PDA

View Full Version : Smitty

Obstructed_View
04-02-2015, 05:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/stevesmith_300_061220.jpg

I forgot to post this the other night, but did anyone else thoroughly enjoy Steve Smith's color commentary in the game? Seems like just about everybody is hated by someone, but Smitty did a masterful job. He doesn't feel the need to talk, so he doesn't have to resort to BS, he has a good time and makes the game fun, and he's obviously got good knowledge of the game. He seems to have no problem showing his affection for his old team, so maybe I just liked him because he's a bit of a homer. What do you guys think?

Beaverfuzz
04-02-2015, 05:57 PM
No, it was just you.

Homo.

Obstructed_View
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM
No, it was just you.

Homo.
If loving Smitty's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM

I forgot to post this the other night, but did anyone else thoroughly enjoy Steve Smith's color commentary in the game? Seems like just about everybody is hated by someone, but Smitty did a masterful job. He doesn't feel the need to talk, so he doesn't have to resort to BS, he has a good time and makes the game fun, and he's obviously got good knowledge of the game. He seems to have no problem showing his affection for his old team, so maybe I just liked him because he's a bit of a homer. What do you guys think?

I like Smit over many like Miller and Jackson.

MateoNeygro
04-02-2015, 06:25 PM

I fucking hate Miller. He's a huge twat.

dabom
04-02-2015, 06:32 PM
I fucking hate Miller. He's a huge twat.

I can agree with this. He was a huge warriors faggot the whole time his friend was the head coach.

TXstbobcat
04-02-2015, 06:35 PM

I thought Smith was good a color commentator the other night.

MateoNeygro
04-02-2015, 06:37 PM
I can agree with this. He was a huge warriors faggot the whole time his friend was the head coach.

why thank you Good Sir.

BillMc
04-02-2015, 07:17 PM
I thought he did a nice job. He always has insightful, reserved commentary. I like him on Open Court as well.

therealtruth
04-02-2015, 08:40 PM
I thought he did a nice job. He always has insightful, reserved commentary. I like him on Open Court as well.

He's one of the few sports analysts who chooses his words carefully and thinks before he speaks.

Seventyniner
04-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Meh. He was alright.

I could barely breathe in the middle of the 4th when Tony and Tiago made baskets and Kevin Harlan was calling it like they just closed the doors on a Finals game. I really was laughing that hard. It's like Harlan was trying to make up for the complete lack of energy from the fans.

Mr. Body
04-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Smith was not bad. Miller is worse than you'd expect, almost playing stupid.

Sean Cagney
04-02-2015, 09:34 PM
I can't stand Reggie Miller and his back handed comments at times, he just sucks. Jackson is okay but he just states the obvious alot of times like to win the game they have to start making some stops or making some shots, NO SHIT.
Meh. He was alright.

I could barely breathe in the middle of the 4th when Tony and Tiago made baskets and Kevin Harlan was calling it like they just closed the doors on a Finals game. I really was laughing that hard. It's like Harlan was trying to make up for the complete lack of energy from the fans.
Kevin Harlan acts like he is jumping out of his seat during a 2nd quarter of the first regular season game and a guy hits a fade away shot, he gets amped up. Harlan is one for the game though, if he was not there and you did not hear that distinct voice during the playoffs when a shot goes in then it would not be the same, classic. RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT BETWEEEEEEEEEEEEEN THE EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, nobody can do that like him.

Pauleta14
04-02-2015, 10:20 PM

It was just you buddy, I thought many times during the game that what he was saying was either useless or that he made 30sec sentences where only 3 or 4 were needed...:lol

I like the guy though it's not painful to hear like Jon Barry or sometimes Miller...

Beaverfuzz
04-02-2015, 10:23 PM
It was just you buddy, I thought many times during the game that what he was saying was either useless or that he made 30sec sentences where only 3 or 4 were needed...:lol

I like the guy though it's not painful to hear like Jon Barry or sometimes Miller...

Exactly, Smitty is overrated.

CitizenDwayne
04-02-2015, 10:31 PM
He's fine. Not Mr. Personality or anything, but he's alright.

LakerHater
04-02-2015, 11:16 PM
I like Smitty, FUCK Reggie Miller!

playbonner15
04-03-2015, 12:53 AM
He's so-so but he's definitely better than Miller. E lliot and Land are better even though Sean's definitely a homer. But Chuck, Shaq, Ernie as commentators in SA are the most entertaining tbh

Juggity
04-03-2015, 01:04 AM
I thought he did a good job. I also really like Brent Barry's commentary work this season also. They have him doing more games now.

Prose
04-03-2015, 01:19 AM

I completely agree! He sounded actually into the game and exited to watch the spurs, some one like Jon Barry clearly doesn't like the spurs and he is annoying

CitizenDwayne
04-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Keep in mind, whether or not he "likes the Spurs" shouldn't really have anything to do with his ability as a broadcaster.

Jon Barry is just trash, regardless of any biases.

Darius McCrary
04-03-2015, 03:08 AM
I loved when he didn't act like an asshole in 2003 when Pop started Stephen Jackson over him and he still came in those playoffs minutes like a boss.

Got no quarrel with Smitty. :tu

Obstructed_View
04-03-2015, 11:42 PM
He's fine. Not Mr. Personality or anything, but he's alright.

True. I liked Walton's personality, but for anyone else, I just want them to analyze when they have something to say and shut up the rest of the time.

Personally I'd be in favor of a SAP channel that is just court, arena and PA sounds.