PDA

View Full Version : In 5th place .... how much higher?

tholdren
04-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Fri, Apr 3

vs

Denver (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/den/denver-nuggets)

8:30 PM

Sun, Apr 5

vs

Golden State (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors)

7:00 PM
NBATV

Tue, Apr 7

@

Oklahoma City (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/okc/oklahoma-city-thunder)

8:00 PM
TNT

Wed, Apr 8

vs

Houston (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets)

8:30 PM

Fri, Apr 10

@

Houston (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets)

NBATV

Sun, Apr 12

vs

Phoenix (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/phx/phoenix-suns)

7:00 PM

Wed, Apr 15

@

New Orleans (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/no/new-orleans-pelicans)

T Park
04-01-2015, 09:30 PM
No reason they shouldn't win out if they keep playing guys.

The last game of the year will be the toughest.

Mel_13
04-01-2015, 09:35 PM
They'll be in 5th if Portland wins. They'll remain in 6th if the Clippers win.

Mugen
04-01-2015, 09:40 PM
I think they finish 3rd or 5th. Houston will split the games and will end up as a 2nd seed. Winner of the Grizz/Clipps game gets the other spot the Spurs don't get.

I think i'd rather have the 5th seed tbh.....

RD2191
04-01-2015, 09:42 PM
I think they finish 3rd or 5th. Houston will split the games and will end up as a 2nd seed. Winner of the Grizz/Clipps game gets the other spot the Spurs don't get.

I think i'd rather have the 5th seed tbh.....
5th seed is perfect imo. they can either beat the dubs or not. doesn't matter if it's in the 2nd round or wcf imo

Mugen
04-01-2015, 09:44 PM
5th seed is perfect imo. they can either beat the dubs or not. doesn't matter if it's in the 2nd round or wcf imo

It'd be 07 all over again as the semis would be the real Finals. The Spurs are also 12-3 in the 2nd round the last 3 seasons tbh.

TampaDude
04-01-2015, 09:45 PM

Rip City up 15 last I checked. Go Guests!

Blake
04-01-2015, 09:51 PM
I'd rather have 6th over 5th to play the Warriors in the WCF instead of second round.

maybe some how the warriors get knocked out in second round

RD2191
04-01-2015, 09:51 PM
It'd be 07 all over again as the semis would be the real Finals. The Spurs are also 12-3 in the 2nd round the last 3 seasons tbh.
Can you imagine the meltdown espn and the sports media would have if the dubs lost in the 2nd?:lol

Mugen
04-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Can you imagine the meltdown espn and the sports media would have if the dubs lost in the 2nd?:lol

Knocking the Dubs out and then sweeping LeCoon again, ESPN might file for bankruptcy tbh

tholdren
04-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Knocking the Dubs out and then sweeping LeCoon again, ESPN might file for bankruptcy tbh
gsg

TampaDude
04-01-2015, 10:07 PM

Kawhi vs. LeBron would be epic, though. :hat

Mugen
04-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Kawhi vs. LeBron would be epic, though. :hat

Whi goes full mast when he sees that bald nigga across from him tbh. I guarantee LeCoon wants zero part of another series with Leonard and the Spurs.

tholdren
04-01-2015, 10:12 PM

if portland loses they will be 48-26, correct? sa is 49-26

RD2191
04-01-2015, 10:12 PM
:lmao

Mel_13
04-01-2015, 10:16 PM
if portland loses they will be 48-26, correct? sa is 49-26

Yes, but Portland, as a division winner, can't finish lower than the 4th seed.

Old School 44
04-01-2015, 10:16 PM
I think it would be great if the Spurs got 3rd and the rest of the conference lined up like this.

1. Warriors
2. Grizzlies
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Rockets
6. Clippers
7. Mavericks
8. Thunder

tholdren
04-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Yes, but Portland, as a division winner, can't finish lower than the 4th seed.
#taketop16

HI-FI
04-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Whi goes full mast when he sees that bald nigga across from him tbh. I guarantee LeCoon wants zero part of another series with Leonard and the Spurs.
Only thing that gives me pause is the NBA hooked them up with so many no.1 draft picks, they might want a return on investment. Plus if LeCoon shits the bed again, they might lose their Asian market here and abroad.

still, Kawhi reaches his peak against LeBron. ESPN would market it as Revenge vs Repeat imo.

Mugen
04-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Only thing that gives me pause is the NBA hooked them up with so many no.1 draft picks, they might want a return on investment. Plus if LeCoon shits the bed again, they might lose their Asian market here and abroad.

still, Kawhi reaches his peak against LeBron. ESPN would market it as Revenge vs Repeat imo.

we could play the entire series in that shithole city and the Spurs would still roll in 5 tbh.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Win em all and let the standings be what they are and play whoever

rmt
04-02-2015, 12:17 AM
I think it would be great if the Spurs got 3rd and the rest of the conference lined up like this.

1. Warriors
2. Grizzlies
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Rockets
6. Clippers
7. Mavericks
8. Thunder

This is the best scenario. Spurs match up very well with Clippers (hack-a-Jordan) and Grizzlies (as long as Splitter is healthy). Want to avoid GSW (as long as possible), HOU and Mavs.

SnakeBoy
04-02-2015, 12:20 AM
Why are all of you so scared of GSW? How does avoiding them for as long as possible help the Spurs?

Clipper Nation
04-02-2015, 12:22 AM

:cry But, but, Curry had a nice crossover in the regular season! That's what really matters! :cry

Vic Petro
04-02-2015, 12:49 AM
Why are all of you so scared of GSW? How does avoiding them for as long as possible help the Spurs?

Because another team might take them out for us.

I think the Spurs would eke out a series against them anyway, but Golden State is really good. You don't go the whole year as the #1 offense, #1 defense, and finish 10+ games ahead of your next closest competitor in a brutal conference without being a very nasty team. They have home court, and if anybody beats them over 7 games it'll be a huge upset. That said...

:flag:

The Whopper
04-02-2015, 12:56 AM
After a difficult and clunky season…I like the way things are turning out. Manu needs to turn it up. Patty needs to play better or be benched permanently in favor of Joseph.

spurraider21
04-02-2015, 01:22 AM
spurs cavs would be great

:lol would be pretty funny if lebron-kawhi becomes a huge rivalry when for years the media was trying to sell lebron-durant

Rapper
04-02-2015, 01:25 AM
Against the warriors would be an easy matchup for the spurs and the spurs are gonna upset the homecrowd in the bay area

ElNono
04-02-2015, 01:29 AM
As high as Tiago takes us, tbh....

SpursFan86
04-02-2015, 01:37 AM
Think it's pretty unlikely we finish up ahead of LAC...their hardest game remaining is at home against Memphis after 3 days of rest. Outside of that, they play Denver twice, the Lakers twice, and Phoenix once. I can't see them dropping more than 2 games over this final stretch. They have the tiebreaker over us too I believe, so we'll need an extra loss from them.

Dallas is out of the picture now. No question that we'll finish ahead of them.

I'd be surprised if we don't finish ahead of Portland. We're tied right now, and they have really been struggling recently. Problem is, they'll still be 4th anyways because of the division thing.

Finishing ahead of Houston is going to come down to those 2 games. If we win both, there's a very good chance we'll end up ahead of Houston. If we even split those 2 games with Houston, the chances of us getting ahead of them will decrease dramatically. Those are as important as you'll get for regular season games.

Memphis is going to be tough. We're 2 games back from then, and I believe they'll have the tiebreaker...so even if we win out, we'd need them to lose 3 games. Their remaining schedule is pretty rough (OKC, Washington on a b2b, New Orleans, @Utah, @LAC, @GS, Indiana) though. Given how they've been playing, they could very well end up losing 3+ games. Again though, that would probably require us losing 1 more game at the max.

In the end, I think we'll pass Portland and one other team. So I guess I'll go with 5th seed and HCA over Portland. I'd be content with that.

z0sa
04-02-2015, 01:59 AM
My "reasonable" hope is Spurs @ 3rd.

james evans
04-02-2015, 02:00 AM
i have a feeling portend didn't want to win that game tonight just to avoid us in the 1st round, but we are coming for them

benstanfield
04-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Warriors have one of the best HCA of any team in the league

until nosebleed seats go for $2000 in the playoffs

Problem against them is that you just can't blow them out barring terrible shooting. If you're gonna beat them every game will be close, and they'll have arguable 2-3 of the best offensive players on the court

letmk
04-02-2015, 02:49 AM
Looking at the remaining schedules, it might be possible that Clippers & Spurs finish as #2 & #3, while the Rockets and Grizzlies finish at #5 & #6. Of course, this all depends on the Spurs beating the Rockets twice next week.

aal04
04-02-2015, 03:28 AM
Priorities

1. Stay healthy.
2. Stay infront of Cavs.
3. 50 wins.

Thebesteva
04-02-2015, 07:36 AM

That sig tbh, he claims he makes $1,400 a day :lol

Blake
04-02-2015, 08:19 AM

1. Warriors
2. Grizzlies
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Rockets
6. Clippers
7. Mavericks
8. Thunder

I like that. Spurs would coast through to the WCF

DBMethos
04-02-2015, 08:28 AM

This. You'd think the Warriors have already won the championship...time to smack them back down to earth in the real season, '05 Phoenix style.

boutons_deux
04-02-2015, 08:35 AM
beat GSW and HOU twice, iow, run the table, and get no lower than 4th, with a good chance for 3rd and HCA for 1st, 2nd rounds.

Keepin' it real
04-02-2015, 08:50 AM
I don't care as long as they don't enter the playoffs with a double-digit winning streak and then fail to win the title. Two times is enough of that mess already.

Cry Havoc
04-02-2015, 09:08 AM

1. Warriors
2. Grizzlies
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Rockets
6. Clippers
7. Mavericks
8. Thunder

That's ideal but I can't see Houston falling that far.

RD2191
04-02-2015, 09:09 AM
That sig tbh, he claims he makes $1,400 a day :lol
:lmao

Cry Havoc
04-02-2015, 09:10 AM
We have a B2B with Houston coming up soon.. the entire playoff picture could ride on that. If we can beat them both games we have a good shot at 3rd place (of course we have to win the other ones too).

Beaverfuzz
04-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Priorities

1. Stay healthy.
2. Stay infront of Cavs.
3. 50 wins.

Who gives a shit about the Cavs? #1 and #3 only.

Beaverfuzz
04-02-2015, 10:10 AM
We have a B2B with Houston coming up soon.. the entire playoff picture could ride on that. If we can beat them both games we have a good shot at 3rd place (of course we have to win the other ones too).

Be nice to move above Houston in the playoff seeding no matter what.

cjw
04-02-2015, 10:11 AM

Houston had to hit 18 threes to barely beat Sacramento at home yesterday. With no Howard and Beverly, their defense is a lot worse and their depth suffers. I'd love to see Danny and Kawhi switching back and forth on Harden to frustrate him, though I'm sure one of those two games will result in him getting to the line 15+ times.

Seventyniner
04-02-2015, 10:13 AM
I'd rather see the Clippers finish 5th. That's rather unlikely given their easy schedule.

I just want to see the Spurs with a relatively easy path to the WCF and await the winner of LAC/GS. Those teams hate each other and would make for a great series, but I always lose a good bit of interest in the playoffs after the Spurs are eliminated.

Cry Havoc
04-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Houston had to hit 18 threes to barely beat Sacramento at home yesterday. With no Howard and Beverly, their defense is a lot worse and their depth suffers. I'd love to see Danny and Kawhi switching back and forth on Harden to frustrate him, though I'm sure one of those two games will result in him getting to the line 15+ times.

I think we could realistically see Pop throw some tricks at Harden. Maybe guarding him with a weak player and bringing VERY fast strongside help, although that would probably just mean FTs.

Pop usually gameplans pretty well for superstars, it's the 3rd wing off the bench who torches us for 35. :lol

Cry Havoc
04-02-2015, 10:22 AM
I'd love to have either Houston or Memphis take a crack at Golden State. At the very least, the physical play would wear them down. Best to avoid Memphis/Houston if possible just to keep our guys healthier. The best chance we have of getting hurt vs. LAC is if one of their players flops into Duncan's Punisher brace. :lol

I think we'd handle the Clippers as usual, although I'm not super thrilled about playing the Mavs, I'd take Dallas in R1 if it meant having HCA for Round 2. Although the 3rd seed and playing Portland in R1 wouldn't be terrible either.

Old School 44
04-02-2015, 10:38 AM
That's ideal but I can't see Houston falling that far.
I don't expect the Blazers to move up to 2 or 3, so as a division winner they're locked in at 4. I think the Mavs and Thunder are locked in at 7 and 8. So that leaves the Rockets, Spurs, Clips, Memphis jockeying for 2, 3, 5 and 6. The key is really the head-to-head games with the Rockets. If either team sweeps the two games, I think the winner will be 3rd and the loser could move all the way to 6th depending on what the Clips do in their remaining games.

Cry Havoc
04-02-2015, 10:46 AM
I don't expect the Blazers to move up to 2 or 3, so as a division winner they're locked in at 4. I think the Mavs and Thunder are locked in at 7 and 8. So that leaves the Rockets, Spurs, Clips, Memphis jockeying for 2, 3, 5 and 6. The key is really the head-to-head games with the Rockets. If either team sweeps the two games, I think the winner will be 3rd and the loser could move all the way to 6th depending on what the Clips do in their remaining games.

That divisional bullshit needs to stop. You shouldn't get rewarded for having a worse record.

Old School 44
04-02-2015, 10:47 AM
^no doubt, dumb rule. Can you imagine if Toronto was not in the Atlantic Division? That would make the Brooklyn Nets a lock for the 4th seed in the east at 34-40.

Cry Havoc
04-02-2015, 10:51 AM
^no doubt, dumb rule

In reality though, barring injury I don't see it making a lot of difference.

Title contenders out West:
Golden State, San Antonio

If these teams stay healthy, they'll meet at some point, and the winner (again, barring injury) is Finals and likely LOB. (Though I could see Cleveland giving GSW some fits because they have no one to really slow him down.)

Potentially have a Finals run in them:
Houston

Good team but won't go anywhere:
Memphis, Dallas, Portland

Wild card but probably out in the first round:
Clippers

Raven
04-02-2015, 10:55 AM

easier schedule, since they have the #1D and #2O.

travis2
04-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Keep in mind also that in any potential 4/5 series involving Portland...HCA for the series is strictly record based. If the #5 seed has a better record, they get the HCA.

That division winner + #1 non-winner is seeding only.

SnakeBoy
04-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Because another team might take them out for us.

I think the Spurs would eke out a series against them anyway, but Golden State is really good. You don't go the whole year as the #1 offense, #1 defense, and finish 10+ games ahead of your next closest competitor in a brutal conference without being a very nasty team. They have home court, and if anybody beats them over 7 games it'll be a huge upset. That said...

:flag:

Yeah that seems like wishful thinking to me, Spurs are the only team that can take out GSW imo.

I heard a dude on the radio who gave the best reason I've heard for wanting GSW in the WCF instead of the semis. Basically it was because of pressure on a team increases each round they advance. The dubs are inexperienced in that regard and they could tighten up, start missing shots, or panic and try playing hero ball. Spurs on the other hand have been there done that repeatedly. Probably some truth in that.

therealtruth
04-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Yeah that seems like wishful thinking to me, Spurs are the only team that can take out GSW imo.

I heard a dude on the radio who gave the best reason I've heard for wanting GSW in the WCF instead of the semis. Basically it was because of pressure on a team increases each round they advance. The dubs are inexperienced in that regard and they could tighten up, start missing shots, or panic and try playing hero ball. Spurs on the other hand have been there done that repeatedly. Probably some truth in that.

It will be interesting alot of teams don't get that far on the first attempt. However Kerr gives them an edge due to his championship experience. He may be the next PJ in his ability to take a good team to a great team.

Russo21
04-03-2015, 05:09 AM
Can't believe we are 75 games into the season. It's been a blur. Feels like yesterday I was celebrating #5 :)

FlAVaK
04-03-2015, 05:24 AM
Priorities

1. Stay healthy.
2. Stay infront of Cavs.
3. 50 wins.

2. & 3. redundant now, as the Cavs got 49 wins too. So Spurs need to win out (Cavs got one more loss, hold the tie-breaker) or Cleveland to lose one more to get HCA in a potential finals matchup...

But you are right: as long as 1. stands, opponents are not that important! :flag::ihit:lobt2:

szkorhetz
04-03-2015, 05:40 AM
As high as Tiago takes us, tbh....

Funny, but true.

hater
04-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Who gives a shit about 50 wins?

Agloco
04-03-2015, 09:23 AM

The answer is pretty obvious. Anything can happen in the playoffs

DesignatedT
04-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Sucks those games against Houston are worse scheduling wise for us.

The first game vs Houston is a second night of a b2b for us after we play at OKC (Houston coming off 3 days rest) and the second game is 3 games in 4 nights for us (2 games in 5 nights for them)

Very tough spots for us to win those games and of course all the cliff jumpers will be coming out if we don't.

SpursFan86
04-03-2015, 09:37 AM
An interesting thing to note: if Portland/LAC both stay in 4th/5th, the travel will be very easy for the first 2 rounds.

http://www.nbaplayoffsbracket.com/2015/

We wouldn't leave the central time zone until the WCF, and we'd be guaranteed at least one series where we don't leave Texas.

Mel_13
04-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Sucks those games against Houston are worse scheduling wise for us.

The first game vs Houston is a second night of a b2b for us after we play at OKC (Houston coming off 3 days rest) and the second game is 3 games in 4 nights for us (2 games in 5 nights for them)

Very tough spots for us to win those games and of course all the cliff jumpers will be coming out if we don't.

True. 6th seed is the most likely outcome.

DesignatedT
04-03-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm fine with it tbh. I would rather be 6 then 5. I'm in the avoid GS boat.

I think memphis finishing at 3 and us 6 would be the best case for us. Unless Portland can somehow climb up (very doubtful). Would set up a tough second round vs houston but maybe we get lucky and dallas upsets them.

Blake
04-03-2015, 01:45 PM
I'm fine with it tbh. I would rather be 6 then 5. I'm in the avoid GS boat.

Welcome aboard

TimmyDuncan21
04-03-2015, 03:50 PM
My Guess is they get 4th.

Beaverfuzz
04-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Just win games and take it into the playoffs. I'd rather matchup with Portland first (and home court) and then Golden State but I can also accept a great WCF between the two teams. Just have to get over the hump and win just about every series on the road, of which this team is severely lacking in compared to last year. :flag: :lobt2: :bobo :whine :chestbump :pop:

Silver&Black
04-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Remaining schedule is not really the easiest tbh....

http://i.imgur.com/oC6RSLE.png