PDA

View Full Version : LakersGround Meltdown After Clarkson Game-Winner

BatManu20
03-30-2015, 11:39 PM
:lol, tbh..

Starting on Page 28.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=172865&postdays=0&postorder=asc******=675******=650

BatManu20
03-30-2015, 11:39 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2j4u7gl.png

BatManu20
03-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Shit, meant to post this downstairs. My b. Mods, do ya thang.

ElNono
03-31-2015, 12:06 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2j4u7gl.png

lmao Sanchez, Almeda, Fernandez, Acuņa... Mexicali lakerfan repping...

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 12:10 AM
I aint mad. You know, Clarkson might as well have been a lottery pick and if next year Randle turns out to be who we wish he can be, we got two legit lottery picks already. Not bad at all

Spurs 4 The Win
03-31-2015, 12:16 AM
I aint mad. You know, Clarkson might as well have been a lottery pick and if next year Randle turns out to be who we wish he can be, we got two legit lottery picks already. Not bad at all

/blue font

CitizenDwayne
03-31-2015, 12:36 AM

:lmao

RD2191
03-31-2015, 12:39 AM
Bunch of Mexicans and Asians:lol

will_spurs
03-31-2015, 01:14 AM
Would be so nice to see the Lakers lose their pick. One awful season of tanking and nothing coming out of it!

freetiago
03-31-2015, 05:55 AM
Feel bad for Clarkson tbh..
He's gonna open his social media after this and be let down by all the death threats he gets after hitting a game winner

pgardn
03-31-2015, 07:13 AM
The lottery system needs fixing in a bad way.
There must be minimal incentive to lose.

Suggestions?

spursparker9
03-31-2015, 08:03 AM
They got a steal with Clarkson tbh.

SupremeGuy
03-31-2015, 09:27 AM
lmao Sanchez, Almeda, Fernandez, Acuņa... Mexicali lakerfan repping...

Bunch of Mexicans and Asians:lol:lol

Cry Havoc
03-31-2015, 09:38 AM
The lottery system needs fixing in a bad way.
There must be minimal incentive to lose.

Suggestions?

The best idea I've heard is to have a playoff for lottery teams at the end of the season, and whoever wins the playoff gets the top draft pick. But that would suck for teams that are genuinely terrible, they'd struggle to get off the floor.

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 10:30 AM
They got a steal with Clarkson tbh.

Just like with Kendall Marshall last year?

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 10:35 AM
The best idea I've heard is to have a playoff for lottery teams at the end of the season, and whoever wins the playoff gets the top draft pick. But that would suck for teams that are genuinely terrible, they'd struggle to get off the floor.

It just needs to be a straight lottery. Put 14 balls in that air machine, first ball drawn is the #1 pick, second the #2, and so on. It was pretty effective getting rid of tanking after Houston did that shit back to back years, and you didn't start seeing tanking again until they went and started heavily weighting the lottery in favor of the worst teams again.

Cry Havoc
03-31-2015, 11:11 AM
It just needs to be a straight lottery. Put 14 balls in that air machine, first ball drawn is the #1 pick, second the #2, and so on. It was pretty effective getting rid of tanking after Houston did that shit back to back years, and you didn't start seeing tanking again until they went and started heavily weighting the lottery in favor of the worst teams again.

Except that still wouldn't help teams in the Lakers situation, who need to finish with a bottom 5 record to retain their draft pick. They'd still be tanking as hard as possible. So while I agree with the concept of lottery, there still needs to be an overhaul as far as how lottery picks are protected. You should never be rewarded a draft pick for purposely being terrible. IMO that's worse than tanking for better odds, because you're guaranteed the pick.

Cry Havoc
03-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Also relevant: LOL Lakers. When they aren't gifted an all-world big, they're the worst team in the West.

itzsoweezee
03-31-2015, 11:36 AM
Spurs should expect an easy win against Orlando. You know that the magic are trying to out-tank the Lakers.

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Except that still wouldn't help teams in the Lakers situation, who need to finish with a bottom 5 record to retain their draft pick. They'd still be tanking as hard as possible. So while I agree with the concept of lottery, there still needs to be an overhaul as far as how lottery picks are protected. You should never be rewarded a draft pick for purposely being terrible. IMO that's worse than tanking for better odds, because you're guaranteed the pick.

Why would they tank when it would do nothing to help them stay in the top 5 to keep their pick?

Cry Havoc
03-31-2015, 12:04 PM
Why would they tank when it would do nothing to help them stay in the top 5 to keep their pick?

If they win, they might lose the draft pick. They're tanking to keep it. I'm not sure what you're asking.

SupremeGuy
03-31-2015, 12:06 PM
PhiLOL and the LOLakers got exposed as the frauds and shitty organizations, respectively, they are this year.

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 12:41 PM
If they win, they might lose the draft pick. They're tanking to keep it. I'm not sure what you're asking.

How would they lose any chance of getting a top 5 pick by winning under my suggested system where your odds are independent of record in the lottery? It's not like the Lakers are a team that could have been on the verge of the playoffs if not for the tank.

Cry Havoc
03-31-2015, 01:15 PM
How would they lose any chance of getting a top 5 pick by winning under my suggested system where your odds are independent of record in the lottery? It's not like the Lakers are a team that could have been on the verge of the playoffs if not for the tank.

Because of the trade clause they currently have, which states that if they finish 6 worst or better in the NBA they have to send the pick to Philly.

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 01:21 PM
Because of the trade clause they currently have, which states that if they finish 6 worst or better in the NBA they have to send the pick to Philly.

The pick is top 5 protected. Not protected against the Lakers record. In my system the only way the Lakers could change the odds of keeping their pick would be to make the playoffs so that they had 0% chance of keeping it.

Silver&Black
03-31-2015, 01:25 PM

Also I hate the whole "closed door" aspect of the Lottery. I'm not saying that I don't trust "The Brass" at the top of the Association....I'm just saying.

Put the entire thing on television....make a 30 minute TV show. Show all the ping pong balls going in...and show them live as they're picked. Every year we have a "conspiracy" on who gets the #1 pick. "The NBA wants CLE to get the 1st pick so Lebron comes back"....."The NBA wanted Ewing in NY". And god forbid the Lakers win the Lottery. The conspiracy theories will be at an all time high....

Cry Havoc
03-31-2015, 01:37 PM
The pick is top 5 protected. Not protected against the Lakers record. In my system the only way the Lakers could change the odds of keeping their pick would be to make the playoffs so that they had 0% chance of keeping it.

That's solid then, IMO.

Cry Havoc
03-31-2015, 01:37 PM
Also I hate the whole "closed door" aspect of the Lottery. I'm not saying that I don't trust "The Brass" at the top of the Association....I'm just saying.

Put the entire thing on television....make a 30 minute TV show. Show all the ping pong balls going in...and show them live as they're picked. Every year we have a "conspiracy" on who gets the #1 pick. "The NBA wants CLE to get the 1st pick so Lebron comes back"....."The NBA wanted Ewing in NY". And god forbid the Lakers win the Lottery. The conspiracy theories will be at an all time high....

And, per usual, the Lakers won't do a damn thing with it unless they get gifted another all-world big from a team who had a closed door meeting with the commish about making a trade.

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 01:44 PM

The lottery as it is done now wouldn't make very good TV though. They draw a sequence of numbers, and that sequence determines the top 3 picks, then the rest goes by record. So its just draw a few numbers and look in the table of precomputed scenarios to see which 3 teams pick top 3 and in what order. It would be really boring and you wouldn't get the game show style revaltion of results you have now.

Silver&Black
03-31-2015, 02:24 PM
The lottery as it is done now wouldn't make very good TV though. They draw a sequence of numbers, and that sequence determines the top 3 picks, then the rest goes by record. So its just draw a few numbers and look in the table of precomputed scenarios to see which 3 teams pick top 3 and in what order. It would be really boring and you wouldn't get the game show style revaltion of results you have now.

Totally agree....and I'm not looking for a "game show style" TV show. AND I really don't care if it makes good TV or not.

The current TV show ESPN airs is not really that good either. I mean I get to watch Dan Gilbert's son again (well not this year)....and Dr. J will probably make another appearance...and I get to see what good luck charms the people brought with them.

I just think that having full access to the lottery ball selections is a necessary evil....good TV or bad TV be damned.