PDA

View Full Version : Fuddruckers

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 08:46 AM
It's not the absolute greatest burger by it's pretty good imo. Better than 5 Guys. The buns are awesome and I like the vegetable bar where you can add whatever you want. Even salsa or pico. Red onions. Jalapenos. Shredded Lettuce, iceberg, or Romaine.
Plus, free cheese sauce (hot or regular) to put on the fries which are great.

Also have exotic meats for the burgers. I've tried a few and they're good.

I'm a fan.

Thread
03-30-2015, 08:54 AM
The ordering protocol is screwy there, and it's always cold by the time you get it.

No, can't, no.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 09:00 AM
The ordering protocol is screwy there, and it's always cold by the time you get it.

No, can't, no.

what? I've never had that issue. You order and pay and they give you a buzzer. As soon as your burger's done, they put it on the counter and buzz you. Unless you sit around and wait, it should always be hot.

UZER
03-30-2015, 09:00 AM

No, can't, no.

Of course it gets cold when you walk with a walker to go get it. Have one of your grandchildren bring it to you ya old geezer.

Thread
03-30-2015, 09:39 AM
what? I've never had that issue. You order and pay and they give you a buzzer. As soon as your burger's done, they put it on the counter and buzz you. Unless you sit around and wait, it should always be hot.

+ that fucking revolving pie case. I never can be sure if I can get a piece without paying for it,,,or not. Fuck.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 09:42 AM
+ that fucking revolving pie case. I never can be sure if I can get a piece without paying for it,,,or not. Fuck.

LOL. Dumbass. You're thinking of Puddfucker's.

baseline bum
03-30-2015, 09:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PAAPIAH.jpg

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 09:52 AM
a little off topic but

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/klaq.com/files/2011/07/072711.jpg

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 09:53 AM
http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/uploads/2014/02/Pho-King-Delicious.jpg

UZER
03-30-2015, 10:20 AM

No, can't, no.

Of course it gets cold when you walk with a walker to go get it. Have one of your grandchildren bring it to you ya old geezer.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 10:22 AM
It's not the absolute greatest burger by it's pretty good imo. Better than 5 Guys. The buns are awesome and I like the vegetable bar where you can add whatever you want. Even salsa or pico. Red onions. Jalapenos. Shredded Lettuce, iceberg, or Romaine.

I'm a fan.

I thought it was great until I went to The Counter.

The Counter dumpsters FRs. It's a solid burger, unspectacular. I'd be fine going there if my options were limited.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 10:28 AM

The Counter dumpsters FRs. It's a solid burger, unspectacular. I'd be fine going there if my options were limited.

I haven't heard of the Counter but I'll keep an eye out for it. Ah...I see that they're only in the Houston are right now.

Blake
03-30-2015, 10:29 AM
I don't get the disdain for Fudds. A little pricy, but solid burger, great fresh buns, and you load up the toppings yourself.

...Not a fan of the steak cut fries though I know a lot of people are.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 10:36 AM
I don't get the disdain for Fudds. A little pricy, but solid burger, great fresh buns, and you load up the toppings yourself.

...Not a fan of the steak cut fries though I know a lot of people are.

It's a big chain, that's where most of the hate comes from.

I quite like Fuddruckers. Better than most places burgers by an (un)healthy margin. There's just a ton of burger joints here in the Bay Area.

sandman
03-30-2015, 11:37 AM

On Washington? Tried to get there when I was back home last week for a quick visit, but couldn't. That place is awesome. I had to load up on Tex-Mex and BBQ while I had the chance!

DMX7
03-30-2015, 11:47 AM
http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/uploads/2014/02/Pho-King-Delicious.jpg

Who doesn't love Pho-King?

Cry Havoc
03-30-2015, 11:48 AM
On Washington? Tried to get there when I was back home last week for a quick visit, but couldn't. That place is awesome. I had to load up on Tex-Mex and BBQ while I had the chance!

Nah. I live between San Francisco/San Jose.

sandman
03-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Nah. I live between San Francisco/San Jose.

Ah. For the record, I was in SF as well this last week. Sounds like I could have hit both "The Counter" places in Houston and SF!

DJR210
03-30-2015, 02:05 PM

I'm a fan.

Bend over.. I'll show you an exotic meat

DJR210
03-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Anyone ever remember a steak restaurant called U.R. Cooks? Why the fuck would anyone want to drive to a spot and pay restaurant prices to cook your own fucking steak..

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Anyone ever remember a steak restaurant called U.R. Cooks? Why the fuck would anyone want to drive to a spot and pay restaurant prices to cook your own fucking steak..

LOL. I never heard of that. That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. And a just as terrible name. I'm sure someone thought it all genius. Either that or someone had so much money that they decided to create this as a colossal troll job.

Blake
03-30-2015, 02:14 PM

yeah, vaguely recall.lol

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 02:19 PM
yeah, vaguely recall.lol

Sounds like a great place to take a wife if you wanted to show her how much you wanted her to cheat on you.

Aztecfan03
03-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Had it once when i was a kid and it was wasn't even pretty much rare and just fell apart.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Had it once when i was a kid and it was wasn't even pretty much rare and just fell apart.

what the fuck does that even mean?

jeebus
03-30-2015, 05:30 PM
bend over and I'll show you what it means.

Thread
03-30-2015, 05:36 PM
^I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 05:40 PM
+ that fucking revolving pie case. I never can be sure if I can get a piece without paying for it,,,or not. Fuck.Bend over, I'll show you a revolving pie case.

resistanze
03-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Went to D.C./Silver Spring for a conference earlier this month. Went to Fuddruckers, disgusting. Burger wasn't that hot, was crumbly and tasteless. Too many ingredients.

Thread
03-30-2015, 05:46 PM
Bend over, I'll show you a revolving pie case.

I was looking thru Google pics for such a case at Fudd's, but, could not find one. Here in Phoenix, they'd had a circular pie case at the entrance to the line, away from the register. I'd simply eat my meal then when no one was looking get my pie, if the coast was clear. They had a banana cream that would blow your fuckin' shorts off.

Aztecfan03
03-30-2015, 09:19 PM
I started writing it one way but changed it and didn't proofread.

Meant Had it once when i was a kid and it was pretty much rare and just fell apart.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 10:48 PM
I was looking thru Google pics for such a case at Fudd's, but, could not find one. Here in Phoenix, they'd had a circular pie case at the entrance to the line, away from the register. I'd simply eat my meal then when no one was looking get my pie, if the coast was clear. They had a banana cream that would blow your fuckin' shorts off.Huh. That's weird. At the one near where I live, they have the toy snatching machine. One of the prizes is this giant outrageous floppy sticky toy.

Drachen
03-30-2015, 11:35 PM
This is kinda random, but they have the best honey mustard I've ever had.

Also, they started in San Antonio.

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2015, 12:53 AM
i was in vietnam, lets just say any restaurant that has name "meal name and origin of place" all taste like fkn shit or just like any other place

pho cali my ass...taste no different to what the street vendors were selling...

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 08:49 AM
This is kinda random, but they have the best honey mustard I've ever had.

Also, they started in San Antonio.

I was going to mention the honey mustard but then thought it was too random. But it is great. At the ones in this area, they keep it behind the burger counter and you actually have to ask them to fill up a cup for you.

RsxPiimp
03-31-2015, 11:55 AM
they're pretty underrated. i personally like their burgers over 5 guys

benefactor
03-31-2015, 12:17 PM
I thought about this place the other day. Haven't been to one in a couple of years. I've had a lot of good burgers since then, so I don't feel like I've missed much tbh.

CosmicCowboy
03-31-2015, 03:50 PM
Fuddruckers was the bomb when Romano opened the first one off Broadway. Romano then moved on to Macaroni Grill in Leon Springs. Thats when chili's bought Romano out and franchised them all across the country.

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Fuddruckers was the bomb when Romano opened the first one off Broadway. Romano then moved on to Macaroni Grill in Leon Springs. Thats when chili's bought Romano out and franchised them all across the country.

Macaroni Grill is dead to me with no halibut rissoto on the menu anymore.

CosmicCowboy
03-31-2015, 06:54 PM
Macaroni Grill is dead to me with no halibut rissoto on the menu anymore.

The original concept restaurant in Leon Springs was really really good. Chili's did it's usual dumbing down of the menu when it franchised and it lost a lot of it's zing.

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 10:21 PM
The original concept restaurant in Leon Springs was really really good. Chili's did it's usual dumbing down of the menu when it franchised and it lost a lot of it's zing.I disagree. I thought they had pretty good food when Brinker (Chilis) ran them. But Brinker dumped it a coue of years ago.