PDA

View Full Version : Baynes!!!

TampaDude
04-01-2015, 09:18 PM
'nuff said...

Arcadian
04-02-2015, 12:06 PM
I knew this guy should have been playing more minutes over Bonner.

With a big rotation of Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes, we have some real depth there.

Knoxxx
04-02-2015, 12:40 PM
I knew this guy should have been playing more minutes over Bonner.

With a big rotation of Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes, we have some real depth there.

With a big rotation of Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes/Bonner we have even more depth and versatility. Or have you forgotten that Bonner was the "stretch 4" that neutralized the "return of Ibaka" in last year's playoffs by drawing him out of the paint?

I was as critical as anyone of Bonner when he made $4 million per. At the veteran's minimum I love having the guy on the roster and even seeing him get some playing time when the injuries and matchups (or garbage time even better) warrants it.

weebo
04-02-2015, 01:07 PM
I don't mind Bonner being on the team with the minutes he gets. The Spurs could do much worse for an end of bench guy.

Arcadian
04-02-2015, 03:58 PM
With a big rotation of Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Baynes/Bonner we have even more depth and versatility. Or have you forgotten that Bonner was the "stretch 4" that neutralized the "return of Ibaka" in last year's playoffs by drawing him out of the paint?

I was as critical as anyone of Bonner when he made $4 million per. At the veteran's minimum I love having the guy on the roster and even seeing him get some playing time when the injuries and matchups (or garbage time even better) warrants it.

I don't disagree with that, but are the Spurs really going to utilize five bigs in the playoffs? Even the 2014 Spurs, with all their depth, ended up using an 8-man overall rotation in the Finals. It was really just Duncan/Diaw/Splitter for bigs. So if anyone is going to be the fourth big, I say it should be Baynes.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-02-2015, 05:04 PM
He needs to work on his hands. His teammates are afraid to throw him the ball lest he flub it.