PDA

View Full Version : Surprise, surprise

ElNono
04-05-2015, 10:00 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/5n3fm.png

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

And it looks like it didn't take into consideration today's game yet. It's also somewhat interesting because it's a ranking known to give more importance primarily to two things: last 10 games and point differential.

Also, the Spurs defense the past two weeks have been head and shoulders above anybody else in the league, IMO. We've held 8 teams under 100pts in the last 10 games, and the two that went over, was Dallas at 101 (only L) and Bucks at 103, a game that was never in doubt.

Silver&Black
04-05-2015, 10:05 PM
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/saki/snowish/128/Arrow-up-icon.pngAscending: Spurs

Silver&Black
04-05-2015, 10:06 PM
And it looks like it didn't take into consideration today's game yet.

Pretty sure it did...

Warriors streak: L1
Spurs streak: W7

heyheymymy
04-05-2015, 10:07 PM
:bobo

ElNono
04-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Pretty sure it did...

Warriors streak: L1
Spurs streak: W7

Good catch. Last Game/Next Game not updated yet tho

spurraider21
04-05-2015, 10:08 PM
warriors point differential this year has been incredible. we put a good dent in it today though

Silver&Black
04-05-2015, 10:09 PM
BTW...

:lmao Lakers @ 26th

ElNono
04-05-2015, 10:09 PM
warriors point differential this year has been incredible. we put a good dent in it today though

As good as they've been, over the last 25% of games, we've been better... pretty amazing how our offense has taken off lately.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-05-2015, 10:10 PM
I hope we can grab the 3 seed

spurs10
04-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Nice! :bobo

NASpurs
04-05-2015, 10:12 PM
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/saki/snowish/128/Arrow-up-icon.pngAscending: Spurs

:lol that shit always gets me

NASpurs
04-05-2015, 10:13 PM
They update those ratings around 2 AM CT is what I've noticed. The scores get updated right after the game but the ratings get updated in the middle of the night.

Mel_13
04-05-2015, 10:19 PM
They update those ratings around 2 AM CT is what I've noticed. The scores get updated right after the game but the ratings get updated in the middle of the night.

That's right. The margin will between the Spurs and the dubs will be closer in a few hours.

Cry Havoc
04-05-2015, 10:20 PM

:lol

Silver&Black
04-05-2015, 10:20 PM
:lol

All credit to you tbh....

Uriel
04-06-2015, 05:20 AM
I seriously hate how the Spurs get leads to as high as 30, only for the 3rd unit to suck tremendously and make the final margin 15 or something. It really ruins our point differential. That's why we're only 3rd in the league, behind the fucking Clippers.

GSH
04-06-2015, 06:28 AM
As good as they've been, over the last 25% of games, we've been better... pretty amazing how our offense has taken off lately.

It's worth noting that the Spurs' opponent have averaged .493 winning percentage in that last 25%. Of course, if they had been playing more sub-500 teams in the first half of the season, they probably would have squeaked out a few more of those games. They met the toughest part of their schedule when they had players missing. But, yeah, they are playing damn good ball right now. With all the early problems, it's pretty amazing that they are 2 FT's away from the 2 seed in the West.

The best news, IMO is that Kawhi seems to have been motivated, rather than dejected by those two losses. Tim has actually been drawing some defenders away from the restricted area (even taken some shots off the glass from outside, Tony has tossed in some nice floaters, and Boris has given them some solid post play. It makes a difference when they aren't getting owned in the paint. CoJo has stepped up enough that Patty's struggles aren't such a worry - they have to have a backup PG, and he's been legit lately.

ElNono
04-06-2015, 12:45 PM
It's worth noting that the Spurs' opponent have averaged .493 winning percentage in that last 25%. Of course, if they had been playing more sub-500 teams in the first half of the season, they probably would have squeaked out a few more of those games. They met the toughest part of their schedule when they had players missing. But, yeah, they are playing damn good ball right now. With all the early problems, it's pretty amazing that they are 2 FT's away from the 2 seed in the West.

The best news, IMO is that Kawhi seems to have been motivated, rather than dejected by those two losses. Tim has actually been drawing some defenders away from the restricted area (even taken some shots off the glass from outside, Tony has tossed in some nice floaters, and Boris has given them some solid post play. It makes a difference when they aren't getting owned in the paint. CoJo has stepped up enough that Patty's struggles aren't such a worry - they have to have a backup PG, and he's been legit lately.

Our offense was also not up to par earlier in the season. As you say, it might have to do with the opponents and all the injuries, but I also think the focus wasn't always there. Bobo and Tony looked done by mid-january, and you just didn't know if they were playing possum or not. The last 10 games or so it's been even more pronounced. We've been dropping 110 points and making it look easy. Last night, against the alleged best defense in the league. If we can stay healthy, there's all the good signs right now.

milkyway21
04-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Our offense was also not up to par earlier in the season. As you say, it might have to do with the opponents and all the injuries, but I also think the focus wasn't always there. Bobo and Tony looked done by mid-january, and you just didn't know if they were playing possum or not. The last 10 games or so it's been even more pronounced. We've been dropping 110 points and making it look easy. Last night, against the alleged best defense in the league. If we can stay healthy, there's all the good signs right now.

The Spurs ending the Warriors 12W-streak & the only team who had beaten them twice this season is already a good sign.