PDA

View Full Version : Rip off body shops in San Antonio

Big Empty
03-30-2015, 05:22 PM
So my drivers door rear view mirror was decaptitated when an oncoming car slammed into a turkey trying to cross the damn road and it flew into me. So it sucks. I go to get some estimates that im gonna pay out of pocket this time. The Ancira body shop on Wurzbach qouted me 710.00.....He said the mirror needed to be replaced and I wasnt gonna find it cheaper any where else. I couldnt believe it...So i told him id think about it. I go over to Applewhites and he qouted me 456.00 which I almost took. Just for the hell of it I went down the block over to Arts paint & body since I was in the area. 232.00...Done deal. WOW so if you're not using insurance and you go to some of these places beware.

Thread
03-30-2015, 05:28 PM
I see those driver & passenger side mirrors broken/hanging loose a lot here. It's a fuckin' shame, kids do it just for kicks I surmise. I figured it would be upward of grand to replace them. You're fortunate on finding one so reasonable.

DJR210
03-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Ancira is terrible.. Quoted like 2 grand for a dented door.. Took the insurance check and said fuck the door, fixed it myself some time later.

Leetonidas
03-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Always go somewhere else and tell them what the last people told you and they'll usually do it for cheaper. Had some be@ner tell me I needed a whole new transmission and quoted me 4600 when I took it somewhere else and told them they lol'd and told me there were some seal and gasket issues and it ended up costing like 400 bucks. Most of these fuckers are shady as shit and try to start using technical jargon to confuse you into buying shit you don't need

DMC
03-30-2015, 08:33 PM
You should quit cold turkey tbh

DMC
03-30-2015, 08:35 PM
tbh a lot of them don't want the work so they over-quote. If you pay they make a hefty profit, if you walk, they didn't want you anyhow.

Aztecfan03
03-30-2015, 09:26 PM
I ordered a replacement online for the passenger side rearview mirror of a focus because I got to close to the side of the garage. Was like 80 bucks or less.