PDA

View Full Version : Smoking weed as a parent

IronMexican
03-30-2015, 02:54 PM
What the fuck. Why is it such a big deal to do so? My baby's mom never had a problem with me smoking till we had a kid, and other parents think it's awful as well. I'd much rather smoke and go to bed by 12 then drink all night and feel like shit the next day.

Blake
03-30-2015, 03:07 PM
She wants you to live long enough to support the kids, tbh

Infinite_limit
03-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Somewhat common around here in California

The difference is: a drinker still is not allowed to booze everyday. Plus it's difficult and usually weights on the person morally to be (secretly) drunk around the kids/family. While stoners have always been secretly high so it comes natural: just spray cologne and put in eye drops da-da [no different than lighting up cigarette right?]. Sometimes you can still tell and bottom line you are not sober while around the family.

I know some smokers that have the ability to ONLY smoke after 8PM+: all workday sober and came home, had sober dinner, finished the home duties and then lit up. But this is very rare. Eventually there will simply be times that you sneak a toke before work or light up right after coming home from work. Or bringing it with you when commuting long distances. AND main point for your significant other: there will be times on the Weekend when you light up in the daytime.

Some of my smokers realize it's over once kids come into the picture. The others seem to not have desire in kids. One of my good friends quit after kids, now he lights up rare occasions. If you don't quit, how can you properly teach your kids about drug awareness? You will be nothing more than a hypocrite and they will eventually come across your stuff or in general catch on.

When I smoked daily [still always been a drinker] the thought of sober life was very odd. Realizing i will have to go weeks and even months without a foreign substance in my body. But this is when I am at my best. When I mentally and physically reaching my potential. No matter who you are, if you have smoked within the past 10 days, you are not at your 100% best. You also face hurdles in life differently when you are able to use marijuana as a crutch. Essentially any substance you take on a daily basis is bad news.

If you truly only smoked on weekends. I believe it's different.

DarrinS
03-30-2015, 03:33 PM
"my baby's mom"

:lmao

DJR210
03-30-2015, 03:56 PM
My gf quit smoking years ago, and as of late tried to make it known that she thinks I should be "growing out of it"..

I stopped that shit right there like wtf this ain't a phase.. I have made compromises and cut down drastically, and only smoke when everyone is crashed out these days. I'll stop when I'm good and ready.

Pauly D
03-30-2015, 03:57 PM

The difference is: a drinker still is not allowed to booze everyday. Plus it's difficult and usually weights on the person morally to be (secretly) drunk around the kids/family. While stoners have always been secretly high so it comes natural: just spray cologne and put in eye drops da-da [no different than lighting up cigarette right?]. Sometimes you can still tell and bottom line you are not sober while around the family.

I know some smokers that have the ability to ONLY smoke after 8PM+: all workday sober and came home, had sober dinner, finished the home duties and then lit up. But this is very rare. Eventually there will simply be times that you sneak a toke before work or light up right after coming home from work. Or bringing it with you when commuting long distances. AND main point for your significant other: there will be times on the Weekend when you light up in the daytime.

Some of my smokers realize it's over once kids come into the picture. The others seem to not have desire in kids. One of my good friends quit after kids, now he lights up rare occasions. If you don't quit, how can you properly teach your kids about drug awareness? You will be nothing more than a hypocrite and they will eventually come across your stuff or in general catch on.

When I smoked daily [still always been a drinker] the thought of sober life was very odd. Realizing i will have to go weeks and even months without a foreign substance in my body. But this is when I am at my best. When I mentally and physically reaching my potential. No matter who you are, if you have smoked within the past 10 days, you are not at your 100% best. You also face hurdles in life differently when you are able to use marijuana as a crutch. Essentially any substance you take on a daily basis is bad news.

Damn, the truth. Grow the fuck up, man-child. If it's a Friday or Saturday night type thing after the kid's asleep then go at it. But like he said, usually not the case.

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Damn, the truth. Grow the fuck up, man-child. If it's a Friday or Saturday night type thing after the kid's asleep then go at it. But like he said, usually not the case.

Yeah...but you'd also hate for some kind of medical emergency to happen with the child and you have to deal with it in a less than sober state.

DJR210
03-30-2015, 04:03 PM

Damn, you're something like Socrates. Agreed.

DJR210
03-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Yeah...but you'd also hate for some kind of medical emergency to happen with the child and you have to deal with it in a less than sober state.

Not possible IMO. The high would go away immediately if something happened to your child. Weed doesn't work like Heroin

RD2191
03-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Smoke on your own time, tbh. At night when your kid is asleep. It's not as bad as drinking imo but still something kids shouldn't be exposed to at such a young age.

Silver&Black
03-30-2015, 04:07 PM
"my baby's mom"

cantthinkofanything
03-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Not possible IMO. The high would go away immediately if something happened to your child. Weed doesn't work like Heroin

It doesn't?

Seriously though, while I'm sure it'd be a shock and get you straight somewhat, you could still be slower and not as sharp as if you would be at 100%. I guess depending on how baked you were. A similar analogy would be having a couple of drinks to being drunk. Although, being totally drunk would be the least desirable state by far.

IronMexican
03-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Tbh I call her my baby momma because we aren't married, but using the word "girlfriend" sounds odd when you factor in kids.

And it is a weekend type deal, or something to use to go to bed. If there is an emergency, she can drive.

A nigga wants to get high and get his dick sucked. What is the world coming to if I can't get that?

DJR210
03-30-2015, 04:16 PM
It's not as bad as drinking imo but still something kids shouldn't be exposed to at such a young age.

..and they see and know EVERYTHING. I knew my parents were high flyers when I was like 5.. they would leave the bong out when they had company over, and I can remember finding it in their hiding spot and smelling it. I always knew the smell of weed, and I can remember all the people in my life at that time who's house had that smell.

I think you will naturally come around and cut down, but maybe a little pen vaporizer and vaping wax would help you for the time being, IronMexican. No odor, no smoking supplies left out for everyone to see, and it takes like 1-2 hits to feel the same effect as a blunt of dro IMO

IronMexican
03-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Tbh by the time my son is 18, I'd be more mad if he didn't pass it then if I found out he were smoking.

JoeTait75
03-30-2015, 04:28 PM
I only toke up after my kid goes to bed, and only on weekends. Not nearly as much as I used to- an eighth-ounce lasts me 4-5 months now, whereas in the past I'd smoke through a quarter-ounce in a week or two. And I'm never so fucked up that I wouldn't be able to handle an emergency if one comes up. I almost never drink anymore, mainly because a two-year old doesn't give a rat's ass if you're hung over.

spurraider21
03-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Smoke on your own time, tbh. At night when your kid is asleep. It's not as bad as drinking imo but still something kids shouldn't be exposed to at such a young age.
yeah, but you can have a beer with dinner... and nothing will come of it. when you smoke, it will always be visible

occasional drinks at home aren't going to be a poor influence. occasional smoking could

ohmwrecker
03-30-2015, 04:52 PM
yeah, but you can have a beer with dinner... and nothing will come of it. when you smoke, it will always be visible

occasional drinks at home aren't going to be a poor influence. occasional smoking could

How do ya figure?

RD2191
03-30-2015, 04:52 PM

by drinking I mean getting wasted. 2 or 3 aint a big deal imo

spurraider21
03-30-2015, 05:06 PM
How do ya figure?
because having a single beer with a meal wont alter your behavior or appearance

IronMexican
03-30-2015, 05:20 PM
And drinking is for fagots who don't have access to some of the best, cheapest dank in the world.

Infinite_limit
03-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Tbh I call her my baby momma because we aren't married, but using the word "girlfriend" sounds odd when you factor in kids.

And it is a weekend type deal, or something to use to go to bed. If there is an emergency, she can drive.

A nigga wants to get high and get his dick sucked. What is the world coming to if I can't get that?
- You shouldn't need something to fall asleep
- Ideally, someone with children would never hold the mindset of your last sentence
- It seems like you are gonna be that "cool dad". Sucks because seems your child was a surprise and today somewhat of a burden.

SupremeGuy
03-30-2015, 05:25 PM
You probably shouldn't smoke weed around your kids, tbh. lol But whatever, as long as you're not being supported by my tax dollars I could really give a fuck what you do.

HI-FI
03-30-2015, 05:25 PM
..and they see and know EVERYTHING. I knew my parents were high flyers when I was like 5.. they would leave the bong out when they had company over, and I can remember finding it in their hiding spot and smelling it. I always knew the smell of weed, and I can remember all the people in my life at that time who's house had that smell.

I think you will naturally come around and cut down, but maybe a little pen vaporizer and vaping wax would help you for the time being, IronMexican (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12289). No odor, no smoking supplies left out for everyone to see, and it takes like 1-2 hits to feel the same effect as a blunt of dro IMO
cosigned on the bolded. my parents were never like that. but i distinctly remember the first time I smelled it. I was like 12, it was U2's Zoo TV concert in Dallas. some bean3rs in front lit up and I was like "whoa, what is that smell." it's been a love/hate relationship with mary ever since.

i'm currently trying to get back to normal and my sleep has been fucked up for a week now.:bang tbh, it actually affects my sleep quite a bit even when toking. it's similar to alcohol in that regard, it will knock me out for a bit then it starts metabolizing and it's hard to get quality sleep afterwards.

benefactor
03-30-2015, 05:26 PM
And drinking is for fagots who don't have access to some of the best, cheapest dank in the world.
...or those who fear getting random tested...or might need to change jobs. All bets are off when they legalize it in Texas though.

DJR210
03-30-2015, 05:54 PM
.All bets are off when they legalize it in Texas though.

Conservative bastards will probably legalize gay marriage before they legalize weed here

Leetonidas
03-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Just use a vape pen on some dab and tell them it's an e-cig tbh. Problem solved

Pauly D
03-30-2015, 06:38 PM

Ok but you can't just turn off any kinda fun after having a kid. I mean shit, it's not like I'd say light up if you're taking the kid camping or going on a road trip. There's ALWAYS what ifs

although you sound like a fucking 16 yr old teen dad (anyone watch Kroll Show remember C-zar?) if you keep it to no more than a couple nights out of the week, after the kid's asleep, and assuming you're spending plenty of good time with the kid, no biggie

Trill Clinton
03-30-2015, 07:13 PM
if the weed isn't getting in the way of you being the best parent you can be, then i don't see a problem with it. just don't be high around the kid and keep your drugs out of reach.

Buddy Mignon
03-30-2015, 07:21 PM
What the fuck. Why is it such a big deal to do so? My baby's mom never had a problem with me smoking till we had a kid, and other parents think it's awful as well. I'd much rather smoke and go to bed by 12 then drink all night and feel like shit the next day.

That is only the beginning. Next its your Playstation... then your Lakers and Raiders. Basically... whatever she doesn't like she'll convince you to give up. Me personally... I'd slap her for even suggesting I give up a hobby.

Buddy Mignon
03-30-2015, 07:22 PM
Just use a vape pen on some dab and tell them it's an e-cig tbh. Problem solved

Is that how you find a way to sneak around your bitch? Try follwing the same advice I gave Iron, faggot.

z0sa
03-30-2015, 07:49 PM
You're just gonna have to learn to smoke less. A lot less. Go cold turkey for a month, cleanse yourself. Then refrain from smoking anything but 1 to 2 hits of the highest grade at a time.

IronMexican
03-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Ok but you can't just turn off any kinda fun after having a kid. I mean shit, it's not like I'd say light up if you're taking the kid camping or going on a road trip. There's ALWAYS what ifs

although you sound like a fucking 16 yr old teen dad (anyone watch Kroll Show remember C-zar?) if you keep it to no more than a couple nights out of the week, after the kid's asleep, and assuming you're spending plenty of good time with the kid, no biggie

I am c-czar bla bla bla.

I do smoke way less than before tbh. Before I was smoking about an eighth a week and now I don't smoke a gram in that time. Two grams (about 25 bucks) lasts me a month or so. I know a place where you can get some top shelf quarter for 40 bucks, but I never get it, because I would never finish that much.

mavsfan1000
03-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Fuck weed. Hate that shit.

DMC
03-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Those aren't your two choices.

DMC
03-30-2015, 08:20 PM
That is only the beginning. Next its your Playstation... then your Lakers and Raiders. Basically... whatever she doesn't like she'll convince you to give up. Me personally... I'd slap her for even suggesting I give up a hobby.
You fucking faggot. If you have a kid and your immigrant ass is sitting around smoking weed and playing a goddamned Playstation console, export yourself.

Infinite_limit
03-30-2015, 08:25 PM
You're just gonna have to learn to smoke less. A lot less. Go cold turkey for a month, cleanse yourself. Then refrain from smoking anything but 1 to 2 hits of the highest grade at a time.
This is sound advice for all 30 year olds

DMC
03-30-2015, 08:32 PM

lol it's not a mirage either. Chemical highs don't go away because they need to. You might not feel as relaxed, but you'd still be just as high.

Pauly D
03-30-2015, 09:20 PM

It's not about the mom, you dumb shit, it's about the kid

bigzak25
03-30-2015, 09:47 PM
Old habits die hard. Just put your kid and your woman first. Good luck.

spurraider21
03-30-2015, 09:48 PM
by drinking I mean getting wasted. 2 or 3 aint a big deal imo
thats my point. you can have a drink or even two without it taking effect. but how do you do that with weed?

DMC
03-30-2015, 09:52 PM
thats my point. you can have a drink or even two without it taking effect. but how do you do that with weed?
People smoke pot to get high unless you're doing it for "medical reasons" because god knows it cures everything a 17 year old has. Why else would you smoke pot?

With drinks, you drink because you want a drink, not to get drunk. Getting drunk is a side effect to drinking too much. Some seek that side effect, but plenty don't.

Infinite_limit
Low quality grass and/or mixing cigarette

spurraider21
and thats why your single bitter asian ass is muddling its way through life while watching naruto reruns

spurraider21
03-30-2015, 09:53 PM
Low quality grass and/or mixing cigarette
is it even worth it at that point?

spurraider21
03-30-2015, 09:54 PM
People smoke pot to get high unless you're doing it for "medical reasons" because god knows it cures everything a 17 year old has. Why else would you smoke pot?

With drinks, you drink because you want a drink, not to get drunk. Getting drunk is a side effect to drinking too much. Some seek that side effect, but plenty don't.
exactly. this is why unless ur an alcoholic, its not taboo for a parent to have a drink in the house, as long as ur kids dont have access to the bar

DMC
03-30-2015, 09:56 PM
No one says "let's go have a smoke" when they are talking about pot. They say "let's get high". No one says "lets go get drunk" when they are going out to drink, they say "let's go have a few drinks".

spurraider21
03-30-2015, 09:59 PM
No one says "let's go have a smoke" when they are talking about pot. They say "let's get high". No one says "lets go get drunk" when they are going out to drink, they say "let's go have a few drinks".
after a certain age, yes

DMC
03-30-2015, 10:00 PM
after a certain age, yes

I never said "lets get drunk". We always did, but it was inferred, not said. It's always been about the drink, the drunk is when it was over. With pot, it's about the high.

Aztecfan03
03-30-2015, 10:44 PM
I never said "lets get drunk". We always did, but it was inferred, not said. It's always been about the drink, the drunk is when it was over. With pot, it's about the high.
for a lot of college people, it is about being drunk.

Avante
03-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Pot is so nothing, it's not worth doing anything about. If I'm with somebody or around others where it's not cool, why bother with it? Sure it's stupid but we do a lot of stupid shit.

I do pity those who sneak around to smoke pot.

ohmwrecker
03-30-2015, 11:12 PM
because having a single beer with a meal wont alter your behavior or appearance

Not that I condone it, but neither would having a puff or two tbh. Especially if it's not seen.

bigzak25
03-30-2015, 11:22 PM
I condone it.

DJR210
03-30-2015, 11:25 PM
lol it's not a mirage either. Chemical highs don't go away because they need to. You might not feel as relaxed, but you'd still be just as high.

Ok

Spur|n|Austin
03-30-2015, 11:36 PM

Good post man :tu

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 08:59 AM

sure. But those what ifs do happen. If someone isn't willing to give up all of that, then they are going to run the risk (however slight) that it might compromise their ability to make decisions. Hopefully those decisions don't involve the safety and health of the child.

unleashbaynes
03-31-2015, 09:15 AM

That's a load of horse shit. Everyone drinks to get drunk. People would think alcohol tastes like shit if it didn't have the effect it has.

unleashbaynes
03-31-2015, 09:16 AM
Also, smoking isn't a big deal at all for a parent.....you barely ever have time to do it, but it'll get you through some truly boring times.

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 10:01 AM
Also, smoking isn't a big deal at all for a parent.....you barely ever have time to do it, but it'll get you through some truly boring times.

That's a pretty bad attitude. Not being able to deal with boredom so you have to get high?

The Gemini Method
03-31-2015, 10:36 AM
'tis why I took up Heroin...gotta hide the trackmarks though.

Infinite_limit
03-31-2015, 01:15 PM
THE FEET!

mingus
03-31-2015, 01:36 PM
With weed I found that if I bought a large(r) amount (an 1/8 or 1/4), I would make it last a week or two smoking a joint or two spliffs a day. I like wee because it helps me fall asleep (have sleep deprivation problem) but it gets to a point where things just aren't as stimulating without weed if u do it every day: friendships, conversations, tv, video games etc. and I hated that. So whenever I smoke now (which is rare) I only buy a gram at a time, use it for weekend, and that's it. Otherwise I become a pot head.

Luckily I didn't live close to a dealer so I didn't have any compulsion to buy more when I ran out. When I was out that was it.

I think buying buy the gram and not larger amounts might keep it in check for u like it did for me

DMC
03-31-2015, 01:45 PM
That's a load of horse shit. Everyone drinks to get drunk. People would think alcohol tastes like shit if it didn't have the effect it has.

Not true. I drink beer now and then and I haven't been drunk in 20 years or more. I also drink crown and coke or a glass of scotch at times. I don't get drunk from it because I don't go into it to get drunk. If you're not getting drunk from a drink, you must be drinking because you enjoy the drink. Coffee tastes like shit, but people drink it, even decaf.

Infinite_limit
03-31-2015, 01:48 PM
With weed I found that if I bought a large(r) amount (an 1/8 or 1/4), I would make it last a week or two smoking a joint or two spliffs a day. I like wee because it helps me fall asleep (have sleep deprivation problem) but it gets to a point where things just aren't as stimulating without weed if u do it every day: friendships, conversations, tv, video games etc. and I hated that. So whenever I smoke now (which is rare) I only buy a gram at a time, use it for weekend, and that's it. Otherwise I become a pot head.

Luckily I didn't live close to a dealer so I didn't have any compulsion to buy more when I ran out. When I was out that was it.

I think buying buy the gram and not larger amounts might keep it in check for u like it did for me
Well said.

To me: alcohol hangovers are physical while weed is mental. As you described the decrease in stimulation, which to me leads to the increase in quitting. My ability to sit thru a lecture, finish a workout at the gym or even hang out with GF/family starts to feel like an extreme chore.

Yes after smoking: movies, sports, even walking down the street is more stimulating BUT for how long.....15 minutes following a bowl? After that you are feeling more disconnected and less interested than when you are sober.

DJR210
03-31-2015, 03:39 PM
I just got this in..

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/20150331_152236_zpsetabmt3a.jpg

My dealer said it's called 'Bad Parent'

RD2191
03-31-2015, 03:44 PM
I just got this in..

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/DJR210/20150331_152236_zpsetabmt3a.jpg

My dealer said it's called 'Bad Parent'

unleashbaynes
03-31-2015, 06:23 PM
That's a pretty bad attitude. Not being able to deal with boredom so you have to get high?

You don't always have to be doing something every second of every day, you know. Sitting back and relaxing isn't anything to feel guilty about.

unleashbaynes
03-31-2015, 06:24 PM
Not true. I drink beer now and then and I haven't been drunk in 20 years or more. I also drink crown and coke or a glass of scotch at times. I don't get drunk from it because I don't go into it to get drunk. If you're not getting drunk from a drink, you must be drinking because you enjoy the drink. Coffee tastes like shit, but people drink it, even decaf.

So how many people do you know that drink NA beer because they simply enjoy the taste?

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 06:27 PM
You don't always have to be doing something every second of every day, you know. Sitting back and relaxing isn't anything to feel guilty about.Not disagreeing with that. But maybe try to find ways to relax without getting high. I'm sure not one to judge. But getting older and having a family means having to change one's thought process.

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 06:29 PM
So how many people do you know that drink NA beer because they simply enjoy the taste?Beer is eh. But there's nothing like sitting on the porch in the evening enjoying a nice tequila on the rocks.

DMC
03-31-2015, 07:09 PM
So how many people do you know that drink NA beer because they simply enjoy the taste?

They don't make any decent NA beer. You do notice beer drinkers are choosy for the most part. If they all have the same alcohol content, why be so choosy? Why not just drink the one with the highest alcohol content. In fact, why drink beer at all? People who smoke pot would not turn down the strongest shit, they just can't afford it quite often. It was even said here, take only a couple hits of stronger shit, get high faster. No one says "don't drink that beer, drink this 151.. get drunk faster"

Infinite_limit
03-31-2015, 08:25 PM
You don't always have to be doing something every second of every day, you know. Sitting back and relaxing isn't anything to feel guilty about.
My folks do. Probably why our generation is such shit.

unleashbaynes
03-31-2015, 09:06 PM
Not disagreeing with that. But maybe try to find ways to relax without getting high. I'm sure not one to judge. But getting older and having a family means having to change one's thought process.

Wait a minute aren't you the one posting disgusting porn on a Spurs website? Who are you to tell me how to spend my free time?

spurraider21
03-31-2015, 09:22 PM
They don't make any decent NA beer. You do notice beer drinkers are choosy for the most part. If they all have the same alcohol content, why be so choosy? Why not just drink the one with the highest alcohol content. In fact, why drink beer at all? People who smoke pot would not turn down the strongest shit, they just can't afford it quite often. It was even said here, take only a couple hits of stronger shit, get high faster. No one says "don't drink that beer, drink this 151.. get drunk faster"
this. some of the best lagers hover around 4.5 or 5% when u can get some crap ipa for 9% or more

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 10:15 PM
Wait a minute aren't you the one posting disgusting porn on a Spurs website? Who are you to tell me how to spend my free time?Bend over, I'll show you how to spend your free time.

unleashbaynes
03-31-2015, 11:01 PM
My folks do. Probably why our generation is such shit.

Yeah that's why more got a accomplished in the last 20 years than did the previous hundred. Your hard-working, polish fuckstick parents.

DMC
03-31-2015, 11:05 PM
Yeah that's why more got a accomplished in the last 20 years than did the previous hundred. Your hard-working, polish fuckstick parents.
What has been accomplished in the past 20 years?

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 11:06 PM
Yeah that's why more got a accomplished in the last 20 years than did the previous hundred. Your hard-working, polish fuckstick parents.You must be high.

unleashbaynes
03-31-2015, 11:22 PM
What has been accomplished in the past 20 years?

Cured aids

The Reckoning
03-31-2015, 11:23 PM
i think alcohol tastes excellent if distilled/fermented correctly

DMC
03-31-2015, 11:28 PM
Cured aids
I must have missed that one.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Lol