PDA

View Full Version : 13 wins out of last 16 games

100%duncan
03-29-2015, 08:18 PM
shouldve been 15 if not for the cavs choke and knicks brainfart.

Talk about peaking at the right time.

Mel_13
03-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Double digit leads in all 16 games, 20 point leads in 8 of the 16.

TXstbobcat
03-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Keep it going Tuesday against the Heat!!! :flag:

RD2191
03-29-2015, 08:20 PM
too bad a rookie dropped a career high on parker

100%duncan
03-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Double digit leads in all 16 games, 20 point leads in 8 of the 16.

Refreshing. While we see teams like Wash, Raps, Hawks, Grizz melting down just before the real season starts

PingPong
03-29-2015, 08:25 PM
The only thing missing from last season is Mills shooting well again.

Agloco
03-29-2015, 08:32 PM
The only thing missing from last season is Mills shooting well again.

And that could be a major problem.

Uriel
03-29-2015, 08:36 PM
The most encouraging aspect of the Spurs' recent surge is not so much that they've racked up so many wins in this stretch, as it is the quality of these wins. All of them have been decisive blowouts, with some of those games even reaching 30 / 40 point leads at one point.

Point differential is the best predictor of playoff success. As it stands, the Spurs look like the only team in the West that can legitimately challenge Golden State come playoff time.

Malik Hairston
03-29-2015, 08:39 PM
The most encouraging aspect of the Spurs' recent surge is not so much that they've racked up so many wins in this stretch, as it is the quality of these wins. All of them have been decisive blowouts, with some of those games even reaching 30 / 40 point leads at one point.

Point differential is the best predictor of playoff success. As it stands, the Spurs look like the only team in the West that can legitimately challenge Golden State come playoff time.

I agree, but if the Spurs make it to the WCFs to meet Golden State, their respective paths are going to be dramatically different..

Right now, the odds are that the Spurs are going to finish as the 6 seed..they're going to get Houston or LA in the 1st round, and then Houston or LA in the 2nd round..both without HCA:(..

The Warriors are going to get a 1st round bye in OKC without Durant and a banged up Ibaka, and then an easy-ass 2nd round against declining teams in Portland or Memphis..sucks..

tholdren
03-29-2015, 08:41 PM

Where are you coming up with point differential is the best predictor of playoff success?

- 13 wins out of last 16 and the best part is that we are getting great play from different guys especially Diaw, KL, and Splitter - got to keep riding the confidence train here. GSG

SpursFan86
03-29-2015, 08:41 PM
I agree, but if the Spurs make it to the WCFs to meet Golden State, their respective paths are going to be dramatically different..

Right now, the odds are that the Spurs are going to finish as the 6 seed..they're going to get Houston or LA in the 1st round, and then Houston or LA in the 2nd round..both without HCA:(..

The Warriors are going to get a 1st round bye in OKC without Durant and a banged up Ibaka, and then an easy-ass 2nd round against declining teams in Portland or Memphis..sucks..

We're only 2 games back in the loss column from Memphis...I wouldn't mind this scenario:

GS
Houston
LAC
Portland
SA
Memphis
Dallas
OKC/NO

100%duncan
03-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Our best case is portland with HCA on our side for the 1st round. And just go on from there.

Malik Hairston
03-29-2015, 08:45 PM
^^ 100% agree, I've been saying I want the 5 seed and the Warriors in round 2 for a few weeks..

I can't see Memphis continuing to collapse, though..I'd have to take another look, but the Spurs have a tougher schedule than them IIRC..

Malik Hairston
03-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Spurs still have a game vs. the Warriors, @ OKC, back-to-back vs. Houston, and @ Houston..if they can win both vs. Houston, I'll feel pretty good about their chances for HCA, but that's going to be tough, Rockets have been hot..

Maybe Kerr will rest his guys for the game, hopefully..

RD2191
03-29-2015, 08:49 PM
^^ 100% agree, I've been saying I want the 5 seed and the Warriors in round 2 for a few weeks..

I can't see Memphis continuing to collapse, though..I'd have to take another look, but the Spurs have a tougher schedule than them IIRC..
Been saying for a while now that the sooner we play them the better.

SpursFan86
03-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah I actually didn't think about that. GS has the 1st seed locked up, and that game against us will be the 2nd night of a road b2b for them. There's a good chance we could get to play them sitting out people.

Also, Ibaka could still be out for OKC. As hard as this final stretch looked on paper, we might end up catching a break. Playing OKC twice without KD/Ibaka, Memphis when they've been struggling, post-Rondo Dallas twice, GS once they've already locked up 1st seed and will be on a b2b...it's going to come down to those games against Houston.