PDA

View Full Version : Kings: DeMarcus Cousins joins Wilt Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 02:48 PM
As the only players to record 20+ points, 20+ rebounds, and 10+ assists in back to back games.

In the last four games he's averaging 27.8pts, 18.0rebs, 7.0asts, 3.5 blks. I'm a huge fan of Anthony Davis but the debate is over, no big in the league can dominate a game like Cousins.

His stats this season have him in some elite company. (Kareem, Barkley, Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, D.Robinson)
http://bkref.com/tiny/Jt6No

If the incompetent front office gets it's act together and surrounds him with 3 & D guys the Kings could be fun to watch next year under George Karl. Cauley-Stein paired next to Cousins would be a scary front court.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2015, 02:52 PM
The debate is over? That is a great stat line and he has played well this year but AD is known as the best big in the league right now by many. I disagree the debate is over on that end.

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 02:59 PM
In my mind yes the debate is over. If I had the choice to build around Cousins or Davis I take Cousins every single time. I really really like Davis but he can not dominate a game like Cousins can.

apalisoc_9
04-04-2015, 03:07 PM
the punk ass imature nigga was stat padding in the 4th to the detriment of his team.

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 03:21 PM
the punk ass imature nigga was stat padding in the 4th to the detriment of his team.
stat padding 13 assists lol stupid fuck

benstanfield
04-04-2015, 03:24 PM
...and his usual 5 turnovers. Wake me up when he isn't giving back a ~10 point differential every game.

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 03:31 PM
...and his usual 5 turnovers. Wake me up when he isn't giving back a ~10 point differential every game.
I'd take 13 assists to 5 turnovers from my center every single night.

Since 1985 there have been nine 20-20-10 games. Cousins just had 2 of them back to back, incredible. Even more incredible they lost both games :lol

apalisoc_9
04-04-2015, 04:15 PM
stat padding 13 assists lol stupid fuck

he was playing PG in the fourth to get his assists..

just bexause he got 13 assist doesn't mean he wasn't stat padding you dumbfuxk.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2015, 04:39 PM
As the only players to record 20+ points, 20+ rebounds, and 10+ assists in back to back games.

In the last four games he's averaging 27.8pts, 18.0rebs, 7.0asts, 3.5 blks. I'm a huge fan of Anthony Davis but the debate is over, no big in the league can dominate a game like Cousins.

His stats this season have him in some elite company. (Kareem, Barkley, Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, D.Robinson)
http://bkref.com/tiny/Jt6No

If the incompetent front office gets it's act together and surrounds him with 3 & D guys the Kings could be fun to watch next year under George Karl. Cauley-Stein paired next to Cousins would be a scary front court.

How do you dominate and lose that much? Wilt and Elgin made it to the EC and NBA Finals year after year. Wilt had shitty teams with the Warriors. Boogie has never made an 8 seed.

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 04:47 PM
he was playing PG in the fourth to get his assists..

just bexause he got 13 assist doesn't mean he wasn't stat padding you dumbfuxk.
You are not very convincing with your stat padding argument, especially considering you are bitching about his assists.
He had 4 assists in the fourth quarter. Was he also playing PG for the first three quarters and his other 9 assists? Amazing 20 rebound game by a PG, or were his rebounds also just stay padding?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2015, 04:50 PM
How about both performances coming with the L? Empty effort padded stats.

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 04:54 PM
How do you dominate and lose that much? Wilt and Elgin made it to the EC and NBA Finals year after year. Wilt had shitty teams with the Warriors. Boogie has never made an 8 seed.
Aside from Rudy Gay there is no one else on that team worth a shit. They can't defend and the bench is the worst in the league. If they had mediocre shooters he'd average 6 assists a game. He's also had three different head coaches this year. Had they kept Malone I think they would have made the 8th seed. They were off to their best start in over ten years and were beating playoff teams until Cousins got viral meningitis and Malone was fired.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Aside from Rudy Gay there is no one else on that team worth a shit. They can't defend and the bench is the worst in the league. If they had mediocre shooters he'd average 6 assists a game. He's also had three different head coaches this year. Had they kept Malone I think they would have made the 8th seed. They were off to their best start in over ten years and were beating playoff teams until Cousins got viral meningitis and Malone was fired.

No one was worth a shit on Wilt's Warriors teams.

Best start in history had you struggling in 9th. Sucks to be a Kings fan.

Clipper Nation
04-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Hating on Cousins is just a vanilla mainstream take at this point, tbh. He's the real deal. Too bad he's saddled with such a shitty franchise and owner. That being said, I'd still take Davis in the long term.

PingPong
04-04-2015, 05:17 PM
JaVale McGee can get those numbers in a good day or in a shitty team as Washington was. I just dunno about assists, since nig is dumb as hell but he can get huge triple doubles too.

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 05:26 PM
No one was worth a shit on Wilt's Warriors teams.

Best start in history had you struggling in 9th. Sucks to be a Kings fan.

Wilt played in an era where he was able to average 50 a game for the season and score a 100 points in a game, the two eras aren't a good comparison as the talent level overall today is far superior.

They were 9-6 before Cousins was out for two weeks and had beaten the Spurs, Clippers, Blazers, Bulls, and Pelicans and were close in the games they lost. It sucks to be a Kings fan and have a start like that and then have your head coach fired. And then have the next coach fired. :lol

I'm happy Ranadive bought the Kings and kept them in Sacramento but he hasn't a clue of how to run a team and needs to let Divac and Karl handle team operations from here on out.

spurraider21
04-04-2015, 05:27 PM
In my mind yes the debate is over. If I had the choice to build around Cousins or Davis I take Cousins every single time. I really really like Davis but he can not dominate a game like Cousins can.
Debate is over syndrome

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 05:29 PM
JaVale McGee can get those numbers in a good day or in a shitty team as Washington was. I just dunno about assists, since nig is dumb as hell but he can get huge triple doubles too.
JaVale McGee career 8.4pts/5.5rbs

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Debate is over syndrome
Is it worse than Downs?

TheSanityAnnex
04-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Hating on Cousins is just a vanilla mainstream take at this point, tbh. He's the real deal. Too bad he's saddled with such a shitty franchise and owner. That being said, I'd still take Davis in the long term.
Who would you want in the playoffs though?

ElNono
04-04-2015, 05:48 PM

Tim Duncan

04-04-2015, 05:51 PM
He's a beast, but does have the propensity to turn it over. Him and AD both have bright futures.

Robz4000
04-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Counsins has come a long way mentally and basketball-wise since he entered the league, but I'd still take Davis over him. Cousins has a better offensive game, but Davis' defensive impacts are far superior.

Raven
04-04-2015, 05:55 PM

i agree

Holden_Caulfield
04-04-2015, 05:59 PM
cousins is such an underrated passer. dude needs to team up with wall again. wall KD and cousins in dc would be sick.

spurraider21
04-04-2015, 06:09 PM
cousins is such an underrated passer. dude needs to team up with wall again. wall KD and cousins in dc would be sick.
perriman should reunite with bortles :lol

Clipper Nation
04-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Still Davis, because of defense.

baseline bum
04-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Cousins has become an incredible player this year after being pretty disappointing before, but Davis is probably the second best player in the league with Durant finished.

lefty
04-04-2015, 07:53 PM

Quality post tbh

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2015, 08:35 PM
cousins and ad need to do one thing...get off their current shitty teams onto a team with a better coach and roster

Mal
04-04-2015, 08:44 PM
I`d take Davis over Cousins anytime anyplace. Talentwise and mentalwise.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2015, 11:46 PM

Yes because you are a Kings fan. How is the debate over when others are debating it though? They are still both very young so the debate is far from over and the years coming will tell us alot more. Cousins is doing great though no doubt at all, agreed on that end of things. In the long run like some one said though I would have to go with AD.

SpurSwag
04-05-2015, 12:37 AM

exactly, they are both great players in their own right

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-05-2015, 02:52 AM

:rollin What? Seriously? There's homerism and then there's that lol

FuzzyLumpkins
04-05-2015, 04:28 AM
I like Cousins. When he isn't settling for jumpers he compares favorably to Moses Malone.

He ain't Wilt and who cares about Baylor. Where is that Lakers fan trying to say that Jerry West should be in the discussion for GOAT.

pgardn
04-05-2015, 08:37 AM
He joins Wilt and Elgin as...

perpetual losers.

Its possible.

unleashbaynes
04-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Lol when Kevin Love was putting up empty stats on a bad team everyone called him out.

TheCultOfPersonality
04-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Best center in the NBA no doubt.

LkrFan
04-05-2015, 10:07 AM
I'd package The Pick! for him in a heartbeat. Then pair him with Jordan Clarkson and Randle for the next 10 years.

100%duncan
04-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Tim Duncan

:tu :lol

Cousins is toe to toe with Davis imho but Davis is better in defense so more people will take him.

100%duncan
04-06-2015, 01:22 PM
I'd package The Pick! for him in a heartbeat. Then pair him with Jordan Clarkson and Randle for the next 10 years.

Lol randle is done son

FuzzyLumpkins
04-06-2015, 01:29 PM
He joins Wilt and Elgin as...

perpetual losers.

Its possible.

Wilt rang twice. And before you start that shit with 'he couldn't win in Kansas' I present his 1957 NCAA tournament MVP performance where he lost in the final in triple overtime and still got the trophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8JuK2dVky0

illusioNtEk
04-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Cousins is a beast nobody is doubting that......... However he will not go anywhere with the Kings tbh...

FuzzyLumpkins
04-06-2015, 02:27 PM
In the above video you can see Wilt get hacked repeatedly and they show all his FT so you can tell how many calls he got. That is why he left the NCAA and went to go play for Harlem for a year.

Jenks
04-07-2015, 08:54 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/CreativeOrderlyCrocodileskink.gif

spurraider21
04-07-2015, 11:00 AM
davis came into the league with his jumper being a really weak spot on offense. now he's the best jump shooting big in the league (at least among starters), not counting ryan anderson, matt bonner, etc

his durability is currently his biggest flaw, but when you consider age and talent, there's nobody in the league with higher upside going forward