PDA

View Full Version : Pat Beverley will opt for surgery on left wrist, out for rest of season and playoffs

SpursFan86
03-30-2015, 12:38 PM

Think he's an overrated defender and he's been pretty mediocre this year, but their alternatives are Jason Terry and Prigioni...so this hurts.

8FOR!3
03-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Yikes. Not to mention Jason Terry's really not even a point guard by any means.

BillMc
03-30-2015, 02:10 PM
The way things are going Golden State is the only team I'd list as favorites in a series with the Spurs.

DesignatedT
03-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Huge for us tbh.

SpurPadre
03-30-2015, 02:18 PM
The way things are going Golden State is the only team I'd list as favorites in a series with the Spurs.

Even then, we own them in recent history. When they beat us last month, the local media here in the Bay Area were treating it like they found the Holy Grail, lol.

look_at_g_shred
03-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Even then, we own them in recent history. When they beat us last month, the local media here in the Bay Area were treating it like they found the Holy Grail, lol.
We weren't eve playing the way we are now, and if I'm not mistaken we were up at halftime. It took AI going apeshit from three which is not his forte to make it a blowout.

Chinook
03-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Looks like Pablo is up.

benstanfield
03-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Can Corey Brewer guard the point? If so their best lineup was and still is Harden/Brewer/Ariza/Smith(or DM)/Dwight with Harden bringing the ball up. Prigioni is a good ballhandler when Harden sits but he'd be terrible in the same lineup with him.

aal04
03-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Hopefully Harden takes on Ball Handling duties to go along with SG, and leave him with no energy left on defense.

03-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Whoa this is pretty big if the Spurs ever meet the Rockets in the playoffs. Beverley would have shut down Parker.

DarrinS
03-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Hopefully Harden takes on Ball Handling duties to go along with SG, and leave him with no energy left on defense.

Harden is a notoriously shitty defender.

tmtcsc
03-30-2015, 05:21 PM
Too bad. He deserved to experience getting a beat down of epic proportions. I really want the Spurs to face the Rockets in the playoffs.

SpurPadre
03-30-2015, 05:46 PM
The only real benefit out of this injury is that it prevents this dirty piece of shit from intentionally injuring other players in the playoffs, tbh.

therealtruth
03-30-2015, 07:10 PM
I guess it matters less if we get Grizzlies or Rockets.

z0sa
03-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Never wish an injury upon anyone, but . . . Good.

ElNono
03-30-2015, 08:14 PM
tbh, he's a physical guy that we already know he will go as low as injuring opposing players... so, this is good news... Hopefully they discover AIDS in that wrist when they're checking it out.

SpurPadre
03-30-2015, 08:57 PM
tbh, he's a physical guy that we already know he will go as low as injuring opposing players... so, this is good news... Hopefully they discover AIDS in that wrist when they're checking it out.

Although he did injure that piece of shit Westbrook, so he had that going for him, tbh.

vander
03-30-2015, 09:09 PM
lol yeah Beverley seems to have a thing for Westbrook
http://giant.gfycat.com/DampAlienatedCardinal.gif

Malik Hairston
03-30-2015, 09:31 PM
Huge blow, tbh..

I like Prigioni, but he shouldn't be starting at his current age..Terry, as well(minus the liking him part)..

Beverely is obviously severely limited offensively, but despite Rockets' fans ambivalence towards him, he's still a solid PG and team defender that helped negate Howard's absence, this year..

Brewer is just an average defender, and I don't think Ariza can defend PGs anymore, tbh..

Malik Hairston
04-08-2015, 09:47 PM
We'll see what happens on Friday, but this injury could have changed the entire dynamic of the Spurs matchup problems vs the Rockets, tbh..

They can't stop Tony with 40-year old PGs and they can't guard him with Ariza because that will leave Kawhi on a small..

I imagine McHale will try to guard Parker with Brewer on Friday..he's an average defender, but at least he's long and athletic..

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-09-2015, 07:05 AM
We'll see what happens on Friday, but this injury could have changed the entire dynamic of the Spurs matchup problems vs the Rockets, tbh..

They can't stop Tony with 40-year old PGs and they can't guard him with Ariza because that will leave Kawhi on a small..

I imagine McHale will try to guard Parker with Brewer on Friday..he's an average defender, but at least he's long and athletic..

Thing about Brewer, he is an athletic defender but he isn't an intelligent one. He will get eaten alive by the Spurs ball movement. Just look at his defensive highlights/lowlights of the past, the dude always gets lost in translation.

Losing Beverly, yes just Beverly, totally swung this matchup in to the Spurs favor to the point that that instead of possibly taking the Spurs to 6, I would say the Rockets would get swept by the Spurs in a playoff series.

Seventyniner
04-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Thing about Brewer, he is an athletic defender but he isn't an intelligent one. He will get eaten alive by the Spurs ball movement. Just look at his defensive highlights/lowlights of the past, the dude always gets lost in translation.

Losing Beverly, yes just Beverly, totally swung this matchup in to the Spurs favor to the point that that instead of possibly taking the Spurs to 6, I would say the Rockets would get swept by the Spurs in a playoff series.

Agree about Brewer's BBIQ. I wouldn't trust him to go the right direction on a simple screen, so the loop will completely mindfuck him. He also loves to leak out and cherry-pick, so he's susceptible to shot-fakes.