PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Pippen highlights vs Warriors

FkLA
04-05-2015, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bma1zD8X3dw

what a monster :worthy:

BatManu20
04-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Monster game from our max player. Just glad he's on our team, tbh.

RD2191
04-05-2015, 10:06 PM
His class and demeanor is what really makes me like him. No showboating like all the fake superstars int todays game. No jumping around and screaming like a retard. No chest pumping. Just quietly killing.

sananspursfan21
04-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Unbelievable.

DarrinS
04-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Spurs would be very mediocre without KL.

BillMc
04-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Cheers.:toast Thanks for posting.

spurraider21
04-05-2015, 10:12 PM
those steals off of Curry :wow

RD2191
04-05-2015, 10:14 PM
people will say turnovers cost the dubs this game but its not like kawhi was picking off bad passes he was just straight up taking the ball away from curry.:lol

DarrinS
04-05-2015, 10:16 PM
people will say turnovers cost the dubs this game but its not like kawhi was picking off bad passes he was just straight up taking the ball away from curry.:lol

I think we had more TO.

RD2191
04-05-2015, 10:16 PM
I think we had more TO.
yeah but im talking about the dubs:lol

spurraider21
04-05-2015, 10:17 PM
one of them was a bad cross-court pass. the rest were just "yeah... i'm takin this"

pgardn
04-05-2015, 10:19 PM
These types of steals will stick in the opposition's head.
They mean more than just breakaway dunks.

Steph and others will remember you can't dance in front of this guy, and they will turn sideways to shield the ball. This immediately changes the quick threat ability. It's huge mental stuff.

100%duncan
04-05-2015, 10:20 PM
He was amazing.

K...
04-05-2015, 10:23 PM
steal number six was a pure gift off a bad pass but the rest were legit.

oh and btw, no hate but tonights best player was Danny "max contract" Green. TBQH.

RD2191
04-05-2015, 10:24 PM
steal number six was a pure gift off a bad pass but the rest were legit.

oh and btw, no hate but tonights best player was Danny "max contract" Green. TBQH.
green was the 2nd best parkerdicksucker

NASpurs
04-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Max player doing max player things. Nothing to see here.

Ron Swanson
04-05-2015, 10:29 PM
His class and demeanor is what really makes me like him. No showboating like all the fake superstars int todays game. No jumping around and screaming like a retard. No chest pumping. Just quietly killing.

Yep. He's a great fit here and I look forward to watching him play here for many years.

tp2021
04-05-2015, 10:33 PM
I was calling him "Steve Kerr" tonight because of how he kept sitting Steph Curry's ass down.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Nice find.

Nathan89
04-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Kawhi activating Finals Mode tbh. Just bullying people with similar size as him (Barnes and Igua) with ease. Also Curry doesn't have the athleticism needed to do work on Kawhi so if he can get some huge advantage via a screen he has no chance.

midnightpulp
04-06-2015, 05:42 AM
That drive and finish on Iggy, one of the best defenders in the league, was reassuring. I always feared Kawhi's comparative lack of "freakish" athleticism to other great scoring wings would hold him back somewhat from being a dominant penetrator (see his poor shooting stats off drives), but he's really learned how to use body and length to finish effectively in traffic, moreso than last year. And his footwork in the post was outstanding here.

He's turning into a versatile offensive player, and is improving game-by-game, showing us moves we haven't seen before.

MaineSpursFan
04-06-2015, 06:08 AM
I'm really disappointed that this Claw nickname seems to have stuck. I mean the inventor Patty Mills even said it was The Hand, not The Claw. I mean could we atleast call him Dr. Claw geez. He's still the Kingslayer to me.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-06-2015, 06:43 AM

"Killing me softly with his CLAW!!!!!!!!!!"

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-06-2015, 06:45 AM
Barnes, Iggy, Thompson, Green. GS had no one who could stop him. Kawhi's has perfected his jumpshot and hook like Durant where they used their complete arm length (wingspan) to their advantage. It makes their shot impossible to stop when their on.

MateoNeygro
04-06-2015, 06:54 AM
That might be the best I've ever seen him play. Like some have said here, he seems to just get better and better. He's not terribly consistent yet but that will come with time and tweaks to the system.

MVPCues
04-06-2015, 07:13 AM
It's just me probably, but I don't like attaching Pippen to his name. I understand why and don't fault the comparison...no issue with OP or anyone else. I just think he (Kawhi) is becoming that good and the comparison will be obsolete very soon.

Now if they rename Pippen...I'd be ok with that. :toast

weebo
04-06-2015, 07:43 AM
That turn around j from the baseline is unstoppable.

CGD
04-06-2015, 08:08 AM
What a beast. His post game is legit, and that fade away baseline shot, wow. Grown ass man moves tonight

Spur|n|Austin
04-06-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm in awe watching this dude on a nightly basis, he's growing into a superstar before our eyes.

jsandiego
04-06-2015, 09:51 AM

Steph and others will remember you can't dance in front of this guy, and they will turn sideways to shield the ball. This immediately changes the quick threat ability. It's huge mental stuff.This right here. It's the little things like this that take them out of their rhythm. It's the difference between a 10 point loss and a 20 point victory.

As good as the Warriors are, they still play outside in, and rely on their jumpers. Luckily, we have the Wingstop combo of Kawhi/Green to shut down their 2 big stars. We match up well against them.

cjw
04-06-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm biased, but think he's one of the five most fun players in the league to watch (Westbrook, Curry, Davis, Lebron). Note that foul line Harden is not in that set.

absoloot66
04-06-2015, 12:28 PM

Steph and others will remember you can't dance in front of this guy, and they will turn sideways to shield the ball. This immediately changes the quick threat ability. It's huge mental stuff.

+1. Definitely preventing Steph & Co. from getting in their comfort zone, which leads to them getting unconsciously hot.

urunobili
04-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Check the embeded video of Kawhi owning Stein plz...

http://espn.go.com/blog/golden-state-warriors/post/_/id/452/leonard-big-problem-for-warriors-to-solve

FkLA
04-06-2015, 06:08 PM
That drive and finish on Iggy, one of the best defenders in the league, was reassuring. I always feared Kawhi's comparative lack of "freakish" athleticism to other great scoring wings would hold him back somewhat from being a dominant penetrator (see his poor shooting stats off drives), but he's really learned how to use body and length to finish effectively in traffic, moreso than last year. And his footwork in the post was outstanding here.

He's turning into a versatile offensive player, and is improving game-by-game, showing us moves we haven't seen before.

Like you, I used to think he'd be a 15-18 ppg which was more than ok considering how good of a defender/rebounder he is. He just keeps showing us more and more of his offensive arsenal though. Now I'd be surprised if he doesn't eventually become a perennial 20 ppg player. He's averaging 19 ppg since the start of March tbh.

I'm biased, but think he's one of the five most fun players in the league to watch (Westbrook, Curry, Davis, Lebron). Note that foul line Harden is not in that set.

Watching him bully ballhandlers is what I enjoy the most. A highlight reel of Kawhi rips, deflections, etc would be better than most player's offensive highlight reels tbh.

therealtruth
04-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Watching him bully ballhandlers is what I enjoy the most. A highlight reel of Kawhi rips, deflections, etc would be better than most player's offensive highlight reels tbh.

That's what I liked about Pippen as well. He was a defensive monster. The ability to make the offense uncomfortable and bully ballhandlers. Kawhi is showing signs of that.

spurraider21
04-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Check the embeded video of Kawhi owning Stein plz...

http://espn.go.com/blog/golden-state-warriors/post/_/id/452/leonard-big-problem-for-warriors-to-solve
how is that "owning stein"

urunobili
04-06-2015, 08:56 PM
how is that "owning stein"

Because he tried to trick him with guided questions and Kawgi didn't fall for half of one of them. Happy???

spurraider21
04-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Because he tried to trick him with guided questions and Kawgi didn't fall for half of one of them. Happy???
i dno, just seemed like a standard interview :lol