baseline bum
03-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Mayweather is too concerned about his image. Just fight his normal defensive fight and Manny doesn't have a chance.

RD2191
03-28-2015, 03:26 PM
I wonder how many excuses May is going to pull once he loses?

FkLA
03-28-2015, 03:37 PM
:lol How is Paquiao his career rival? His ducking has never allowed him to have one.

lil'mo
03-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Potential to be best in boxing history :lmao :lmao :lmao

Trill Clinton
03-28-2015, 04:12 PM
@27:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qneFjVJgjLw

Trill Clinton
03-28-2015, 04:26 PM
one of the best trainers in boxing, naazim richardson, spitting hot fire at the 2:07 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=112&v=BO1ki7O6SrA

FkLA
03-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Black people are choosing the black boxer? That's shocking. I think Tyson has been the only one to pick Pacman, mainly bc he's crazy enough to think for himself.

Koolaid_Man
03-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Black people are choosing the black boxer? That's shocking. I think Tyson has been the only one to pick Pacman, mainly bc he's crazy enough to think for himself.

Mike is jealous of Floyd...simply because he used to be the king of the boxing world making mega bucks and now he's reduced to basically a circus clown..talking about his life in front of crowds just to make some money...he's just jealous

the other thing with Mike to consider is that he wasn't a boxer...he was a knockout artist....the minute he faced a real boxer who could seriously throw them hands he fucking bit his ears off...so I don't expect much real on point analysis from my nikka Mike...

StrengthAndHonor
03-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Floyd's punching power has always been underrated. He can surely knock people out.

StrengthAndHonor
03-28-2015, 05:08 PM
one of the best trainers in boxing, naazim richardson, spitting hot fire at the 2:07 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=112&v=BO1ki7O6SrA
Even Justin Fortune, Pacquiaos's strength and conditioning coach also picked Floyd to win before he went under Manny's payroll. It's on YouTube I believe:lol

baseline bum
03-28-2015, 05:15 PM

If this was 2009 Manny would definitely beat that ass. But I don't think he has that lightning fast straight left that he sent DeLaHoya into retirement with anymore. If you ask me the better boxer all time I'm picking Manny, but right now in 2015 I gotta go Floyd by a mile.

Trill Clinton
03-28-2015, 06:57 PM

Neither one of the men in the vid's chose floyd to win, chill.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2015, 09:25 PM
so a clown on roids beatin a guy not on roids

whats there to watch?

Killakobe81
03-29-2015, 09:23 AM
If this was 2009 Manny would definitely beat that ass. But I don't think he has that lightning fast straight left that he sent DeLaHoya into retirement with anymore. If you ask me the better boxer all time I'm picking Manny, but right now in 2015 I gotta go Floyd by a mile.

Manny was a beast but even 5 years ago he loses.

Koolaid_Man
03-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Manny was a beast 5 years ago

So was A-Rod.....tbh :lol

DMC
03-29-2015, 10:59 AM
There's no loser here except the clowns paying big money to watch it. Both fighters are making more than entire NBA rosters get in a year. It's pathetic to think there could be a loser if both people leave the ring alive.

Cry Havoc
03-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Manny was a beast but even 5 years ago he loses.

I love how sure you are of yourself. So you're putting money on this fight, right? Since there's no way for May to lose, why not throw down a couple of Gs and reap the easy profits?

FkLA
03-29-2015, 01:53 PM
I love how sure you are of yourself. So you're putting money on this fight, right? Since there's no way for May to lose, why not throw down a couple of Gs and reap the easy profits?

I always laugh when Mayweather fans act like that. As if theres any fights he's won against legendary, in their prime boxers to go off of. :lol

Floyd is like '14 Wichita St. Undefeated but vs lesser competition compared to the other all-time greats of his generation.

Killakobe81
03-29-2015, 02:44 PM

Two things. I don't really bet on sports anymore except event in the moment type bets like right before the Super Bowl. If someone wants to bet me on fight night nothing crazy I'll do it.
This is Sports talk people make confident and definitive statements all the time sometimes after just a single game about whole careers. I feel confident pbf will win you don't so what? Am I supposed to make half Ass pussy statements such as Floyd will win if ...? I care about sports knowledgeable about hoops, football and boxing. Sometimes I get it wrong (Dwill vs CP3 LeBron vs Spurs last year) but I get many shit right (Durant over Oden, ADavis, Lakers not contenders with Dwight and Nash etc so much shit..)
if I am wrong here ...I'll give you your props.

Cry Havoc
03-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Two things. I don't really bet on sports anymore except event in the moment type bets like right before the Super Bowl. If someone wants to bet me on fight night nothing crazy I'll do it.
This is Sports talk people make confident and definitive statements all the time sometimes after just a single game about whole careers. I feel confident pbf will win you don't so what? Am I supposed to make half Ass pussy statements such as Floyd will win if ...? I care about sports knowledgeable about hoops, football and boxing. Sometimes I get it wrong (Dwill vs CP3 LeBron vs Spurs last year) but I get many shit right (Durant over Oden, ADavis, Lakers not contenders with Dwight and Nash etc so much shit..)
if I am wrong here ...I'll give you your props.

Come on Killa. You better than that.

It's not about being confident. It's about making absolute statements without even entertaining the possibility of anything else.

When you say things without even the most basic of reservations, you sound a lot like this:

WhflPwaTtXg

Isn't it easy to draw parallels? Same rhetoric, same "it's over" vernacular. It's the antithesis of well-reasoned debate and discourse.

RsxPiimp
03-29-2015, 06:10 PM

It's not about being confident. It's about making absolute statements without even entertaining the possibility of anything else.

When you say things without even the most basic of reservations, you sound a lot like this:

WhflPwaTtXg

Totally agree. At least give us some analysis why you think Fighter A will beat Fighter B. Saying you enjoy talking about sports and not give a decent take makes you just look naive.

RsxPiimp
03-29-2015, 06:13 PM
That said, why is Floyd talking all this crap? We all know he hasn't knocked out anyone in years. Last time he did, it was in a form of a sucker punch :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ix39ui4XSQ

FkLA
03-29-2015, 07:03 PM
That said, why is Floyd talking all this crap? We all know he hasn't knocked out anyone in years. Last time he did, it was in a form of a sucker punch :lol

Not to mention the fact that that looked like Ortiz got paid his couple millions to take that punch. Seriously the lead-up to the punch looked fake af tbh.

Killakobe81
03-30-2015, 12:17 AM
I have plenty of takes on why PBF will win look at the other threads. Cry knows this and is playing dumb in this one ...Lol.
I won't rehash all. But the short of it, PBF is a better counter puncher than JMM who dropped Manny when he was two years at least younger than he is now. All of a sudden he now has figured out how to beat that kind of style? I will give pac credit even though he was robbed he did do better vs Bradley in the rematch ... but Floyd aint Bradley. Better hand and head speed , the shoulder rolls, the pinpoint counter punching. He has only lost in two judges scorecards in his career. I don't know are those not plenty of reasons? ... not to mention his perfect recOrd.I have said all of this in various threads over the past couple years.

Of course Manny has a punchers chance already said that too ...what I said was I could not imagine him OUTPOINTING PBF on a scorecard ...meaning I can't imagine a world where he wins a honestly judged fight by decision. Maybe he scores an upset knockout. But I wouldn't bet on it but if it goes to a decision smart money is on Mayweather.

Does that work for you Cry?

Killakobe81
03-30-2015, 12:22 AM

WhflPwaTtXg

Isn't it easy to draw parallels? Same rhetoric, same "it's over" vernacular. It's the antithesis of well-reasoned debate and discourse.

Lol you did see I said that was one take I got wrong? I ain't Stephen A or Skip. But ig I feel I am right I say it.

DMC
03-30-2015, 12:33 AM
"Pac vs Mayweather"

Pac says He'll win"

"Mayweather had Pancakes"

"Pac has a Cramp"

"Mayweather's Dad said he's Hungry Too"

"Mayweather Wants to Win"

"Pac Wants to Win"

I wish yall had Mayweather packed up your asses so you'd shut the fuck up about boxing, or go down with Avante and talk about black athletes.

AlexJones
03-30-2015, 01:15 AM
NBA too weak as it is right now that's why boxing has to be talked about here

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 01:30 AM
NBA too weak as it is right now that's why boxing has to be talked about here

Yeah that western conference is terrible, with like 7 teams with a shot at 50 wins.

FkLA
03-30-2015, 02:05 AM
I have plenty of takes on why PBF will win look at the other threads. Cry knows this and is playing dumb in this one ...Lol.
I won't rehash all. But the short of it, PBF is a better counter puncher than JMM who dropped Manny when he was two years at least younger than he is now. All of a sudden he now has figured out how to beat that kind of style? I will give pac credit even though he was robbed he did do better vs Bradley in the rematch ... but Floyd aint Bradley. Better hand and head speed , the shoulder rolls, the pinpoint counter punching. He has only lost in two judges scorecards in his career. I don't know are those not plenty of reasons? ... not to mention his perfect recOrd.I have said all of this in various threads over the past couple years.

Of course Manny has a punchers chance already said that too ...what I said was I could not imagine him OUTPOINTING PBF on a scorecard ...meaning I can't imagine a world where he wins a honestly judged fight by decision. Maybe he scores an upset knockout. But I wouldn't bet on it but if it goes to a decision smart money is on Mayweather.

Does that work for you Cry?

Or on the flip side you could mention how Maidana or Ortiz' relentless stalking gave him some trouble. And those are slow, B-level boxers...Manny will go after him with more fury. Or how about the fact that JMM isn't the same type of counter puncher as Floyd, since he's actually not scared to strap down and exchange big punches when the situation calls for it.

Regarding the record, '14 Wichita St. Have Floyd fight prime Barrera twice, prime Erik Morales three times and prime JMM four times like Pacman did and see if Floyd comes out undefeated. :lol

http://i.imgur.com/T91p2.gif

Relax brah.

Killakobe81
03-30-2015, 06:37 AM
Or on the flip side you could mention how Maidana or Ortiz' relentless stalking gave him some trouble. And those are slow, B-level boxers...Manny will go after him with more fury. Or how about the fact that JMM isn't the same type of counter puncher as Floyd, since he's actually not scared to strap down and exchange big punches when the situation calls for it.

Regarding the record, '14 Wichita St. Have Floyd fight prime Barrera twice, prime Erik Morales three times and prime JMM four times like Pacman did and see if Floyd comes out undefeated. :lol

Relax brah.

I could but I ain't arguing Pac will win ...that's your job you know how debates work ...right? That's what makes this fight intriguing. Like I said before PBF has slipped both in prime the only hope was a flash knockout for Manny ...know I think he COULD smother PBF and knock him out with a barrage ...possibly. but a decision favors Floyd

DMC
03-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Relax brah.
:lol You using the "mad" defense every time I take you to the woodshed.

FkLA
03-30-2015, 10:00 AM
:lol You using the "mad" defense every time I take you to the woodshed.

Sure. As long as it relaxes you can think that if you'd like. :tu

DMC
03-30-2015, 10:20 AM
Sure. As long as it relaxes you can think that if you'd like. :tu
Cue the Dunning - Kruger argument.

FkLA
03-30-2015, 10:34 AM
?

You're clearly not dumb just always angry af. If you lash lash out at people IRL like you do on here then you clearly need anger management tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
03-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Why is blood clot here trying to talk about boxing?:lol