PDA

View Full Version : The Toyota Plant

HB22inSA
09-06-2005, 03:00 AM
A buddy of mine has a brother who works for Joeris and is working on the new Toyota Plant.

I was able to take a mini-tour of the new Toyota plant, complete with hard hat, steel toes, safety glasses and "security."

All I have to say is:

Holy Crap!!

I can't wait to start working there. ;)

JoeChalupa
09-06-2005, 07:25 AM
I have a friend who is working out there as a electrician.
He said they've had no overtime at all. Hopefully he'll get hired on as a Toyota employee.

Taco
09-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I can't wait to start working there.

Did you apply for Toyota?

batman2883
09-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Man i just got to work and everytime i see your screename Taco i get so damn hungry for a fajita taco

ObiwanGinobili
09-06-2005, 08:26 AM
A buddy of mine has a brother who works for Joeris and is working on the new Toyota Plant.

I was able to take a mini-tour of the new Toyota plant, complete with hard hat, steel toes, safety glasses and "security."

All I have to say is:

Holy Crap!!

I can't wait to start working there. ;)

hubby's interview is Wendsday.....so hopefully we'll see you at eht company picnic. :lol

what I thought was awesome is that the plant has it's very own fire department. talking with 2 of the fireman they said this was the best job they've ever had......hope it's the same for production guys. :tu

ObiwanGinobili
09-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Man i just got to work and everytime i see your screename Taco i get so damn hungry for a fajita taco

:lol man there are tacos and chalupas in here... now I'm starving!!

batman2883
09-06-2005, 08:30 AM
you see what im saying obi....its like a mexican buffet up in here like Panchos

ObiwanGinobili
09-06-2005, 08:33 AM
:lmao

no.... it'd be a real mexican buffet if they were all Sanchos , not panchos... :lol

j/k

Taco
09-06-2005, 10:03 AM

How Taco came up with his screen name:

Way back when, in a fourm far far away I wanted to start posting. I had to register and when it asked for a screen name I couldn't think of anything. I was eating a breakfast Taco at the time so I picked Taco as my screen name

BTW Bacon & Egg Breakfast Taco :lol

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 03:39 PM
my uncle put in for it and he went for the first test and everthing then they sent him a letter that he did not meet the requirements, so he called and asked what were the requirements and they told him they were only getting workers 30 & down not 30& up and he is 32 so his luck.

SWC Bonfire
09-06-2005, 03:43 PM
my uncle put in for it and he went for the first test and everthing then they sent him a letter that he did not meet the requirements, so he called and asked what were the requirements and they told him they were only getting workers 30 & down not 30& up and he is 32 so his luck.

Umm, no they didn't. If they actually did, that is illegal.

ObiwanGinobili
09-06-2005, 03:44 PM

thats weird because they would've known how old he was before he went in for the 1st round of testing since you fill in your DOB in the initial application earlier this year.

Besides. that would be illegal. Age discrimination. And a toyota rep. wouldn't blatantly say that.. so I'm chalking it up to the alamo workforce.

Almost everything is being done thru the alamo texas workforce, not toyota directly. So it maybe that whomever he spoke with at ATW just told him whatever to give him an answer.

ObiwanGinobili
09-06-2005, 03:45 PM
maybe his score was over 30? or he had 30+ mistakes?

just throwing ideas out there.

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 03:46 PM
i don't know thats what they told him but everything happens for a reason

spurs=bling
09-06-2005, 03:47 PM
maybe his score was over 30? or he had 30+ mistakes?

no i doubt it but its all good though

CosmicCowboy
09-06-2005, 04:47 PM
I've already met with several Toyota employees out there on business that were definitely older than 30.

SWC Bonfire
09-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Will a Toyota plant grow in South Texas? Full Sun or Shade?

HB22inSA
09-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Did you apply for Toyota?
Yes.

My interview is next week.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
09-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Is it true that if you are offered employment for the assembly line you are required to leave for Phx or Indiana for 8 months of training?

TheWriter
09-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Is it true that if you are offered employment for the assembly line you are required to leave for Phx or Indiana for 8 months of training?

No. They have training on the plant.

ObiwanGinobili
09-08-2005, 07:21 PM

no.
they will have training and classes here atthe plant.
Althoguh you may be required to go out of state - but only for 3 weeks at a time. they provide all transportation and lodging.

tlongII
09-08-2005, 07:24 PM
no.
they will have training and classes here atthe plant.
Althoguh you may be required to go out of state - but only for 3 weeks at a time. they provide all transportation and lodging.

3 weeks in February or March in Phoenix would be nice. Make sure you bring the clubs.