JMarkJohns
09-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Wow :rolleyes Nice take...

Duff McCartney
09-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah...it is kinda nice.

2pac
09-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Just as much substance as the troll thread, with much less typing time.

DesiSpur_21
09-05-2005, 11:01 PM
:tu

SoupIsGood
09-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Wow funny.

Kori Ellis
09-05-2005, 11:19 PM
SoupisGood - I know you are new but just so you know this is a joke thread mocking this one started by a Pacer fan ...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24433

2pac
09-06-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm damn serious. This is no joke. :fro

E20
09-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Interesting take.......

MI21
09-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Pacers are as good of a chance of making the finals in the East as anyone not named Detroit.

NZHayden
09-06-2005, 05:47 AM
:lol

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 06:14 AM
I'm damn serious. This is no joke. :fro

It's still funny.

50 cent
09-06-2005, 03:50 PM
I had to bring this back up because it's so much of a better quality unbiased analysis compared to Artest Factors analysis.

:lol

2centsworth
09-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Honest Breakdown.

TP > Tinsley. Why else has Indiana tried to trade Tinsley over 100 times, they even tried to get Tony using Tinsley as Bait.

Manu>SJAX Easy pick. I don't have to explain this one do I?

Bowen>Artest. Ability probably Artest is better, but Artest single handedly destroyed the Pacers for an entire year. Game is played on the court as a TEAM. Artest has yet to show he's a team player.

Timmy>Oneal. This is not even close. If Oneal isn't hitting jumpers he's totally ineffective.

Nazr>Foster. Think Nazr is going to get a huge contract, one Foster can only dream of.

Spurs Bench > Indiana

3 time world champion coach Pop > Malcontent Carlyle.

Spurs Fans have scoreboard over Indiana Fans.

Wow, Indiana does suck.

TheTruth
09-06-2005, 04:27 PM
solid analysis pac. very indepth

yeahone
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Just as much substance as the troll thread, with much less typing time.

ha :elephant ha

yeahone
09-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Honest Breakdown.

TP > Tinsley. Why else has Indiana tried to trade Tinsley over 100 times, they even tried to get Tony using Tinsley as Bait.

Manu>SJAX Easy pick. I don't have to explain this one do I?

Bowen>Artest. Ability probably Artest is better, but Artest single handedly destroyed the Pacers for an entire year. Game is played on the court as a TEAM. Artest has yet to show he's a team player.

Timmy>Oneal. This is not even close. If Oneal isn't hitting jumpers he's totally ineffective.

Nazr>Foster. Think Nazr is going to get a huge contract, one Foster can only dream of.

Spurs Bench > Indiana

3 time world champion coach Pop > Malcontent Carlyle.

Spurs Fans have scoreboard over Indiana Fans.

Wow, Indiana does suck.

there is no comparassion there

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
when it comes down to it we have 2 players that are almost unguardable, put together with another player that is nearly unguardable, and 2 solid defenders

on top of that we have a deep bench

there isnt a single player on the pacers team that can be regarded as "unguardable"

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Bowen over Artest is just plain a joke...

The fact that you all think your players are head and shoulders above the Pacers... is a joke.

Parker, Manu, and Duncan are not that much better than Tinsley, Jackson, and O'neal...

Parker - 16.6 ppg, 1.23 spg, 6.1 apg, 3.0 rpg, 27% 3s
Tinsley - 15.4 ppg, 2.03 spg, 6.4 apg, 4.0 rpg, 37% 3s
Manu - 16.0 ppg, 1.61 spg, 3.9 apg, 4.4 rpg, 37% 3s
Jackson - 18.7 ppg, 1.25 spg, 2.3 apg, 4.9 rpg, 36% 3s
Jermaine - 24.3 ppg, 2.0 bpg, 8.8 rpg, 45% FG
Duncan - 20.3 ppg, 2.64 bpg, 11.1 rpg, 49% FG

Yup... you guys have a serious advantage on us with those three... wait no you don't.

Throw in the fact that Artest is a far better basketball player than Bowen is, that Jeff Foster is more in his prime than Nazr, and our bench is right on par with yours (you have older, more known players and we have younger players who obviously aren't on your radar screen... YET) and we have a serious competition here! You all are hating on the Pacers WAY TO MUCH... it is almost unbearable... and it is mostly due to the previous thread like this one started by a Pacer fan... You guys have gone on the complete opposite side of the spectrum with this thread... and it is definately not unbiased either! Are the Spurs better than the Pacers? Maybe and probably... but not by much. Most of you would have me believe that the Spurs are easily the favorites here... but you are just flat out wrong.

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 06:29 PM
when it comes down to it we have 2 players that are almost unguardable, put together with another player that is nearly unguardable, and 2 solid defenders

on top of that we have a deep bench

there isnt a single player on the pacers team that can be regarded as "unguardable"
I don't believe anyone is unguardable... except Jesus... if he played.

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Tim is as close to unguardable as it gets, but Manu? Ehhhhh.

mookie2001
09-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Parker, Manu, and Duncan are not that much better than Tinsley, Jackson, and O'neal...

stats dont mean shit

td4mvp21
09-06-2005, 07:15 PM

Uhhhhhh....... :cuss

Dex
09-06-2005, 07:26 PM
When are people going to realize that fighting over opinions is like trying to shove square pegs into round holes.

2pac
09-06-2005, 07:27 PM
The Spurs are easily the favorites here because the Pacers suck.
3 rings vs 1 loss
Duncan has 2 MVPs and 3 finals MVPs. Jermaine ONeal is best known for hitting a fat kid on national TV.
Manu is an All-Star.
Stats don't make a player.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 07:27 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha

TONY PARKER and JAMAAL TINSLEY?
MANU GINOBILI and STEPHEN JACKSON
TIM DUNCAN (!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA) and Jermaine "lil bitch" Oneal?

Dude you ARE desperate!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
hey, im a pacer fan

i think your 3 time finals mvp is "not much better" than my very own JERMAINE ONEAL

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!

omg

this deserves to be a classic thread

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
what makes it so much funnier is that he uses statistical numbers to back up this claim

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha

what a douche

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 07:30 PM
why dont you show us your very own Jermaine Oneal's finals statistics?

or how about compare tony/manu/tim FINALS stats to tinsley/jackson/oneal FINALS stats??

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ok i'll help you out even more

how about compare career playoff stats

or how about career playoff games PLAYED

LOL!!!! im seriously laughin out loud

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Lol!!! Like Omg Being A Raving Idiot Is Funn!

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 07:37 PM
i'm mad about my spurs! :D

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:03 PM
why dont you show us your very own Jermaine Oneal's finals statistics?

or how about compare tony/manu/tim FINALS stats to tinsley/jackson/oneal FINALS stats??

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ok i'll help you out even more

how about compare career playoff stats

or how about career playoff games PLAYED

LOL!!!! im seriously laughin out loudYou don't take into consideration that Jermaine was playing with one good arm and Tinsley hadn't played in three months when he took the court against Detroit... and he was still injured too... so playoff stats don't mean shit to the Pacers... you all are fucking blind if you think the Spurs are so much better than the Pacers... fucking blind.

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:04 PM
what makes it so much funnier is that he uses statistical numbers to back up this claim

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha

what a doucheWhat a troll... calling someone a douche and not debating back makes you look really smart.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:05 PM
You don't take into consideration that Jermaine was playing with one good arm and Tinsley hadn't played in three months when he took the court against Detroit... and he was still injured too... so playoff stats don't mean shit to the Pacers... you all are fucking blind if you think the Spurs are so much better than the Pacers... fucking blind.

the fact that you complain about injuries just proves how much you're NOT used to the playoffs

pacers are not on the spurs level
they wish they were
but they are not

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
you are a douche, playoffs is all about endurance

which is why manu was held back the entire season....

duncan played half the playoffs with one bad ankle, and half of it with two bad ankles

dont whine about injuries man...its the 2nd lamest thing besides whining about refs

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha

TONY PARKER and JAMAAL TINSLEY?
MANU GINOBILI and STEPHEN JACKSON
TIM DUNCAN (!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA) and Jermaine "lil bitch" Oneal?

Dude you ARE desperate!And you just posted three or four times without giving any evidence at all as to why I am wrong and you are right... other than it makes you laugh... keep on laughing... you look like an idiot.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
we'll see who will be laughing at the 2 spurs/pacers games this season
hope you stick around 'til then

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:07 PM
the fact that you complain about injuries just proves how much you're NOT used to the playoffs

pacers are not on the spurs level
they wish they were
but they are not
Or it could mean that your Spurs have been luckier than my Pacers in recent years come playoff time.

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:08 PM
we'll see who will be laughing at the 2 spurs/pacers games this season
hope you stick around 'til thenI will... win or lose.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:08 PM
you've used stats to back your claim as to why your trio is almost as good as our trio

its dumb...for one thing you play in a weaker division, weaker conference

spurs played in the most bad ass division last season (this season's best division is open to debate)

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Or it could mean that your Spurs have been luckier than my Pacers in recent years come playoff time.

its not about luck man....spurs have been injured into defeat many many times before...they coulda repeated in 2000, but duncan was gone...they were screwed that year DA was injured for the whole playoffs...

the thing that has stayed consistent is coaching philsosphy and team spirit

this yeilds yearly results of playoff appearances, yearly championship contenders

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
you are a douche, playoffs is all about endurance

which is why manu was held back the entire season....

duncan played half the playoffs with one bad ankle, and half of it with two bad ankles

dont whine about injuries man...its the 2nd lamest thing besides whining about refsInjuries do impact teams... it is not whining... it is stating a fact...

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:10 PM
you've used stats to back your claim as to why your trio is almost as good as our trio

its dumb...for one thing you play in a weaker division, weaker conference

spurs played in the most bad ass division last season (this season's best division is open to debate)
We have the Pistons... name one team in your division tougher than them.

Cant_Be_Faded
Injuries do impact teams... it is not whining... it is stating a fact...

obviously

but its not something that really matters cuz its something that affects all teams

sorry if your players were more fragile than ours this last season, do you want to re-do the playoffs or what

Cant_Be_Faded
maybe if you had played your trio less minutes in the regular season they wouldn't have broken down (see: spurs)

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:12 PM
its not about luck man....spurs have been injured into defeat many many times before...they coulda repeated in 2000, but duncan was gone...they were screwed that year DA was injured for the whole playoffs...

the thing that has stayed consistent is coaching philsosphy and team spirit

this yeilds yearly results of playoff appearances, yearly championship contendersSo you don't think that the Spurs season of injuries was bad luck? It does happen randomly. And the same consistancy has been here in Indiana... we have been one of the top teams in the East since the early 90s.

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:13 PM
maybe if you had played your trio less minutes in the regular season they wouldn't have broken down (see: spurs)
Very possible.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:14 PM
So you don't think that the Spurs season of injuries was bad luck? It does happen randomly. And the same consistancy has been here in Indiana... we have been one of the top teams in the East since the early 90s.

ok i'll give you your consistency but it is not random that injuries happen

its about managing your team

if rick carlisle had played your guys less minutes in the regular season (at the cost of maybe losing more games) then maybe they would not have broken down and could have stepped up more inthe playoffs

manu played hardly any minutes on the 2nd night of back to backs....we were all pissed, but the strategy paid off like no other when he was fresh for the entire playoffs

its not our fault your team was fragile after busting their ass for 82 games

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:14 PM
obviously

but its not something that really matters cuz its something that affects all teams

sorry if your players were more fragile than ours this last season, do you want to re-do the playoffs or whatI don't care about last season... hopefully we will have better luck on the injury front this year... that is all I care about... and no I don't want to redo the playoffs... we still would have been missing Artest

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah Artest is the bomb...he's like Bowen on 'roids..

But Manu can shift from attack mode to help duncan mode...jermaine never has and never will be able to guard duncan...plus bowen knows alot of jackson (his moves, etc)...they practiced together for 2 years..

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:17 PM
damn i can't wait for the season to start!!!!

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:17 PM

if rick carlisle had played your guys less minutes in the regular season (at the cost of maybe losing more games) then maybe they would not have broken down and could have stepped up more inthe playoffs

manu played hardly any minutes on the 2nd night of back to backs....we were all pissed, but the strategy paid off like no other when he was fresh for the entire playoffs

its not our fault your team was fragile after busting their ass for 82 gamesI didn't say it was your fault... I have no beef with San Antonio... I think you all are the best in the league... but I don't think their are as clearly dominant as many of you guys make them out to be... again... your players are not that much more talented than mine... but you definately have us on professionalism and playoff experience. Which puts you at the top right now.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-06-2005, 08:18 PM

There in lies the problem, the Pacers bench isn't good enough to allow the their "Trio" to rest for extended periods. The fact of the matter remains, you lost what IMO was the true backbone of your "headcase" plagued team: Reggie Miller.

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:18 PM
damn i can't wait for the season to start!!!!Me either my friend.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
i never thought san antonio was dominant, though they have dominated individual games

we're too inconsistent offensively, parker's inconsistent

i think we have the potential to put on one hell of a show, possibly a domination, with our deep ass bench now

but it will take a while for the new guys to fit in

jermaine7fan
09-06-2005, 08:21 PM
There in lies the problem, the Pacers bench isn't good enough to allow the their "Trio" to rest for extended periods. The fact of the matter remains, you lost what IMO was the true backbone of your "headcase" plagued team: Reggie Miller.Last year we didn't have the depth because of injuries and suspensions... we were down to six players at one time so extra resting was not really an option for us. And yes... we lost Reggie Miller on the court... but I would take an in his prime Stephen Jackson over a 40 year old Reggie Miller. By the end of the season and in the playoffs Reggie was severely inconsistant. One night he would score 20-30 points... the next night he would struggle to get 6. Reggie is still in the hearts of the Indiana players. The Pacers will be better off without Reggie this year... if he would have stayed he would have played limited minutes from the bench.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-06-2005, 08:23 PM
i loved reggies game

people may have called him soft, but if i was the most prolific shooter in nba history i would take that as a compliment

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 08:25 PM

its not our fault your team was fragile after busting their ass for 82 games

Can you blame Rick if he chose the playoffs over "managing your team?" Early season injuries and suspensions forced our hand, we HAD to claw and scratch just ot get to the playoffs.

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 08:29 PM
There in lies the problem, the Pacers bench isn't good enough to allow the their "Trio" to rest for extended periods. The fact of the matter remains, you lost what IMO was the true backbone of your "headcase" plagued team: Reggie Miller.

Granger, Fred, Sarunas, Johnson should allow our ones, two and threes ample opprotunity to rest, however the only legit big man back up we have is Harrison. Croshere/Bender will back up PF, but they won't really but Jermaine any time...

Spurs košarka kultura
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
we lost Reggie Miller on the court... but I would take an in his prime Stephen Jackson over a 40 year old Reggie Miller.

That may be but, SJax (who I miss BTW) is a starter, you mean to tell you don't need a guy on the bench who can come in cold and hit some clutch 3's Kerr, Horry style, and keep the defense honest? ( I know, I know you have ol' Austin Croshere, Freddy Jones, Bender, and Gill but who else do you really have that can come off the bench and is Finals proven?) Say what you'd like but if the current trend of a few 1-point Finals games continues you need proven dead-eye, i.e. Reggie. Of course you could say that any of your guys can step it up and hit the big shot, but who other than SJax has really been in that postion on your team?

BTW I am in no way a Pacers hater in fact I was rooting for ya'll back in the Pacers-vs-Knicks days.

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 08:35 PM
That may be but, SJax (who I miss BTW) is a starter, you mean to tell you don't need a guy on the bench who can come in cold and hit some clutch 3's Kerr, Horry style, and keep the defense honest? ( I know, I know you have ol' Austin Croshere, Freddy Jones, Bender, and Gill but who else do you really have that can come off the bench and is Finals proven?) Say what you'd like but if the current trend of a few 1-point Finals games continues you need proven dead-eye, i.e. Reggie. Of course you could say that any of your guys can step it up and hit the big shot, but who other than SJax has really been in that postion on your team?

Reggie would never come off the bench with us. Ever. As long as he continued to start, he would only hold a fully loaded Pacer team back.

BTW, many people would say the player you are describing is Sarunas. I'm not sold yet, but he's got the resume.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Sarunas

Yeah I'm excited to see this guy play, I have a feeling he could be the "Manu" of point guards. Very fast, and willing to take the BIG shot.

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah I'm excited to see this guy play, I have a feeling he could be the "Manu" of point guards. Very fast, and willing to take the BIG shot.

Have you seen him play much?

The reason I ask is I hear conflicting reports of whether he's fast or not. Sometimes he's made out to be the second coming of Mark Jackson/Anthony Johnson, speed wise...

Spurs košarka kultura
09-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah I was about to correct that, from what I hear he is one hell of a dead-eye. "Best shooter in europe" is what I read the other day, scratch the "very fast" part. :spin

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah I was about to correct that, from what I hear he is one hell of a dead-eye. "Best shooter in europe" is what I read the other day, scratch the "very fast" part. :spin

Damn, and you had my hopes up. ;)

Spurs košarka kultura
Nate Robinson is the "very fast" one I'm thinking of (I think :drunk )

SoupIsGood
Nate Robinson is the "very fast" one I'm thinking of (I think :drunk )

Yeah he should be pretty good backup for NY...

Spurs košarka kultura
09-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh and "Can't Be Faded" I was going through the OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD "The Club" threads and, I think The Faint are badass, very original, they sound like they're from the 80's on some of their tracks, can't explain it but it's cool.

Leetonidas
09-06-2005, 09:25 PM
You don't take into consideration that Jermaine was playing with one good arm and Tinsley hadn't played in three months when he took the court against Detroit... and he was still injured too... so playoff stats don't mean shit to the Pacers... you all are fucking blind if you think the Spurs are so much better than the Pacers... fucking blind.

Tim was playing with NO good ankles, Manu was bruised and banged up ALL SEASON.

"OMG MY ARM AH!!!"

"OMG I'M SITTING ON THE BENCH!"

Get the fuck over it.

How about you actually GET TO THE FINALS before you start talking shit.

SoupIsGood
09-06-2005, 10:19 PM
"Your fucking dumb"

"No your fucking dumb"

"Get over your fucking self"

"No, fucking you"

Doesn't this get old???!?!?!?!?!?!?! :spin :spin :spin

2pac
09-06-2005, 10:36 PM
"Your fucking dumb"

"No your fucking dumb"

"Get over your fucking self"

"No, fucking you"

Doesn't this get old???!?!?!?!?!?!?! :spin :spin :spin

It does get old, which is why I dont understand why you Pacer fans dont just go ahead and admit the Paces suck.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey now SoupIsGood called out THE ARTEST FACTOR, he's just a fan.

SoupIsGood
09-07-2005, 12:04 AM
It does get old, which is why I dont understand why you Pacer fans dont just go ahead and admit the Paces suck.

Still funny. :spin

ginobme
09-07-2005, 06:28 AM
Duncan - 20.3 ppg, 2.64 bpg, 11.1 rpg, 49%

All these numbers say is that we have a better bench than you. If we can win it all with our big three producing less than your big three than thats just sad. I havent checked it but i bet your guys play more minutes too, and your par bench.......yeah pollard, jones and gill are right up there with Finley, Van Exel, Horry, and Barry :rolleyes....we had the best bench last year and will have an even better bench this year i know it sucks but you need to just deal with it and hope for second place

George Gervin's Afro
09-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Dear Pacer fans,

Please don't compare the Spurs and Pacers. Everywhere you look it appears a the media thinks the Spurs are head and shoulders abover everyone else in the NBA. Now we all know the media is not the best source for comparisons but , at least for now, they are as objective of an opinion as there is. Now irregardless of how you think your team will fair next season remember one thing. In the end it is not about matchups nor is about 'my guy is better than your guy'it is about the will to win. Closing outfour 7 game series is paramount to taking 12 rounds of body blows. The Spurs have proven it 3 times and the pacers zero so until your guys accomplish this please get back with the other 28 teams and know your place. Have a great day and don't forget to volunteer or donate money to help the Katrina evacuees.

batman2883
09-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Dear Pacers Fans,
Now is the time to repent, your team sucks, ass, your players are just two bit punks who'd rather be swinging then playing ball. You had class when you had Reggie but now that he is gone you are left with a thug life team that has no discipline and will fail in every aspect of the game this season. Your GM is tired of losing, your players are always hurt or suspended, there is no chance. Might as well jump on the Miami bandwagon because your team will never get past the 2nd round. P.S. If i havent mentioned it before, the Pacers suck ass.

Obstructed_View
09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Jermaine is the eastern conference MVP for last year because he took Shaq out.

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I feel for spellcheck. I truly do. To have to live amongst those people. Damn.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Duncan - 20.3 ppg, 2.64 bpg, 11.1 rpg, 49%

All these numbers say is that we have a better bench than you. If we can win it all with our big three producing less than your big three than thats just sad. I havent checked it but i bet your guys play more minutes too, and your par bench.......yeah pollard, jones and gill are right up there with Finley, Van Exel, Horry, and Barry :rolleyes....we had the best bench last year and will have an even better bench this year i know it sucks but you need to just deal with it and hope for second placeThe Pacers bench players you named were three of our four worst players. Try Granger, Sarunas, and Bender... sure you haven't seen them play or haven't heard of them... but that does not mean they are any less skilled than Finley, Van Exel, and Horry... your bench is filled with old superstars... ours is filled with young roll players. And Sarunas is definately the best man from either bench. And... we got second place locked up... I'm hoping for first...

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Dear Pacer fans,

Please don't compare the Spurs and Pacers. Everywhere you look it appears a the media thinks the Spurs are head and shoulders abover everyone else in the NBA. Now we all know the media is not the best source for comparisons but , at least for now, they are as objective of an opinion as there is. Now irregardless of how you think your team will fair next season remember one thing. In the end it is not about matchups nor is about 'my guy is better than your guy'it is about the will to win. Closing outfour 7 game series is paramount to taking 12 rounds of body blows. The Spurs have proven it 3 times and the pacers zero so until your guys accomplish this please get back with the other 28 teams and know your place. Have a great day and don't forget to volunteer or donate money to help the Katrina evacuees.

and

batman2883
Dear Pacers Fans,
Now is the time to repent, your team sucks, ass, your players are just two bit punks who'd rather be swinging then playing ball. You had class when you had Reggie but now that he is gone you are left with a thug life team that has no discipline and will fail in every aspect of the game this season. Your GM is tired of losing, your players are always hurt or suspended, there is no chance. Might as well jump on the Miami bandwagon because your team will never get past the 2nd round. P.S. If i havent mentioned it before, the Pacers suck ass.

Every time I start to think that the Spurs fans are actually not jaded in their views of the Pacers and idiot like one of you two makes a post spewing out crap like simply... Pacers suck. You have no basis for your opinion... you are just trying to piss us Pacer fans off... we don't come on here and start boasting that the Spurs suck and need to worry about Houston before they start comparing themselves to the Pacers... It would be stupid to do so... and untrue... I just wish you all could see the truth that is to come in the next couple of months... the Pacers are the second best team in the league... to your Spurs... get off of our asses... you make yourselves look like jerks when you do shit like this.

Spurs košarka kultura
Try Granger, Sarunas, and Bender... sure you haven't seen them play or haven't heard of them... but that does not mean they are any less skilled than Finley, Van Exel, and Horry... your bench is filled with old superstars...

So basically your saying that two guys who have never played in the NBA, and a bench scrub are as good as two former All-Stars and probably one of the most clutch players in NBA history? Wow ya'll are going to win a championship, I guess we should just give up now huh? :rolleyes

samikeyp
The Pacers bench players you named were three of our four worst players. Try Granger, Sarunas, and Bender... sure you haven't seen them play or haven't heard of them... but that does not mean they are any less skilled than Finley, Van Exel, and Horry... your bench is filled with old superstars... ours is filled with young roll players. And Sarunas is definately the best man from either bench. And... we got second place locked up... I'm hoping for first...

two of which have never played a minute in the NBA. I get your enthusiasm but say what you will about the "old superstars" on the Spurs bench (if they were in blue and yellow...you would refer to them as "veteran") but at least they have proven themselves....Granger and Sarunas have yet to. They may be good...but they may be mediocre or they may suck...two factors you refuse to recognize. You seem to be implying a Ginobili-like impact will be seen from Sarunas....um, no. You need to make up your mind....one minute you praise the Spurs as the best, the next its "well, they are not as good as you think" not sure what a "roll player" is....probably the guy who brings the food to the team social :p

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 01:41 PM
you make yourselves look like jerks when you do shit like this.

and you make yourself look like a jerk when you lump all Spurs fans as one.

50 cent
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Try Granger, Sarunas, and Bender... sure you haven't seen them play or haven't heard of them... but that does not mean they are any less skilled than Finley, Van Exel, and Horry... your bench is filled with old superstars... ours is filled with young roll players. And Sarunas is definately the best man from either bench.
2 players that have never stepped onto an NBA court are better than Finley, Van Exel, and Horry????!?!?!?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

This is delusion at its finest.

MiNuS
09-07-2005, 01:44 PM
only thing Pacers are good at is defending against beer tossers. That's it!

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 01:44 PM
and you make yourself look like a jerk when you lump all Spurs fans as one.I didn't lump... I was refering to those two... sorry if I offended anyone else.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
two of which have never played a minute in the NBA. I get your enthusiasm but say what you will about the "old superstars" on the Spurs bench (if they were in blue and yellow...you would refer to them as "veteran") but at least they have proven themselves....Granger and Sarunas have yet to. They may be good...but they may be mediocre or they may suck...two factors you refuse to recognize. You seem to be implying a Ginobili-like impact will be seen from Sarunas....um, no. You need to make up your mind....one minute you praise the Spurs as the best, the next its "well, they are not as good as you think" not sure what a "roll player" is....probably the guy who brings the food to the team social :pI meant no disrespect by calling them old superstars... veterans could have been crappy for all their days... I was trying to point out that they were above average players. The Spurs are the best... but many people on here see the Pacers as no competition at all when they are most likely your best competition. And a good role player is someone who plays a role... outside of being a star... and yes... Granger is possibly as talented as an old Michael Finley... Sarunas is obviously better than an old Van Exel... and Bender (if he can ever stay on a court for more than one game) actually has better overall skills and is far younger than Horry. You guys have us beat with your starting unit... but not by much... I think we have you guys beat on the bench... but not by much...

PS - waiting to get ripped for that last comment in 3-2-1...

I know how deadly your bench players can be... many of you have no clue how deadly the Pacers bench could be.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 01:53 PM
2 players that have never stepped onto an NBA court are better than Finley, Van Exel, and Horry????!?!?!?

This is delusion at its finest.Just cause they haven't stepped foot on a court does not mean that they are any less skilled.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
only thing Pacers are good at is defending against beer tossers. That's it!I don't believe we did a good job at that

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 01:55 PM

This is delusion at its finest.P.S. - thank you a thousand times for that picture on the bottom of your posts... lovely.

George Gervin's Afro
09-07-2005, 01:56 PM
I meant no disrespect by calling them old superstars... veterans could have been crappy for all their days... I was trying to point out that they were above average players. The Spurs are the best... but many people on here see the Pacers as no competition at all when they are most likely your best competition. And a good role player is someone who plays a role... outside of being a star... and yes... Granger is possibly as talented as an old Michael Finley... Sarunas is obviously better than an old Van Exel... and Bender (if he can ever stay on a court for more than one game) actually has better overall skills and is far younger than Horry. You guys have us beat with your starting unit... but not by much... I think we have you guys beat on the bench... but not by much...

PS - waiting to get ripped for that last comment in 3-2-1...

I know how deadly your bench players can be... many of you have no clue how deadly the Pacers bench could be.

so now no one knows what your bench will be? yet you say we are beat ..by your bench.. No offense but it is about the Spurs and their game. No one, including the Pacers , will beat the SPurs next year. Wait I must caveat that by saying only the Spurs can beat the Spurs..

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Just cause they haven't stepped foot on a court does not mean that they are any less skilled.

Well actually it does, skill is one thing, skill under pressure is another.
Experience > Talent

many of you have no clue how deadly the Pacers bench could be

See that's the problem, neither do you.

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Just cause they haven't stepped foot on a court does not mean that they are any less skilled.

Doesn't mean they can hang in the NBA either.

and yes... Granger is possibly as talented as an old Michael Finley... Sarunas is obviously better than an old Van Exel

based on what? Neither have played a season against NBA caliber talent.

and Bender (if he can ever stay on a court for more than one game) actually has better overall skills and is far younger than Horry.

the only accurate part of that statement is the age. The rest is opinion...not fact.

many of you have no clue how deadly the Pacers bench could be

no..many of us simply disagree with you and you seem to think that is so incredulous that you assume we are not smart.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:03 PM
so now no one knows what your bench will be? yet you say we are beat ..by your bench.. No offense but it is about the Spurs and their game. No one, including the Pacers , will beat the SPurs next year. Wait I must caveat that by saying only the Spurs can beat the Spurs..
No... I have not seen one post by any Spurs fan that recognizes the Pacers bench as being any good. And I didn't say we would beat you with our bench. I am saying that your starting lineup is slightly better than ours... and our bench is slightly better than yours... I still believe the Spurs have the better chance of winning. But either the starters or the bench could win or lose it for either team... we are that close. Most Spurs fans view us as a distant, distant second... but we are not very far behind you. And I agree that the Spurs could be their own worst enemies if they fall to any other team... but you guys are so solid that I don't see that actually being the reason if you guys don't win another title.

remingtonbo2001
09-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Rasho would be the starting center on the current Pacers squad. I think that says enough in itself.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
our bench is slightly better than yours...

Hold on I must be missing something, are you talking about our NBA team or our WNBA team? Well that statement did it for me, this thread has lost all validity, zdravo!

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Well actually it does, skill is one thing, skill under pressure is another.
Experience > Talent

See that's the problem, neither do you.You definately make a strong point with the experience factor... you guys have us beat at every position when it comes to that. I believe your experience combined with your talent is what makes you the most deadly team in the NBA. I just want you all to recognize that the Pacers are not far behind you... many on here see Detroit or Miami as your biggest threats... but both of those teams will drop off... if only slightly... this year... the Pacers are your biggest wall to climb... you will most likely get over it this year...

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Rasho would be the starting center on the current Pacers squad. I think that says enough in itself.
Again... you don't know the Pacers... Harrison and Foster individually are better than Rasho. By the way... those of you who have no respect for Harrison should know that he kicked the shit out of Bogut in the summer league... #30 pick from the year before dominated the #1 pick this year. And Foster is a poor man's Ben Wallace... Rasho would be competing with Pollard for junk time minutes.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 02:13 PM
#30 pick from the year before dominated the #1 pick this year.

Experience > Talent, remember?

remingtonbo2001
09-07-2005, 02:15 PM
It's pointless to argue, because I know I'm right. So I will refrain from commenting on such ignorant statments. I'm not sure if Rasho would start for the Pacers, but the comment wasn't nearly as absurd as what you have been previosly posting on this thread. I'm sure many would agree.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Experience > Talent, remember?I do... but Rasho is still gonna get worked by Harrison this year... Rasho will outrebound him... but that is all he has on Harrison... I can accept the experience factor for the core of your team come playoff time... but stating that Rasho would start in Indy because he has been on a team that won the championship is rediculous... Sarunas was the leading man on three Euroleague titles and he doesn't get the starting job handed to him... even though he will prolly be better than Tinsley... but Rasho??? starting in Indiana??? It would only happen if Harrison and Foster were out.

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 02:21 PM
No... I have not seen one post by any Spurs fan that recognizes the Pacers bench as being any good.

why...because you say so? Are we supposed to?

Basically dude...you are voicing your opinion...which is cool because that is what message boards are for...but you can't get pissed and insult people if they disagree with you. People just think differently...its not that they don't know, they just don't agree.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:21 PM
It's pointless to argue, because I know I'm right. So I will refrain from commenting on such ignorant statments. I'm not sure if Rasho would start for the Pacers, but the comment wasn't nearly as absurd as what you have been previosly posting on this thread. I'm sure many would agree.Many would agree... who have no clue that Foster and Harrison are better players than Rasho... and I know you are wrong. And if you are refering to my bench statements as being absurd... they may be wrong... but not absurd... the only way your bench is any better than mine is when you consider experience... the talent levels are right on par with each other.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 02:22 PM
My comment was in reguards to Bogut there fella, Harrison is never going to see Rasho b/c we're too deep, I'm sure he'll see plenty of Oberto though..................(Oberto will work Harrison BTW)

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 02:23 PM
the talent levels are right on par with each other. An opinion in it's purest form. No wait I forgot Bender is as good (talentwise) as Horry :lmao

Damn off-season can't believe I'm wasting keystrokes on this................

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:29 PM
why...because you say so? Are we supposed to?

Basically dude...you are voicing your opinion...which is cool because that is what message boards are for...but you can't get pissed and insult people if they disagree with you. People just think differently...its not that they don't know, they just don't agree.I have not insulted anyone... now I have been insulted quite often... but I don't care... cause I know I'm in your house... which is why I haven't insulted anyone... it is disrespectful in someone else's house. I have taken many insults without tearing back into someone... I have stated that some people sound like jerks... but again I have not personally blasted anyone. And you ask why... because I am a HUGE Pacer fan and I know 10 times more about my team than anyone on here... I am just trying to tell you all that we are not even close to as bad as many Spurs fans feel we are... I am just trying to educate... and I have been educated on your team in the process... it is a win-win situations for both of us.

Furthermore.... I have no intent of ever blasting another poster on here... I also have no intent of ever putting your team down... I will be posting on here for a long time... and even if my team were to defeat yours in the playoffs... I won't be rubbing it in and I won't be putting your team down... that is not how I roll... unfortunately I know that I will not be treated the same way if you all beat us... I am sure some of you will be nice... but their are jerks on everyboard... I don't hate the whole apple because it has a few bad spots.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:31 PM
An opinion in it's purest form. No wait I forgot Bender is as good (talentwise) as Horry :lmao

Damn off-season can't believe I'm wasting keystrokes on this................Bender does have more talent than Horry... again... you don't know JB's game... whereas I do know Horry's. Problem is Bender prolly won't even play again this season... so you may never get to figure this point out on your own.

Lonestar
09-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Jermaine ONeal is best known for hitting a fat kid on national TV.

:lmao

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:33 PM
My comment was in reguards to Bogut there fella, Harrison is never going to see Rasho b/c we're too deep, I'm sure he'll see plenty of Oberto though..................(Oberto will work Harrison BTW)I see... I get your point again... you are doing very well at disputing my points :lol But you don't think that same experience factor would work against Oberto?

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:36 PM
:lmaoYeah... it's a shame he is not known for scoring 55 points in a game last season. Oh... and he was on his way to 60+... but he had the Rick take him out... he did not want to take Reggie's record away... classy.

Hitting the fat kid... somebody had to run security that night... because the people who were supposed to... definately weren't...

Trainwreck2100
A look BEYOND the stats
Parker vs. Tinsley

Besides the fact that Parker has OWNED Tinsley every time he played him, let's go beyod the stats. Parker has a hot girlfriend, and every time she is there he seems to suck, having probably got some the night before. The closer they get, the more sex, the more he will suck.
Adv. Tinsley

Manu Ginobili vs. STEPHEN JACKSON
If we are going by position only a moron would compare Gino to Artest. Stephon Jackson has alot to prove, he has to be the only player to go from a championship team to the Hawks for less money. Obviously he's got alot going on up in the brain area. Manu's ability to drive and score on anybody is no match for Stephon's punching ability. That mofo's gansta.
Adv. Jackson

Bruce Bowen vs. Ron Artest
These right are are in the top 3 defensive players, but while Bruce is known for kicking other players. Artest is known for beating up on members of the crowd who have done nothing to him.
Bowens Karate kicks vs. Artest's Assault and battery. It's to close to call.
TIEBREAKER-Singing Ability
Now while I hear that Bowen can really light it up on the Karoke machine nothing compares to Artest's R&B CD.
Winner:Artest

Tim Duncan vs. Jermaine Oneal.
I would love to give it to the two time MVP/ three time Finals MVP. His age makes him lose this one. The fact that he spent FOUR years of college. FOUR, JOneal was smart enough to come right out of college, and he throws a mean right hook.
Adv. Jermaine Oneal

Nazr vs. Foster
Who gives a shit, it's like comparing some guy who is a placeholder to another guy who is a placeholder.

The bench
As we all know it's better to take young players than proven veterans. Just because they have proved time and time again that they can make shots, doesn't mean anything. The young guys don't need to play better, as long as they can practice for longer hours. As the saying goes "practice makes perfect."
Advantage: Indiana

Looks like we are screwed, might as well just watch Hockey instead of Basketball.

GO STARS GO!!!!!!

Spurs košarka kultura
I see... I get your point again... you are doing very well at disputing my points But you don't think that same experience factor would work against Oberto?

True but Oberto does have the irreplaceable experience of winning the gold, which is a pretty big stage to play on if you ask me.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:38 PM
A look BEYOND the stats
Parker vs. Tinsley

Besides the fact that Parker has OWNED Tinsley every time he played him, let's go beyod the stats. Parker has a hot girlfriend, and every time she is there he seems to suck, having probably got some the night before. The closer they get, the more sex, the more he will suck.
Adv. Tinsley

Manu Ginobili vs. STEPHEN JACKSON
If we are going by position only a moron would compare Gino to Artest. Stephon Jackson has alot to prove, he has to be the only player to go from a championship team to the Hawks for less money. Obviously he's got alot going on up in the brain area. Manu's ability to drive and score on anybody is no match for Stephon's punching ability. That mofo's gansta.
Adv. Jackson

Bruce Bowen vs. Ron Artest
These right are are in the top 3 defensive players, but while Bruce is known for kicking other players. Artest is known for beating up on members of the crowd who have done nothing to him.
Bowens Karate kicks vs. Artest's Assault and battery. It's to close to call.
TIEBREAKER-Singing Ability
Now while I hear that Bowen can really light it up on the Karoke machine nothing compares to Artest's R&B CD.
Winner:Artest

Tim Duncan vs. Jermaine Oneal.
I would love to give it to the two time MVP/ three time Finals MVP. His age makes him lose this one. The fact that he spent FOUR years of college. FOUR, JOneal was smart enough to come right out of college, and he throws a mean right hook.
Adv. Jermaine Oneal

Nazr vs. Foster
Who gives a shit, it's like comparing some guy who is a placeholder to another guy who is a placeholder.

The bench
As we all know it's better to take young players than proven veterans. Just because they have proved time and time again that they can make shots, doesn't mean anything. The young guys don't need to play better, as long as they can practice for longer hours. As the saying goes "practice makes perfect."
Advantage: Indiana

Looks like we are screwed, might as well just watch Hockey instead of Basketball.

GO STARS!!!!!!
I believe you posted that once already... you are a comic genius!!!

MiNuS
09-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Foster is Freddie Mercury's clone.

jermaine7fan
True but Oberto does have the irreplaceable experience of winning the gold, which is a pretty big stage to play on if you ask me.I have not seen him play... but from what I've heard... he should be ahead of Rasho in the rotation... I am sorry... but I just don't feel Rasho has much game.

Trainwreck2100
I believe you posted that once already... you are a comic genius!!!

part 2 is coming up so wanted to make sure it wasn't forgotten.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Foster is Freddie Mercury's clone.I've heard the name, but I am not sure who Freddie Mercury is... I don't know if this is an insult or a complement :lol

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:40 PM
part 2 is coming up so wanted to make sure it wasn't forgotten.
OK... I can hardly wait...

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I have not seen him play... but from what I've heard... he should be ahead of Rasho in the rotation... I am sorry... but I just don't feel Rasho has much game.

Yeah well he has garnered some rather humorus names around here, none I shall repeat but funny nonetheless.

50 cent
09-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Many more players that were highly "skilled" in college or in Europe have been complete busts than those that became as successful as Finley, NVE, or Horry.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Many more players that were highly "skilled" in college or in Europe have been complete busts than those that became as successful as Finley, NVE, or Horry.It could be... but the Pacers brass seem to feel these guys are ready to contribute right now... if they were not happy we would be getting different reports... I believe they will pan out.

And again... I love it when you post on here... I get mezmerized every time I see a post from you :lol

MiNuS
09-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Pacers are NOTHING.Period! When they pay their respect to the Pistons and clobber them then we can have this arguement. Meanwhile FOREHEAD O'neal and Co. can kiss the Champions ass!

looktotheskies
09-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Many would agree... who have no clue that Foster and Harrison are better players than Rasho... and I know you are wrong.
I wouldn't say that Foster/Harrison are better players than Rasho. Foster plays with more intensity and grabs more rebounds, but his defense isn't as good as Rasho's when Rasho plays.

I don't believe Harrison is that good. I think that his status is overinflated because he played more minutes due to a lack of depth last season on the Pacers.

Bender does have more talent than Horry... again... you don't know JB's game... whereas I do know Horry's. Problem is Bender prolly won't even play again this season... so you may never get to figure this point out on your own.
Bender has shown flashes of being good until he gets injured. Unrealized potential is totally useless, whereas Horry has actual accomplishments. You can count on Bender being injured another year, just as you can count on Horry hitting every big shot next year.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Pacers are NOTHING.Period! When they pay their respect to the Pistons and clobber them then we can have this arguement. Meanwhile FOREHEAD O'neal and Co. can kiss the Champions ass!
It is one hell of a forehead... I think he wears the headband to mask it... but the Pacers are something... your biggest competition.

Oh... and the Detroit thing is coming... right before we will be seeing you all in the Finals.

50 cent
09-07-2005, 03:02 PM
It could be... but the Pacers brass seem to feel these guys are ready to contribute right now... if they were not happy we would be getting different reports... I believe they will pan out.

And again... I love it when you post on here... I get mezmerized every time I see a post from you :lol
Everybody loves my sig, including me.

So you would rather have a couple of players with no experience that "could" pan out in the Finals rather than having 3 proven veterans that have proven themselves time and time again??

Please put down your crack pipe. :smokin :drunk :smokin :drunk

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 03:04 PM
And you ask why... because I am a HUGE Pacer fan and I know 10 times more about my team than anyone on here... I am just trying to tell you all that we are not even close to as bad as many Spurs fans feel we are... I am just trying to educate... and I have been educated on your team in the process... it is a win-win situations for both of us.

so because you know the Pacers, that means you automatically know the Spurs?

You reek of arrogance by assuming we need education.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't say that Foster/Harrison are better players than Rasho. Foster plays with more intensity and grabs more rebounds, but his defense isn't as good as Rasho's when Rasho plays.

I don't believe Harrison is that good. I think that his status is overinflated because he played more minutes due to a lack of depth last season on the Pacers.

Bender has shown flashes of being good until he gets injured. Unrealized potential is totally useless, whereas Horry has actual accomplishments. You can count on Bender being injured another year, just as you can count on Horry hitting every big shot next year.I am in total agreement with you on the Bender and Horry thing... but Bender may play this year... wait I think I just jinxed him... Horry definately has it now.

Foster is a great defender too... rebounding is not his only skill... he can block shots and get steals in the passing lanes. He is just not a big scorer... he gets all of his points from being in the right place at the right time.

Harrison - has toned up a lot from last season... definately needed... I don't think he lost much weight overall... he added a lot of muscle. He is a good shot blocker and has excellent shot selection... he has shot 60+% at every level he has played at. Harrison will do more harm than good though if he does not discover how to play D in the NBA... he has some severe fouling problems. He also is a horrible rebounder... he does not possition himself well at all. If Harrison ever gets over his proneness to foul and if he can improve on rebounding... he may be one of the top 5 centers in the NBA one day.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Everybody loves my sig, including me.

So you would rather have a couple of players with no experience that "could" pan out in the Finals rather than having 3 proven veterans that have proven themselves time and time again??

Please put down your crack pipe. :smokin :drunk :smokin :drunk
For the future... yes... but if the NBA were over after this season I would much rather have Finley and Horry over Granger and Bender... I would still rather have Sarunas over a very aged Nick Van Exel. Oh... and crack does not touch my pipe :smokin

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:10 PM
so because you know the Pacers, that means you automatically know the Spurs?

You reek of arrogance by assuming we need education.Many people on here obviously do... cause the Pacers were getting zero and negative respect before I got on here... and they still are by some. I don't deny that you all have the best team in the NBA... I don't deny the talent on your roster... but many on here do deny my team the later. And I don't see how I reak of arrogance when I have posted 50+ times that your team is better than mine... how is that at all arrogant?

50 cent
09-07-2005, 03:11 PM
For the future... yes... but if the NBA were over after this season I would much rather have Finley and Horry over Granger and Bender... I would still rather have Sarunas over a very aged Nick Van Exel. Oh... and crack does not touch my pipe :smokin

Well, next year is what you keep saying we have to worry about. We are telling you that we aren't worried about the Pacers because they can't matchup against our proven players.

I agree the Pacers will be good next year and could be great in several years if their youth talent pans out, but they won't even be a remote concern to the Spurs next year or the year after.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Oh... and crack does not touch my pipe

:smokin here here ( but I'm still going to have to take Horry, Fin, and Nick the Still Quick Old Man)

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 03:13 PM
By assuming we need to be "educated" by you...THAT is arrogant. What you are saying it that because people do not agree with you, they must be substandard in their knowledge of NBA basketball. I find it amusing that when a "unbiased" breakdown favors the Pacers...its all good but when it favors the Spurs people "need to be educated"

Many people on here obviously do

there is another arrogant statement.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I'll say this much for our dear friends the Pacers. Their bench and coach is underrated. They were able to hold down the fort while Jax, O'Neal, and Artest were serving their suspension. You can argue the talent thing until you're blue in the face (personally I think the Spurs come out on top on that one) but here's something very telling.

Let's say that it was the Spurs playing the Pistons that night in Detroit. I don't think any Spur would have thrown a hard foul at Ben Wallace in garbage time. If they had, I don't believe any Spur would have laid out on the scorer's table just looking to piss someone off like Artest did. Nor would two other Spurs have tried to pick a fight while the Pistons were trying to herd Big Ben off the court (ala Jackson and Tinsley.) And let's suppose for a second that all of this did happen and a beer got thrown. I couldn't imagine a Spur tearing off looking for blood in the stands, much less a second Spur going in there, not to stop his teammate, but to fire a few haymakers of his own. And I don't see a Spurs player knocking some helpless fat guy out cold when they should be heading for the locker room.

I know some people are wandering what the fuck that has to do with anything. I'm not saying that the Spurs would win because they are boy scouts. That episode revealed that the core of the Pacers had a number of opportunities to exercise restraint and good judgement, but didn't. The Spurs are a better team because they are more mature, mentally stronger, and don't make stupid mistakes on or off the court.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:30 PM
By assuming we need to be "educated" by you...THAT is arrogant. What you are saying it that because people do not agree with you, they must be substandard in their knowledge of NBA basketball. I find it amusing that when a "unbiased" breakdown favors the Pacers...its all good but when it favors the Spurs people "need to be educated"

there is another arrogant statement.I don't think an unbiased breakdown would favor the Pacers... and I have not given us the favoring either. And I fealt many people on here were not giving us any respect... zero... that is why I wanted to educate... because our chances are much, much higher than zero. But again... you all have the better team...

And that statement is somewhat arrogant... it is also arrogant to believe that the Pacers have no chance of beating the Spurs. Which is what many on here believe... Now... if I were on here telling you that you all were gonna get worked by the Pacers who are the best team in the league... that would be arrogant... and I am nowhere close to saying that...

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:32 PM
:smokin here here ( but I'm still going to have to take Horry, Fin, and Nick the Still Quick Old Man)
PS - I love Van Exel... I think he was a great pick up for you and he and Finley will give you a tough scoring second unit back court... but I would still rather have Sarunas over him... and I think deep down... you would too

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Damn, well, we Spurs fans are just going to have to suffer through another season with our miserable team.

:depressed

Maybe one day the Spurs can be like the Pacers.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll say this much for our dear friends the Pacers. Their bench and coach is underrated. They were able to hold down the fort while Jax, O'Neal, and Artest were serving their suspension. You can argue the talent thing until you're blue in the face (personally I think the Spurs come out on top on that one) but here's something very telling.

Let's say that it was the Spurs playing the Pistons that night in Detroit. I don't think any Spur would have thrown a hard foul at Ben Wallace in garbage time. If they had, I don't believe any Spur would have laid out on the scorer's table just looking to piss someone off like Artest did. Nor would two other Spurs have tried to pick a fight while the Pistons were trying to herd Big Ben off the court (ala Jackson and Tinsley.) And let's suppose for a second that all of this did happen and a beer got thrown. I couldn't imagine a Spur tearing off looking for blood in the stands, much less a second Spur going in there, not to stop his teammate, but to fire a few haymakers of his own. And I don't see a Spurs player knocking some helpless fat guy out cold when they should be heading for the locker room.

I know some people are wandering what the fuck that has to do with anything. I'm not saying that the Spurs would win because they are boy scouts. That episode revealed that the core of the Pacers had a number of opportunities to exercise restraint and good judgement, but didn't. The Spurs are a better team because they are more mature, mentally stronger, and don't make stupid mistakes on or off the court.I am with you on almost all of that... you guys have the most classy organization in the league... my team is quite thuggish at times... I would much rather them be more like you all in those regards... and I think my team will be looking up to your team in that respect this year... I don't think you will see near as much drama from the Pacers as you did last year... and I place alot of that on the fact that we are looking at the Spurs for an example of how to be. Thank you very much for this post... the first paragraph is all I wanted to hear from at least one Spur fan for the last week that I have been on here... You just made my day for this thread! I don't expect everyone to give us praise on here... I just wanted someone to... and I wish there was less Pacer bashing.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I fealt many people on here were not giving us any respect... zero... that is why I wanted to educate... because our chances are much, much higher than zero.

Who's disputing that? I mean i can't recall the last time the Pacers had a simply horrible record i.e. Hawks style. People are getting upset when overzealous Pacer fans start making just down right ridiculous statements such as " Rick Carlise is by far more proven than Pop." and " Bruce Bowen is the worst starter in the NBA." or " We'll see you and beat you in the Finals! Because well, we're just down right better." Just absolute nonsense.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Damn, well, we Spurs fans are just going to have to suffer through another season with our miserable team.

:depressed

Maybe one day the Spurs can be like the Pacers.WTF are you talking about??? Did I ever say you are going to have a bad season... did I ever say that the Spurs need to be like the Pacers??? Nope... I actually said the opposite of both things...

Why are you trying to start shit?

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Who's disputing that? I mean i can't recall the last time the Pacers had a simply horrible record i.e. Hawks style. People are getting upset when overzealous Pacer fans start making just down right ridiculous statements such as " Rick Carlise is by far more proven than Pop." and " Bruce Bowen is the worst starter in the NBA." or " We'll see you and beat you in the Finals! Because well, we're just down right better." Just absolute nonsense.And I don't agree with any of those statements either... and I made no statement's resembling them. And many people were disputing it at the start of this thread with a simple... Pacers suck... that is the kind of crap I am standing up against.

Pop- best coach in the NBA... should coach the olympics next time around... rick prolly third best... also behind Larry.

Eric Snow is the worst starter in the NBA.

And... we will see you in the Finals... but you all will most likely succeed.

I am not against the Spurs... they are the top organization in the NBA!

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 03:46 PM
and I think deep down... you would too

Yeah but we already have a young point guard, and even though he did struggle in the Finals, he did in fact gain the experience. Anyway what rookie isn't going to look bad by being guarded by one of the better, if not best, defensive point guards in the league, Lindsey Hunter, moreover in the Finals? Plus Beno can hit three right along with Sarunas. Following that, were talking about a Spurs team here, not exactly the easiest schemes to pick up. I'll keep Beno and Nick.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah but we already have a young point guard, and even though he did struggle in the Finals, he did in fact gain the experience. Anyway what rookie isn't going to look bad by being guarded by one of the better, if not best, defensive point guards in the league, Lindsey Hunter, moreover in the Finals? Plus Beno can hit three right along with Sarunas. Following that, were talking about a Spurs team here, not exactly the easiest schemes to pick up. I'll keep Beno and Nick.I like Udrih alot too. He was one of the most underrated rookies last year. He could be your quality backup point for a long time... I think you may always have a better starter than him though. Beno, Nick, and Tony are one of the top PG packages in the NBA... right up there with Tinsley, Johnson, and Sarunas... you guys will not be wanting at the PG possition this year (or really any other position... barring injuries). Good luck in the upcoming season!

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 03:56 PM
And that statement is somewhat arrogant... it is also arrogant to believe that the Pacers have no chance of beating the Spurs. Which is what many on here believe... Now... if I were on here telling you that you all were gonna get worked by the Pacers who are the best team in the league... that would be arrogant... and I am nowhere close to saying that...

ok first you say you are not being arrogant...then you say you are, then not again...waffle much?

No one has said in this thread the Pacers don't have a chance...do you often lie to back up your points? You on the other hand have insulted posters by calling their opinions "jokes"...you said the Spurs success in the playoff was lucky, you said Spurs fans were "blind" if we thought the Spurs were better that Indy. and you continually lump all Spurs fans together as of the same mindset...despite your claims to the contrary. You state your opinion and if someone disagrees you drop the homer card. You come in and talk shit and when people pound on you for it, you drop the "we don't get respect" card. Not everyone is going to agree with you 100% and they don't have to. You believe what you do and that doesn't make you wrong. Works for others too.

Spurs košarka kultura
09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
In conclusion
IMO:

Real Pacer Fans: jermaine7fan, SoupIsGood

Complete and utter Dumbfuck: The Artest Factor

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Complete and utter Dumbfuck: The Artest Factor

on that we can all agree. :)

Kori Ellis
09-07-2005, 04:08 PM
your bench is filled with old superstars... ours is filled with young roll players. And Sarunas is definately the best man from either bench.

How often have you seen Sarunas play?
Why are you confident his game will translate well to the NBA?
Do you have any worries (like most GM's have had for the last five years) that he'll be too slow to play in the NBA?

I'm just curious how you can tout him as the best player on either the Spurs or Pacers bench.

SoupIsGood
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM

Bender has shown flashes of being good until he gets injured. Unrealized potential is totally useless, whereas Horry has actual accomplishments. You can count on Bender being injured another year, just as you can count on Horry hitting every big shot next year.

Foster is an excellent defender. Rasho is the better shotblocker, and guards the bigger centers a little better, but that's it. Foster is extremely quick laterally and a real pest in the post.

Harrison is my favorite player in this league right now, so I have watched him a lot. He's got offensive and shot blocking skills. He is excellent at blocking out, but he struggled catching the ball and often dropped rebounds. He looked to be overcoming that late though. He's got the talent, I'm hoping he can put it all together soon...

Kori Ellis
09-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Harrison is my favorite player in this league right now, so I have watched him a lot. He's got offensive and shot blocking skills. He is excellent at blocking out, but he struggled catching the ball and often dropped rebounds. He looked to be overcoming that late though. He's got the talent, I'm hoping he can put it all together soon...

Any worries of Harrison staying healthy?

19-May-05: Missed the last 20 games of the regular season and all 13 playoff games (sore left knee).
16-Mar-05: Sore left knee, injured list.
04-Feb-05: Missed 11 games (concussion).
14-Jan-05: Concussion, injured list.
04-Dec-04: Missed 1 game (ankle injury).
03-Dec-04: Ankle injury, day-to-day.
07-Jul-04: Signed by the Indiana Pacers to a multi-year contract. Got hurt during summer league play at RMR.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 04:13 PM
ok first you say you are not being arrogant...then you say you are, then not again...waffle much?

No one has said in this thread the Pacers don't have a chance...do you often lie to back up your points? You on the other hand have insulted posters by calling their opinions "jokes"...you said the Spurs success in the playoff was lucky, you said Spurs fans were "blind" if we thought the Spurs were better that Indy. and you continually lump all Spurs fans together as of the same mindset...despite your claims to the contrary. You state your opinion and if someone disagrees you drop the homer card. You come in and talk shit and when people pound on you for it, you drop the "we don't get respect" card. Not everyone is going to agree with you 100% and they don't have to. You believe what you do and that doesn't make you wrong. Works for others too.You are not looking at me very well.

-I said it was a little arrogant... which it wasn't intended to be at all.

-I called their opinions jokes after they made the same claim of mine

-I said they were lucky to not have the injury woes my team did... not that they were luck to win it... they earned it.

-I said people were "blind" for not seeing Indy as a threat... not that they were blind for not seeing that Indy is better... because again... I think the Spurs are better.

-I am not lumping all Spurs fans... I refer to the ones that stated simple minded thoughts... like the Pacers suck. I did not intend to be alluding to all Spurs fans... if that is what you thought... and I already appologized in a different post if it seemed that way to anyone.

-I don't drop the Homer card... I think that is one of the lamest things to do on a message board... your a homer, no your a homer... that shit is stupid... find one message where I pulled the Homer card and post it.

-And look at the entire first page of posts on this thread... yup... looks real respectful to me

Did I clear anything up for ya?

SoupIsGood
09-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Any worries of Harrison staying healthy.

19-May-05: Missed the last 20 games of the regular season and all 13 playoff games (sore left knee).
16-Mar-05: Sore left knee, injured list.
04-Feb-05: Missed 11 games (concussion).
14-Jan-05: Concussion, injured list.
04-Dec-04: Missed 1 game (ankle injury).
03-Dec-04: Ankle injury, day-to-day.
07-Jul-04: Signed by the Indiana Pacers to a multi-year contract. Got hurt during summer league play at RMR.

Well, that basically boils down to a freak concussion and a late season knee injury.

It's only one season, so he's definitely not injury-prone yet.

However, there's another season it really doesn't worry me: the season we had last year. Everyone that COULD get injured, did. And just when a player was really starting to come on, you could pretty much pencil him in for a 1-2 week (at least) stay on the IR. We were simply snakebitten last year, I'm hoping that bad luck has worn off now. :)

BTW, did you see when he got the concussion? It was really weird, he didn't pass out and fall down, he was knocked out but still walking.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 04:17 PM
How often have you seen Sarunas play?
Why are you confident his game will translate well to the NBA?
Do you have any worries (like most GM's have had for the last five years) that he'll be too slow to play in the NBA?

I'm just curious how you can tout him as the best player on either the Spurs or Pacers bench.I have really not seen him play much... just internet clips and what I saw in the Olympics last time around. He is a dead-eye shooter and pulls off some amazing passes... I believe he will be great for our offense... which is very slow in it's own respect... so Sarunas should fit right in :lol And I do agree it was pretty bold for me to state he is the best player on either bench... that is something I should wait to see myself... sorry.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Well, that basically boils down to a freak concussion and a late season knee injury.

However, there's another season it really doesn't worry me: the season we had last year. Everyone that COULD get injured, did. And just when a player was really starting to come on, you could pretty much pencil him in for a 1-2 week (at least) stay on the IR. We were simply snakebitten last year, I'm hoping that bad luck has worn off now. :)

BTW, did you see when he got the concussion? It was really weird, he didn't pass out and fall down, he was knocked out but still walking.
He did look pretty fucked up when he stood up... And I know what you mean about when a player started looking good he was due to get injured soon... last season was absolute hell in Indiana.

Kori Ellis
09-07-2005, 04:20 PM
The problem with being slow comes on the defensive end. I've seen him play; I know he can shoot. I'm just saying that his speed has been always a worry for GM's. He's one of those players that I'm not sure his game will translate well to the NBA at all. We'll see. And don't lump him in with your "young" role players. He'll be 30 this season.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

SoupIsGood
09-07-2005, 04:23 PM
The problem with being slow comes on the defensive end. I've seen him play; I know he can shoot. I'm just saying that his speed has been always a worry for GM's. He's one of those players that I'm not sure his game will translate well to the NBA at all. We'll see. And don't lump him in with your "young" role players. He'll be 30 this season.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Yeah, I'm hoping Anthony Johnson can mentor him, or something. AJ is probably the slowest PG in the entire league right now, but still a good defender.

Work your magic AJ. :smokin lol

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 04:24 PM

Welcome to the forum, by the way.Thank you... are you the administrator? I saw your name on the page when the site was down breifly yesterday. I worry some too about how Sarunas' game will translate in the NBA... but I have faith in God's redemption from last season... it worked out pretty well for you guys after your year in hell a few years ago.

Kori Ellis
09-07-2005, 04:24 PM

Was the knee injury the same knee that he hurt in summer league last summer? (or did he hurt his shoulder then?) Didn't he (and his brother) have injury problems at Colorado also?

And yeah, I saw the concussion -- pretty weird.

Kori Ellis
09-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Thank you... are you the administrator? I saw your name on the page when the site was down breifly yesterday. I worry some too about how Sarunas' game will translate in the NBA... but I have faith in God's redemption from last season... it worked out pretty well for you guys after your year in hell a few years ago.

Yes, I'm the administrator, well one of them. The other one is my husband (screen name: timvp). Yeah, the Pacers had a hell of a season last year injury-wise. I hated that -- because of Reggie. Hopefully you guys can stay healthy this year.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping Anthony Johnson can mentor him, or something. AJ is probably the slowest PG in the entire league right now, but still a good defender.

Work your magic AJ. :smokin lolI never really thought about it... but you are right... AJ is damn slow and still does pretty well... all in all I think Sarunas chose a good team to come to considering his defensive woes... Indiana is the top defensive team behind Detroit and San Antonio... I believe that his defensive game may progress from his time in Indiana.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Yes, I'm the administrator, well one of them. The other one is my husband (screen name: timvp). Yeah, the Pacers had a hell of a season last year injury-wise. I hated that -- because of Reggie. Hopefully you guys can stay healthy this year.Thank you... and I want you to know that I will not be a jerk on here... even if Indy beats the Spurs in any game... you have my word that I will not rub it in!!! I respect your franchise and your forum :angel I will pray for your guys' health as well... Ginobili worries me with his dangerous style of play... he is my fav on your team. Plus... I want a good solid matchup in the Finals... I hope neither team will have to use injuries for excuses this year... I want a historic Finals this year... win or lose for my team :spin

SoupIsGood
09-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Was the knee injury the same knee that he hurt in summer league last summer? (or did he hurt his shoulder then?) Didn't he (and his brother) have injury problems at Colorado also?

And yeah, I saw the concussion -- pretty weird.

Well, his knee did bother him for a good amount of the season, so it may have been the same one.

I don't really know a whole lot about his Colorado career... :depressed

He had a minor corrective surgery to the knee, and has lost a lot of weight, so I'm optimistic when it comes to David's health.

http://www.boasas.com/store/store_images/large/blue_shirt.gif

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 04:37 PM
-I called their opinions jokes after they made the same claim of mine

actually no you didn't....you referred to someone's opinion of Bowen being better than Artest in your first post of this thread. So you had not yet made a post that could have been referred to as a joke.

Bottom line is this. A lot of people here think the Spurs are better than the Pacers. Is it reality? no one knows and won't until well into the season. You can tout the Pacers all you want which is what you should do as a fan....but no one here needs to be educated on anything. We know, we just don't agree.

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Well, his knee did bother him for a good amount of the season, so it may have been the same one.

I don't really know a whole lot about his Colorado career...

He had a minor corrective surgery to the knee, and has lost a lot of weight, so I'm optimistic when it comes to David's health.

Hopefully he heals up.....he could be a really good player.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 05:12 PM
actually no you didn't....you referred to someone's opinion of Bowen being better than Artest in your first post of this thread. So you had not yet made a post that could have been referred to as a joke.

Bottom line is this. A lot of people here think the Spurs are better than the Pacers. Is it reality? no one knows and won't until well into the season. You can tout the Pacers all you want which is what you should do as a fan....but no one here needs to be educated on anything. We know, we just don't agree.Ok... you got me on that one... but did you catch me on everything? Or even anything else... I am not here to start trouble... what you described about me in your last post made me look like a troll... which I most definately am not. But... tell me how good of a mood you are going to be if you replaced the name Pacers with Spurs in every single post before that one... Many people would have been a lot nastier in defense of their team. But... I am sorry... I usually try to steer clear of flat out punking someone on something... again... I am not here to start trouble... I want a friendship with the Spurs fans... I respect your organization more than any other. But I will not back down that I did feel some posters needed an education in how good the Pacers should be... because honestly... look at those posts before I even said a word... does it sound like anyone took my team serious as a championship contender... nope... and I still feel that many people don't... although a few people have given me hope... I like this board... and I have a strong feeling that our teams are going to make some history for the next few years... that is why I am here... I wan't a friendly rivalry... not like the one we have with Detroit... I boo them... I most definately do not intend to boo you all... even if you beat us in the next 3 or 4 consecutive Finals... I will not boo you... I am hoping for an amazinging friendly and competitive rivalry between the Pacers and Spurs... one that people all over the world will enjoy...

So, finally...
I am sorry to you...sami... I did not mean to offend you with anything I have written. I did not mean to start any trouble. I hope you will give me a second chance... I am not as bad as you think... and I hope that is not construed as arrogance either... I'm serious... I am sorry... I don't want any beef with anyone.

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 05:25 PM
But I will not back down that I did feel some posters needed an education in how good the Pacers should be...

and I will not back down in my feeling that by you deeming people need "an education" based on the sole reason that they don't agree with you is arrogant and is being a troll.

But we can agree to disagree on that.

But... tell me how good of a mood you are going to be if you replaced the name Pacers with Spurs in every single post before that one.

honestly....I wouldn't care but I have no problem with you disagreeing with those posts and you posting your opinion that you think Indy is better than that. Personally I don't care if someone thinks the Spurs can't win or repeat because the play on the court will answer any question and people are entitled to their opinion. I used to really get pissed off at things like that ...at what I perceived as a lack of respect but I figure if the Spurs win....they have to be recognized. Some of the "experts" have already said the Spurs won't repeat. Doesn't matter to me. Doesn't affect how I feel they will do or whether or not I watch. I agree with you that the Pacers should not be counted out but if somebody does feel that way, they have that right and don't need to be educated. Either your team will prove it or not. As a fan, as long as you believe....nothing else matters.

Sounds like you know your stuff so hopefully you will stay around.

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 05:37 PM
and I will not back down in my feeling that by you deeming people need "an education" based on the sole reason that they don't agree with you is arrogant and is being a troll.

honestly....I wouldn't care but I have no problem with you disagreeing with those posts and you posting your opinion that you think Indy is better than that. Personally I don't care if someone thinks the Spurs can't win or repeat because the play on the court will answer any question and people are entitled to their opinion. I used to really get pissed off at things like that ...at what I perceived as a lack of respect but I figure if the Spurs win....they have to be recognized. Some of the "experts" have already said the Spurs won't repeat. Doesn't matter to me. Doesn't affect how I feel they will do or whether or not I watch. I agree with you that the Pacers should not be counted out but if somebody does feel that way, they have that right and don't need to be educated. Either your team will prove it or not. As a fan, as long as you believe....nothing else matters.

Sounds like you know your stuff so hopefully you will stay around.
I will... do you accept my apology?

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 05:38 PM
accepted. lets move forward.

We do agree on this though.......Miami losing Finley and Damon Jones is funny as hell! :)

jermaine7fan
09-07-2005, 05:47 PM

We do agree on this though.......Miami losing Finley and Damon Jones is funny as hell! :)Quite :lol I feel alot better now... here's to an amazing season ahead :drunk

Frank Slakd
09-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Correct Finley and Jones said no to the Heat...

It will be interesting to see the Chemistry that Antoine and Wiliams present to the team... as well:spin Like the Suns the Heat have a good collection of talent but it remains to be seen if that alone will propel them to the Finals..

romsey31
09-07-2005, 10:24 PM

We do agree on this though.......Miami losing Finley and Damon Jones is funny as hell! :)

Yup! After this season who doyou guys think Shaq will hate mre? Walker of Kobe :lol

2pac
09-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Almost all of you are overlooking the fact that Jermaine ONeal is best known for sucker punching a fat kid on national TV.

That and the Pacers suck.

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Almost all of you are overlooking the fact that Jermaine ONeal is best known for sucker punching a fat kid on national TV.

That and the Pacers suck.

First off the mofo was on the court, and that was the most awesome thing about the fight, oneal came from nowhere and clobbered that fat guy, who deserved it.

2pac
09-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Violence is never the answer. Just because an idiot is on the court does not give Jermaine the right to clock him. That is for the police and security to take care of.

What kind of huge athlete coward sucker punches a kid. Certianly not a man.

jermaine7fan
09-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Violence is never the answer. Just because an idiot is on the court does not give Jermaine the right to clock him. That is for the police and security to take care of.

What kind of huge athlete coward sucker punches a kid. Certianly not a man.Problem was the security and policer officers were in the back smokin on Rasheed's stash... someone had to run security... JO did a good job.

2pac
09-08-2005, 10:00 AM
A good job? He came out of no where to sucker punch a fat kid who posed no threat to him. He and half of that team are just stupid thugs.

remingtonbo2001
09-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Jermaine seemed confused at the time, as if the Apocolypse was on hand. With bloody screams of horror, how could one not assume that Tim Duncan was in the building. I'd be throwing punches too. The sky is falling...No, wait...It's just Tim Duncan.

looktotheskies
09-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Not saying that it was right for O'Neal to punch the guy, but I truly believe that he was on the court to instigate trouble. If you walk onto the court during a melee then you're being the aggresssor and you should have to deal with the consequences.

I have no problem with the dude getting decked.

OTOH ... what Artest and Jackson did was wrong because they went into the stands. Not to say that I wouldn't have done the same thing, but it's wrong regardless.

jermaine7fan
09-08-2005, 04:25 PM
A good job? He came out of no where to sucker punch a fat kid who posed no threat to him. He and half of that team are just stupid thugs.If the man was on the court when he had no clearance to... he was posing a threat.

jermaine7fan
09-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Not saying that it was right for O'Neal to punch the guy, but I truly believe that he was on the court to instigate trouble. If you walk onto the court during a melee then you're being the aggresssor and you should have to deal with the consequences.

I have no problem with the dude getting decked.

OTOH ... what Artest and Jackson did was wrong because they went into the stands. Not to say that I wouldn't have done the same thing, but it's wrong regardless.Agreed on all fronts... especially Stephen... I believe that he was worse than Artest in the stands.