PDA

View Full Version : Video: Kawhi Leonard scores 15 straight against Memphis

MarkTravis
03-30-2015, 07:40 AM
Put together this little highlight reel of Kawhi's run. Thought you guys would enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s3_-Dppp8M

100%duncan
03-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Max player doing Max player things

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 08:10 AM
Max. This. Dude.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Two things I love from this video:

1. Kawhi recognizing an inferior defender is on him, and then abusing it. I think part of our system sometimes results in guys opting for passing when in reality they should just go at their man if they have a good matchup.

2. Everyone on the team realizing that Kawhi is getting into a zone and funneling the ball to him. Even when Danny had a decent look, or Parker started a drive, they had Kawhi right off to the side for easy ball movement.

One thing notice is that when we play Dallas, Carlisle has his guys ALL packing the paint as soon as someone starts to get interior penetration. The only guys that don't cheat more than 2-3 steps toward the middle is whoever is on Green, Patty, or Manu. Everyone else dives into the interior to clog easy shots and passing. They're willing to live with open shots from our non-shooters. If we can get players hot and allow them to exert their will over defenders, they won't be able to draw down like that because the double team will destroy the defensive rotation. Kawhi needs to learn to WARP defenses so that they can't get away with collapse schemes like the Mavs run.

All that said, all of these were jump shots. Kawhi needs to know if there's someone undersized on him who's not a great defender, that the ball needs to get flushed or at least he needs to be near the rim finishing.

gilmor
03-30-2015, 08:22 AM
What an asshole this Enrique .. He passed to Kawhi instead of scoring himself..

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Two things I love from this video:

1. Kawhi recognizing an inferior defender is on him, and then abusing it. I think part of our system sometimes results in guys opting for passing when in reality they should just go at their man if they have a good matchup.

Exactly. There was one time where he had an open three but took a couple of dribbles to drain a shot from the top of the key where he'd just hit several in a row. Most players that were hot would have probably taken the three (which is fine) but he saw an easier shot for himself and took it.

Was great hearing the crowd recognize him during that run also.

Brazil
03-30-2015, 09:01 AM
Over 7 FGMs or FTs, Parker gave the last pass on 4, 2 from Green and one was Kawhi creating for himself... but parker does not like him tbh... he was obliged :cry

dominant stretch from Kawhi :tu

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Over 7 FGMs or FTs, Parker gave the last pass on 4, 2 from Green and one was Kawhi creating for himself... but parker does not like him tbh... he was obliged :cry

Stupid fans gonna stupid. You just gotta let em be. The Spurs have been winning a lot lately, so they're typically in a pissy mood, which is a bonus.

SASdynasty!
03-30-2015, 09:08 AM

Yesterday the short bus was mad at Parker for shooting after he gave the ball to Kawhi for 4 straight buckets. They wanted him to pass to Kawhi because he "had made 15 straight points." I guess they forgot that he would have only had 6 straight points if Parker wouldn't have continued to get him the ball. Lol, why can't they just be happy for a great game for Kawhi and a Spurs win?

Spur|n|Austin
03-30-2015, 09:10 AM
It's runs like this that make me excited to not yet know his ceiling - the dude has a bright future.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 09:14 AM

Parker's behind the back to Splitter was nice though. It was in pretty tight quarters and maybe lucky that Tiago was able to catch and finish. But it was great timing in the middle of the run. I was just sure that TP was going to try to somehow get that shot up himself.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Yesterday the short bus was mad at Parker for shooting after he gave the ball to Kawhi for 4 straight buckets. They wanted him to pass to Kawhi because he "had made 15 straight points." I guess they forgot that he would have only had 6 straight points if Parker wouldn't have continued to get him the ball. Lol, why can't they just be happy for a great game for Kawhi and a Spurs win?

Simple. They aren't Spurs fans.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 09:17 AM
It's runs like this that make me excited to not yet know his ceiling - the dude has a bright future.

Exciting to see that his thought process is growing so fast as well. Probably at least half of that is due to being in a system that highlights ball movement and unselfish play. SA was the perfect spot for him to land. Hopefully, he recognizes that and wants to have a career with the Spurs.

MI21
03-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Some may think of it as a weird comparison, but parts of Kawhi's offensive game are starting to resemble the Denver version of Carmelo Anthony.

Very good in the midpost from the triple threat position. Midrange jumpshots. Working the baseline. Average 3pt shooter. Bully around the rim. Average ball-handling.

I see some similarities and for the most part, that's a good thing.

100%duncan
03-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Lol because kawhi wouldnt get 9 more points if not for parker. The majority of those points were dribble pull-ups. Smh this faggot sasdynasty, cant even say something remotely negative at parker

MarkTravis
03-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Some may think of it as a weird comparison, but parts of Kawhi's offensive game are starting to resemble the Denver version of Carmelo Anthony.

Very good in the midpost from the triple threat position. Midrange jumpshots. Working the baseline. Average 3pt shooter. Bully around the rim. Average ball-handling.

The midpost game that Kawhi is developing certainly reminds one of Melo, but the major difference between the two is that scoring came so naturally for Melo, even dating back to high school. Kawhi has never been that guy. The thing that is so interesting about this "experiment" with Kawhi, if you want to call giving him more one-on-one possessions that, is whether or not is possible to manufacture someone into a go-to perimeter scorer when that is not in their nature and their base offensive skills don't scream "scorer".

Thus far, Kawhi is passing that test with flying colors. His growth has been fantastic and well ahead of the curb. Hard not to be impressed with him.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-30-2015, 09:28 AM
GROSS! Mark Travis. Big time Spur Hater! Remember 2 years ago when the Knicks were going to beat us?!? Because I haven't forgot the garbage you spew.

TampaDude
03-30-2015, 09:48 AM
Put together this little highlight reel of Kawhi's run. Thought you guys would enjoy it.

Mama there goes that man...

Brazil
03-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Parker's behind the back to Splitter was nice though. It was in pretty tight quarters and maybe lucky that Tiago was able to catch and finish. But it was great timing in the middle of the run. I was just sure that TP was going to try to somehow get that shot up himself.

yeah not too bad for the worst passer of the team tbh

Brazil
03-30-2015, 09:51 AM
BTW thanks OP to put that video together :tu

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 09:55 AM
yeah not too bad for the worst passer of the team tbh

I call him the least best passer.

FkLA
03-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Why did he only have one FGA after that? Did someone else go into heromode to steal his moment?

Brazil
03-30-2015, 09:57 AM

least best = the worst in a list where you put Beli, Kawhi... :lol

Brazil
03-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Why did he only have one FGA after that? Did someone else go into heromode to steal his moment?

no but posters like you like to trash no matter what so there is that...

There is nothing in the next possessions that was forced or not in the flow of the game except one transition (and we already talked about it) where Parker was stuck in a messy situation and has been bailed out by the refs.

Parker fed Kawhi on 4 of 7 FGAs going after a mismatch, this is something we know, the rest is bitching for the sake of bitching.

SASdynasty!
03-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Lol because kawhi wouldnt get 9 more points if not for parker. The majority of those points were dribble pull-ups. Smh this faggot sasdynasty, cant even say something remotely negative at parker
That's not the point bro. The point is Parker could have forced shots but he realized that Kawhi had defensive mismatches and got him the ball over and over and over. Then when Parker had opportunities to score, he took them. Then, when he had Tiago on a break, he dished. It was amazing offense all around and led to us winning the game. Here's what I have bad to say about Parker: he didn't do the same in the first half. He took a few shots that were forced and a few other floaters that didn't go down. He wasn't scoring or assisting at all in the first half...out of rhythm. Then things started falling for him in the second half and when he saw Kawhi getting hot (scoring 6 in a row), he got the ball to him the next 4 possessions.

I'm not sure how long you guys have been watching the Spurs but this elite level of play isn't going to last forever. Maybe you guys didn't have to endure the Robinson era or worse, just before it. But if winning games and championships isn't enough for you guys, it's going to be rough for you when the time comes when we aren't a contender every year.

FkLA
03-30-2015, 10:18 AM
no but posters like you like to trash no matter what so there is that...

There is nothing in the next possessions that was forced or not in the flow of the game except one transition (and we already talked about it) where Parker was stuck in a messy situation and has been bailed out by the refs.

Parker fed Kawhi on 4 of 7 FGAs going after a mismatch, this is something we know, the rest is bitching for the sake of bitching.

I'm not saying he flat out denied Kawhi the ball. I actually thought he went out of his way to get Kawhi the ball on the corner 3.

My problem is, Enrique is 32. We know what we have with him. What exactly is he trying to prove by going into 'closer' mode (more like hero mode but that is beside the point) once Kawhi helped build a double digit lead?

I think Kawhi should've been force fed as long as he was draining shots. Not bc he is a better closer than Rique yet
yet but bc that would do wonders for his confidence in the clutch. For Enrique it does nothing since he's a vet with tons of closing experience.

pgardn
03-30-2015, 10:21 AM

Steal his moment?
Are you Fckn kidding?

Moments are made WITHIN the context of the TEAM winning. You strive to make fanciful team acrimony based on your delusional needs to like a player. I swear to God you are a middle school girl.

Btw, KLs hots ended on a shot in which he had a wide open jumper and he was horribly out of rhythm. His body took a really strange route into what had been a thing of beauty. He was thinking on something that should be all muscle memory. Which leads to my belief he is not a true scorer, he has a conscience. The perfect Spur imo.

And I thoroughly enjoyed the display, he took another step forward last nite.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Steal his moment?
Are you Fckn kidding?

Moments are made WITHIN the context of the TEAM winning. You strive to make fanciful team acrimony based on your delusional needs to like a player. I swear to God you are a middle school girl.

Btw, KLs hots ended on a shot in which he had a wide open jumper and he was horribly out of rhythm. His body took a really strange route into what had been a thing of beauty. He was thinking on something that should be all muscle memory. Which leads to my belief he is not a true scorer, he has a conscience. The perfect Spur imo.

:tu Well said.

FkLA
03-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Steal his moment?
Are you Fckn kidding?

He took his next shot after not touching the ball the previous 3-4 possessions actually. 15 straight points on perfect shooting and gets 1 FGA the rest of the way...how is that reasonable? He's a dude that's still figuring out just how good he can be and you go away from him when he's in a zone lie that. Fuck outta here. :lol

100%duncan
03-30-2015, 10:28 AM
That's not the point bro. The point is Parker could have forced shots but he realized that Kawhi had defensive mismatches and got him the ball over and over and over. Then when Parker had opportunities to score, he took them. Then, when he had Tiago on a break, he dished. It was amazing offense all around and led to us winning the game. Here's what I have bad to say about Parker: he didn't do the same in the first half. He took a few shots that were forced and a few other floaters that didn't go down. He wasn't scoring or assisting at all in the first half...out of rhythm. Then things started falling for him in the second half and when he saw Kawhi getting hot (scoring 6 in a row), he got the ball to him the next 4 possessions.

I'm not sure how long you guys have been watching the Spurs but this elite level of play isn't going to last forever. Maybe you guys didn't have to endure the Robinson era or worse, just before it. But if winning games and championships isn't enough for you guys, it's going to be rough for you when the time comes when we aren't a contender every year.

Its just like yall to bring irrelevant subjects to the main topis like your whole 2nd paragraph when it comes to defending TP.

I agree TP did well last game but he didnt do anything exceptional, which is fine as long as he plays within the system. But don't you realize that by giving TP so much props for an OK game just prove how bad he's playing this (and the past season)?

UZER
03-30-2015, 10:28 AM
Kawhi going to the next level offensively is a consistent reliable jumper.

pgardn
03-30-2015, 10:33 AM
He took his next shot after not touching the ball the previous 3-4 possessions actually. 15 straight points on perfect shooting and gets 1 FGA the rest of the way...how is that reasonable? He's a dude that's still figuring out just how good he can be and you go away from him. Fuck outta here. :lol

Its reasonable because we were still scoring. When a guy hits 15 straight the opponents have a tendency to overplay that player and deny, if they are smart. Then we, the TEAM, take advantage of that. KL opened them up and clear penetrations ensued, exactly what a TEAM wishes for.

His moment... For christsakes you root for the wrong team. Kobe will hopefully be back next year for fans like you. Go follow Stephon Marbury in the Chinese league meantime...

RD2191
03-30-2015, 10:37 AM

RD2191
03-30-2015, 10:38 AM
Lol @ all the faggot parker fans. of course that french scrub had to pass the ball, pop would tear him a new asshole if he ignored kawhi while he was in his zone.

RD2191
03-30-2015, 10:39 AM

im surprised you can type with parkers dick up your ass

FkLA
03-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Its reasonable because we were still scoring. When a guy hits 15 straight the opponents have a tendency to overplay that player and deny, if they are smart. Then we, the TEAM, take advantage of that. KL opened them up and clear penetrations ensued, exactly what a TEAM wishes for.

His moment... For christsakes you root for the wrong team. Kobe will hopefully be back next year for fans like you. Go follow Stephon Marbury in the Chinese league meantime...

Kawhi is going to have to close for the Spurs in the near future. Until then he needs to have his moments here or there where he closes to build up his confidence. Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to allow for one of those moments.

It has nothing to do with points. It has to do with the ridiculousness of the whole situation...15 straight points on perfect shooting and they go away from him bc a 32 yr old, experienced vet with nothing to prove feels like he needs to go into 'closer' mode? Please.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2015, 10:58 AM
:lmao Enriquesuckers trying to give Enrique the credit for Kawhi's clutchness.

:cry "But, but, Enrique passed Kawhi the ball!" :cry Yet they want to ignore how Enrique then started freezing out Kawhi because of his jealousy :lol

These player fans have no shame and should head over to Lakersground, where they'd fit in perfectly.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 11:04 AM
oh well...

I can't count the number of times that Parker pushes the ball down the court with numbers and then doesn't pass to an open player but instead pulls the ball back out and sets up the offense. And THEN immediately tries to dribble drive after the D is set.

RD2191
03-30-2015, 11:12 AM
:lmao Enriquesuckers trying to give Enrique the credit for Kawhi's clutchness.

:cry "But, but, Enrique passed Kawhi the ball!" :cry Yet they want to ignore how Enrique then started freezing out Kawhi because of his jealousy :lol

These player fans have no shame and should head over to Lakersground, where they'd fit in perfectly.
it's getting pathetic tbh

RD2191
03-30-2015, 11:12 AM
:toastto kawhi tho, the real mvp.

100%duncan
03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
:toastto kawhi tho, the real mvp.

We go as far as that cold blooded autistic takes us tbh

benefactor
03-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Don't you guys ever get tired of fagging up threads with Parker bullshit?

RD2191
03-30-2015, 11:34 AM
:lol

RD2191
03-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Don't you guys ever get tired of fagging up threads with Parker bullshit?
brazil was the one that started crying about it. this was a kawhi thread and he had to bring up parker some unknown reason.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2015, 11:37 AM
If/when Kawhi leaves the Spurs, it's because of Enrique's selfishness and all the faggy-ass foreign fans who hate him and don't give him any credit. If his name was Pierre Leonardo, I bet he wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much hate.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 11:40 AM
If/when Kawhi leaves the Spurs, it's because of Enrique's selfishness and all the faggy-ass foreign fans who hate him and don't give him any credit. If his name was Pierre Leonardo, I bet he wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much hate.

I can't imagine how bad it would be here if Parker is still on the team and Leonard is gone. In that situation, I would assume that Bonner is re-upped and motions are in place to bring back Jefferson.

100%duncan
03-30-2015, 11:45 AM
I can't imagine how bad it would be here if Parker is still on the team and Leonard is gone. In that situation, I would assume that Bonner is re-upped and motions are in place to bring back Jefferson.

And Id die watching a game

benefactor
03-30-2015, 12:02 PM
brazil was the one that started crying about it. this was a kawhi thread and he had to bring up parker some unknown reason.
:lol...I saw that. Are all French so worried about being conquered that they have to preemptive strike like that?

RD2191
03-30-2015, 12:06 PM
:lol...I saw that. Are all French so worried about being conquered that they have to preemptive strike like that?
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/589434_o.gif

And yes, I'm guessing so.:lol

wildbill2u
03-30-2015, 12:27 PM
It's always fun to see Spurs play well and have shooting streaks. Fifteen is a pretty good achievement for Kwahi.

Manu Ginobili scores 18 straight points after Pop ejection - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmtJzxfGAzw

Manu Ginobili Scores 24 Straight Points Agaist the Hawks 22/02/07 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYFJ91zcPVc

ElNono
03-30-2015, 12:51 PM

The only knock on Tony right now is that he needs to put together a 48 mins game. He was great in the 2nd half, but he stunk up the joint in the 1st half. If he can get that down, he will have completed his road to recovery.

look_at_g_shred
03-30-2015, 12:54 PM
The only knock on Tony right now is that he needs to put together a 48 mins game. He was great in the 2nd half, but he stunk up the joint in the 1st half. If he can get that down, he will have completed his road to recovery.
I agree; however, most of the time we don't need him to play well Ever quarter. So long as he gives us one great quarter,
primarily the 4th. I get it though, a full 48 will only make us that much tougher as his penetration is key to our offense.

apalisoc_9
03-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Should have a 20 point or even a 30 point quarter..

But some players are really talented in terms of stealing the limelight..

it is what it is.

Some players like kawhi are team players some are not...

look_at_g_shred
03-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Should have a 20 point or even a 30 point quarter..

But some players are really talented in terms of stealing the limelight..

it is what it is.

Some players like kawhi are team players some are not...
I agree to an extent, but when playing teams like Memphis splitters inside scoring is vital! So I'm ok with splitter stealing some of kawhis shots. It resulted in a W so I'll take it!

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 01:21 PM
I agree; however, most of the time we don't need him to play well Ever quarter. So long as he gives us one great quarter,
primarily the 4th. I get it though, a full 48 will only make us that much tougher as his penetration is key to our offense.

LOL. New motto for Tony, "Just give us one good quarter...and try to make it the 4th." It's a good thing he doesn't start.

Clipper Nation
03-30-2015, 01:29 PM
You do realize he's making $43 million, right? Only showing up for one quarter at the most isn't good enough.

apalisoc_9
03-30-2015, 01:31 PM
You do realize he's making $43 million, right? Only showing up for one quarter at the most isn't good enough.

Parker can be shitty in three of 4 quarters...But other players can't..

Talk about accountability.

This guy is getting free passes just as much as Blake's wife getting free dicks.

look_at_g_shred
03-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Kobe making 50 million soley to pass Jordan in the scoring column. Whatever works for their org. I guess.

apalisoc_9
03-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Kobe making 50 million soley to pass Jordan in the scoring column. Whatever works for their org. I guess.

Kobe 2015 and Parker 2015 is a great comparison.

look_at_g_shred
03-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Parker can be shitty in three of 4 quarters...But other players can't..

Talk about accountability.

This guy is getting free passes just as much as Blake's wife getting free dicks.
The difference is if parker has a bad game, there's a good chance we can still win. If leonard has a bad game, we lose. KL has more responsibility on this team winning/losing IMHO. No player fan here.

look_at_g_shred
03-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Kobe 2015 and Parker 2015 is a great comparison.
Not really. One has another chance to ring this year.

Seventyniner
03-30-2015, 02:23 PM
It has nothing to do with points. It has to do with the ridiculousness of the whole situation...15 straight points on perfect shooting and they go away from him bc a 32 yr old, experienced vet with nothing to prove feels like he needs to go into 'closer' mode? Please.

Nah, you're just mad that your favorite player got his streak snapped and your least favorite player played well at the end of the game. Immediately following Kawhi's streak, the Spurs got 8 points on 3 possessions (Tony and-1, Danny jumper, Tiago and-1). Yet you still complain. Christ almighty.

Mel_13
03-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Nah, you're just mad that your favorite player got his streak snapped and your least favorite player played well at the end of the game. Immediately following Kawhi's streak, the Spurs got 8 points on 3 possessions (Tony and-1, Danny jumper, Tiago and-1). Yet you still complain. Christ almighty.

Exactly, and extended the lead from 10 to 16 points in less than two minutes while involving the other four players on the floor. In other words, Spurs basketball.

DarrinS
03-30-2015, 02:37 PM

Tony is the second best French passer on the Spurs.

Yuixafun
03-30-2015, 02:38 PM
I was at the game, row 23 section 128, after he nailed the third shot of course I had to yell he's on fire... One of those shots I was like nooooo... As soon as he caught the ball on the baseline he spun into a fade away jumper swish.... Then I yelled damn kawhi it's like that? It was such a fluid shot, in a hearbeat. When he capped off his run with the 3, crowd was euphoric.

Parker looked excellent, to me, his movement, like ok it's about time to get serious.

Yuixafun
03-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Kawhi is going to have to close for the Spurs in the near future. Until then he needs to have his moments here or there where he closes to build up his confidence. Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to allow for one of those moments.

That's not how it went down though... They went to Kawhi again and he missed, and then Spurs just started playing their free wheeling offense. The movement, the passing up shots for better one for teammates.

What the heck do you want, just keep force feeding him? Man... The Spurs are a team where everyone chips in... Tony didnt decide to just stop going to KL, on some hidden agenda tip... It just stopped being the best option. It was great to see everyone get involved after Kl offense, droppex the Grizzly guard.

Spurs looked easily superior to the Griz... Kl on Conley, man... I imagined being Conley for a moment, Kl arms stretched out and aggressive, it was terryfying haha

Brazil
03-30-2015, 03:00 PM

to be fair he is having a stretch of consistent games lately, yesterday he was down first half no doubt but it happens. Overall he has to be credited with a good game even though a bit up and down

apalisoc_9
03-30-2015, 03:11 PM
his only value is defense...

ElNono
03-30-2015, 03:20 PM
to be fair he is having a stretch of consistent games lately, yesterday he was down first half no doubt but it happens. Overall he has to be credited with a good game even though a bit up and down

He's had these problems with consistency in the last few games, tbh, it's not isolated to just this one. The exception is probably the OKC game, IIRC, where he did have a very good, rounded game.

That's why I'm saying he's definitely on the road to recovery, completely agree he should be lauded for turning things around, he was a shell of his former self just two months ago.

dabom
03-30-2015, 03:22 PM
He's had these problems with consistency in the last few games, tbh, it's not isolated to just this one. The exception is probably the OKC game, IIRC, where he did have a very good, rounded game.

That's why I'm saying he's definitely on the road to recovery, completely agree he should be lauded for turning things around, he was a shell of his former self just two months ago.

Pretender to contender. I agree.

lefty
03-30-2015, 03:24 PM
Fuckn Enrique had to stop the run, jealous POS

apalisoc_9
03-30-2015, 03:24 PM
Fuckn Enrique had to stop the run, jealous POS

Brazil
03-30-2015, 03:38 PM

Honestly when compared with two months ago, I would have signed in a heartbeat to get this version of Parker... he is coming back from one of worst nba starter to productive nba starter and he has a bit of time still to be more consistent. I think this Parker version plus a bit of conditioning is ok to be contender, bobo and tiago are also back, now and as mentioned by Harlem in his Malik account version, Patty and 3 pts shooting are the main areas still behind so far.

BillMc
03-30-2015, 03:42 PM

Cool vid. Thanks for posting.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2015, 03:56 PM
spurfans = happy with a Spurs win and good team performance

Agenda Krew = :madrun

milkyway21
03-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Lol @ fans saying TP deliberately ignoring Kawhi.

K...
03-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Man it also sucks that the refs don't let kawhi decides when the game ends and begins. I've seen kawhi come so close to setting career highs only to have zebra man end the game. So unfair.

wildbill2u
03-30-2015, 05:16 PM
spurfans = happy with a Spurs win and good team performance

Agenda Krew = :madrun

:toast

therealtruth
03-30-2015, 07:01 PM
So this is the new version of 4 down?

therealtruth
03-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Honestly when compared with two months ago, I would have signed in a heartbeat to get this version of Parker... he is coming back from one of worst nba starter to productive nba starter and he has a bit of time still to be more consistent. I think this Parker version plus a bit of conditioning is ok to be contender, bobo and tiago are also back, now and as mentioned by Harlem in his Malik account version, Patty and 3 pts shooting are the main areas still behind so far.

I think what made us so dangerous last year is that everybody was a threat to go off so it made it hard to gameplan against. TP just needs to remain a threat.

Southwest Texas Fan
03-30-2015, 07:54 PM

And add the fact that he's an incredible defender.

FkLA
03-30-2015, 08:29 PM

You can turn it into a player A vs player B argument but answer me these two questions:

1. How much confidence in the clutch could closing out in instances like these build for a young guy like Kawhi that's still figuring out just how good he can be?
2.How much confidence could closing out in instances like these build for an experienced vet like Rique that's been there and done that?

It's not the end result that is bothersome since the Spurs won. It's Rique's unwillingness to allow Kawhi to spread his wings completely, like I said I don't understand why he still feels like he has something to prove by going into 'closer' mode when he's been there and done that. Kawhi had 1 FGA the rest of the way and Rique had what, like 5-6 FGAs? Yet yall will sit there and argue that he didn't go into hero mode. :lol

That's not how it went down though... They went to Kawhi again and he missed, and then Spurs just started playing their free wheeling offense. The movement, the passing up shots for better one for teammates.

3-4 possessions later

What the heck do you want, just keep force feeding him? Man... The Spurs are a team where everyone chips in... Tony didnt decide to just stop going to KL, on some hidden agenda tip... It just stopped being the best option. It was great to see everyone get involved after Kl offense, droppex the Grizzly guard.

Yeah, why not force feed him until it stops working? He was perfect from the field/FT line.

What about when Enrique goes into 'closer' mode aka hero mode in the 4th? Like yesterday or Game 5 of the Finals...how come the Spurs aren't a team where everyone chips in then?

Spurs looked easily superior to the Griz... Kl on Conley, man... I imagined being Conley for a moment, Kl arms stretched out and aggressive, it was terryfying haha

Agree which is why I wanted the ball in Kawhi's hands late. It would've done wonders for his development to close out a game against a team that never really threatened the Spurs much. Obviously against the top tier teams in the playoffs I'd rather Manu/Rique close.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2015, 08:41 PM
You can turn it into a player A vs player B argument but answer me these two questions:

1. How much confidence in the clutch could closing out in instances like these build for a young guy like Kawhi that's still figuring out just how good he can be?
2.How much confidence could closing out in instances like these build for an experienced vet like Rique that's been there and done that?

It's not the end result that is bothersome since the Spurs won. It's Rique's unwillingness to allow Kawhi to spread his wings completely, like I said I don't understand why he still feels like he has something to prove by going into 'closer' mode when he's been there and done that. Kawhi had 1 FGA the rest of the way and Rique had what, like 5-6 FGAs? Yet yall will sit there and argue that he didn't go into hero mode. :lol

3-4 possessions later

Yeah, why not force feed him until it stops working? He was perfect from the field/FT line.

What about when Enrique goes into 'closer' mode aka hero mode in the 4th? Like yesterday or Game 5 of the Finals...how come the Spurs aren't a team where everyone chips in then?

Agree which is why I wanted the ball in Kawhi's hands late. It would've done wonders for his development to close out a game against a team that never really threatened the Spurs much. Obviously against the top tier teams in the playoffs I'd rather Manu/Rique close.So how is yours not a player A vs. player B argument?

Seventyniner
03-30-2015, 08:59 PM

Kawhi went 6-7 FG in the 4th, Parker went 4-6. Kawhi had a much better game, I'm not arguing that. But you're comparing 6 FGA for Parker to 1 FGA for Leonard in a 7-minute span as if the whole game were like that.

Given that the final margin was 14 points, I would say that just about the entire 4th quarter was closing time. Kawhi single-handedly brought the lead from 4 to 10 and he deserves props for it. So does the rest of the team that held and extended the lead until the game was no longer in doubt.

I say that Kawhi not only had a chance to "close" (because the beginning of the 4th was the most tense part of the game), he made the absolute most of it, and there was no true crunch time in this game because once Kawhi had done his work, the Spurs' lead was double-digits the rest of the way.

One more thing: Kawhi's run was started by the Grizzlies daring to defend him with Nick Calathes. After Kawhi hit his first few shots on Nick, the Grizzlies went to Jeff Green who didn't have much success, but contested Kawhi better. Once Calathes sat down, the biggest mismatch on the floor was gone.

K...
03-30-2015, 09:01 PM
God damn it. Kawhi gets so much love from both Spurs fans, NBA fans,and the Spurs coaching staff but that's still not enough?

Y'all are really bringing your own senses of personal entitlement and putting them on Kawhi.

I guarantee you Kawhi doesn't give a shit about parker running the offense. He is by far and away the most improved player since he came into the league, but god damn even that's enough. You people ain't gonna rest until Mike Jordan bequeathes the throne.

dabom
03-30-2015, 09:05 PM
God damn it. Kawhi gets so much love from both Spurs fans, NBA fans,and the Spurs coaching staff but that's still not enough?

Y'all are really bringing your own senses of personal entitlement and putting them on Kawhi.

I guarantee you Kawhi doesn't give a shit about parker running the offense. He is by far and away the most improved player since he came into the league, but god damn even that's enough. You people ain't gonna rest until Mike Jordan bequeathes the throne.

Why do you care how much love Kawhi gets? You sound like a big 3 mainstream fan. :lmao

faggot :lmao

Silver&Black
03-30-2015, 09:09 PM
dabom is one of the best posters on this site IMO

dabom
03-30-2015, 09:13 PM
dabom is one of the best posters on this site IMO

:bobo

Silver&Black
03-30-2015, 09:16 PM

I was being sarcastic you dumb fuck.....

dabom
03-30-2015, 09:18 PM

You couldn't catch mine though faggot. :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB

:lol taking the bait

N0 LyF3 ScRuB

:rollin

dabom
03-30-2015, 09:19 PM
:lol taking the bait

2 losers got caught with some inception shit. :lmao

ChumpDumper
03-30-2015, 09:23 PM
I was being sarcastic you dumb fuck.....:bobo

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-30-2015, 09:24 PM
i woke up this morning with peanut butter in my butt

i woke up this morning with the smell of peanut butter on my lip.

dabom
03-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Editing replies. :lmao

faggot :lmao

Clipper Nation
03-30-2015, 09:26 PM
Today I called maintenance to fix my closet door that continued to fall off in my shitty apartment. In doing so, I accidentally slipped out that I had two pet cats. I woke up from a nap to see that I received a default on my lease stating I need to get rid of my cats or else I would receive a fee.

This apartment has been horrible. It's nice and right by campus, however, there has been multiple issues with the apartment. I also have no interest in removing my cats from the premises. I can pay a fee of $300 and keep ONE cat, but that seems not likely because these two cats are related and they cannot be separated.

I am pondering not paying the fine and getting evicted. I am a college student; therefore I am broke and cannot afford to pay all these stupid ass fees and continue paying rent. I am sure I'm not the only one that has been through this, so I need advice on the best possible option and/or what I should do or if I'm not making the 'smart' decision.

If you guys need any more information, I will be happy to give it to you.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-30-2015, 09:26 PM
i get embarrassed when cute girls talk to me.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-30-2015, 09:28 PM
I live in a t-pea and feast on rice, grounds, and corn, while the white man rapes me of my land, and anus.

dabom
:lmao

Clipper Nation
And fuck all you cat haters. Cats are the fucking shit homie. We adopted them from my girls sister who was having a baby so she had to get rid of them

dabom
Clips with the truth bombs. :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-30-2015, 09:29 PM
i have trouble standing around in public because I get claustrophobic in tight spaces.. Or around people in general.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Clipper Nation winning at these arguments like the Clippers winning the NBA Finals..

Clipper Nation
03-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Well... Lets look at their first three years off each other.. I'll use Montana's fourth year included:

Yards:
Newton: 11,229
Montana: 7,973
Advantage: Cam

TD's/INT's:
Newton: 64/42
Montana: 51/38

QBR AVG:
Newton: 86.4
Montana: 86.3

Rushing Yards:
Newton: 2032 yards, 28 TD's, 5.6 rushes per carry
Montana: negative yards

Completion %:
Newton: 59.8%
Montana: 61.6%
Advantage: Montana

apalisoc_9
03-30-2015, 10:03 PM
Wow a thread to praise Kawhi and all the rique fanboys turned this thread about parker again.

Sad..

I guess no other player beside parker deserves recognition here.

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2015, 10:04 PM

:lmao

Messing with her emotions

ChumpDumper
03-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Wow a thread to praise Kawhi and all the rique fanboys turned this thread about parker again.

Sad..

I guess no other player beside parker deserves recognition here.You're too emo.

Take a break.

RD2191
03-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Lol, faggot parker fans getting owned per usual.

RD2191
03-30-2015, 10:22 PM
Crofl cat man.

K...
03-30-2015, 10:32 PM
KAWHI LEONARD IS A GOOD PLAYER

lefty
03-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Lol, faggot parker fans getting owned per usual.

Russo21
03-30-2015, 10:44 PM
Not a bad video from OP. Though some of those mid-range shots just aren't going to go in some nights. Some of them were defended ok also. There wasn't many easy lay-ups etc which isn't overly high % offense. Reminded me a bit of Melo's game (career best 49% FG, career worst 42%) In a perfect world you'd like to see more lay-ups and interior hooks etc.

Overall, awesome job by Kawhi though. Players need a back up plan for when their jump shots just aren't falling though (which Kawhi has, but obviously didn't need as his shots were falling :) ) 25 points, 10 rebounds, formidable defence. One of the best all around players in the NBA, damn we are lucky to have him on our side :)

Clipper Nation
03-30-2015, 10:52 PM
KAWHI LEONARD IS A GOOD PLAYER

He's a great player, not just a "good" one. Stop being such a biased player fan.

dabom
03-30-2015, 10:56 PM
He's a great player, not just a "good" one. Stop being such a biased player fan.

Dude sounds like it hurt him to type that. :lmao

apalisoc_9
03-30-2015, 10:57 PM

ChumpDumper
03-31-2015, 12:37 AM
Another day, another Kawhi Krew meltdown.

It's cute the way you hold each other through the hard times of Spurs' victories though.

DAF86
03-31-2015, 01:43 AM

Kawhi's game reminds me more of Jordan, tbh. The mits, the one hand control, the post ups, the mid range shot.

03-31-2015, 01:45 AM

:lol

hitmanyr2k
03-31-2015, 08:56 AM
Kawhi's game reminds me more of Jordan, tbh. The mits, the one hand control, the post ups, the mid range shot.

I don't think he really looks anything like Jordan. In those highlights he looked almost identical to Pippen. All of the spots he scored from on the floor is pretty much where Pippen used to work. It was almost a mirror image of the midrange game to the post moves and the jumphook.

SnakeBoy
03-31-2015, 10:15 AM

Nice work, thanks.

Pretty impressive few minutes from Kawhi. Someday he is going to be good enough to score 30 points in a game.

DAF86
03-31-2015, 12:11 PM
I don't think he really looks anything like Jordan. In those highlights he looked almost identical to Pippen. All of the spots he scored from on the floor is pretty much where Pippen used to work. It was almost a mirror image of the midrange game to the post moves and the jumphook.

Well, MJ and Scottie where somewhat similar in their style of play, imho.

dabom
03-31-2015, 02:00 PM
Nice work, thanks.

Pretty impressive few minutes from Kawhi. Someday he is going to be good enough to score 30 points in a game.

We can tell you don't like kawhi.

Faggot. :lmao

SnakeBoy
03-31-2015, 02:11 PM

I think Kawhi is great. Someday he is going to get 30 points in a game. If he can figure out dribble penetration he'll do more than that.

I don't know why your upset that I think he can eventually score 30 points.

dabom
03-31-2015, 02:13 PM
I think Kawhi is great. Someday he is going to get 30 points in a game. If he can figure out dribble penetration he'll do more than that.

I don't know why your upset that I think he can eventually score 30 points.

You make it seem like it's a goal of his. Winning FMVP or MVP is a goal. Good thing he already has one. Don't feel bad if he hasn't hit 30 in a game because noone gives a fuck about that tbh faggot.

wildchild
03-31-2015, 02:13 PM

Well, he has a poor way to look the game.

He thinks the player who scores 30 point in a regular season game is better than the kid who scored 29 points in a Finals game and won the FMVP.

dabom
03-31-2015, 02:14 PM
Well, he has a poor way to look the game.

He thinks the player who scores 30 point in a regular season game is better than the kid who scored 29 points in a Finals game and won the FMVP.

:lmao snakeboy with the bads per par.

SnakeBoy
03-31-2015, 02:29 PM
You make it seem like it's a goal of his. Winning FMVP or MVP is a goal. Good thing he already has one. Don't feel bad if he hasn't hit 30 in a game because noone gives a fuck about that tbh faggot.

You're going to start like 5 threads about it when he does so yeah someone does. Just trust me on this, someday he'll manage to get 30 points so don't be so sensitive about it.

dabom
03-31-2015, 02:30 PM
You're going to start like 5 threads about it when he does so yeah someone does. Just trust me on this, someday he'll manage to get 30 points so don't be so sensitive about it.

So much smugness from you. Faggot. :lmao

wildchild
03-31-2015, 02:44 PM
Nah, you're just mad that your favorite player got his streak snapped and your least favorite player played well at the end of the game.

Not sure if that's about favorite vs least favorite players. It's short-term vs long-term thinking on the Spurs as franchise.

Like FkLA said, Kawhi could be the future of the Spurs and he's trying to build his confidence.
But he's trying to find his offensive game playing under a system which doesn't allow him get many touches or play 40 minutes per game -like other young stars in the league- to extend his opportunities on offense.

On the other hand, this team don't need to develop proven scorers like the Big 3.
So if he's having a hot scoring streak and can get those offensive opportunities in a double digits team-lead, it sounds reasonable to ask why he didn't touch the ball the next minutes.

Kawhi went 6-7 FG in the 4th, Parker went 4-6. Kawhi had a much better game, I'm not arguing that. But you're comparing 6 FGA for Parker to 1 FGA for Leonard in a 7-minute span as if the whole game were like that.

If the Spurs had some double-digits lead in the last quarter, the young player -who is the guy that the team want to develop- was on fire, and the opponent defensive move -with Green for Clathes- wasn't successful, it's a fair question to ask what was the reason for not giving the ball to him at least two or three times more in that quarter.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-31-2015, 02:50 PM
Well, it's nice to see what one or two retards can do to ruin a thread.

wildchild
03-31-2015, 03:04 PM
It's funny how people were criticizing Steve Nash last days on ST, but one thing I always admired about him is the way he was able to make his teammates better, how he influenced and helped his young teammates to develop their games. Barbosa, Dragic, Robin Lopez, Dudley, Tucker...
Lou Amundson wasn't better than Ayres but only Nash could make him look like a good NBA player.

Even if people here think this is a blasphemy, in that aspect of the game Nash was the Duncan's type of leader.
They learned how to help young players and make their developments a priority over his own scoring in the last years of their careers.
They trust in young stars, they have the patience to develop these guys when they make some mistakes and the ability to realize the best play for their teammates' games.

100%duncan
03-31-2015, 03:39 PM
Lol30pts being a big deal to a 23yr old fmvp

Seventyniner
03-31-2015, 09:36 PM
Well, it's nice to see what one or two retards can do to ruin a thread.

You must be new here...