PDA

View Full Version : Back to back versus Rockets are huge.

ddjeffries
04-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Currently two games back of the Rockets. I am wondering how the rest of the West will shake out if we beat the Thunder and take both against the Rockets. Anyone know the tie breakers?

Go Spurs. :lobt2:

milkyway21
04-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Currently two games back of the Rockets. I am wondering how the rest of the West will shake out if we beat the Thunder and take both against the Rockets. Anyone know the tie breakers?

Go Spurs. :lobt2:

Really looking forward to this b2b games vs Houston..nice if we can beat them 2 out of 2 to get the advantage.

TXstbobcat
04-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Let's keep the winning streak going!! :flag:

Phenomanul
04-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Houston poses a greater match up problem for San Antonio than other teams...

mudyez
04-05-2015, 10:32 PM
We could be 20:0 at the Conference Finals!...Sounds like '13 all over again.

ElNono
04-05-2015, 10:42 PM
"Huge" games start in May, tbh...

wildchild
04-05-2015, 11:05 PM
It's likely to see Pop resting the Big 3 on the road and doesn't give a shit about that game.

100%duncan
04-05-2015, 11:08 PM
It's likely to see Pop resting the Big 3 on the road and doesn't give a shit about that game.

I see them playing if we can get a better matchup for the playoffs

Spurs 4 The Win
04-05-2015, 11:08 PM

wrong

cjw
04-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Pop has masterfully managed minutes already this year and doesn't have to hold back at this point, even on B2Bs. Let's just hope Tiago gets healthy and Patty finds his shot.

BatManu20
04-05-2015, 11:15 PM
More important than us beating the Rockets is Patty finding his shot, tbh. We can't rely on Cojo in the playoffs. He kills our spacing offensively.

wildchild
04-05-2015, 11:22 PM
I see them playing if we can get a better matchup for the playoffs

Pop was on playoffs' mode about some rotations tonight. Changing defensive assignments early in the 3rd q and Beli playing limited minutes in the first half, I'd love it if he goes full against the Rox.

wildchild
04-05-2015, 11:23 PM
wrong

I hope.

Malik Hairston
04-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Win both and the Spurs will probably finish with the 3 seed IMO..massive games..

Hopefully Memphis continues to struggle, though, which would mean the Spurs could probably get the 5 seed(my preference) even with a split vs. Houston..

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Houston's going to be tough, especially given Harden's continual dominance. If Spurs win both, then #2 seed is very likely.

Crazy how Spurs went from struggling to hold on to #7 seed to potentially snatching the second highest playoff spot.

Malik Hairston
04-06-2015, 12:56 AM
Houston's going to be tough, especially given Harden's continual dominance. If Spurs win both, then #2 seed is very likely.

Crazy how Spurs went from struggling to hold on to #7 seed to potentially snatching the second highest playoff spot.

Probably the 3 seed if they win both, look at the Clippers schedule, tbh..they aren't losing a game the rest of the way..

Darius Bieber
04-06-2015, 01:15 AM
Spur killer Jason Terry won't let that happen tbh. He'll have career games.

T Park
04-06-2015, 01:40 AM
Houston poses a greater match up problem for San Antonio than other teams...

Not anymore without Beverly. To be a matchup problem you have to have someone that's hard to guard after Kawhi and Green are guarding someone.

Also having a defender that can guard Parker doesn't stop the Spurs anymore with Kawhi's insurgence plus the motion offense.

The rockets aren't scary anymore.

Sean Cagney
04-06-2015, 02:14 AM
Spur killer Jason Terry won't let that happen tbh. He'll have career games.

Like his game 6 1-7 shooting in 010 right? That or some of his bad games after that. This is not 06 man :lol... He fell off years ago tbh.

Sean Cagney
04-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Not anymore without Beverly. To be a matchup problem you have to have someone that's hard to guard after Kawhi and Green are guarding someone.

Also having a defender that can guard Parker doesn't stop the Spurs anymore with Kawhi's insurgence plus the motion offense.

The rockets aren't scary anymore.They have Harden so they are still a problem for us tbh. They are a very good team and a matchup problem for the Spurs.

ElNono
04-06-2015, 03:09 AM
They have Harden so they are still a problem for us tbh. They are a very good team and a matchup problem for the Spurs.

Harden isn't the problem. He can drop 40 on a great night against Kawhi/Danny, but odds says below that, and that's not enough to beat us...

The problem with them is Ariza, Brewer, Terry lightning it up from the perimeter, and whatever they get inside with Howard/Jones. Ariza has been actually playing really well off of Harden, that's a guy we're going to have to keep an eye on.

Sean Cagney
04-06-2015, 03:25 AM
Harden isn't the problem. He can drop 40 on a great night against Kawhi/Danny, but odds says below that, and that's not enough to beat us...

The problem with them is Ariza, Brewer, Terry lightning it up from the perimeter, and whatever they get inside with Howard/Jones. Ariza has been actually playing really well off of Harden, that's a guy we're going to have to keep an eye on.
So Harden was not the problem in OKC in 012 or last year before Ariza and Terry were there and they went 4-0 against the Spurs? He has always been a huge thorn in their sides man, sorry but he is the head of the snake.

ElNono
04-06-2015, 03:37 AM
So Harden was not the problem in OKC in 012 or last year before Ariza and Terry were there and they went 4-0 against the Spurs? He has always been a huge thorn in their sides man, sorry but he is the head of the snake.

In 2012 we had to deal with Durant, Westbrook AND Harden. And what are you talking about last year? regular season?

I actually think this Rockets team matches up worse with us than last year's Rockets team. Last year they had more shot makers from outside (Parsons, Caspi, Lin, Beverly), a speedy point guard that could also hit 3s (Aaron Brooks) and Asik to manhandle Tim. This year they've been extremely reliant on Harden to drop 40-50 pts (which he's done) and guys like Ariza (who has played well) and Corey Brewer off the bench (do you trust this guy to step it up in the playoffs? I don't).

The whole point I'm trying to make is that the Spurs can live with 40pts from Harden. The question is how are the Rockets going to score the other 60 pts or so they need to win the game, over a 7 game series? Do you see Dwight and Ariza consistently dropping 20 ppg a night? You keep either of those in the lower 10s and they don't have enough offense. IMO, anyways.

apalisoc_9
04-06-2015, 03:43 AM
In 2012 we had to deal with Durant, Westbrook AND Harden. And what are you talking about last year? regular season?

I actually think this Rockets team matches up worse with us than last year's Rockets team. Last year they had more shot makers from outside (Parsons, Caspi, Lin, Beverly), a speedy point guard that could also hit 3s (Aaron Brooks) and Asik to manhandle Tim. This year they've been extremely reliant on Harden to drop 40-50 pts (which he's done) and guys like Ariza (who has played well) and Corey Brewer off the bench (do you trust this guy to step it up in the playoffs? I don't).

The whole point I'm trying to make is that the Spurs can live with 40pts from Harden. The question is how are the Rockets going to score the other 60 pts or so they need to win the game, over a 7 game series? Do you see Dwight and Ariza consistently dropping 20 ppg a night? You keep either of those in the lower 10s and they don't have enough offense. IMO, anyways.

Don't underestimate their Big rotation Elnono.

Jones, Donatas, and Howard can put up points..fast points. Smith has also adjusted his game to the benefit of his team..Houston is an inside and outside team

Their biggest issue right now is ballhandling. No one outside of Harden can run plays.

ElNono
04-06-2015, 03:46 AM
To me, the game plan against the Rockets is: play Harden straight up, don't foul, don't help. He can get his, try to minimize sending him to the line. Foul any of their bigs, including Howard, they're all below average free throw shooters. And then stay on the rest of their guys and minimize their damage. The rest of that team can't get past anybody on a dribble drive, nor post up. Get back in transition, since Brewer and Terry like to leak out for the open court drive or 3 pointer.

There's some difficulty for the Spurs because we're over eager to help, and this is a situation where you don't want to do that. But with proper execution, there's nothing more to it, IMO.

ElNono
04-06-2015, 03:49 AM

Jones, Donatas, and Howard can put up points..fast points. Smith has also adjusted his game to the benefit of his team..Houston is an inside and outside team

Their biggest issue right now is ballhandling. No one outside of Harden can run plays.

Foul them. Jones: 61%, Montejunas: 60%, Howard: 53%, Smith: 52%

The games I've watched, Smith is still the same old cancer. He can be conned into taking long range shots. You do that, you live with the results.

apalisoc_9
04-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Foul them. Jones: 61%, Montejunas: 60%, Howard: 53%, Smith: 52%

The games I've watched, Smith is still the same old cancer. He can be conned into taking long range shots. You do that, you live with the results.

I don't disagree with a possible gameplan to let Smith Shoot. I was just saying Houston has won Multiple games this year with Donatas or Jones carrying the offensive load instead of Harden..So offensively, it's not just harden the spurs need to stop.

Also, howard is big and he looks good..really good.

I don't really think you can foul these guys whenever you want to..you want to have fouls to give at least before the 2 minute mark

ElNono
04-06-2015, 03:58 AM
I don't disagree with a possible gameplan to let Smith Shoot. I was just saying Houston has won Multiple games this year with Donatas or Jones carrying the offensive load instead of Harden..So offensively, it's not just harden the spurs need to stop.

Also, howard is big and he looks good..really good.

I don't really think you can foul these guys whenever you want to..you want to have fouls to give at least before the 2 minute mark

Their bigs don't worry me at all. None. I'm way more concerned with 3 point shooting and transition D since that's how the likes of Ariza, Terry or Brewer score, and they're going to need that 3 ball and transition to put points on the board.

I don't know what Pop is going to do in the next two games, but I don't expect him to show his cards either, so we'll see, but looking at the percentages, fouling their bigs, and a lot, is definitely going to happen if we're down.

OrEmuN
04-06-2015, 04:37 AM
I view the biggest problem with handling the Rockets starts and ends with the refs
If Harden is able to draw early fouls on Green and/or Kawhi, it would be hard to overcome
We all know Harden will flop - its just whether the ref will buy it

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-06-2015, 07:09 AM
Spurs are going to want to take both, I can guarantee that. The B2B is at home, so the Spurs definitely will want to win Wednesday night.

I think the Spurs could take both easily. Spurs are hardly expending any energy out their as they are in perfect sync on both the off and def ends of the court. Next to OKC, the Rockets pose the biggest threat to Spurs. But with Beverly out and them so thin in the Backcourt right now, Spurs should be able to beat them handily.

Ariza can't stop Kawhi. Harden is a horrible defender which the Spurs will exploit with their screens and shifts to get open 3 and looks. But trading Terry for Beverly. That is like trading Kawhi for RJ when it comes to defense. Beverly always bother Parker. Parker will be able to run circles around Terry and Pablo.

Just look at the boxscore last night, OKC guards lit the Rockets up. If they actually played defense like the Spurs G do, they would have easily won last night.

MateoNeygro
04-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Like his game 6 1-7 shooting in 010 right? That or some of his bad games after that. This is not 06 man :lol... He fell off years ago tbh.

I'm hoping he was being sarcastic.

tmtcsc
04-06-2015, 07:26 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/467334748851810304/VJsw1MaU_400x400.jpeg

Raven
04-06-2015, 07:51 AM
the only problem with the rox, is if beli plays. there is no worse matchup for his lazy ass.

jsandiego
04-06-2015, 09:54 AM
So no one knows the tie-breakers? We're quite possibly looking at a five-way tie for the 2-6 seeds at 55-27. That would be insane.

pgardn
04-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Strangely I really am not worried about the Rockets.
If we play as we have been, we are going to be fine in the playoffs.

SpurSwag
04-06-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm with Nono on how to beat Houston, they play their best when they get out and running and have their shooters like brewer, ariza, and terry hitting shots. I would much rather let D-Mo or Dwight get his than have the role players hit 3's, and if joey dorsey gets playoff minutes it'll be an easy hack a dorsey strategy too.

gameFACE
04-06-2015, 10:11 AM
At worst the Spurs split the two games with the Rockets. There's no need to rest anyone until next week. They're in a groove right now. Even after Sunday's game there would be five, maybe six days until the first playoff game. That's a lot of rest.

But yeah, the games this week are huge in terms of seeding but not playoffs. In the playoffs, aside from what's already been mentioned, Houston still has a problem in that they have Dwight Howard. He's not a playoff closer, ever was or ever will be.

Seventyniner
04-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Strangely I really am not worried about the Rockets.
If we play as we have been, we are going to be fine in the playoffs.

Agreed. Kawhi and Danny can each do a good job on Harden, and Parker won't have to ever guard a threatening player.

As with basically all possible matchups, having Splitter healthy is paramount.

cjw
04-06-2015, 10:32 AM

That would entail the Clippers losing another game. Lakers / Denver are almost certain wins (90-95% for each given motivations of the other team) and Memphis is struggling / Phoenix likely mails it in by then though nobody is close to them for draft order so may want to go out with a bang. 3 seed is more likely outcome, and I think Spurs end up in the 5.

Portland has a brutal trip to Brooklyn tonight for a makeup game and key is finishing with a better record to get home court. Spurs last game against New Orleans could be a bloodbath as they could be fighting for survival.

NO is tied in the loss column + tiebreaker with OKC. Both teams host the Spurs and travel to Minnesota, but NO has GS, @ MEM (b2b), PHX, @ HOU ... OKC has a much easier slate of SAC, @ IND, POR. If Spurs beat OKC, that gives NO one game to slip up. If seeding is already set in stone by the last game of the season, Pop may have a chance to dictate who Golden State plays.

Killakobe81
04-06-2015, 10:40 AM
To me, the game plan against the Rockets is: play Harden straight up, don't foul, don't help. He can get his, try to minimize sending him to the line. Foul any of their bigs, including Howard, they're all below average free throw shooters. And then stay on the rest of their guys and minimize their damage. The rest of that team can't get past anybody on a dribble drive, nor post up. Get back in transition, since Brewer and Terry like to leak out for the open court drive or 3 pointer.

There's some difficulty for the Spurs because we're over eager to help, and this is a situation where you don't want to do that. But with proper execution, there's nothing more to it, IMO.

Solid analysis. Agree with most of this.

manufan10
04-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Kind of along the same lines as ElNono said, if the Spurs just play straight up and let Harden and even Dwight get theirs, but play solid D on everyone else then the Spurs will be fine. The same as they did against the SSOL Suns teams. Let Nash and Amare get theirs and D everyone else up. No 3's.

travis2
04-06-2015, 12:59 PM
So no one knows the tie-breakers? We're quite possibly looking at a five-way tie for the 2-6 seeds at 55-27. That would be insane.

If for some reason we have SA/HOU/MEM/LAC/POR all at 55-27 then I think the tie-breaker will be in 3 stages.

1. Break the 3-way between SA/HOU/MEM. The winner of that tie-break gets the "division winner" tag.

2. Top 4 seeds would be (not in order) GS/POR/SW Winner/3-way tie-break between LAC and other 2 SW teams.

3. 5/6 seeds set by 2-way tie-break

Regardless of seeding, HCA would be determined by record, using 2-way tie-break rules if necessary.

I don't see this happening, though...

travis2
04-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Referencing the above post, here are the tie-break rules (in order; if a rule does not apply, go to the next one)

Two-team tiebreaker:

Division winner (this criterion is applied regardless of whether the tied teams are in the same division)
Better record in head-to-head games
Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
Higher winning percentage in conference games
Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference (including tied teams)
Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference (including tied teams)

Three-team tiebreaker:

Division winner (this criterion is applied regardless of whether the tied teams are in the same division)
Best head-to-head winning percentage among all teams tied
Highest winning percentage within division (if all tied teams are in the same division)
Highest winning percentage in conference games
Highest winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference (including tied teams)
Highest point differential between points scored and points allowed

Personally I don't recall a tiebreaker ever going beyond conference record...haven't checked that, but I don't recall seeing anything beyond that.

SASdynasty!
04-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Head to head tiebreakers:

SAS vs HOU - 1-1 (2 games remaining)
SAS vs MEM - 2-2 (tied)
SAS vs POR - 1-3 (POR won)
SAS vs LAC - 2-2 (tied)

HOU vs MEM - 2-2 (tied)
HOU vs POR - 1-2 (POR won)
HOU vs LAC - 2-2 (tied)
MEM vs POR - 4-0 (MEM won)
MEM vs LAC - 2-1 (1 game remaining)
LAC vs POR - 3-1 (LAC won)

Division Records:

SAS: 6-7
HOU: 7-6
MEM: 8-7

Conference Records:

SAS: 28-19
HOU: 31-17
MEM: 33-15
POR: 30-17
LAC: 33-15

So basically if the Spurs don't win both games against Houston, they pretty much lose every tiebreaker. If they split those games, they couldn't win the tiebreaker over Houston or Memphis, even if they won their last divisional game against New Orleans. That would put them at 8-8, which would be the worst Houston or Memphis could finish at that point and then we lose the all the Conference tiebreakers.

travis2
04-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Relevant for the #8 spot...NO holds head-to-head over OKC (3-1).

Keepin' it real
04-06-2015, 02:40 PM
I think the b2b with Houston is not huge. Here's why:

If the Spurs win both, then Houston is not the formidable challenge a lot of people think they are. So if they meet in the first round, so what?
If the Spurs lose both, Houston likely ends up #2 and the Spurs end up #6, so they would not meet in the first round, and I have a feeling the Mavs would push Houston to a Game 7 if not outright win that series.
If the teams split, then we're right back where we started before the b2b.

My personal preference is for the Spurs to not play Houston because of James Harden. Very annoying, that guy.

cantthinkofanything
04-06-2015, 02:48 PM
All that's beign reported today is Harden beat Westbrook, Rockets win, etc. Anyone watching that game yesterday saw that the Rockets are trash.

SASdynasty!
04-06-2015, 04:30 PM
I think the b2b with Houston is not huge. Here's why:

If the Spurs win both, then Houston is not the formidable challenge a lot of people think they are. So if they meet in the first round, so what?
If the Spurs lose both, Houston likely ends up #2 and the Spurs end up #6, so they would not meet in the first round, and I have a feeling the Mavs would push Houston to a Game 7 if not outright win that series.
If the teams split, then we're right back where we started before the b2b.

My personal preference is for the Spurs to not play Houston because of James Harden. Very annoying, that guy.
I'd like to see us get the 2/3 rather than the 6 though. Winning three series potentially without HCA for any of them seems a bit troublesome.

hater
04-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Portland in round one would be ideal. Then lolckets. Then lolippers. Then lolzzlies. Imho.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-06-2015, 04:52 PM
It would be a dream come true to get the 2 and end Cuban's season two years in a row. Wow, how awesome would that be.

djohn2oo8
04-06-2015, 05:47 PM
All that's beign reported today is Harden beat Westbrook, Rockets win, etc. Anyone watching that game yesterday saw that the Rockets are trash.

The roster isn't trash. The coaching is. They have pieces there that could be utilized more if coaching was worth a damn. Free throws are a problem with the team, along with shooting way to many threes. Rebounding without Dwight in is abysmal. Spurs should win both.

djohn2oo8
04-06-2015, 05:53 PM

Capela is another big who can contribute as well. McHale just doesn't like playing rookies.

cd98
04-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Key...make Harden play defense. Hard to do, though, because he'll be guarding Green. Make sure to have Green run through screen after screen so that Hardin has run ten miles by the time the game is over.

ddjeffries
04-06-2015, 06:31 PM
For me, I guess it depends on how easy Harden is allowed to get to the line.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Portland in round one would be ideal. Then lolckets. Then lolippers. Then lolzzlies. Imho.

We'd lollerskate right to tFinals, tbh :lol

Malik Hairston
04-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Key...make Harden play defense. Hard to do, though, because he'll be guarding Green. Make sure to have Green run through screen after screen so that Hardin has run ten miles by the time the game is over.

Running around screens to guard a shooter exerts more energy than guarding a dribble-scorer IMO..

Spurs did the same thing to Lillard when they hid him vs. Green, Belinelli, etc last year..they ran their biggest chunk of offense against whoever Lillard was guarding in that series IIRC..

FkLA
04-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Really excited to see how well Kawhi and Green defend Bin Harden tbh. :tu

Malik Hairston
04-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Best part about Kawhi's emergence and media hype is that he's now getting the reputation calls to play defense, just like Bruce used to..for those that watched the 2000s Spurs, you'll remember that Bruce was allowed to hack the shit out of opponents because of his reputation:lol..

The only way to combat Harden's superstar calls is having an officiating crew that will allow the players to play, and Kawhi's DPOY-level reputation will allow him to defend Harden without the whistle, hopefully..if that's the case, Spurs shouldn't have any problems..

If Danny guards him, they'll call 2 quick fouls, though:lol..Green has actually been getting the transition D reputation calls this year, fortunately, but he doesn't have the Tony Allen-level respect from the refs on the perimeter in the halfcourt, yet..

Sean Cagney
04-06-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm hoping he was being sarcastic.

Cant tell with him alot of times but he is either sarcastic alot or just very negative :lol

therealtruth
04-06-2015, 07:45 PM
If any team can win 3 straight series without HC it's the Spurs. We need Tiago healthy but at are best there's no team that can beat us.

djohn2oo8
04-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Best part about Kawhi's emergence and media hype is that he's now getting the reputation calls to play defense, just like Bruce used to..for those that watched the 2000s Spurs, you'll remember that Bruce was allowed to hack the shit out of opponents because of his reputation:lol..

The only way to combat Harden's superstar calls is having an officiating crew that will allow the players to play, and Kawhi's DPOY-level reputation will allow him to defend Harden without the whistle, hopefully..if that's the case, Spurs shouldn't have any problems..

If Danny guards him, they'll call 2 quick fouls, though:lol..Green has actually been getting the transition D reputation calls this year, fortunately, but he doesn't have the Tony Allen-level respect from the refs on the perimeter in the halfcourt, yet..

I'm telling ya, Spurs won't have any problem regardless.

apalisoc_9
04-06-2015, 11:10 PM
good thing the first game..the b2b is at home..

If the b2b was in Houston...no way spurs win that one..

DAF86
04-06-2015, 11:25 PM
Win both and the Spurs will probably finish with the 3 seed IMO..massive games..

Hopefully Memphis continues to struggle, though, which would mean the Spurs could probably get the 5 seed(my preference) even with a split vs. Houston..

Did you mean 3 seed?

Malik Hairston
04-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Did you mean 3 seed?

5 with HCA vs. Portland and GS in round 2 is my preference, tbh..only exception being if the Clippers get the 5 seed and Spurs at 3, but Clippers are a virtual lock for 2 or 3..

DAF86
04-06-2015, 11:29 PM
5 with HCA vs. Portland and GS in round 2 is my preference, tbh..only exception being if the Clippers get the 5 seed and Spurs at 3, but Clippers are a virtual lock for 2 or 3..

Why GS in the second round?

Malik Hairston
04-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Why GS in the second round?

- Portland would be an easy series in the 1st

-Keeps the mileage low on the old guys if they get the Warriors early

- Warriors alternative match up is a declining Grizzlies team, which they'll destroy

Spurs potentially getting Houston and/or the Clippers before the Warriors would be terrible..would take its toll on the old guys IMO, like the NO series before the Lakers in 2008

Usually I understanding avoiding a team in hopes that somebody else can knock them off, but the only team that can potentially challenge GS(outside of SA) is the Clippers and there's no chance that they could meet prior to the WCFs..

DAF86
04-06-2015, 11:48 PM
- Portland would be an easy series in the 1st

-Keeps the mileage low on the old guys if they get the Warriors early

- Warriors alternative match up is a declining Grizzlies team, which they'll destroy

Spurs potentially getting Houston and/or the Clippers before the Warriors would be terrible..would take its toll on the old guys IMO, like the NO series before the Lakers in 2008

Usually I understanding avoiding a team in hopes that somebody else can knock them off, but the only team that can potentially challenge GS(outside of SA) is the Clippers and there's no chance that they could meet prior to the WCFs..

I could see that, specially with the Clippers looking just as difficult as potential playoffs rivalas as the Warriors but I would still rather end as high as possible, mainly because that would mean the Spurs will be trully clicking come playoffs time.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Spurs are going to want to take both, I can guarantee that. The B2B is at home, so the Spurs definitely will want to win Wednesday night.

I think the Spurs could take both easily. Spurs are hardly expending any energy out their as they are in perfect sync on both the off and def ends of the court. Next to OKC, the Rockets pose the biggest threat to Spurs. But with Beverly out and them so thin in the Backcourt right now, Spurs should be able to beat them handily.

Ariza can't stop Kawhi. Harden is a horrible defender which the Spurs will exploit with their screens and shifts to get open 3 and looks. But trading Terry for Beverly. That is like trading Kawhi for RJ when it comes to defense. Beverly always bother Parker. Parker will be able to run circles around Terry and Pablo.

Just look at the boxscore last night, OKC guards lit the Rockets up. If they actually played defense like the Spurs G do, they would have easily won last night.

Like I said, rockets have no who can guard Parker with Beverly out.

ddjeffries
04-08-2015, 09:30 PM
scrub time. took 1 of 2 so far. lets get the second on friday

ddjeffries
04-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Let's hope Memphis loses

K...
04-10-2015, 09:42 PM
HUGE BALLS