PDA

View Full Version : Parker needs to shoot less

RD2191
04-05-2015, 07:56 PM
In most of our recent big wins against top teams Kawhi was the leading scorer and it was a complete team effort. Not trying to hate but his offense really isn't needed. Just needs to pass pass pass.

cantthinkofanything
04-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Hmm. It's so crazy that it just might work. Consider this consigned.

Outlier
04-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Nope, he keeps the defense honest. Keep shooting for better or worse, may even get his rhythm back in the process.

SupremeGuy
04-05-2015, 07:59 PM
LOL YOU'RE ON THE SHORT BUS LMAO

:cry

Nathan89
04-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Parker needs to not play against the warriors. He's not good enough at defense and his offense doesn't offset that fact. Even Barbosa torches Tony. Cory should start and Patty should be the backup.

Malik Hairston
04-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Nope, he keeps the defense honest. Keep shooting for better or worse, may even get his rhythm back in the process.

It's 2015, join us, tbh..stop living in 2013..

RD2191
04-05-2015, 08:06 PM
:wakeupsmh

Outlier
04-05-2015, 08:12 PM

How about you grow up and stop trying to divide Spurs fans? How about you support every player that's a Spur, especially one that has earned your support for his contributions during several title runs? How about stop being a crappy Spurs fan?

RD2191
04-05-2015, 08:14 PM

SupremeGuy
04-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Parker needs to not play against the warriors. He's not good enough at defense and his offense doesn't offset that fact. Even Barbosa torches Tony. Cory should start and Patty should be the backup.There's a lot of truth in this post, tbh.

Arc
04-05-2015, 08:16 PM
only if you post less

RD2191
04-05-2015, 08:17 PM
only if you post less
Id fucking stop posting forever if parker shot less.:lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Wrong day to post this man. He shot a lot and we blew them out.

RD2191
04-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Wrong day to post this man. He shot a lot and we blew them out.
You need to understand that it's nothing personal against Parker. If it were any player taking shots from Kawhi i'd shit on them also. Look at our recent signature wins, Parker had like 10+ points and some of those points came when the spurs were already up double digits. Just calling it like I see it.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-05-2015, 08:22 PM
SMH. Tony Parker has the uncanny ability to get to the rim and finish. I believe at one time he has the highest FG percentage in the paint amongst PGs. He also makes defenses react to his penetrations in the paint. He is shooting 44% from the 3 point line. Yet you still want to limit his play.

This is is what sucks about coming to a basketball forum. Very little posters have little basketball knowledge other than posting online.

RD2191
04-05-2015, 08:24 PM

Outlier
04-05-2015, 08:30 PM
SMH. Tony Parker has the uncanny ability to get to the rim and finish. I believe at one time he has the highest FG percentage in the paint amongst PGs. He also makes defenses react to his penetrations in the paint. He is shooting 44% from the 3 point line. Yet you still want to limit his play.

This is is what sucks about coming to a basketball forum. Very little posters have little basketball knowledge other than posting online.

Fans that come out to the games are way better than the fans that come online here. Then again, I wonder if these guys are even true Spur fans... They could be just trolls from other teams, or worse, a 15 year old loser who lives in his mom's basement and has nothing better to do with his time than troll online cause the real world sucks for him... In case yall dont know who that is... Its apsolic /malik.

K...
04-05-2015, 08:32 PM
While this seems right, it isn't. And you don't understand basketball. OF course, maybe Kawhi is ready to be the first option. But ill still Take two quarters of Hero ball to test the defense, test rim protection, and establish the pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDDCgpEMtok

SASdynasty!
04-05-2015, 08:51 PM

RD2191
04-05-2015, 08:52 PM

K...
04-05-2015, 09:01 PM
oh man, imagine the colossal buthurt if Parker wins fMVP

ChumpDumper
04-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Terrible take, OP.

Seventyniner
04-05-2015, 09:08 PM
While this seems right, it isn't. And you don't understand basketball. OF course, maybe Kawhi is ready to be the first option. But ill still Take two quarters of Hero ball to test the defense, test rim protection, and establish the pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDDCgpEMtok

I call bullshit. A "hero ball" commercial and no sign of Kobe?

lefty
04-05-2015, 09:30 PM
oh man, imagine the colossal buthurt if Parker wins fMVP

Not gonna happen, Boobie Gibson won't be around

still.focused
04-05-2015, 09:37 PM
All he has to do is accept not being the 1st option & not stop the ball
If the shots or driving lanes are there I dont think anybody would care
But standing on the wing wasting clock waiting for a pick just to take a semicontested 18ft jumper is just shitty offense
And hes not good enough anymore to make em consistently
Its just like 2012-13 for Manu

Obstructed_View
04-05-2015, 09:46 PM
This is one of the things he has done in recent years while rounding into playoff form. Nice to have him healthy enough to go to the rim with confidence, but when he's also running the offense, they get scary good. If Splitter comes back healthy before the playoffs start and Patty starts to find his range there may be a deep run in this team's future.

FkLA
04-05-2015, 09:47 PM

And at one time a 4 down offense was what was best for this team. Doesn't mean it'd be a good idea in 2015.

This is one of the things he has done in recent years while rounding into playoff form. Nice to have him healthy enough to go to the rim with confidence, but when he's also running the offense, they get scary good. If Splitter comes back healthy before the playoffs start and Patty starts to find his range there may be a deep run in this team's future.

5 assts, atrocious defense, benched for Cory. Yet somehow he's rounding into form by 'running the offense'. :lol

K...
04-05-2015, 09:48 PM
so somewhere between "Parker should die and have his grave shitted on twice a day" and "Parker is not himself but is still useful" is where the truth is.

He is not the first option anymore, but we don't know enough about first option kawhi to start every game feeding Leonard. I have no problem with Parker calling the tempo and then letting kawhi get into rhythm. We'll need parker to keep teams from focusing entirely on kawhi.

RD2191
04-05-2015, 09:49 PM
so somewhere between "Parker should die and have his grave shitted on twice a day" and "Parker is not himself but is still useful" is where the truth is.

He is not the first option anymore, but we don't know enough about first option kawhi to start every game feeding Leonard. I have no problem with Parker calling the tempo and then letting kawhi get into rhythm. We'll need parker to keep teams from focusing entirely on kawhi.
http://i.imgur.com/Jpi9CvA.gif

Blizzardwizard
04-05-2015, 09:52 PM
I call bullshit. A "hero ball" commercial and no sign of Kobe?

But Kobe ain't in the playoffs.

SASdynasty!
04-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Not gonna happen, Boobie Gibson won't be around
But Lebron James probably will, which is who he outplayed in that series.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2015, 09:55 PM
5 assts, atrocious defense, benched for Cory. Yet somehow he's rounding into form by 'running the offense'. :lol

Well, you're one for three. I guess that's the best you can do.

RD2191
04-05-2015, 09:59 PM
And at one time a 4 down offense was what was best for this team. Doesn't mean it'd be a good idea in 2015.

http://i.imgur.com/Jpi9CvA.gif

FkLA
04-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Well, you're one for three. I guess that's the best you can do.

His defense wasn't atrocious? He wasn't benched for Cory in the 3rd quarter?

Obstructed_View
04-05-2015, 10:21 PM
His defense wasn't atrocious? He wasn't benched for Cory in the 3rd quarter?

I really don't think either of those is true. There were lapses in the game, but I didn't see any atrocious defense from anyone, even Bonner or Beli. Joseph is the backup point guard, he's been playing well, and I think we all agree he is a better individual defender than Parker. Curry went nuts, as he's been known to do, and scored like 13 points in quick succession. The Spurs had some mistakes that allowed it to happen, so if you're the coach you call a time out, tell everyone to be more mindful, and put in Joseph. I don't call that a benching, I call it a substitution. We've seen players benched before, and that ain't it. I'm pretty sure Parker came back into the game. I don't think it's realistic to expect that the Warriors weren't going to go on any kind of run during the game, when they've come back from gigantic deficits in the past and the third quarter has been kind of rough for the Spurs at times.

I'll go back and re-watch it to see if Parker was really playing that badly, but the Warriors are a pretty fucking amazing offensive team and they were settling for jumpers most of the game. I think Parker's been playing very well as of late on both ends.

ElNono
04-05-2015, 10:43 PM
I'll go back and re-watch it to see if Parker was really playing that badly, but the Warriors are a pretty fucking amazing offensive team and they were settling for jumpers most of the game. I think Parker's been playing very well as of late on both ends.

He was really bad and got benched at the start of the 3rd... but I thought overall, and except for that small stretch, he had a fine game.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-05-2015, 10:53 PM

At one time 4 down was best for the team because Timmy was the most dominant inside man in early 2000s. The evolving of the game that predicated the importance of dribble penetration has been going over a decade. Which is why spurs fans were happy to get Dereek Anderson in the early 2000s. When that didn't work out we were fortunate to land Parker and Ginobili soon thereafter. At one time having just one good dribbler and a decent one was was enough for a team. Now in order for a team to be successful they pretty much need three good dribblers one of which must be outstanding. Some teams even have a stretch four with the ability to put the ball on the floor and shoot.
Is it any wonder why Sean calls this the point guard league or why the three MVPs this year are all PGs or why guards/SF are MVPs for the last 20 years? SMH.

Clipper Nation
04-05-2015, 10:54 PM
we don't know enough about first option kawhi to start every game feeding Leonard.

You're just a blind hater at this point.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2015, 02:07 PM
He was really bad and got benched at the start of the 3rd... but I thought overall, and except for that small stretch, he had a fine game.

I disagree with the first part, and mostly agree with the second. Parker got hit in the mouth and walked up the court arguing with the refs and checking for blood, Curry took advantage of it and hit a three preceding the timeout, which is just a smart play on his part. Pop could have been mad at Parker for not hustling back, but at worst it's a lapse. He wasn't playing atrocious defense prior to that. He just wasn't.

Curry is going to be league MVP and is one of the best shooters I've ever seen. He's capable of going off, regardless of defense. Other than that last three, there was defense being played.

ElNono
04-06-2015, 02:47 PM
I disagree with the first part, and mostly agree with the second. Parker got hit in the mouth and walked up the court arguing with the refs and checking for blood, Curry took advantage of it and hit a three preceding the timeout, which is just a smart play on his part. Pop could have been mad at Parker for not hustling back, but at worst it's a lapse. He wasn't playing atrocious defense prior to that. He just wasn't.

Well, we disagree. Prior to the whole "got hit in the mouth" thingie, which Tony does fairly often these days, he got caught on a screen and Curry hit a 3 and then he let Curry get into the paint for an easy layup. Nobody was really surprised when Pop benched him for Cory. It was just a lapse, no big deal. I'm glad we still have players we can fall back to in those instances and give us good minutes.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Well, we disagree. Prior to the whole "got hit in the mouth" thingie, which Tony does fairly often these days, he got caught on a screen and Curry hit a 3 and then he let Curry get into the paint for an easy layup. Nobody was really surprised when Pop benched him for Cory. It was just a lapse, no big deal. I'm glad we still have players we can fall back to in those instances and give us good minutes.
Not sure how getting hit in the mouth is Parker's fault, which seems to be your implication. Even the TV guys thought that was a foul. He got caught on the screen and still challenged the shot. Curry just hit it.

Yeah, nobody was surprised when Pop subbed Parker out because Curry scored 13 straight points, Joseph is a better defender and Parker got hit in the face. Maybe we're just using different terminology for the same thing, but when I think of Pop benching someone, I think of the '03 finals. Parker didn't come back in. Pop subs people out when they fuck up to yell at them and then puts them back in. Joseph, to his credit, did a great job. Curry's next shot was a definite heat check.

manufan10
04-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Yeah, he was acting on that whole "got hit in the mouth," and then didn't hustle to get back on D. He bitched to the refs and that left Curry with a wide open 3.

Back to the OP... Not including his rookie season, Parker is attempting a career low in shots. I think the only time I have a problem with Tony is when he over-dribbles the ball, as someone else mentioned. That's when the offense stalls because there is no ball movement. This offense strives when Tony is more aggressive with tempo, and also attacking the basket. It sucks the defense in.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2015, 03:13 PM
lol acting

So many NBA ballers here.

ElNono
04-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Not sure how getting hit in the mouth is Parker's fault, which seems to be your implication. Even the TV guys thought that was a foul. He got caught on the screen and still challenged the shot. Curry just hit it.

I don't care if it was a foul or not. It's not the first time he flops looking for a call and stays bitching at the refs. It's something that has been pointed out here quite a few times throughout the season. You can get away with that against shitty teams, good teams will make you pay for your stupidity and Tony is a vet, he should know better. He's not feeling good? Pop will call a timeout. If you can get up to bitch at a ref, you can get up and get back on defense.

He also fucked up going under the screen and not staying in front of Curry BEFORE the whole mouth incident, which is why I think Pop decided he had enough of that.

I don't want this to sound unfair, that was really the only time in the game I remember Tony not doing a good job on Curry while he guarded him. Curry did get other baskets on Tony during the game, but that's Curry being a great player, not something you can point the Spurs screwing up.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't care if it was a foul or not. It's not the first time he flops looking for a call and stays bitching at the refs. It's something that has been pointed out here quite a few times throughout the season. You can get away with that against shitty teams, good teams will make you pay for your stupidity and Tony is a vet, he should know better. He's not feeling good? Pop will call a timeout. If you can get up to bitch at a ref, you can get up and get back on defense.

He also fucked up going under the screen and not staying in front of Curry BEFORE the whole mouth incident, which is why I think Pop decided he had enough of that.

I don't want this to sound unfair, that was really the only time in the game I remember Tony not doing a good job on Curry while he guarded him. Curry did get other baskets on Tony during the game, but that's Curry being a great player, not something you can point the Spurs screwing up.

Curry defended by Bonner, loses him and hits a three.
Curry defended by Bonner, loses him and hits a long two.
Curry defended by Parker, hits a contested three with both Parker and Bonner in arm's reach of him (Parker fought through the screen and contested the shot, he did not go under).
Curry defended by Green, blows by him and gets a wide open layup. No idea what anyone was thinking for that one.
Curry hits a three when Green's swallowed up by a Bogut screen with Parker trailing the play (clearly Parker's fuck up)

Not wanting to sound unfair, but you apparently have no problem being utterly full of shit. Curry was defended by Green or Curry on four of his five baskets, Parker plays good defense on the one basket Curry makes, yet you mischaracterize the whole run, blaming his defense and flopping when you aren't even right about the details, which sort of makes me wonder about your motivation. I don't keep up with who hates Manu for no reason and who hates Parker for no reason, but all of you are idiots for doing that. I have no problem pointing out Parker's mistake, but there's no evidence that he got benched by Pop for playing poor defense on that sequence, as nobody with a brain can blame him for more than one of those baskets.

Curry went off, Pop needed someone to focus in on Curry, and Joseph did a great job. Not sure why anyone feels the need to try to shit on Parker for it.