PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Statement By Florida Governor!!!

infinite styles
09-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Watching the FSU/MIA game they had Jed Bush on talking about Hurricane Katrina. Brent asked him how he was able to deal with hurricanes going through Florida so well and his response was somewhere along the lines of:
"We had been preparing for it so we had great resources and were able to get relief within a couple of days, so I'm proud of what we did but our heart goes out to New Orleans, but, its really payback because we had four hurricanes go through us first!"

:huh Wow is all I really have to say about that. He was doing ok until that last part. How do you call this payback. If he were Osama Bin Laden or something and would have called Katrina payback then people would be calling for an all out war against him. But I guess its just another arrogant comment from the Bush family so it should be expected. :( :( :(

T Park
09-05-2005, 09:47 PM
But I guess its just another arrogant comment from the Bush family so it should be expected

of course........:rolleyes

Horry For 3!
09-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Lame Thread

infinite styles
09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Lame Thread

And its lame because what you voted for his brother. I don't see how its lame if you don't like it move on and don't post.

Mixability
09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
of course........:rolleyes

Are you like Bush's bitch or what? Because in every thread you have Dubya's nuts on your chin! It's getting old....fast. :rolleyes

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Did he really say that? Those exact words?

CharlieMac
09-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I voted bush. And if his brother said that, that's fucking lame.

infinite styles
Did he really say that? Those exact words?

Yes he did. Kinda took me off guard for a moment like "He didn't just say that."

T Park
Are you like Bush's bitch or what? Because in every thread you have Dubya's nuts on your chin! It's getting old....fast.

Hmmmm that gets old.

But you redigging and redigging my giving up on the Spurs isn't???

Glass houses my friend.........

timvp
09-05-2005, 09:55 PM
I blame this on the local government.

[/whottt]

Kori Ellis
09-05-2005, 09:55 PM
I'd like to see/hear the actual quote.

Mixability
09-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Hmmmm that gets old.

But you redigging and redigging my giving up on the Spurs isn't???

Glass houses my friend.........

hmmm, i might be wrong, but where in this thread did i mention your fat bandwaggoning ass?

infinite styles
09-05-2005, 09:59 PM
I'd like to see/hear the actual quote.

I wish I had it recorded but I promise that that is what he said. There might be something about it tomorrow but who knows.

Kori Ellis
09-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Well I guess I believe you - He said the same thing on Aug 31st. :wtf But I don't he means payback time like you think. He means that it's time for himself/Florida to payback those that helped them during the Florida hurricanes.

Gov. Jeb Bush was on hand to see them off at Olive Baptist Church. The convoy then split in two. A Southern Baptist Disaster Relief contingent went to Hattiesburg, Miss., and a Salvation Army group to Mobile, Ala., although it is likely to later be sent farther west.

"It's payback time as far as I'm concerned," Bush said later. He noted that volunteers and government agencies from across the nation came to Florida's aid last year, when four hurricanes struck the state.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Well, our editor in chief has the game recorded since he's a Miami grad, but I don't want to fuck up his DVR by going to his house and checking. I wanted to run that quote for our Quote of the Day topper.

infinite styles
09-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Well I guess I believe you - He said the same thing on Aug 31st. :wtf But I don't he means payback time like you think. He means that it's time for himself/Florida to payback those that helped them during the Florida hurricanes.

Well I hope that thats what he means cause if its not then thats pretty fucked up to take numbers like that in a time where so much is going wrong.

I mean the way he said it didn't sit well with me personnally.

MannyIsGod
09-05-2005, 10:04 PM
He did say it, I heard it. But the context isn't correct as to what is being portrayed here. He meant it was payback time as in it was Florida's turn to help their neighboring states the way other states had helped them the year before with the 4 hurricanes.

Kori Ellis
09-05-2005, 10:05 PM
He did say it, I heard it. But the context isn't correct as to what is being portrayed here. He meant it was payback time as in it was Florida's turn to help their neighboring states the way other states had helped them the year before with the 4 hurricanes.

Yeah, that's what I just said. :)

MannyIsGod
09-05-2005, 10:05 PM
And actually, the quote in the first post of this thread is off. He didn't say first. Well, at least I don't remember him saying that.

Horry For 3!
09-05-2005, 10:06 PM
True. The person who did this thread said it wrong. As why I said Lame Thread.

NINERS4LIFE
Thats exactly what he was getting at. But he was cut off by Brent describing a play on the field, so the last thing he said was that it was payback.

Johnny_Blaze_47
Yeah...just read another story on it...Kori's right.

No story here.

Horry For 3!
09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
And its lame because what you voted for his brother. I don't see how its lame if you don't like it move on and don't post.
You don't know how to quote a person and yes I voted for George Bush :flipoff

atlfan25
09-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Well I hope that thats what he means cause if its not then thats pretty fucked up to take numbers like that in a time where so much is going wrong.

I mean the way he said it didn't sit well with me personnally.
:lmao

atlfan25
09-05-2005, 10:08 PM
hmmm, i might be wrong, but where in this thread did i mention your fat bandwaggoning ass?
is this some sort of moron joke on yourself?

infinite styles
09-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Ok so I mis-heard the last part but do you honestly think that the word "payback" is the right thing to say at this time.

infinite styles
09-05-2005, 10:09 PM
You don't know how to quote a person and yes I voted for George Bush :flipoff

And you don't know how to correct a pesron so fuck you too.

MannyIsGod
09-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Ok so I mis-heard the last part but do you honestly think that the word "payback" is the right thing to say at this time.
Just STFU.

Shelly

Well, I 'payback' people who help me.

atlfan25
so do you not want florida to payback the people who helped them?

i guess i shouldn't say payback, my mistake

i will go to a thesaurus first as to not upset styles with the correct phrase

timvp
09-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I think it'd make more sense to people if they spell it right:

Pay back.

:drunk

Shelly
09-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I think it'd make more sense to people if they spell it right:

Pay back.

:drunk

Who are you? Mr. Dictionary? :lol

Kori Ellis
09-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Main Entry: pay·back
Pronunciation: 'pA-"bak
Function: noun
1 : a return on an investment equal to the original capital outlay; also : the period of time elapsed before an investment is recouped
2 : REQUITAL
3 : a compound word that timvp separated into two words to try to make a joke

timvp
Who are you? Mr. Dictionary? :lol

I'm about to pay back that comment after I get some payback.

:hat

Mixability
is this some sort of moron joke on yourself?

no, but are you some sort of moron joke? :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
infinite styles, just shut up.

You tried to play partisan bullshit and take a quote out of context and got owned on it. STFU.

Shelly
I'm about to pay back that comment after I get some payback.

:hat

Is that like payola?

timvp
09-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Is that like payola?

Something like that. Send it to me via paypal so I can pay, pal.

P.S.

This has turned into one weird azz thread.
:lol

atlfan25
09-05-2005, 10:15 PM
no, but are you some sort of moron joke? :lol
yes i am, i have said so many times, what next? jesus has just been crucified?

infinite styles
09-05-2005, 10:16 PM
infinite styles, just shut up.

You tried to play partisan bullshit and take a quote out of context and got owned on it. STFU.

Well I apologize for the misunderstanding and will try and find a way to "payback" the time that you wasted in reading this thread.
:smokin

Shelly
09-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Something like that. Send it to me via paypal so I can pay, pal.

P.S.

This has turned into one weird azz thread.
:lol

And on that note, I think you should name your dog PAL!

Horry For 3!
09-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Well I apologize for the misunderstanding and will try and find a way to "payback" the time that you wasted in reading this thread.
:smokin
You sir have just got OWNED. :lmao

exstatic
09-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Are you like Bush's bitch or what? Because in every thread you have Dubya's nuts on your chin! It's getting old....fast. :rolleyes

New title for TPark: T-Bag :lol make it happen, timvp...

He probably just fumbled his phrase. Payback, if used as one word, has a negative connotation almost all of the time. He should have used repayment, but then again, it's not like anyone in that family would ever rival Reagan or Clinton as a speaker.

infinite styles
09-05-2005, 11:42 PM
He probably just fumbled his phrase. Payback, if used as one word, has a negative connotation almost all of the time. He should have used repayment, but then again, it's not like anyone in that family would ever rival Reagan or Clinton as a speaker.

Thats what I was thinking when he said it so thats why I had a problem with it but if I'm wrong then I'm wrong its all good.